GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think an odor would have jarred my memory. I don't think I would go from GOOD GOD it smells in here, to therefore my child must be dead.

I might think a cat had crawled up in there, a diaper was left, something.

It seems in retrospect that an odor is obviously the deceased child, but that's because we know how this ends.

But don't you think.....the overwhelming smell of death/decomposition/baked diapers would prompt you to look around the vehicle before driving down the road???

Nanny Leaves Young Kids in Hot Car to Go Tanning

By Newser | Parenting – 4 hours ago

(Newser) - It's a beautiful 90-degree day in Portland, Ore. Where does a 23-year-old nanny take a 3-year-old and 1-month-old? To a tanning salon, according to court documents, where the young children were left locked in a van until their screams led the cops to be called.
According to those documents, obtained by KOIN, a responding officer reported that he could feel heat "radiating from [the older child] through his bulletproof vest" and that the boy was "soaked in sweat" in the May 15 incident. The Dodge Caravan's windows were all closed, and KFOR notes that temps can jump 40 degrees in as little as an hour on a hot day. more at link: https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/nanny-leaves-young-kids-hot-car-tanning-185000452.html

Looking it up is researching. It's researching an answer for some queery. Sorry to disagree. JMO

No. It is not the same thing. Looking it up and reading a page about it, Is one thing. If they spent hours on it looking at all the sites, that is different.

I look up things all the time but I research very few.

It happens. My friend's son was working the front desk at the Hilton when Clara Harris had a fight with her husband in the lobby - right before she ran over him in the parking lot. He gave an interview to the local paper and was fired for talking to the media.

Now that I think about it, just about every employee handbook (that I've ever seen) of major corporations has a section about media -- what to do if media contacts you with questions about the company, what contact info to give to them, etc -- sometimes if there is a "major issue" going on with a company, they will actually issue "scripts" along with multiple reminders not to say anything off-script and refer all questions to the proper contact person within the company.

So... that would be part of the employee contract, more or less, and violating could get you fired for cause.

Looking up does not equal researching. I have looked it up. I know many parents that have looked it up. that alone is nothing but a contributor not something that on it's own makes someone guilty. IMO

REALLY?
J researched something topic wise like 'child dying in hot car'>>>>>>

then his child dies in dad's car on a HOT day.

No coincidence there.... imo

The day before? One day earlier he/she/they googled hot car deaths and the very next day their child died in a hot car. What a coincidence. If this is true, I no longer have any doubt that this was intentional. None.

The article says the searches took place before the 18th. That could be anytime before the 18th, IMHO, not necessarily in the days before. Have you seen a reputable source that it was in the few days before?

I am puzzled as to why he went with the "choking" story. However, i am in no way defending the dad.

If he had unintentionally left the baby in the car since the morning, the supposed choking noise should have been a horrific realization that his child had been in a hot car for hours, not just a "my baby is choking" moment.

I think it is possible that the baby did make a noise and there is a graphic explanation why. Sorry to have to be so graphic but....

After death (especially in such a hot environment) decomp quickly begins and gases do build up in the body. The motion of the car could have caused that trapped decomp gas to exit the baby causing both a "choking" sound and filling the car with a horrific smell.

Coroners often report that during transport of bodies, the bodies will make noises as gas is released.

JVM is talking about this and I wish I could watch it but she is so loud and dramatic.
What bothers me is the dramatics about the case, The feelings about it. For me this is about facts and evidence.

I can not stand making a show of it all.

You mean like at the funeral?

Why would HD need to cya? They have done nothing, they are not liable for an employee who kills a child on their property. I understand no comment by them but cya. HD even paid for the funeral. Jmo

ciao

It's just Basic PR. And a huge company like that would follow the advice of their PR agent/agency. It's not that they are at fault or liable, they have a billion dollar brand and image to protect.

The article says the searches took place before the 18th. That could be anytime before the 18th, IMHO, not necessarily in the days before. Have you seen a reputable source that it was in the few days before?

I misread the headline quote and edited my post accordingly.

No. It is not the same thing. Looking it up and reading a page about it, Is one thing. If they spent hours on it looking at all the sites, that is different.

I look up things all the time but I research very few.

OK, many MSM sources are stating that he researched the topic. I can't link all of the sources here, pretty much all of them are stating it. Not gonna argue this point anymore. JMO

Edit: misread the quote. Forget it

What a horrible coincidence to research "how long it takes for a child to die in a hot car" and the next day he dies in the same fashion.
Either Ross is guilty of premeditated murder or is the most unluckiest SOB on the planet.

REALLY?
J researched something topic wise like 'child dying in hot car'>>>>>>

then his child dies in dad's car on a HOT day.

No coincidence there.... imo

It may or may not be. It is too early to tell until all the evidence is in.

I wonder how many people whose children drown have looked up water safety or child drowning.

It is just too soon to say. IMO

I am puzzled as to why he went with the "choking" story. However, i am in no way defending the dad.

If he had unintentionally left the baby in the car since the morning, the supposed choking noise should have been a horrific realization that his child had been in a hot car for hours, not just a "my baby is choking" moment.

I think it is possible that the baby did make a noise and there is a graphic explanation why. Sorry to have to be so graphic but....

After death (especially in such a hot environment) decomp quickly begins and gases do build up in the body. The motion of the car could have caused that trapped decomp gas to exit the baby causing both a "choking" sound and filling the car with a horrific smell.
Coroners often report that during transport of bodies, the bodies will make noises as gas is released.

~bbm

Do you have some actual experience with this? I've been waiting to hear LE verify the smell since it seemed to clinch at least a cover-up. But this is something that never crossed my mind -- that the smell was released during the car ride and wouldn't have been evident without the body having be jostled in transport. :seeya:

Well its not great press you have to admit although I doubt many will stop shopping there as a result of this. I think some might think about it walking into a store but that's all. I'm sure if for any reason the mother becomes a POI then I'm sure there will be a lot of angry people over the funeral being covered by the company.

Why? It was the funeral for a baby... a final send off. I wouldn't be. jmo

Reporter Nick said the grand=parents were suffering the most

Bless them, as I'm sure they loved little Cooper with all their hearts - as grandparents do.

I do wonder how the mom is fairing. From what I understand from the video (upthread) she doesn't face any charges, as it's not against the law to do an internet search.

However, Harris also did the internet search, and just so happened to leave his child in the car, resulting in death.

I'd still like to know when those searches were made. All we know is:

A source close to the investigation told 11Alive that the search had taken place before the day that their son died – a fact that could be used by prosecutors to show that the death was premeditated.

Source: http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/30/cooper-harris-hot-car-death-mother/11807695/

The media seems to be all over this one, and is asking for jail logs, as well as the funeral audio.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members