Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chester County Sheriff Blair Weaver said he still has faith that Noah Chamberlin will be found.

“We’re very optimistic that he’s in the search area,” Weaver said.

[...]

Weaver asked Mapes to urge caution with regard to social media, Mapes said. People should not trust Facebook rumors, but should trust law enforcement, he said.

“Don’t go crazy on all these speculative wild claims,” Mapes said. “That just fuels uncertainty. We may be slow coming out with it, but what we come out with is the truth.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/18/search-noah-continues-monday/78957858/

Not sure you're missing a thing, really. For years and years we hiked the trails at Algonquin Provincial Park every fall. While I was pregnant (many times), while the babies were in strollers (some trails were not stroller friendly, some were) and when they were as young as Noah - up until they were teens. As adults WE were familiar with every single trail and took every precaution with the kids and taught them what to watch out for as well. If what we've been told is the truth (and I have no reason to believe it's not) then this little boy going missing while grandma had her head turned for a moment talking to his sister is just a tragic turn of events - not her "fault" at all. From what we know, they were on a trail - and likely the rule is - you STAY on the trail at all times.

My heart aches for this entire family. I cannot begin to imagine what they're going through emotionally.

Same here. We hiked around the Columbia River Gorge while I was pregnant, then after my daughter was born I was excited to take her "back."

Noah missing has opened my eyes up. My children and I camp often and my kids go and explore, 11, 10 and 3. I keep them in eyes sight but I can see if taking one moment of me looking away and my 11 and 10 year old to be busy and my 3 year old wonder off. He's 3 so I'm not really sure what he would do, would he stop and scream or would continue to walk and go into the wrong directions. I can tell you I will be extremely careful in the future and be with all of my children when they explore from now on.

absolutely! I really don't think he is purposely missing, I'm just wondering if the turn of a head was actually minutes instead of seconds -- which would make the search area entirely bigger!

I tend to think she turned her head longer than a few seconds. I'm not knocking her for taking the children outside. Lets not "try her" because she took kids outdoors. :) That's her prerogative to do so. It's not the outdoor scenario that bothers me, its the last time she had an eye on him. When she noticed him missing and how long he had been wandering is super important. Toddlers are quick but he's not Speedy Gonzales. Let's be real here. He was there and then he wasnt. He's got to be in something or under something...for him not to make a sound suggest it happened quick. Total opinion but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. They'll find him if he's there. I pray they do. JMO.

Whilst it is incredibly sad that Noah (& DeOrr & others) are missing after expeditions in the wilderness it would be an absolutely crying shame if no-one took their children out to enjoy, learn about, respect and come to love nature. We wrap our kids up in too much cotton wool as it is (IMO) - to restrict adult-accompanied access to the world outside their doorsteps would, to me, be criminal.

I'm sorry these kids are missing (and the other children & adults) but it's up to the responsible adults to consider safer ways to enjoy the world - not restrict access to it.

Come home soon Noah!

Since the beginning I have just had this super strong feeling of the resemblance to the Raiin Peterson case. I so VERY VERY hope they aren't focused in only one direction.
After viewing the maps several times, its clear he could easily NOT be where they have focused so much attention.

From the reporters' Q & A:

All answers only what's confirmed by LE.
LE has spoken to all family members.
No Amber Alert - don't believe he's been abducted.
No info on deer cams, just that there's no evidence. Heard Noah wasn't on camera but LE hasn't confirmed.
No info about family burning trash - haven't heard anything.
TBI is assisting hasn't been requested to take lead yet.
Nothing heard about concrete in the yard.
Grandma is maternal grandmother.
No deadline yet for going to recovery.
Caves in the area, creeks - have been searched.
Don't know how long between Noah missing and 911 call.
Not a criminal case at this point.
Noah is about 2 1/2
Sheriff has no relation to Noah.
Psychics - LE followed up but no belief in psychics.
They had a strike team search creeks.
House was searched.
No info/confirmation on divorce, custody issues.
Believe LE has been to mom's home but not confirmed.
Tn Wildlife has been involved.
Have brought in all kinds of search dogs.
Muddy in search area.
No neighbor dogs reported missing.
Noah was wearing shoes - confirmed.
Went missing about 160 yards behind home (480 feet).
No confirmation on any footprints found.
Don't know if Noah was in diapers - assume he was.
Does sheriff know how long Noah could survive - sheriff has "faith."
No confirmation on lie detectors, just that LE have interviewed family.
All tips have been followed - confirmed.
Sister has been interviewed. Don't know what she said.
Helicopters equipped with FLIR.

Here's the link for replay:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj

Same here. We hiked around the Columbia River Gorge while I was pregnant, then after my daughter was born I was excited to take her "back."

Yep, there too as well as the trail up the Gingko petrified forest in Vantage. Only thing to really worry about there were rattlers and sharp rocks. Neither was an issue. Back a page or two is a pic of the property and one of the trails at grandma's house. It looks WELL traveled to be sure. Gorgeous property that is probably hiked on a regular basis. I just wish they'd find this baby and by some miracle he's fine. I know at this point the chances are really low, but it's still possible.

I tend to think she turned her head longer than a few seconds. I'm not knocking her for taking the children outside. Lets not "try her" because she took kids outdoors. :) That's her prerogative to do so. It's not the outdoor scenario that bothers me, its the last time she had an eye on him. When she noticed him missing and how long he had been wandering is super important. Toddlers are quick but he's not Speedy Gonzales. Let's be real here. He was there and then he wasnt. He's got to be in something or under something...for him not to make a sound suggest it happened quick. Total opinion but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. They'll find him if he's there. I pray they do. JMO.

I don't think it was seconds either - probably a lot longer paying attention to sister than she realized - and possibly just assumed Noah was still right there. Then she likely figured he couldn't have gone THAT far since a few minutes ago he was right there. It's truly every parent's (and grandparent's) worst nightmare. Praying for grandma too - she has to be a complete wreck at this point :(

This may be a dumb thought. What if every searcher brought a rake or similar object.They could drag the rake beside them, swish it side to side as they walk, or use the handle as a stick poking it around them for soft spots in the ground.

If Noah is in the woods, it seems evident he is not out in the open in plain sight.

Another question, does Noah talk? At his age, he could be a big talker with an older sister. On the other hand, sister may have talked for him, so he is behind in speech development. This would have been applicable in the first couple of days.

I don't think it was seconds either - probably a lot longer paying attention to sister than she realized - and possibly just assumed Noah was still right there. Then she likely figured he couldn't have gone THAT far since a few minutes ago he was right there. It's truly every parent's (and grandparent's) worst nightmare. Praying for grandma too - she has to be a complete wreck at this point :(

The only place I've heard seconds referred to is on WS. I don't think LE is stating it was seconds. IMO

Absolutely lovely, and it looks to be a perfectly safe place to take little ones for a walk. That path is quite wide and appears to have some good visibility into the immediate wooded area....

View attachment 87587
This is an actual property photo from public records of the grandparents' property. They have just shy of 50 acres. It looks like a great place for kids to run and play and imagine. The road is wide and at this time of year all deciduous leaves are on the ground opening up visibility. A local poster informed us that the day Noah went missing was a beautiful, sunny day. It was around or just after lunch, so the perfect time for energetic legs to burn off some energy.

Katherine Burgess ‏@KathsBurgess 3m3 minutes ago
People are already here--and all bundled up--just in case volunteers are needed. #FindNoah

What an amazing community!

I wonder how many dirty dishes were in the sink after lunch?

:goodpost:

I immediately questioned their statement that all water areas were cleared. With all of the rain, mud and ice I don't understand their confidence. A tiny little guy like Noah could be trapped under a branch or tree root and be nearly invisible. Without dragging, draining or dredging the ponds it doesn't seem feasible to be certain. Water is a primary attraction for little ones and if he fell in the icy water would incapacitate him quickly.

It has not been cold long enough yet for too much ice in Tennessee, but we are full of water.

Again IF the story is true, what is wrong with her taking the kids "deep into the woods?" Maybe I've been a horrible mom and I'm just finding out? I've taken my kids on lots of nature walks deep in the woods. Maybe it was a nice day (for winter), kids had been cooped up, take them out to burn some energy. What am I missing (assuming it's true)?

Do you hike in areas where there are known sink holes?

Noah missing has opened my eyes up. My children and I camp often and my kids go and explore, 11, 10 and 3. I keep them in eyes sight but I can see if taking one moment of me looking away and my 11 and 10 year old to be busy and my 3 year old wonder off. He's 3 so I'm not really sure what he would do, would he stop and scream or would continue to walk and go into the wrong directions. I can tell you I will be extremely careful in the future and be with all of my children when they explore from now on.

I recommend bright clothing. And give them a whistle to wear and blow if they get lost.

Absolutely lovely, and it looks to be a perfectly safe place to take little ones for a walk. That path is quite wide and appears to have some good visibility into the immediate wooded area....

Safe...if one stays on the trail and doesn't take their eyes off of the child.

I think hiking with two small children is a great time to use one of these.... http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Buddy-To...8&qid=1453147004&sr=8-2&keywords=child+tether

We aren't outdoorsy people and we live in the suburbs. But we've used that as a back up (hand holding being the primary here) when walking near a road. Toddlers can dart away quickly. Not worth the risk to me. If I had TWO kids it would be really hard to keep my eyes on both of them so again...a teether would be super helpful.

Of course, none of his helps in Noah's case. But maybe more people will take precautions even if they seem silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member