OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If CRsr heard gun shots next door I fairly sure first thing he'd do is arm himself. Hmmm, perhaps all that blood all over isn't all deceased Rhoden. I do think there are multiple people involved, how many, not a clue.
I think it has to be multiple people. Also two people could have met Frankie and Gary at the door as they were coming out.

It either had to happen simultaneously or someone be right there when Gary and Chris realized. If it started at Gary and Chris's, it should have alerted Frankie.

IMO and from my own very tiny corner of the world experience it's not derogatory - but I cannot speak for others.

I was raised by Hillbillies in hillbilly country, they were not into drugs but we were definately hillbilly's. I do not find it offensive, but I can't speak for others either. We were poor, on a farm and used language that most have not heard of..LOL From the south. Words that were just made up etc. I loved it though, miss those days.

Twitter
Franklin County Sheriff’s Office dive team just arrived in the area of the #rhodenfamily crime scene. springfieldnewssun.com/news/news/auto… #pikecounty

WHIO reporter Mike Campbell, who has been in Pike County most of the day, said the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office dive team arrived in the area of the crime scene. He’s working to get more details about what they will be searching for.

Smugshots
user-offline.png

Join DateFeb 2007LocationJohnstown, OhioPosts265​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by molly1255
According to the Ohio DMV, this dealership is licensed. It appears Dana was soliciting used cars for sale for them at times on FB.

Unconfirmed - saw a post on news site from someone saying they were CRSR niece and that he inherited a used car business a few years ago.

No - this can be confirmed by an online search with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles that the dealer associated with the phone number posted by DR is a licensed dealer - Scioto River Trading Co.

What hasn't been confirmed is whether DR was a licensed salesperson. May all be a moot point - not sure the sale of used vehicles had anything to do with the murders.

I actually figured out the connection between DR and the car place and it doesn't seem odd anymore. By googling the address provided to the Secretary of State, you can see who gets the mail. The person running the car place is also the person who runs Big Bear. I figure she was probably just getting some sort of commission for what ever she was able to make a sale on since they were friends.

Sorry to quote my own post... I did read in Don's interview that the vicious pit-bull belonged to Kenneth and would have been miles down the road. Still don't know where the other dogs were.

So.... Don didn't show at Kenneth's the night before (maybe Kenneth was supposed to call him and let him know when to meet up) and never did. And ... someone got past the vicious pit bull at Kenneth's house.... :thinking:

There was more than one dog. That dog may have belonged to Kenneth, but the implication was from Leonard, that there were several attack dogs on the Union Hill property. Kenneth was at Left Fork property. JMO

Why this and why now??? Interesting.
I said something about it back on the first thread.. I saw some older talk of it here and there and had friends near the area talk about it.

I speculated maybe that is why the new sheriff and then someone found that info about the old sheriff's brother I believe that did a lot and ended up killing someone.

The Scioto River is nearby but it's not where the crime scenes are located.
I know the crime scenes aren't located there. Does that river have a large metal bridge?

Laundering op?

I don't know ... it's quite possible. I'm as lost and confused as ever right now.

According to the Ohio Secretary of State's website, the Scioto River Trading Company (the business Dana linked many of salvage car advertising posts back to) is registered to a country music singer based out of Columbus OH! Registered Effective date: April 13, 2013.

I thought surely that wasn't right, or it must be someone else who has the same name, but then I looked up the singer's fan page on FB and she shared a post from Big Bear Lake Family Resort (which was Chris SR's employer) in November 2015. So, my brain is all kinds of warped at the moment.

This case involves a tangled web of seemingly irrelevant information unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. But, it's probably not that irrelevant at all. It may be tangled all up on purpose, for this very exact reason---to make it impossible for anyone to follow the breadcrumbs.

It's no wonder LE anticipates this to be a lengthy investigation that can only be solved by "old fashioned police work". They might have to interview every person who's ever spoken to any of the 8 victims!

Unraveling all of this will take the patience of Job and a whole lot of hard work and determination.

There is a pond on Left Fork Road property owned by Christopher Rhoden et al.

When I look at the land on Google maps, the pond is more easily seen and there are what looks to be well-worn vehicle tracks going to it.

(My guess is the et al are the other legal heirs of Clarence Rhode who owned these parcels at one time.)

If this was a local or locals, someone was likely running around town with hearing difficulty for a few days. A handgun has a level of about 165 decibels. For comparison, a jet engine on takeoff clocks in at about 140 decibels. A firearm discharged indoors is going to affect the shooter right away, much less 32 shots later.

I've seen talk about silencers maybe being used to suggest why others didn't hear the gunfire. Technically, 'silencer' is a misnomer. I disike that the term is used at all my mainstream media because it gives the reader/viewer a false sense of what we're talking about.

Suppressor is a much more accurate term because the attachment suppresses the sound but it comes nowhere near silencing it. A suppressor can lower the sound 10-20 decibels or so. So, we're still talking as loud as a jet engine on takeoff. People inside the house are definitely going to hear it, and people outside will too. It will be muffled somewhat by any insulation a home may have, but it's still going to be very noticeable.

Movies, tv, etc., portray suppressors/silencers as being like the volume of a whisper. So, that's what many people think it is. The truth is, you can only dampen the sound a small amount. You could also purchase subsonic ammunition, which will decrease the sound a bit further, but it's still going to be loud.

Anyways, the shooters. Suppressors or not, firing off that many bullets in an enclosed space is going to have an immediate effect on their hearing from the first shot. Firing multiple shots indoors without hearing protection, very possible permanent hearing damage. At best, a couple of days with reduced hearing. Like the equivalent of going to a rock concert and stand right in front of the speakers.

There is a possibility that the intruder(s) used hearing protection, as one would normally do at the range when target shooting. The problem with that is, it compromises the ability of the shooter(s) to hear what is going on around them, including the possibility that someone nearby has heard the shots and come to the house to investigate.

Would amateurs think of these things? Probably not, though possibly. Pros definitely would.

I know the crime scenes aren't located there. Does that river have a large metal bridge?

My husband said Brush Creek is closer than the Scioto River.
The only bridge I can think of that goes over the Scioto River in Pike county is on US RT 23.

Gary was shot 3 times in his head, found laying over CRSR legs. His father just spoke to local news at funeral service for Gary.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can't imagine what they would pitch in the pond except the dogs......they needed their weapons to complete the massacre. Unless the pond was their last stop. JMO

Their clothing covered in blood? Guns after the massacre? Why move and dump the dogs? They didn't move and dump the humans.

OMG I hope there isn't another dead human in the pond! Is anyone missing?

If this was a local or locals, someone was likely running around town with hearing difficulty for a few days. A handgun has a level of about 165 decibels. For comparison, a jet engine on takeoff clocks in at about 140 decibels. A firearm discharged indoors is going to affect the shooter right away, much less 32 shots later.

I've seen talk about silencers maybe being used to suggest why others didn't hear the gunfire. Technically, 'silencer' is a misnomer. I disike that the term is used at all my mainstream media because it gives the reader/viewer a false sense of what we're talking about.

Suppressor is a much more accurate term because the attachment suppresses the sound but it comes nowhere near silencing it. A suppressor can lower the sound 10-20 decibels or so. So, we're still talking as loud as a jet engine on takeoff. People inside the house are definitely going to hear it, and people outside will too. It will be muffled somewhat by any insulation a home may have, but it's still going to be very noticeable.

Movies, tv, etc., portray suppressors/silencers as being like the volume of a whisper. So, that's what many people think it is. The truth is, you can only dampen the sound a small amount. You could also purchase subsonic ammunition, which will decrease the sound a bit further, but it's still going to be loud.

Anyways, the shooters. Suppressors or not, firing off that many bullets in an enclosed space is going to have an immediate effect on their hearing from the first shot. Firing multiple shots indoors without hearing protection, very possible permanent hearing damage. At best, a couple of days with reduced hearing. Like the equivalent of going to a rock concert and stand right in front of the speakers.

There is a possibility that the intruder(s) used hearing protection, as one would normally do at the range when target shooting. The problem with that is, it compromises the ability of the shooter(s) to hear what is going on around them, including the possibility that someone nearby has heard the shots and come to the house to investigate.

Would amateurs think of these things? Probably not, though possibly. Pros definitely would.

I admit TV, and the media in general, caused me to give silencers way more credit than they deserve. I came across a YouTube video recently that has educated me since then.

You can hear the very subtle difference between the sounds a 9 mm makes when it's fired with and without a suppressor on it at the link below.

[video=youtu;qZU5TGljAmw]http://youtu.be/qZU5TGljAmw[/video]

I agree. Very unfortunate. And for whatever reason, people are assuming these 8 people are a fair representation of what everyone who lives here is like which is wrong.. I've lived here all my life and I'm not some backwoods hillbilly that can't hold a regular job because I'm too busy snorting pills up my nose and smoking weed. That's the picture that has been painted about this area. Very sad.

FWIW, I take all those comments with a grain of salt so please don't think that we all feel that way. Even if every word they are saying is true it doesn't justify the murders! One life is just as valuable as the next regardless of any social status or income level and who among us has not had a friend or family member caught up in something they should have not been caught in?

Their clothing covered in blood? Guns after the massacre? Why move and dump the dogs? They didn't move and dump the humans?

OMG I hope there isn't another dead human in the pond! Is anyone missing?

Is it confirmed the dogs are dead? I don't know where to go with this whole story - it's a crazy dang story....

<modsnip> the FBI is rigid. Very rigid. There are procedures and protocol to follow. The sheriff can't just say come in and take over. It is not in the FBI jurisdiction. The sheriff can say come in and help us. Which they ARE doing. The FBI can't just come in and take over any case if not in there jurisdiction and their jurisdiction is limited. In my opinion they do have the top top top because they have BCI who is familiar with these types of cases. Also, why would you want someone coming in from a FBI field office that doesn't know anything about that area. It would take them a lot of checking up to do. I'd imagine and I think I read in a press release that Cincinnati FBI offered assistance. It's not like they would send someone from DC. This is a small town murder investigation.
IF this case was in FBI jurisdiction, then they can and would have already taken over. They haven't. They have only offered assistance. Which would mean that a lot of the theories floating around are not correct. To me it's easy to see that this isn't a "gang" or cartel or organized crime.

<modsnip>

Local police are not investigating this. The agency with jurisdiction in this case is the county sheriff, who turned the case over to the state of Ohio BCI from the beginning. The absolute best agency to investigate this case would be...the BCI. The BCI has crime scene technicians, investigators, crime labs etc, just like the FBI but with fewer field offices. The FBI and DEA are resources to local law enforcement, not their masters, in a case like this. Those resources are being used.

Not understanding what the FBI does is one thing, not taking the time to bother with the facts, like who is actually investigating this case, is a whole different thing.

I don't think there is really a Unit like the one on Criminal Minds, right? I think people are looking for something like this to happen.

I went to WHIO website and their live stream and they haven't said anything about this yet that I have seen.

That's a good question. I've wondered about it myself.

We don't know if they were moved to the back room or ran there on their own. We also don't know if the blood was from one of them injured in the living room or both.

One possible scenario is that they one or both were still awake, sitting in the living room when the killers arrived and ran back to the bedroom to retrieve their guns.

A second scenario is that Gary, the guest, was sleeping in the living room, was awakened, put up a fight and ran back to CR1's bedroom for a gun.

Another scenario is they were both asleep in the back, one or both awakened to a sound, went to the LR where he was attacked, then returned to the bedroom for a weapon.

What do you think?

ETA: I'm not sure why the killers would drag one or both of them to another room to kill them when they could have done so in the LR.

Good scenarios. I don't know what to think. I am pretty sure Bobby Jo said it looked like they were dragged or moved to the back room. That makes me think she saw blood tracks down the hallway. I need to listen to the 911 call again, but I'm 99% certain she said it looked like they were dragged back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en