GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw one that said he made $61k a year. Most men ( bragging kind) inflate their salary.
He didn't make very much at all. Even if he 61k was accurate. He had school loans and they were trying to buy a house.
I am unfamiliar with real estate in GA ...
But it sure sounds like money would be very very tight. Mom only works part time? What does she do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I lived in East Cobb very near where they do, the ratio from the NYC metro area was 50% of salary. So if you made $100k there, you needed to make ~$50k in the Atlanta market. I did move there and it was accurate. I remember practically everything there, like gas, food, etc. being WAY cheaper than I was accustomed to. Plus, the wife works p/t. I'm thinking they were doing okay for a young family in that area. jmo

Jehovah Witnesses are Christians.

Never said they weren't. I distinguished them from other Christian faiths, such as Anglicans, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Fundamentalist, etc. All of whom call God, God as far as I know (being somewhat of an agnostic myself).

When I lived in East Cobb very where they do, the ratio from the NYC metro area was 50% of salary. So if you made $100k there, you needed to make ~$50k in the Atlanta market. I did move there and it was accurate. I remember practically everything there, like gas, food, etc. being WAY cheaper than I was accustomed to. Plus, the wife works p/t. I'm thinking they were doing okay for a young family in that area. jmo

Thank you.

It always amazes me how the cost of living can change so drastically from state to state.

After taxes?

Usually when people talk about their salary, it's what they are expected to make without factoring in taxes. Anyway, I was just referring to his position not necessarily pay. He likes to throw his position around, like it's important. My husband's quote about the developers he has dealt with "pipsqueaks who like to impress me with their "vast knowledge." He said they are run of the mill IT guys, their title isn't very special. Almost everyone he's worked with (to be clear, there are A LOT of IT people with the same title in that company.) has been just out of college. I find it most interesting he likes to give exact title when he can.
Sorry, $61,000 gross.
Taxes roughly 25-30%

Yep, our car claims the tint makes a difference in temp. With that said, I can't tell the difference. But it's hot as Hades here, so I think hot is hot once you get over a certain temp.

Odd isn't it?

Maybe he was getting molars?

Maybe. Does that happen around 2? Super early teethers here, so we were done well before then.

Maybe. Does that happen around 2? Super early teethers here, so we were done well before then.

Here too. My kid had a whole mouth full before age 1.
8 teeth by 3 months.

Let's say this was just a horrible, tragic accident, with no malice involved, Even then, it would be inappropriate, imo, to have the jailed killer call the church while the funeral was in session, and sob into the speakers. What is the point of that? Mom could have just read a nice loving note from dad and expressed his remorse and his undying love.

But having her follow behind the casket, with her cell up to her ear, and publicly discussing future children with him, before Coop was even buried, is just bad taste, imo. :moo:

ITA. I just cannot fathom where this lady is coming from doing this sort of thing. I get that she's in shock but..........THAT would be the last thing I'd do even if it was an accident.

Jehovah Witnesses are Christians.

No, they are not, as they deny the deity of Christ, the holy trinity, and salvation by grace, beliefs that are essential components to Christianity.

The 2 year molars do, and those ones are a bear! Had to wean my youngest at 22 months because he was always biting me with his new molars, ouch!

this is conjuring up a picture that I really don't like...grumpy baby=grumpy daddy

The 2 year molars do, and those ones are a bear! Had to wean my youngest at 22 months because he was always biting me with his new molars, ouch!

We got teeth in sets of four starting at 3 months. It was a raging nightmare, but we were done by 13 months, so there was a tradeoff!

No, they are not, as they deny the deity of Christ, the holy trinity, and salvation by grace, beliefs that are essential components to Christianity.

They are Christians.
"Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the present age of human existence is about to be terminated with the direct intervention of God, who will use Jesus Christ to fully establish his heavenly government over earth, destroying existing human governments and non-Witnesses,[6][7][8] and creating a cleansed society of true worshippers."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses_beliefs

this is conjuring up a picture that I really don't like...grumpy baby=grumpy daddy

I agree. Men don't handle sleep deprivation well, and even though I was pretty used to getting up in the night, teething times were hard and I admit I lost it and got a little angry at my non-sleeping baby once or twice! Not my proudest moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member