Identified! OK - OSBI Needs Help to ID Woman In Photo *Resolved*

I don't see how they can close it even if the military took it over. Wouldn't it remain open here until the woman is properly identified and the perp is tried for the crime? I am not up on military and their laws etc., but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me and perhaps that is why. :confused:

It's hard to let go, isn't it? But after thinking about it, I can come up with many reasons why the investigation is closed here. A couple of reasons: Why would it remain open here? No crime took place in USA. There isn't any jurisdiction for LE in Oklahoma, also, how could OSBI possibly solve an Iraqi on Iraqi crime? Or a military crime? It would just be an impossibility.

Also, we do not know that she is unidentified, in fact I'd bet that she was never unidentified, except to us! The fact that a military man took a photo---gotta wonder about the motivation to send it to his pop---leads me to believe that an ongoing investigation is taking place in Iraq. I don't know if it's being investigated by military forces or Iraqi police, but Iraq is where the investigation belongs. I hope she gets justice.

Can someone PLEASE PM me the rest of the story! I dont have any nails left.

Cheers, Jacobean...

jacobean,

I don't know if there is anything else other than the PM that was being sent around over the last few days. If that is what you require, Jaded posted the email in post #608 above.

It probably won't help anything, but the bedspread she is on can be purchased from Wal-Mart. I know, because I stared at it almost a million times this last February when my wife and I were purchasing new bedding and trying to make our minds up...

We went with something else.

It probably won't help anything, but the bedspread she is on can be purchased from Wal-Mart. I know, because I stared at it almost a million times this last February when my wife and I were purchasing new bedding and trying to make our minds up...

We went with something else.

Really? Would you happen to have a link to it on-line somewhere?

I'm still not completely buying the story that this woman was in Iraq. I can't explain it. I just have a gut feeling this woman is really dead on American soil somewhere. I have no reasoning for this other than a feeling.

BTW, welcome to WS!!

No, unfortunately not. I had already scoured both Wal-Mart's and Target's websites before I posted to see if I could find it again. The last time that I was shopping and noticed it again, I believe it was on clearance. That was about two months ago probably.

It's the same one though...I'm 100%.

The green area that you see right under her hand is the leaf of a plant. It's a jungle type themed comforter like others that have been popular over the last year, except this one has that really unmistakable tropical red color on it as well.

It caught my eye in the store...just like it caught my eye in the photo.

I've seen that comforter before too. Is it a hawaiian jungle theme, perhaps?

Thanks KBUK!!! I was hoping we would get a little more information from LE, but at least its something. I find it a wee bit creepy that someone would print pictures of this sort and carry them around - makes me feel a little sick, i dont understand why someone would carry something like this around......(?)

I dont understand what all the commotion about any of these photos are. First of all, the girl in the photo, as far as most of us are concerned, isnt Tara, in fact, the "staged" photo isnt Tara or Michael Henley. Tara was most likely murdered the same day she disappeared. And Michael Henely, probably died of exposure several days after disappearing.

Now, if we were to say the photos are Tara and Michael, then Tara's remains are up in those mountains somewhere, and they havent been found there, so I would tend to go with my theory...much ado about nothing

Mistagee, This is the old thread on what turned out to be a homicide scene involving the Iraqi girl in the pic. Another thread was started and some really good websleuthers had it pretty much all figured out by looking at the girls threaded eyebrows, her style of dress, etc.

This was one of the first threads that I followed on WS, it was very interesting. I found it after you guys figured it out but as I was reading before you figured it out, I wanted to post because I knew she was middle eastern. I work with people from Iran and as soon as I saw the eyebrows and the robe, I just knew. But I was too late! Damn you guys are good.

I've just realized that this is the thread. I didn't realize that it was all here when someone posted last night.

will someone post a summary of this story?

i don't have time to read the whole section, but am curious.....636 replies... must have been interesting.

thanks!

I'll try to summarize and hope I don't mess it up due to memory and being a long time ago. A pic was found laying outside a gas station in Oklahoma. Police were concerned for the woman and asked the public to help identify the woman or where the pic came from, no other facts were given. After first comparing the woman to Tara Calico and discussing that, posters began to realize that the woman was deceased, had been injured, and was most likely in another country. I'm not sure if I remember exactly, but I believe posters told each other the outcome in IM's for some reason. The pic was identified as a girl in Iraq who had been murdered, but I don't remember who came forward or claimed to have left the pic.

I'll try to summarize and hope I don't mess it up due to memory and being a long time ago. A pic was found laying outside a gas station in Oklahoma. Police were concerned for the woman and asked the public to help identify the woman or where the pic came from, no other facts were given. After first comparing the woman to Tara Calico and discussing that, posters began to realize that the woman was deceased, had been injured, and was most likely in another country. I'm not sure if I remember exactly, but I believe posters told each other the outcome in IM's for some reason. The pic was identified as a girl in Iraq who had been murdered, but I don't remember who came forward or claimed to have left the pic.

An American GI emailed it to his father with a series of other pictures-the GI's dad printed out this particular photo and dropped it at the gas station.

While I love the dialog it started here among strangers who were working so hard to figure it out, the idea that this woman became a "side show" and an object of curiosity probably for the second time is a little shocking...kind of an odd souvenir to send home to your father, isn't it?

man i just proved something .... always read the ending first !!!!!!!!

i had all these ideas brewing and was about to post them when i skipped to the last page ... and it was already solved.

well im glad that they know who the girl is. a tragic tragic outcome, and iraq hits a spot especially close to my heart. bless the young girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back