GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems they must have been killed on Friday.

Does anyone think a friend did stop by on Saturday,no one answered and they left thinking the Ds maybe went out of town because of a family emergency? And after the murders they were too freaked out to tell the sheriff?

I am watching channel 5 to see if they cover the D case or is it still all Mark Winne and WSB.

Do we know the Dermonds banked electronically? Or did they use the computer for just email and shopping? Not everyone of their age manages their finances and/ or life on the computer.

Subpoenas may have been for their internet company unless the Ds told their children/wrote down their passwords... The electronic footprint starts showing up. Every keystroke....maybe the murderer checked his email? And transferring money electronically would be not smart...I am married to a cloud banker. It's easy to trace.

Well, if the neighbor didn't think twice about seeing the man in the backyard he must have looked like he belonged at the Ds/ in the neighborhood. He did not look "out of place" or she would have called security, right?

Maybe the said man was seen on one of those videos from the neighbors security system. Maybe that's why the neighbor was terrified in a very early MSM article.

And you can buy police uniforms/ security uniforms in midtown and Kennesaw in metro Atlanta.

And there would be hundreds of fingerprints in our house-- all from the same few people but lots of them as I hate to dust!!! And we have nose prints on our windows!

Missed the evening news but will be watching WSB in 70 minutes.

IMO the neighbor could have seen someone who looked like they were a landscaping maintenance worker. IF I recall correctly one of the first things Sills did was question GW landscaping crew.

There is a deer processing plant close by. Probably useless info.

At 1:51 in the WSB video there is a great shot of house/ dock from a boat. That slope, IMO, does not appear as steep as in past videos.

I am on steep slopes with pine straw frequently. In flip flops. And I'm AARP eligible!

Do we know the Dermonds banked electronically? Or did they use the computer for just email and shopping? Not everyone of their age manages their finances and/ or life on the computer.

Subpoenas may have been for their internet company unless the Ds told their children/wrote down their passwords... The electronic footprint starts showing up. Every keystroke....maybe the murderer checked his email? And transferring money electronically would be not smart...I am married to a cloud banker. It's easy to trace.

Well, if the neighbor didn't think twice about seeing the man in the backyard he must have looked like he belonged at the Ds/ in the neighborhood. He did not look "out of place" or she would have called security, right?

Maybe the said man was seen on one of those videos from the neighbors security system. Maybe that's why the neighbor was terrified in a very early MSM article.

And you can buy police uniforms/ security uniforms in midtown and Kennesaw in metro Atlanta.

And there would be hundreds of fingerprints in our house-- all from the same few people but lots of them as I hate to dust!!! And we have nose prints on our windows!

Missed the evening news but will be watching WSB in 70 minutes.

I hear you on that one. Me too. jmo

If Mrs. Dermond was that good at Duplicate Bridge, a very hard game to master, I do believe she would do online banking. MOO

I agree. I would not think they had any bills to pay except utilities and cable or some such as that. They could pay all that on line. Maybe one trip to town for groceries a week and wrote a check for that. I do all my banking on line. jmo

Marking my spot, so hopefully I can check back in after you guys post any news they might possibly have on the 11Alive news. It's 10:30 here now, will try to stay awake. Thanks for all the input here, you guys are great with ideas. And hopefully with all these thoughts and prayers, we will see justice (but maybe not as soon as we hope). Still, I just feel so much better thinking they are onto something. Go, Sheriff Sills!!

I agree. I would not think they had any bills to pay except utilities and cable or some such as that. They could pay all that on line. Maybe one trip to town for groceries a week and wrote a check for that. I do all my banking on line. jmo

But remember Sheriff Sills' remark that he had looked at every check the Ds had written for 10 years???

I am kind of curious. One of the fun things to do when you own a boat on the lake, river is to take a boat ride and look at homes.

Usually the water side is the front of the home and the street side is the back side of a home.

I went over to Youtube looking for any video's of a boatride on Ocoee River but no luck.

So for those more familiar with the Dermond property what would make that particular house a target for somebody in a boat scoping out properties?

Would it be because the Dermonds were elderly? Or would the house be more outstanding than the others?

Curiosity has gotten the best of me after reading more about Austin Sigg this evening. Seems he watched little Jessica for a long time before he made his move on her.

Could this killer of the Dermonds have spent months on the water just watching the house and knew their habits?

Earlier I wrote my theory that this killer knew their comings and goings and knew they went to dinner on Friday nights and he knew when they usually left and when they usually arrived back home. He waited until they were in the garage and then followed them inside.

I think they were stalked and targeted for heaven only knows what reason other than they looked like they had some wealth and were unable to defend themselves. And too perhaps they looked like victims.

This killing makes me really sad.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24631031/evidence-details-twisted-path-that-led-austin-sigg

After his arrest, Sigg spent hours describing to investigators what he says was a crime at a "random place, random time, random everything." His defense attorneys argued that his actions were impulsive and that he struggled to understand them.

But prosecutors and court testimony suggest Sigg, who pleaded guilty to all of the charges against him on Oct. 1, spent months planning and studying, searching the Internet for chloroform recipes and the "Top Ten Places People Get Abducted." Sigg's confidence in his method, however, may have led to some of his greatest missteps.

Do you know if the fishermen were paid 20,000 reward for finding Mrs. D? Maybe this amount is less that? ty

Didn't the sheriff not too long ago ask if anybody had seen anything of interest on the river leading up to the murders.

Perhaps he was looking for anybody watching the Dermond home???

I haven't heard if the fisherman was paid or not. Sounds like not!

But remember Sheriff Sills' remark that he had looked at every check the Ds had written for 10 years???

Did he literally mean the hard copy of the check? I didn't know banks even provided those anymore. So, I am sure if there was anything there, they would have found it. jmo

OH WOW! I just saw boot prints displayed on that last video I watched. They were displayed on a line with clothespins and it was when they were talking about evidence.

Yes, a police officer - the Dermonds would have opened their door to a police officer or whom they thought was a police officer. In fact, maybe some uniforms were stolen from the guards who work at RP/GW. Holy Smokes FF! And they probably carried those sticks too that would put a good lump on somebody's head.

Consider this opinion since I don't have the link and am relying on memory, but about a week into the investigation. It was reported that all authorized persons who had been present at the crime scenes' shoe prints were being taken. Tells me that it was days after the CSI was iniated before the perp/s shoe/boot prints were noticed by investigators.

I remember thinking to myself, "here we go again".. and 6 weeks later, "here we are again"...

I' m thinking SS physically looked at checks, as he would have had to wait for subpoena to access banking records. When my father died he had checks going back to the 60s!! And business records from the 1950s to 1980s.

In the latest WSB video, you can reads words on evidence bags. I saw "taken from stairs" on one. Can't get screen shot.

Did he literally mean the hard copy of the check? I didn't know banks even provided those anymore. So, I am sure if there was anything there, they would have found it. jmo

My mother's bank sends a screen shot of each check in the monthly paper statement. Not the actual checks. If it's not on a paper statement she thinks her money is missing.

Maybe it is just me, but I do not see how the perps could have cleaned the house and Sills said they found hundreds of fingerprints. This says that no cleaning was done by the perps, and the neat house was just the way the D's lived. JMO

Of course, smart perps would wear gloves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565