AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No just a few but I am on my phone with no computer access

Ok I need help. I am trying to reply to pm but it is telling me I have to clear storage. How do I do that?

I think when you first join, you are only allowed to have only so many messages in your in/out box. I'm trying to remember, 10 maybe? When you are in your messages, there is a little box next to the messages on the right hand side. You click in the box next to the messages you want to delete and then scroll to the bottom and click on delete and it will clear some of them out. HTH.

Ok I got it. I appreciate everyone's patience. I will be at a computer tomorrow and hopefully it will be easier to keep up. Thank y'all

I will return soon. I have to charge my phone

carissa.jones.77, I would love to help with what I can. I stay home with my two toddlers so I can't do much away from my house, unless my husband happens to be home and can watch them. He might be able to help, he has helped JC a little at the start of it all. I am good with graphic design, anything artistic, and the internet/computer... so if I can be of any assistance in those areas then please let me know.

Do you have any idea if the Humnoke area has been searched by LE? I have not heard of any foot searches in that area. I thought maybe JC would know if they had, she would know why I'm asking and you probably do too.

:loveyou: Please DO NOT go missing! But thank you. Sadly after being around enough missing people you learn a few tricks.

Btw if you are around a few of these feeds you will see there are SO many, many helpful people here! All we all really want is to bring home the missing!

LOL, I would prob never go missing, I am agoraphobic so someone would have to come here to get me lol

Ok I got it. I appreciate everyone's patience. I will be at a computer tomorrow and hopefully it will be easier to keep up. Thank y'all

I think it is that you have a new acct. It is telling me I can't send you a message because of your space.

I think it is that you have a new acct. It is telling me I can't send you a message because of your space.

I'm new and I only had 3 messages in my inbox before I was getting an email saying it was too full to receive anymore.

Locals,
reach out to your community. See if a church, a business, or a bank would be willing to purchase a domain name and hosting for a year. Someone in your group will have enough skills to use a site builder tookbox. Make a place on the site where people can send a tip in to the site without having to reveal who they are if they are uncomfortable.

I don't know if either of you are on that facebook page, but it needs to be opened back up to the public, everyone will have to have a tough backbone. There will be people who say things your not comfortable with, some things may be nasty, some things may be gruesome. But you just have to cruise on past those folks. Most of the traffic to the group will be people with well meaning.

Someone needs to keep a notebook and log everything you do and everyone you speak to in it. This way you can look back in case you forget something. I know weve all tried to remember something important and a few days later it slips our minds and when we try to remember we just can not. So if you have a notebook to log everything in you can go back over your notes.

You need to get a professional looking poster made, one that does not include burial expenses. I know I am not the only one that was taken back by that.

Most of all everyone needs to put aside any ill feelings, and work together in peace, after all this is all about Cassie, not anyone else!

You all need to help promt Judy to be more involved. This is her child and although she is hurting she needs to be more active in this. There are some good examples on this site of parents who actively pursue leads and work on their missing child's case daily, even years later.

Keep a log of everyone that works the case with you in any way like searches, or speaks to you about the case. Sometimes offenders will inject themselves into the case by helping search, or talking about the case.

You ladies can do this! Represent your village with pride and show how much you care to find this child.

And last but not least, Thank You for finding your way to us. Look to the people here for guidance and help. We have a lot of great people from all walks of life here and they are here for one reason, they want to help in any way they can to total strangers because their hearts are as big as the full moon.

I'm new and I only had 3 messages in my inbox before I was getting an email saying it was too full to receive anymore.

The limit must be 5 then. Just delete those that you have. Don't forget to include anything in your sent file also. I think you have to have 100 posts to get more PM storage.

Locals,
reach out to your community. See if a church, a business, or a bank would be willing to purchase a domain name and hosting for a year. Someone in your group will have enough skills to use a site builder tookbox. Make a place on the site where people can send a tip in to the site without having to reveal who they are if they are uncomfortable.

I don't know if either of you are on that facebook page, but it needs to be opened back up to the public, everyone will have to have a tough backbone. There will be people who say things your not comfortable with, some things may be nasty, some things may be gruesome. But you just have to cruise on past those folks. Most of the traffic to the group will be people with well meaning.

Someone needs to keep a notebook and log everything you do and everyone you speak to in it. This way you can look back in case you forget something. I know weve all tried to remember something important and a few days later it slips our minds and when we try to remember we just can not. So if you have a notebook to log everything in you can go back over your notes.

You need to get a professional looking poster made, one that does not include burial expenses. I know I am not the only one that was taken back by that.

Most of all everyone needs to put aside any ill feelings, and work together in peace, after all this is all about Cassie, not anyone else!

You all need to help promt Judy to be more involved. This is her child and although she is hurting she needs to be more active in this. There are some good examples on this site of parents who actively pursue leads and work on their missing child's case daily, even years later.

Keep a log of everyone that works the case with you in any way like searches, or speaks to you about the case. Sometimes offenders will inject themselves into the case by helping search, or talking about the case.

You ladies can do this! Represent your village with pride and show how much you care to find this child.

And last but not least, Thank You for finding your way to us. Look to the people here for guidance and help. We have a lot of great people from all walks of life here and they are here for one reason, they want to help in any way they can to total strangers because their hearts are as big as the full moon.
Just to add to the above, which I agree with SO much of-
If you have someone that can find themselves around a computer or a blogger, you could always create a free website & allow Anonymous comments. Blogger & Wordpress allow free blog sites, I think they have forms as well that you can add to submit info to the site. If not you can always set up comments to be viewed by the moderator first.

As for the FB there is actually multiple sites- I think honesty hints at the closed one, I have seen 3 more public sites. I think Judy needs to talk to these Admins & all should be consolidated into one. Eliminate the confusion and then people can always find the latest on Cassie & know what to share. It could be posting all things Cassie in one spot instead of 4. People that speak inappropriately can always be deleted. I know people don't always like it but negativity on those pages shouldn't be tolerated.

I would be careful though chasing down leads if you aren't sure what you are doing. It may be best to have law enforcement doing that for you. Especially in unsafe situations. You need to be able to keep an open mind and not assume you can trust everyone.

Otherwise I think honesty was dead on with her post! :)

So before we had locals show up - we had a lot of questions- maybe we should bring those up now and maybe they can answer them?
I know we were looking for a sure answer if Cassie did smoke.
Where Cassie's facial scars came from.
If BR did go to military school (not the service)
I know there were others- I think Oriah had a bunch, right?

Looks like there are 6 guests! WOO HOO! Get registered & come join us! :)

Yes Cassie smoked but JC would not provide her with them. She did not care for the type they smoked so she found her own.

Is there a way to not be logged out so quickly? I feel like everytime I turn around I have to log in again. I have two little ones so I can't just sit here... I sit down to read or write, get up and chase them down to get something out of their hand, sit down to read, get up to get them something to drink, sit down, get up... lol.

It is my understanding it was from a really bad car accident when she was little.

I figured she did... I grew up in this town and know what being a teenager is like here.

As far as BR serving in military. He was sent there but did not complete training. So he is not classified as being in the military

Is there a way to not be logged out so quickly? I feel like everytime I turn around I have to log in again. I have two little ones so I can't just sit here... I sit down to read or write, get up and chase them down to get something out of their hand, sit down to read, get up to get them something to drink, sit down, get up... lol.
There is a box that says "remember me" near your log in, click it when you log in

Has there been any discussion of any future searches within the community, perhaps utilizing the hunting seasons and property access to cover more ground? Are hunting 'tourists' being provided with Cassie's missing info?
Perhaps we should see if we can get a list of outdoor and hunting stores, practice ranges, lodges, leased hunting lands, wildlife management hunting areas with season and hours etc., and make sure all have a supply of Cassie flyers with one in a visually prominent place?

ETA: if we have locations that receive heavy traffic during hunting seasons, we can call businesses and ask if they would be open to accepting a fax of Cassie's flyer to place at their business. Businesses are often amenable to this.

Couple more questions for locals....
How popular is the bowling alley with teens?

Also (and I know this is a stupid question, but I need specifics, lol)...
How popular is 4 wheeling, motorbiking, and mudding with teens and young adults in the area? Can anyone point me to the tracts and properties, as well as locations like clearcuts, firebreaks etc in wooded areas, and low or dry beds and gullies, banks, washouts etc that are popular for these activities?
TIA.

ETA: thanks to everyone who answered a question or clarified something for me via PM so as not to fill up Cassie's thread with redundancy. If you didn't receive a thank you, your mailbox was full, lol! So a collective thank you to all!

O/T....but how crazy is this?!

This morning I was searching for a gift for a friend in Stuttgart Germany, and came across a 'stuff for sale' facebook page for Stuttgart. It wasn't until I scrolled down a bit and saw a straight talk smart phone for sale that I looked up and realized it was Stuttgart, Arkansas. With all of our speculation and observations today re: Cassie's phone....well, needless to say, it caught my attention.

And made me think of secondhand shops and pawn shops (among other things.) What do we have along those lines in Stuttgart, Arkansas?

ETA: oh and military resale shops and surplus retailers...I've a special interest in those locations. Anyone know which are popular in the area, or do people go into Little Rock?

Here are a few posts from Oriah from a few pages back- maybe some locals can help with these? I will try to track down a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478