Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officials said with wintry weather forecasted they would not be using volunteers this evening to search for the boy.

Law enforcement said they would continue the search as long as the weather would allow them to.

One of the biggest issues they have had to face, law enforcement said, were the many rumors and speculation being shared on social media.

They asked the public to refrain from starting or sharing rumors, as it makes it difficult for law enforcement to do their job.

http://wreg.com/2016/01/19/search-e...erlin-scaled-back-as-wintry-weather-moves-in/

Nancy should research better.
Pinson is not in the mountains.
jmo

I heard that and about cracked up...true I have been by Pinson many times just not actually through it...but I am fairly certain it is not in the mountains,lol.

I should have been clearer - we were questioning why so little info was being put out about Jerold's disappearance. LE was protecting the group and not trying to muddy anything about the circumstances of his becoming lost.

Having said that, it turns out that the FLDS group in question is connected to marriages to underaged girls so in my opinion (only) I consider that behavior to be hinky. I don't give a rat's patooty about polygamy except when innocents are involved.

"Group" and "Connected to" are just TOO broad, IMO, to consider them to have any bearing on the parents of a little boy lost in the forest. IMO

Hey guys. First time posting about this case but I've been reading some of the comments. Not sure if this was pointed out already, but there are A LOT of creeks around the area he supposedly went missing at. Based on the location of the school that people are meeting up at to get a search going, I am guessing the house is off of the upper portion of Short Rd. Take a look. I would imagine the smell of him would vanish if he had gotten wet. My two cents. View attachment 87678
Welcome to WS, Whitefox! Thanks for the map. The address I saw initially in the news was 1800 block of Short Road.

You would have to ask one of our resident experts about the scent washing or fading while wet, but I don't think I have ever heard that before. I know dogs can track cadavers underwater, but that could have to do with the bodily gasses opening on top of the water. Still, I would think a dog would be able to catch the scent if the subject is just wet.

Nancy should research better.
Pinson is not in the mountains.
jmo

LOL, from a local reporter:

Katherine Burgess ‏@KathsBurgess 37m37 minutes ago
According to @NancyGraceHLN I live in the mountains. Wish I could see them.

Katherine Burgess ‏@KathsBurgess 23m23 minutes ago
No Tennessee mountains. Those are on the other end of the state. @NancyGraceHLN

Can anyone tell me where the information for this map came from? It was posted originally in first thread, post #471. It's supposed to be showing the house location and location where Noah went missing.

mellie89
user-online.png

Join DateAug 2014Posts76

e91845e548000d647162c753d911f543.jpg

This is said to be the area where they were when he went missing. Apparently they have searched every single area in this picture, I assume they would be searching all directions

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk​

Why aren't we told what time they went into the woods, length of time on nature hike, and what Grandmother did immediately upon noticing Noah gone? This is all important information.

Where was mother and father while children were visiting grandmother? When did they arrive?

The parents have not been officially identified in the news unless I missed it. A bit strange!
II
Has the grandmother been officially identified?

It is these type of issues that take me to deeper issues. It appears that anything to do with the family is totally skipped in articles. Nothing personal has leaked or been given out. Oh, it may make a mention regarding the parents are amongst the search parties etc., but very little. Makes you ask yourself why?

We know nothing about this family. In fact, we know little of the missing child. Was he a climber, a runner, a talker, potty trained, liked to build with Legos or the magnetic toys? I haven't seen one description of little Noah.

And some people wonder how we could ever question the fact that Noah is not in these woods? This case is unlike others we follow. They each have their own peculiarities, however, they still follow similiar footsteps. This one has too many open-ended questions that the sheriff flatly refuses to acknowledge. There is a reason why that will come out! Where are those reporters that want a headline?

My opinions only.

What headline? Create one? Because the public who participates on SM isn't getting the stuff they want, they choose to question whether or not little Noah was ever lost in the woods in the first place! I just don't understand that way of thinking nor the thinking that they are entitled to know more than they are being told. JMO of course.

So frustrating is a case with no news. We are all so keen to hear something, anything. It brings out the psychics, the dog advocates, the mountain lion truthers, the LE critics,... and perhaps worse than anything it brings out the worst in all of us. We chew apart the family, spat over conspiracy theories, knock each other's suggestions down. Often it is done with tact and an open mind. Sometimes not.

I am still of the mind that:
Occam's razor = Poor Noah is still in that woods somewhere.

I don't discount the mountain lion theory, it's possible.
I don't discount the abduction theory, also possible.
As is, of course, something more sinister like family involvement.

For me, there's not been enough evidence of anything to tear me away from the facts ma'am.
No kindling on the fire of family connection (gossip, blame, history).
No blood splatter of an attack by bear/lion.

If he travelled a mile, that's over 9,000,000 square yards to check. He's a little guy. Perhaps in recently laundered clothes, perhaps in newish shoes, perhaps he travelled a while before touching a tree, a plant anything. I think dogs are awesome. I also think it's a big ask for a scent to be detected after rain, and after all and sundry have passed through the area.

My heart breaks for those who love that little boy lost.

Have you guys seen this interview. It's pretty good.
“We gave the dogs underwear, shoes, and teddy bears,” Tom Mapes, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said. “Sniffed them out, sic ‘em out. And what do we get? Nothing.”

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-2-year-old-noah-chamberlin/27807413

Also from this link:

“"We have interviewed the entire family multiple times,” Weaver said. “We verified their statements. We can find no reason to discredit them.”"

LOL, from a local reporter:

Katherine Burgess ‏@KathsBurgess 37m37 minutes ago
According to @NancyGraceHLN I live in the mountains. Wish I could see them.

Katherine Burgess ‏@KathsBurgess 23m23 minutes ago
No Tennessee mountains. Those are on the other end of the state. @NancyGraceHLN

I love it!!! I about spit out my coffee when Nancy Grace said that,lol.

It's possible I've passed over this, but where is the focus on the trail cameras coming from? How do we know there are even trail cameras out there?

Maybe there are no cameras, and the sheriff doesn't want people knowing that - just in case this does turn into a criminal investigation, and they can use it to make the perp sweat about thinking (s)he might be caught on camera. Just a random thought.

If the area is so densely wooded, it doesn't seem like a good hunting spot (only talking about deer hunting though. Idk about anything else). I've never hunted, but I've seen lots of people doing it and prepping for it and they'd always have their cameras aimed at a bit of an open spot, where they'd put corn out for the deer.

At the beginning of the thread is y feeble attempt at transcribing what was an 11+ Q&A session that was done on #periscope (an app that runs off @twitter) by @marandafaris of the @JSunNews

I managed to make my way through about half of it (with the SM commentary flying by at times at lightning speed) with her and another reporter's responses. I can attest to the fact that the trail cam issue was addressed here by them (as well as by reporters in previous interviews with CCSO Chief Weaver) in previous #periscope pressers. It should be on page 1 of this thread (I believe I Mama's it to Part 3?) along with a link to MsM's synopsis.

To say that LE and MSM have not been forthcoming about the trail cams is an understatement. AFAIK Little Noah has not been confirmed as spotted on any trail cams.

HTH.

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have only been able to drop in once in awhile but have the grandparents or parents voluntarily agreed (without a warrant) to search their homes? If not, I'm wondering why not.

We have been told that both the grandmother's home and Noah's home have been searched. I don't have a link to verify but I will post if I can find one.

Have only been able to drop in once in awhile but have the grandparents or parents voluntarily agreed (without a warrant) to search their homes? If not, I'm wondering why not.

Yes - grandma's house was searched (probably by consent) according to two reporters who hosted a Q & A yesterday. The link is gone now but member kimi_SFC transcribed it for us. The reporters couldn't confirm if LE searched the parents' home.

@MarandaFaris
Q&A on #Find Noah

Part 3 (continues):

-Is there a deadline for them to stop searching?
-what's going on?

*OR: we asked sheriff weaver if there was a deadline to switch over from being search and rescue and he basically said they don't have an answer right now and they're gonna continue searching.
*M: this is just a Q&A session on a missing child . he was reported missing about 130p Thursday from a small community just over the CC line

*OR: yes we both work for the Jacksonville Sun
*M :Yes we are an actual media source. There are caves in the area. (flips the camera / now talking at the same time :pullhair: ) What were we answering? Oh, there are caves in the area, creeks, sink holes.
OR: There are caves in the area, they said they have searched them. Also sink holes

-he gives good updates
-dredged the creek
-anyone know when the last time Noah was seen
-age?

*OR: but it is still a search and rescue
*M: We don't know how long it was before grandma reported him missing. They haven't turned this into a criminal investigation yet. They we don't know why for sure. My assumptions on that are my own. As far as a criminal case, we don't know yet, but they're not calling it that
*OR: Noah's about two and a half

-well someone took (ETA: ) him and whoever it is I hope they go to he!! (username redacted)
-is the sheriff related to the victim?
-do you feel sheriff weaver is alienating volunteers with his demeanor?
-what is your take
-have they checked the places the psychic leads?
-how cold is it?
-social media chatter seems he may be
-divers in creek?
-do you think he may have been taken
-have you personally spoken with family? did you get any vibes?
-have they searched on the opposite side of the road?
-do they presume him alive still?
-how far down stream are they checking the creeks?
-who's Noah?
-do they think they will find him alive?
- they have searched the house?
-everyone is a critic. we all need to trust the professionals. they are trying everything!

*M: Is that (username Redacted): I can't, I can't answer that. As far as we know the Sheriff has no relation to the victim
*OR: we asked about the psychic leads and they said they've searched into everything that's come to them, although they don't believe in psychics
*M: they have put, they haven't put divers into the creek but they took a strike team in, and right now it's about 34 the last time I checked the weather? and it's getting freezing at night.
*OR: and no the family hasn't spoken to media that we're aware of
*M: I don't know for sure if they have searched the opposite side of the road of not. They believe he is still alive. They are calling this a search and rescue operation right now. I believe they've checked the entire streams and creeks
*OR: For those just coming in, Noah is a little 2 and a half year old boy who went missing on Thursday afternoon. They believe he's missing in the woods behind his grandmother's house
*M: He was last reported about 160 yards is the last I think is the last number I heard.
*OR: And yes that have searched the house
*M: Anything else guys?

End Part 3 at 5:31
(total video length 11:34)

@MarandaFaris on #Periscope
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj
Parts 1+2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298765-TN-Noah-Israel-Chamberlin-2-Pinson-14-Jan-2016-2&p=12298152#post12298152

Link to MsM's synopsis:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12297710https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj

:bump:

I just can't understand dogs not finding any trail or scent. I know about all of the variables but these dogs are generally amazing.

Part 4: 5:32 -

Q&A with @KathsBurgess and @MarandaFaris on #FindNoah.
@JSunNews

-Are the mother and father going through a divorce?
-Are you feeling they'll humble up soon and turn it over to more experienced professionals?
-Have they seen any stray dogs in the woods?

-You sure there isn't any foul play?
-Any stray dogs in the area?
-Parks?

*M: We don't have any confirmation on divorces or custody issues. LE won't comment on that so far.

-Has the mother's house been searched?
-Pinson Mounds?
-Why haven't the parents spoken to the media?
-is that the son's real father?
-any stray dogs in the area?
-is anyone else MIA?

*M: Thank you (in response to a viewer comment). I believe they have been to the mother's home yet, but I don't have that confirmed.
*K: Mmm hmm.
*M: I don't know if the father is actually the son's biological father. I don't have that confirmed either, but I believe so.
*K: And they said that they're not expecting there to be any wild animals. Not sure about stray dogs.
*M: TN Wildlife Resources Agency has been involved in the search. They confirmed that today
*K: And Sheriff Mayer (?sic?), the Madison Co. Sheriff, said with so many volunteers coming through the area, there probably aren't any stray animals running around
*M: I will not bang my head on hers (in response to troll that reporters bump heads and laughing :sigh: )

-do you know the boy?
-are they bringing is more search dogs to help?
-any hunters?
-so are they any coyotes or anything in the area

*K: they have brought in search dogs. They've brought in basically every dog you can have to search the area

-so they confirmed nothing...basically
-did grandma say how long she lost sight and how long before she called the sheriff?

*M: They still haven't determined how long it was between when grandma lost sight of Noah and when she called Dispatch. I don't know him personally.

End Part 4 at 6:55
(total video length 11:34)

@MarandaFaris on #Periscope (with @KathsBurgess)
http://www.periscope.tv/w/1yNGaDoklbqKj
Parts 1+2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298765-TN-Noah-Israel-Chamberlin-2-Pinson-14-Jan-2016-2&p=12298152#post12298152
Post 3:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?298765-TN-Noah-Israel-Chamberlin-2-Pinson-14-Jan-2016-2&p=12298294#post12298294
Link to MsM's synopsis:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12297710

Wait there's one more!
:bump:

...snipped...it brings out the worst in all of us. We spat over conspiracy theories, knock each other's suggestions down. Often it is done with tact and an open mind. Sometimes not.

....and may I add knock each other's questions. If this was a prayer and support page for the family I can understand the constant scrutiny of inquisitive posts. I have the same questions as "1&2&3" and I don't see anything wrong with listing them for all to ponder (or not) on a web-sleuthing site.

I wonder if there is a grandfather and if he was home when Noah went missing. I am not implying anything, just realizing I haven't read anything about the grandmother's husband. I did see something on social media about a grandfather being involved in the searches but it didn't clarify if it was the maternal or paternal grandfather and it wasn't a news report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck