FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've discussed Jennifer's case here for a thousand pages .......

My question now is this ....

How would you motivate the small community around HOTG enough to identify the suspect, even though it's been over two years?

???

Drumstick Are you suggesting for definite the residents know?

Maybe what Drumstick is refering to is the "snitch" aspect of a drug community. There could be information to be gained from there, but they don't or can't talk due to retalliation. Undercover is the only way to glean information from people who live in and around gangbanger types.

Hi and thanks ~

While I was there in Orlando around the corner of HOTG, I saw a lot of foot traffic. It's a busy intersection.
Across the highway from HOTG there are hundreds of apartments.
If you look on google earth, you'll see what I mean.

It is highly possible that the suspect parked Jennifer's car at HOTG and walked home across the highway to one of those apartments.

It is also possible that the suspect is still living in that area.
I saw with my own two eyes half a dozen people who fit the description of the suspect.

My question is how would one go about motivating a small community to come forward with the suspect's identity?
Especially after two years have passed ....

thanks again~

I am glad that they are considering raising questions about Hilton in Jennifer's disappearance. The case they are also working in Tomoka State Park in Florida has the similar aspect of the victim's vehicle being returned to his home. His case would veer from what is known about the other possible victims of Hilton so far which would mean if he is connected then the MO did change. It opens up other cases for LE to consider Hilton as a suspect.

He is 6' 0" and 180 lbs. approximately which does put him outside of the range LE has determined the perp to be in Jennifer's case. Many of us have contended all along this is wrong.

This could be the big break we have waited for...if they determine Hilton was in the area at the time of her disappearance and can tie any evidence back to him.

I agree when you compare his photo to the video still, it really could be him.
jmho

I seriously doubt Hilton was involved in Jennifer’s abduction.

The only thing I can see motivating anyone to come forward is a cash reward.
As we know, the rewards offered to date have not produced the desired result.
Still, if it could be arranged the best chance appears to be a substantial cash reward.
The reward is for finding Jennifer Kesse; period, or for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrator.

However my hunch is the suspect doesn’t come from the area around HOTG and is therefore not known by anyone in that area.
The suspect had two days start before this case changed from a possible runaway into an abduction.
Those two days were used by the suspect to make a clean getaway to wherever he came from.
This location may well be outside the USA.

Just my best guess, nothing more and nothing less.

I really believe that no matter where the suspect is from or where he/she is now, that someone in that community knows who he/she is or saw something that might bring answers and closure to the Kesse's. I just pray that they wake up and decide to do the right thing one day soon.

I think any break in this case would be a welcomed one. I don't believe for one second this case is not cold.

Mystery64
The only thing I can see motivating anyone to come forward is a cash reward.
As we know, the rewards offered to date have not produced the desired result.
Still, if it could be arranged the best chance appears to be a substantial cash reward.
The reward is for finding Jennifer Kesse; period, or for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrator.

I agree with you that a substantial reward should be a motivator, but for some reason, a monetary reward has not worked in this case.

Maybe in the past the reward had too many strings attached and maybe the reward hasn't been worded right. I don't know. All I do know is that it hasn't been effective.

If a higher reward was focused only on the suspect, do you believe that community would pay attention?

?

I think that if the high $$$ rewards were linked directly to the suspect there might be a possibility that someone would come forward. I do agree that the rewards in the past have had the strings attached for Jenn's safe return.

I still hold hope that her safe return is imminent, but unfortunately, it's not getting the message across to the people that might hold the key to the answers we so desparately want.

Let's pretend you are a petty criminal living in the vicinity of HOTG.
You have heard street talk of an abduction leading to a homicide.
There are even whispers of who the perpetrator might be.
A substantial reward has been posted but it is only for the safe return of the missing person.
That's a reward that isn't a reward at all so you just carry on with your life at the edge of society.

Now despite that theory I believe that nobody in the area knows what happened to Jennifer Kesse.
There is no harm trying an unconditional reward but I doubt it will get a result.

There is still hope and will be until Jenn is found- good or bad. Just some answers is all anyone wants at this point.

Praying for answers and Expecting Miracles

From www.findjenniferkesse.com

Family Letter—January/February 2008

We can hardly believe that it has been 2 years now since Jennifer was abducted. Surreal, remains the best word to describe how we feel. At times it seems so much longer and then other times it seems like just yesterday……….

How can we possibly begin to thank all of you for your continued support, prayers and efforts to help keep Jennifer’s abduction in the public’s eye? We have found a small way……and that is by giving back, helping to educate by providing safety awareness information and offering fingerprinting to anyone. In honor of Jennifer, we held the “The Jennifer Kesse - Beacon of Hope for the Missing-Safety & Community Event” on January 26th At The Mall at Millenia in Orlando. Thank you to the many participants and to those attending.

We would like to especially thank the Mall at Millenia ownership, management and staff for the support you have given Jennifer. From organizing searches in the Mall’s community rooms 2 years ago until present with Jennifer’s Beacon of Hope for the Missing event, you are a true asset to the community and to our Hope of finding Jennifer.

Another way we can say thank you to Jennifer’s supporters is by helping to change laws that perhaps one day may affect you or someone you know. Please visit the links regarding the proposed Missing Persons Bill and contact your state representative and senator asking them to support this bill. Baby steps, together we can help change the missing persons laws so that the response and information is immediate and wide spread.

We must continue in our efforts to find Jennifer and so we ask for you to please keep praying, sending strength to the law enforcement and passing along Jennifer’s website, both here and abroad. Someday, someone, somewhere will be made aware of Jennifer’s plight and come forth with information that might bring her home. NOW would be just great. Together we can make a difference………….

Thank you!
Joyce, Drew & Logan Kesse & Rob Allen
Jennifer’s family & friends & colleagues

Hi:

I am new to Websleuths. This is my first post however I have been lurking here for several months.

I have followed the Jennifer Kesse case from the beginning.

To rd: I'd like to say that your ideas and blowups are amazing. When you posted that picture in which you thought the perp was looking right at the camera I saw it right away. It sent chills down my spine!

When I saw the dashcam of Gary Hilton I just had to join so I could post my thoughts!

That picture of him with the beret hat looked so much like the poi from Jennifer's case to me. As well, if rd is correct the poi is carrying a baton and wearing some kind of holster which we all know Gary Hilton did. And we know he travelled to Florida. All of this information combined makes me hope they are at least investigating the possibility.

One other thought. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry. Did LE ever question other residents of the Mosaic who parked near Jennifer to find out if her car was there when they left for work that day. I was thinking about when I lived in an apartment it was assigned parking and you got to notice whose car was already gone in the morning and whose was still there. I realize it is too late for that now but at the time it would have been very signifigant if, say for example, the person who parks beside her left for work at 6 or 7 and her car wasn't there. That would support the theory that she did indeed go out the night before to mail the package.

Hi:

I am new to Websleuths. This is my first post however I have been lurking here for several months.

I have followed the Jennifer Kesse case from the beginning.

To rd: I'd like to say that your ideas and blowups are amazing. When you posted that picture in which you thought the perp was looking right at the camera I saw it right away. It sent chills down my spine!

When I saw the dashcam of Gary Hilton I just had to join so I could post my thoughts!

That picture of him with the beret hat looked so much like the poi from Jennifer's case to me. As well, if rd is correct the poi is carrying a baton and wearing some kind of holster which we all know Gary Hilton did. And we know he travelled to Florida. All of this information combined makes me hope they are at least investigating the possibility.

One other thought. If this has already been discussed I'm sorry. Did LE ever question other residents of the Mosaic who parked near Jennifer to find out if her car was there when they left for work that day. I was thinking about when I lived in an apartment it was assigned parking and you got to notice whose car was already gone in the morning and whose was still there. I realize it is too late for that now but at the time it would have been very signifigant if, say for example, the person who parks beside her left for work at 6 or 7 and her car wasn't there. That would support the theory that she did indeed go out the night before to mail the package.

CC its a good point you make about the other residents cars and very valid.

One of the most frustrating things about this case is the lack of information in the public domain, perhaps because there is no information???

The Hilton connection should be checked out of course my gut reaction is it isnt him i have nothing to base this on other than the fact the poi to me has the look of a younger man.

I personally believe that this case hasnt been handled very well from day one if you look at the facts, obviously I dont know the information but the 'trap' which opd set for the poi by merely calling them a poi when they had the other footage of them dumping JKs car was a pretty poor attempt to get the poi to come forward.

Sadly I think the case is now colder than the north pole and with JK still not found you have to wonder if it will ever be solved.

I wouldnt bet on it but I hope I am wrong.

My theory is that the responsible person was in some way linked to the mosaic complex most probably a transient worker of some kind who took a fixation with JK.

They could well be on the other side of the world by now.

Just my theory.

Hi CC, lucky I dropped in today to see your post. Thanks. It really is chilling to see him looking back at you in the surveillance photo (where he is disappearing behind a palm tree).

The question on whether any residents saw Jennifer's car there that morning is very good and I can't recall ever seeing any mention of an answer one way or the other. You would think it's something that the Orlando police asked when they knocked on doors around the Mosaic in ensuing days and weeks but probably we would need to hear from a resident whether it was asked and also from residents whether they saw her car or not.

When I wrote a book on Chandra Levy's disappearance (Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy - you can read it on my site), illuminating info was provided by a neighbor or two of Chandra's apartment in the Newport apartments in Washington, and I included that insight in my book in helping to determine circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

I have not archived all the articles on Jennifer's disappearance so I can't say what kind of coverage there might have been on what neighbors had to say. I agree it certainly would have been (and still could be) very helpful for someone who was parked close to her car to be able to say whether her car was there that morning, and at what time they were leaving to notice it.

On Hilton, I hope you've also had the opportunity to read my thread "Gary Hilton tried to murder me in 1985", link provided a few posts back. Small world, I guess. You are right about the holster and baton, but Hilton I believe had an expandable ASP which when worn by LE sits on the belt, while the baton (or Maglite flashlight, possibly one with built in pepper spray to overcome a victim) hangs from the duty belt of the POI at the same height and approximate length as the holster, and just to the back of it.

I will be the first to say that I find a solid baton hanging from a duty belt unusual for a bike patrol security officer, and it could be a Maglite, but the shape is extremely smooth and regular like a solid baton.

On the POI being Hilton, could a 60 year old walk with that march as the POI is recorded in the video? It appears to most everyone as a young man, but then again it also appears to most people as the baton being his right or left arm swinging back, and it takes a small amount of effort to examine the closeup and see that it isn't.

And in the process, see that face looking back to at you. Chilling.

rd

On the GMH sheriff dashcam video in GA. I was amazed as to how young and vibrant his mannerisms were. He behaves and moves as someone much younger would.

I agree with that from my experience, SuziQ. He was nearly 40 years old at the time but was very into survivalist if you will. He talked about Nam a lot and when the guy he later ran over a couple of times with his pickup pointed a finger toward him to make some point (I'm not sure exactly, I wasn't paying that close attention), Hilton said "I'll eat that finger". I had to intervene to sort of cool things off before he jumped across the table.

He was just very physical and moved around pretty well as he swung that big knife at me later out in the parking lot when I came out and he was kicking that guy's head in. I was fortunately fast enough to backpedal for all I was worth and keep from getting stabbed. So yes, he looked pretty much the same build as then when I saw his picture, much balder though.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member