MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a huge misconception here about how the "average person" reacts to these cases. Unless you have a fascination with missing people cases the average person hears this on the news, says to their spouse, "oh my gosh. That poor sweetheart. I hope they figure it out." And then moves onto the next thing until the story comes back on the news again. And most of us here are following many cases at any given time so when there is no news.... There's nothing left to really say. I check on baby Leoana daily but unfortunately there is never anything new. This case is one of the very few that I saw on fb due to a "real life" friend posting it. So I do think it's gotten wide spread coverage. Again, that said, many of those people hit share and then move on to the next thing. I don't think her hair color has anything to do with it in this case. I do, however, think baby Leoana got significantly less coverage because of her skin color and that breaks my heart.

Yes. People in the area are talking about her and wondering about her and asking their neighbors. I think she will be identified soon.

p.s. Very few people seem to think immigration status has anything to do with it. And this part of New England is so racially and ethnically mixed that I doubt that is playing any role, either.

Yet the media does not represent the diversity of the United States. Minorities are not represented in mass media anywhere near the % they represent in the census. it doesn't matter how diverse Boston is. New York City is more diverse, yet shows set there do not show it. Boston's diversity has nothing to do with national media interest. Are you suggesting that the national media would be interested in an illegal immigrant or a child of an illegal immigrants who died accidentally, that that's going to be a case they go crazy over?

I'm so very confused by this? Are you saying she's not getting enough attention???????? I'm not sure who this other person your referring to is! Did I miss something??? I thought I read everything abd got caught up, but maybe I missed something.. what are u talking about??? I think she's getting plenty attention, media, billboards, websites etc.. I don't Facebook but I'm sure it's been all over fb... and I know everyone on here is staying in time and giving opinions and ideas... are you meaning she's been forgotten? Just confused..
I think there is a huge misconception here about how the "average person" reacts to these cases. Unless you have a fascination with missing people cases the average person hears this on the news, says to their spouse, "oh my gosh. That poor sweetheart. I hope they figure it out." And then moves onto the next thing until the story comes back on the news again. And most of us here are following many cases at any given time so when there is no news.... There's nothing left to really say. I check on baby Leoana daily but unfortunately there is never anything new. This case is one of the very few that I saw on fb due to a "real life" friend posting it. So I do think it's gotten wide spread coverage. Again, that said, many of those people hit share and then move on to the next thing. I don't think her hair color has anything to do with it in this case. I do, however, think baby Leoana got significantly less coverage because of her skin color and that breaks my heart.

sad :( maybe a suicide due to financial issues?

Maybe, but they don't really say it. With baby doe still Unsolved, they should let the public know one way or another the COD of this woman. It's been almost a week since they found her. Was it suicide or wasn't it? Why no shirt? I know that due to her age, she's likely not the mom, but still there is a POSSIBILITY that their deaths are somehow related. Just a possibility that should be ruled in or out.

Yet the media does not represent the diversity of the United States. Minorities are not represented in mass media anywhere near the % they represent in the census. it doesn't matter how diverse Boston is. New York City is more diverse, yet shows set there do not show it. Boston's diversity has nothing to do with national media interest. Are you suggesting that the national media would be interested in an illegal immigrant or a child of an illegal immigrants who died accidentally, that that's going to be a case they go crazy over?

No, I'm suggesting that since she's from Boston, it doesn't really matter whether national media is paying any attention. They can't do much to help, and people here are determined to find her and doing everything that can be done, as far as I can tell.

I agree. I think the public at large sees it on the news and then ignores it or just forgets.. They are not like us who are constantly hoping to spot something that will make a difference in cases.

joypath, what would be some examples of a cause of death that could be undetermined such as "Our Girl"?

This question is as the Brits might say "a sticky wicket"! Giving causes of death that MIGHT be applicable in this case are relatively few without her history; medical, societal & environmental but here goes! 1. natural death due to "cardiac malfunction".. arrhythmias (tachycardia, bradycardia, fibrillation (atrial or ventricular), PVC (premature ventricular contraction). Depending on the duration of the event, there might NOT be a significant damage to the muscle or she just might have had previous undiagnosed cardiac defect(s). 2. rapid onset anaphylactic event (yes, a first time exposure to an allergen CAN result in death). 3. possible reaction to a "regular" medication/OTC (like a hypersensitivity to diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Yes, the GC/MS would detect a peak for the diphenhydramine BUT a concentration level would be compromised so making the COD as "poisoning" would be difficult.

These are just a few quick possibilities and each MIGHT show "something questionable" during the post but NOT "hang your hat on it" as a diagnostic cause of death.

IMHO

Yes. People in the area are talking about her and wondering about her and asking their neighbors. I think she will be identified soon.

p.s. Very few people seem to think immigration status has anything to do with it. And this part of New England is so racially and ethnically mixed that I doubt that is playing any role, either.

There is a Boston area volunteer group called "Justice For Baby Doe" in the MA area that keeps OUR GIRL'S story alive. They are constantly putting up new flyers, distributing flyers, going door-to-door, park-to-park in Boston, Chelsea, Winthrop, Everett, Revere, and surrounding areas. They are maintaining their own foot beat. They are speaking with church leaders, school teachers, daycare providers, anyone they think might have known Baby Doe. People that work with children. OUR GIRL is haunting the people in MA.
attachment.php
We all want to find out who she was. Our day-to-day lives go on and many of us are quite busy in our lives but we do think about her. I think of her every day. My neighbors do too. It's puzzling still. We just have no fresh ideas about her. Here is a photo of her billboard that was put up by LE and MassDOT.

Attachments

• 150720-do-you-know-me-jsw-334p_70110f43dabf8ae1775c31f97b882072.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
    150720-do-you-know-me-jsw-334p_70110f43dabf8ae1775c31f97b882072.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 356
This question is as the Brits might say "a sticky wicket"! Giving causes of death that MIGHT be applicable in this case are relatively few without her history; medical, societal & environmental but here goes! 1. natural death due to "cardiac malfunction".. arrhythmias (tachycardia, bradycardia, fibrillation (atrial or ventricular), PVC (premature ventricular contraction). Depending on the duration of the event, there might NOT be a significant damage to the muscle or she just might have had previous undiagnosed cardiac defect(s). 2. rapid onset anaphylactic event (yes, a first time exposure to an allergen CAN result in death). 3. possible reaction to a "regular" medication/OTC (like a hypersensitivity to diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Yes, the GC/MS would detect a peak for the diphenhydramine BUT a concentration level would be compromised so making the COD as "poisoning" would be difficult.

These are just a few quick possibilities and each MIGHT show "something questionable" during the post but NOT "hang your hat on it" as a diagnostic cause of death.

IMHO
I SO enjoy your posts joypath. I learn a lot! I find everything you say fascinating. Thanks for sticking with us! :tyou::goodpost:

No, I'm suggesting that since she's from Boston, it doesn't really matter whether national media is paying any attention. They can't do much to help, and people here are determined to find her and doing everything that can be done, as far as I can tell.

I wanted to add also that I didn't mean to imply that Boston and environs don't have racial or ethnic issues. We do. We have gang violence and hate crimes and all the rest. I just don't think it's affecting the search to identify this girl. Finding her is something everybody seems to be pulling together on.

That's spectacular.

Also, I want to note that majority of public schools in MA start back on August 31st & Sept. 1st. That is this coming Monday & Tuesday--with private schools not too far behind (give or take a couple of days) I am hanging on to hopes she is on a roster somewhere and it clicks with someone that a child is missing....sometimes people don't pay attention to a story until it sorta applies to them. I dont know. It's something. It's hope. :angel:
Info per: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/07/when_does_school_startin_weste.html

Some districts (Framingham, for one) started last week.

It sounds like they're doing more checking than usual for kids who should have returned and didn't.

It sounds like they're doing more checking than usual for kids who should have returned and didn't.
You're so right. They have different start times (I was reading) due to however many snow days their particular school district took. I don't have a child, so I had to read up on this. Here's to hoping our girl is on someone's list! She was right at that age of being ready to start school. If her caregivers believed in established schooling....

Well, no, start dates are usually fixed. In my town, for instance, it always starts on the Tuesday before Labor Day. It's the ending date in the spring that changes according to how many snow days were taken.

I have read that some school districts are starting a couple of days earlier than usual this year to allow more leeway if we once again have to take a ridiculous number of snow days.

Well, no, start dates are usually fixed. In my town, for instance, it always starts on the Tuesday before Labor Day. It's the ending date in the spring that changes according to how many snow days were taken.

I have read that some school districts are starting a couple of days earlier than usual this year to allow more leeway if we once again have to take a ridiculous number of snow days.

I was just going by what the information said on Mass Live. So give or take a couple of days, it's safe to say, school is back! LOL.

"Fluctuations in the start day are affected by how many snow days local districts add to the 180-day public school calendar." - Mass Live
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/07/when_does_school_startin_weste.html

I see where the confusion is. Yes, each school district's calendar builds in potential snow days that will allow 180 days of instruction even if school has to be closed for several storms. So we were saying the same thing. :D

I see where the confusion is. Yes, each school district's calendar builds in potential snow days that will allow 180 days of instruction even if school has to be closed for several storms. So we were saying the same thing. :D
Yes Lol. :yeahthat:

Are they? That's great, maybe that will turn up something.. high hopes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty