Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
aijones said:
have you seen the pictures of darlee????she had very bad injuries and bruises not to mention a slashed throat?i would hardly call that no injuries.

She had non-life threatening injuries and would have been release from the hospital after only hours had it not been for the doctor being concerned about the death of the boys and the media attention. At that time they still believed that there was a possibility that she was a victim.

Did Darlie ever state she was "beaten up"? I don't recall that ever being mentioned. Did she have an explanation for the bruises, other than the "intruder" sat on her?

From reading posts and news on this story for and against....DARLIE DID IT!
This is why I believe so:
1. What woman who sees her kids being murdered doesn't raise enough hell in the fight with the "intruder" to wake neighbors up two houses down. So how did her hubby sleep through it?

2. There would have been one heck of a bloody crime scene throught the whole house with the perps blood all over with mine. Plenty of his DNA would be found from blood, me biting, scratching, pullin hair, whatever I needed to do.

3. I would have MAJOR injuries from the fight. I would fight to keep him at the scene and chase him all over the neighborhood if he escaped.

4. What perp goes into a home and kill kids first? Usually they are the hostage/incentive to make the parents comply.

5.What perp goes into a home they have not already checked out and watched? Far as I know, they prefer unoccupied homes.

If the "invader" did #4 and #5, he'd be caught or dead by now. Nobody's that stupid. Darren could have rushed down with a gun. What burglar wants to get killed for a few trinkets. Darlie is an evil lyin' beyotch!
JMO

aijones said:
have you seen the pictures of darlee????she had very bad injuries and bruises not to mention a slashed throat?i would hardly call that no injuries.

A1jones, go read the trial transcripts. There you will find testimony that proves the photos of the bruises were shown to the jury. Learn something about this case before you chastise the posters. There you will learn from the medical staff, the doctors who operated on Darlie, just how serious her slashed throat was.

SadieMae said:
From reading posts and news on this story for and against....DARLIE DID IT!
This is why I believe so:
1. What woman who sees her kids being murdered doesn't raise enough hell in the fight with the "intruder" to wake neighbors up two houses down. So how did her hubby sleep through it?

2. There would have been one heck of a bloody crime scene throught the whole house with the perps blood all over with mine. Plenty of his DNA would be found from blood, me biting, scratching, pullin hair, whatever I needed to do.

3. I would have MAJOR injuries from the fight. I would fight to keep him at the scene and chase him all over the neighborhood if he escaped.

4. What perp goes into a home and kill kids first? Usually they are the hostage/incentive to make the parents comply.

5.What perp goes into a home they have not already checked out and watched? Far as I know, they prefer unoccupied homes.

If the "invader" did #4 and #5, he'd be caught or dead by now. Nobody's that stupid. Darren could have rushed down with a gun. What burglar wants to get killed for a few trinkets. Darlie is an evil lyin' beyotch!
JMO
Excellent points made, if I didnt already believe she was guilty I would have after reading your post!!!!

JerseyGirl said:
I have been quite vocal about my doubts regarding Darlie's guilt however there is at least one big sticking point for me.

In the heart of the 911 call, Darlie sounds so genuine especially when telling her son to hold on. But at the beginning of the call, rather than just blurting out her address, she rambles about the intruder, and how she was fighting, and how he ran out. Do you think this is just the ramblings of a hysterical woman or do you think she was already trying to set up her alibi?

From the call, I just don't get the sense that she did this. If she did this, is it possible that she did it and doesn't even realize that she did? If you believe she did this, do you think it was premeditated? I personally feel that she might not have done this but that if she did, she snapped, and doesn't remember. At the very least, I don't at all believe that this was something that she premeditated.

Her injuries, although not life-threatening, are pretty impressive. Where would she have gotten the huge bruises on her arms? I just watched a clip last night with one of the jurors. For the first time I heard that Devon had a wound on his butt. The juror believed that the wound was because Devon was lying on his back and kicking at his attacker. She, (the juror), clearly stated that her belief was that Devon was the one who put all of the bruises and abrasions on his mother's arms. What do you all think about this theory? It does seem quite plausible to me with the possible exception that Devon was only 6 and wasn't wearing any shoes. Would he have had enough strength to cause that kind of bruising?
I do not think a six yr old did this to his mother.her bruises were terrible.they could not be self inflicted either.I think the hubby set this up for insurance money or something.either he did it or set it up.I think they should free darlee and find the real killer.

aijones said:
I do not think a six yr old did this to his mother.her bruises were terrible.they could not be self inflicted either.I think the hubby set this up for insurance money or something.either he did it or set it up.I think they should free darlee and find the real killer.
I'm sorry, AIJ. After going through a lot of the evidence (but not nearly all), I have changed my mind. I believe that Darlie is most likely guilty. I won't say 100% but pretty close in my mind.

I do now believe that a 6 year-old could and would indeed do this to his mother during a fight for his life.

aijones said:

Oh they certainly could be self-inflicted. If you want to make it look as if you were a victim and not involved you would do it. Just as Diane Downs, Charles Stuart and Jeffrey MacDonald did and probably a host of others.

Strange bruises don't you think? In a fight for her life and only one arm gets bruised from wrist to armpit...strange.

santos1014 said:
Did Darlie ever state she was "beaten up"? I don't recall that ever being mentioned. Did she have an explanation for the bruises, other than the "intruder" sat on her?

No she said she was frightening, not fighting.

cami said:
Oh they certainly could be self-inflicted. If you want to make it look as if you were a victim and not involved you would do it. Just as Diane Downs, Charles Stuart and Jeffrey MacDonald did and probably a host of others.
Especially when adrenalin is pumping; you probably wouldn't even feel the pain from it at that time.

JerseyGirl said:
Especially when adrenalin is pumping; you probably wouldn't even feel the pain from it at that time.
Probably not feel lot of it, but could also make "hesitation marks". That is what her neck wound looks like to me.

santos1014 said:
Probably not feel lot of it, but could also make "hesitation marks". That is what her neck wound looks like to me.
I agree. And you don't really know if you'll feel it until you do it. That would certainly be enough to cause hesitation.

Darlie should have stuck with "fighting the intruder" not I was "frightening" because that doesn't even make gramatical sense. She was kind of dumb on that one-

Kitty5001 said:
Darlie should have stuck with "fighting the intruder" not I was "frightening" because that doesn't even make gramatical sense. She was kind of dumb on that one-

LOl, yeah but she just expects everyone to believe her. What she actually said was "I was fighting him" but her accent makes it shound like "fightin im"

santos1014 said:

I agree too, and there appears to be a hestitation mark on her arm. That shoulder injury could have been from her flinching when she felt pain....

It's just those darn bruises that puzzle me. I have a thought or two about them, but usually talk myself out of them.

cami said:
No she said she was frightening, not fighting.
I think all of you are right. "Frightening" just doesn't make sense. Espcially after you've seen your kids attacked so savagely. "I was trying to kill him" would have make a heck of more convincing story.
The only way I could see myself "frightening" an intruder is if I had a gun pointed at him. :D JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288