OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how many times the killer(s) attend the funerals of those they have murdered, if it happens that it was someone close to the friend/family. Police will show and take pictures and collect intel most times.
Yeah I'm aware they do and would probably preferred plain clothes only, as they would rather blend in. They just said something at the last presser about providing as much security as needed, so there would be an open presence, which could work either way..

Force the killers to stay away because more chance they are noticed.

Or..

Force killers to go that might not want to because it would be too noticeable to cops if they didn't go.

Seems a lot of unkind speculation going on here about police, non working victims, govt assistance, half the town cooked on drugs. I have not read every MSM article to date but I have not read any that allude to the above. All my opinion of course. I feel bad for the town and the families. It's a sad sad thing that happened.

I agree. Very unfortunate. And for whatever reason, people are assuming these 8 people are a fair representation of what everyone who lives here is like which is wrong.. I've lived here all my life and I'm not some backwoods hillbilly that can't hold a regular job because I'm too busy snorting pills up my nose and smoking weed. That's the picture that has been painted about this area. Very sad.

I agree. Very unfortunate. And for whatever reason, people are assuming these 8 people are a fair representation of what everyone who lives here is like which is wrong.. I've lived here all my life and I'm not some backwoods hillbilly that can't hold a regular job because I'm too busy snorting pills up my nose and smoking weed. That's the picture that has been painted about this area. Very sad.

There's nothing wrong with a backwoods hillbilly, either. I suspect I wouldn't have wanted to get in an argument in a bar with one of the victims, but I also suspect if my car broke down in front of their house they would have helped me fix it and probably fed me dinner.

So he was shot 3 times in the head, was found in bed laying very close to Gary. Yet according to what has been said is that the room that was entered was covered in blood and BJ said it looked like someone beat the chit out of them.

Maybe Chris had the 9 gunshot wounds......to extremities and head. That could look like they had been beaten up. JMO

The first one they are reporting she went in, the one the 911 call was about. She had said one or both looked beaten.

Technically may not have been the only or first, but for the purposes of the discussion.. The first one she went in.

Since these two were out of bed, they may be the (only?) ones who put up some resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if they were shot multiple times (by multiple assailants?) because of it. The ones who were in bed were probably quickly dispatched with a couple of shots. The time of the murders no doubt was designed to catch everyone by surprise with no chance to defend themselves. It also happened when there would be little chance of someone being out on the roads. That the 911 caller thought the first two were beaten probably means that their faces were bloodied (to a pulp?). She obviously didn't know they had been shot. But a shot(s) to the face could easily do enough damage to make a person think, if she didn't do a close examination, that they were beaten up. My guess is that the killers wanted to do their deeds as quickly and cleanly as possible. In this one scene, at least, it probably wasn't quite as quick and clean as they intended.

That case is completely different, and fell well within the bounds of a case the FBI should become the lead investigatory agency. This case, as far as the limited details we have, is not even close. My criticism wasn't so much for the FBI bits, as it was for not bothering to find out who is actually investigating the case. If it wasn't like the 18th time it happened, I would have just moved on. The Ohio BCI is a pretty professional organization and it seems like the people who come in with FBI guns blazing have no understanding of that.

I do think the investigative authority is fairly rigid, though. Could the FBI open an investigation into this case against the will of the BCI and "take the case over"? Sure. They don't do that, because that's not how they work. The FBI relies on cooperation among agencies, and you don't get cooperation when you do things like that.

Point taken, though. I need to be held in check sometimes, and I actually do appreciate you doing it My wife wouldn't buy you a beer if she read this, but she'd pour you a glass of wine.
To be fair also, I just happened to read later or hear at the second presser, don't remember now.. That the BCI was in charge of the investigation. That could easily be missed and it appear as the locals are because the Sheriff is doing the presser. It really hasn't been pushed out there much that BCI was in charge so I can understand how people could miss that.

There's nothing wrong with a backwoods hillbilly, either. I suspect I wouldn't have wanted to get in an argument in a bar with one of the victims, but I also suspect if my car broke down in front of their house they would have helped me fix it and probably fed me dinner.
They seem to be a lot like country rednecks but more suspicious of outsiders than country rednecks are.

Lots of police at Gary s funeral. Must be thinking perps are there and there might be trouble.
IMO, and I think the sheriff stated something to the affect, that they would have multiple police at and near ALL of the funerals for the remaining families protection and peace of mind.

ETA: SNIP> Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said that security would be tight at all the funerals — the others are planned for Saturday and Tuesday — and officers from Ohio and Kentucky were at the funeral home, both in the parking lot and inside.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/28/piketon-gary-rhoden-funeral.html

Since these two were out of bed, they may be the (only?) ones who put up some resistance. I wouldn't be surprised if they were shot multiple times (by multiple assailants?) because of it. The ones who were in bed were probably quickly dispatched with a couple of shots. The time of the murders no doubt was designed to catch everyone by surprise with no chance to defend themselves. It also happened when there would be little chance of someone being out on the roads. That the 911 caller thought the first two were beaten probably means that their faces were bloodied (to a pulp?). She obviously didn't know they had been shot. But a shot(s) to the face could easily do enough damage to make a person think, if she didn't do a close examination, that they were beaten up. My guess is that the killers wanted to do their deeds as quickly and cleanly as possible. In this one scene, at least, it probably wasn't quite as quick and clean as they intended.
We actually don't know if they were the only two out of bed. Gary is the only one we know how many gunshots he had.

We assume Kenneth had the one, but we don't know and assume Chris had the nine but we don't know.

Maybe Chris had the 9 gunshot wounds......to extremities and head. That could look like they had been beaten up. JMO
Well we know some had the soft tissue bruising or damage, just not who or how many. So some couldn't have fought back or could have been beaten.

We actually don't know if they were the only two out of bed. Gary is the only one we know how many gunshots he had.

We assume Kenneth had the one, but we don't know and assume Chris had the nine but we don't know.

And Bobby reported that they or at least one of them had been dragged to the back room so there must have been blood all over the front room,too. One may have tried to crawl to back room to get his weapon, but that is pure speculation on my part. JMO

According to the Ohio DMV, this dealership is licensed. It appears Dana was soliciting used cars for sale for them at times on FB.
Unconfirmed - saw a post on news site from someone saying they were CRSR niece and that he inherited a used car business a few years ago.
But there is a "distance" issue . 2 4 9 victims cant change how far resources have to come from

OK here is my theory. I call it the 5+3 theory.

It seemed that all 4 locations had security dogs roaming around, some of them vicious. Also, at some of the locations, if not all, there were no signs of forced entry. If one person or one
group of people killed all 8 people, they probably visited those 4 places on a regular basis. This makes the group of possible suspects very small. I would say, it basically would only
include family members. With the illegal pot growing operations, I would think that not many people would be invited to come over. So the people involved all are related to the victims (cousin's, married into the family). Let me call this the "extended Rhoden family". So my theory is that there is a feud within the extended Rhoden family. There may be 2 sides but it is not
exactly clear who is on which side. There are two accounts for funeral arrangements on some funding website. One account is for Dana and her children and grandchildren.
The other one is for the "original Rhoden's", Gary, Kenneth and Chris Sr. So perhaps the fault line runs between these two groups. Among the victims,
Dana, Chris Jr., Frankie, and the two Hanna's are on one side, and Gary Kenneth and Chris Sr. are on the other. The second group has ties to Kentucky.

There may have been a major disagreement about money between the two camps. It may have been related to the pot growing and other illegal activities. There may have
been violent confrontations and threats before the night of the murders. Manley does at one point mention that there was tension since the beginning of the year in some interview, IIRC.
This all exploded on the night of the murder. I speculate that Frankie and Chris Jr. were the targets of an initial planned attack. They have been confrontational in the past, also with family members.
The women may have been killed because they were witnesses. Later that night, some people in the Peebles clan found out about the murders and concluded that Chris Sr., Gary and Kenneth were involved and retaliated.

Of course this is just a theory. It is not clear exactly how the fault line lies (if there is any). It could also be a 6+2 theory or 7+1 theory. But the main thesis is that not all murders were committed by the same person/group. But that there was a number of homicides, causing a retaliation with more homicides.

Another here: http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/columbus

My Wunderground phone app has "first light" which is helpful.

<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We have heard of one person the police detained to talk to.

No one else being questioned that we have heard, no media reporting any LE activity in town.

We haven't basically heard of anything at all happening since Friday night.

That just sounds like more than keeping things close to the vest. It is hard to keep any activity quiet in a small area like that.

I can't decide if they have no ideas or there are so many leads to follow.

To be fair also, I just happened to read later or hear at the second presser, don't remember now.. That the BCI was in charge of the investigation. That could easily be missed and it appear as the locals are because the Sheriff is doing the presser. It really hasn't been pushed out there much that BCI was on charge so I can understand how people could miss that.

For those that are involved in this discussion but focusing on other areas, debating details of the case, I have no problem with it. Eventually they will get to it. For the people who have been popping in and throwing the FBI grenade it's just irritating.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...-8#q=who is leading pike county investigation

If you search for it you don't even have to click an article to read who's leading it, it's right there. It was announced in the first press conference with the AG and the sheriff, I believe the BCI agent who spoke at that press conference was even introduced as "leading the investigation".

While the FBI claims it doesn't take over cases, there are in fact cases where they have done exactly that. I.e. San Bernardino. Therefore, I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for saying that. I agree it's not useful to just complain rather than contribute valuable insight. I wasn't saying it was mean, rather not quite polite. I don't think the structure of investigative authority is as rigid as you are stating.

Their investigative authority is that rigid. The only reason they did the San Bernardino case was because it involved an act of terrorism. The FBI rarely does murder cases unless it violent crimes against children or it involves organized crime. In fact, if it were me, I wouldn't want the FBI in charge because they don't have a lot of experience in that area. They do have labs and logistics that can be utilized... and they are. Most FBI cases involve a lot of research and a lot of time in the office. The actual FBI is not like it shows in tv shows and movies. The FBI does a lot of white collar crimes. To see a complete list of what the FBI does, you can see it here: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/what_we_investigate

For those that are involved in this discussion but focusing on other areas, debating details of the case, I have no problem with it. Eventually they will get to it. For the people who have been popping in and throwing the FBI grenade it's just irritating.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...-8#q=who is leading pike county investigation

If you search for it you don't even have to click an article to read who's leading it, it's right there. It was announced in the first press conference with the AG and the sheriff, I believe the BCI agent who spoke at that press conference was even introduced as "leading the investigation".
How many pressers have there been? Three or four?

I remember they are leading it, I just don't remember where I saw it, at a presser or an article.

I can't help but to think that Chris sr was the main target. But I also think that the murders of CandG and F andH were maybe simultaneous, so, two shooters. The trailers were so close to each other that I'd think the shooters wouldn't want to risk having one or the other residences being alerted and armed or able to call 911. JUST MY OPINION

Yes! I live in an area that might be similar....the "backwoods hillybilly" thing. Fierce protectors of friends and family. First out the door to lend a helping hand. Maybe a bit rough around the edges but in the end decent folk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en