CA-Missing L.A. women - linked to killer William Richard Bradford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maima

Still learning.
Reaction score
SHERIFF SEEKS 50 WOMEN LINKED TO SERIAL KILLER
http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/3421276.html

The Los Angeles County Homicide Bureau posted this "seeking information" bulletin, which shows numerous photos (apparently found in Bradford's possession) of the women whose identities/locations L.A. detectives are seeking:

http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/LADIES1.html

I don't know if it's worth checking the Doe Network database or the North American Missing Persons database -- you think the L.A. county authorities might have tried that already?

Perhaps this woman could be one of those in the photos?

--Maima

I'm not sure if anyone else can see it, but the lady in picture 33 reminds me a lot of Lisa Jane Borden, who was last heard from in California in 1979. I can't work out how to add the link (I'm a bit challenged when it comes to technology!) but her Doe Network # is 14DFTX.

maima said:
Perhaps this woman could be one of those in the photos?

--Maima
Depends on how big an area this guy operated in. It says she went
missing in Berkeley, which is up near San Francisco, and the police say
this guy's victims were from L.A. and nearby suburbs.

Still, I am curious if there is a connection to this case I've been puzzling
over:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40964
The young woman worked in Anaheim and disappeared in Orange
(about 30 minutes southeast of L.A.) and she wasn't known to go
to bars or anything (where he supposedly picked up most of the
victims) but still, the time frame fits...

Waterlily said:
I'm not sure if anyone else can see it, but the lady in picture 33 reminds me a lot of Lisa Jane Borden, who was last heard from in California in 1979. I can't work out how to add the link (I'm a bit challenged when it comes to technology!) but her Doe Network # is 14DFTX.
Here's Lisa Jane Borden:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/14dftx.html

Here's the link to the pdf of the women:
http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/Wantedladys.pdf

The timeline fits, and the fact that she was last heard from in CA.
I'm not too good at noticing resemblances from one picture to another
(in fact, both pics on Borden's page look very different to me!)
but you could be right.

Gina_M said:
Here's Lisa Jane Borden:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/14dftx.html

Here's the link to the pdf of the women:
http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/Wantedladys.pdf

The timeline fits, and the fact that she was last heard from in CA.
I'm not too good at noticing resemblances from one picture to another
(in fact, both pics on Borden's page look very different to me!)
but you could be right.

I looked back and forth several times and I think #33 and the picture on the right of Lisa Borden do look like a possibility.

The missing poster pictures of Lisa are very different, and it's hard to tell from the photographer's (Bradford) angle if this is the same woman. All the missing women are gorgeous. I can see how they might have been lured into posing for a man who they thought might enhance their career.

The photos date back to 1975. Do you suppose Bradford remembers killings he committed that long ago?

Isn't this fascinating???!!! Steve Huff has a great post about this on his Huffcrimeblog.com and I think he found a match:

#25 looks a lot like Theresa Elizabeth Baxter

Yes, Gina_M, the fact that Bradford seemed to focus more on the L.A. area seems to put a wrench in the possibility that Lynn Ruth Connes (the Berkeley woman) is not one of the women in the photos. Hmmm... The circumstances surrounding her disappearance sure seem similar, though. I really do wonder how far-reaching Bradford's killings were.

Waterlily, I see lots of resemblances, too, with #33 and Lisa Jane Borden. Especially in the eyes.

Steve noted in his blog post that some of the photos look like they were taken in the 60s. Scary to think that Bradford may have been killing for nearly two decades (or more?).

I've been trying to find a photo of Bradford online, but can't seem to find one. I think he's listed on the California Sex Offender Registry (as Billie Bradford?), but no photo is available.

Hiya everyone.

If you go to this link, then on the right side of page click on the poster, this gives you a slide show of each picture...much easier to see.

I am going to save this pics to my computer for further investigating...don't know how long we can access these sites.

It may take me awhile to save them all...once I get them saved, I'll post, anyone that wants a file w/these pictures for reference, email me at christine2448@charter.net I will send you all, or requested. THere are a total of 54 pictures, however, a quick scan tells me there are more than 1 picture of some girls.

OK...I have them all saved (didn't take nearly as long as I thought!)

I know from reading that pictures # 16 + 17 have been identified as the same person, who called in to say it was her.

The articles also mentioned another picture, but not which one was identified as someone named Donnalee Campbell Duhamel, who was found decapitated in 1978 in a Malibu canyon...but not which picture, haven't had time to research yet to see which is her....if someone figures it out or reads about it please post, thanks.

I just left a message for the Homicide Det. in charge of this case to ask if there is a place we can go online to see which have been identified already, and how to get updates as more are identified. I will update you all as I am.

maima said:
I've been trying to find a photo of Bradford online, but can't seem to find one.
Here is a picture of the scum Bradford:

bradford.jpg

I had posted this in the cold case thread:

This case automatically made me think of Tammy Leppert... It is thought that he was once in the MI and FL areas.. this could really bring alot of closure to many families of missing women..

On a side note.. don't #16 and # 17 look IDENTICAL? (it feels awful referring to them as numbers)
DOes anyone remember a case about a girl who went missing.. her mother launched a huge search for her for many many years.. it was believed she was kidnapped by a motorcycle gang, the pagans or something?, i believe? I think, from my memory, I could be wrong.. that she resembles # 24.
eta: new question

I went through the girls that Anthrobones submitted to the thread.. and I think I found some resemblences!
Wilma Vemaas- #49
Lynn Connes- #23
Cynthia Hernandez- #13, 22
LouEllen Burleigh- #40, 52
Sylvia Carlson- #10
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I really think that we're all on the right track! My girls may not be matches, but they are possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngirl
That would be Amy Billig.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/billig_amy.html
OMG! that was the case I was thinking of... And now that I have her pic to look at, the girl I suspected was her, really resembles her, I think! )(#24)
What do ya think?

rayray said:
On a side note.. don't #16 and # 17 look IDENTICAL?
They are the same, they have already been identified, the woman called in when she saw the story and told them it was her.

Great work on your post! Lots to look into. About the cold case thread...dang, good idear...we should get a mod to merge the 2...I think that is a better place for this! (I'm PM'd mod asked them to decide, where best and if they should be merged)

# 28 is DonnaLee that I mentioned above, read it in the other thread, thanks Mysteriew!

Re: the woman who recently called in to authorities to identify herself as #16 & 17 -- I'd be really interested to hear her story of her encounter with Bradford. Did she sense anything dangerous or threatening about him while he was taking her photos? I wonder why some women were killed while others survived (and may not have been attacked or threatened at all)?

I'm getting sooooooooo confused! :waitasec: There are 3... count them 3! threads on this topic... 1 in Crimes In The News, 1 in Missing Persons Info and Support and 1 Cold Cases... :waitasec:

Sooooooooooo confused... hard to keep up with everything when it's all scattered about... :(

MagicRose99 said:
I'm getting sooooooooo confused! :waitasec: There are 3... count them 3! threads on this topic... 1 in Crimes In The News, 1 in Missing Persons Info and Support and 1 Cold Cases... :waitasec:

Sooooooooooo confused... hard to keep up with everything when it's all scattered about... :(
I didn't know of the 3rd...but I emailed the mods already asking them to fix this....I asked them to decide which was the best place for this and if the threads can be merged...I will PM them again letting them know there is now a 3rd thread.

EDIT TO ADD...magic, to confuse you more, LMAO, the one in Cold cases was originally in crimes in the news and has already been moved, so there is only 2 threads relating. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17