Media Links Only - No Discussion

Peterson Hopes Photo Clears Him Of Gun Charge
[SIZE=-1]CBS2 Chicago - Chicago,IL,USA[/SIZE]

wbbm0528petersongun.jpg
Former Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson hopes this photo of him on the job, as part of a security detail for actor John Travolta, clears him of a charge of illegally owning the assault rifle slung behind his arm.

CBS

This is a Joe Hosey article in progress, it includes a photo taken today of Kim Matuska.

Drew Peterson’s 22-year-old girlfriend was hauled before the grand jury Thursday

"Kim Matuska, a tanning salon worker from Darien, refused to discuss her testimony and said she was no longer dating Peterson."

"We’re done," said Matuska, an aspiring veterinarian who said she attends the College of DuPage.

"I’m not seeing Drew," she said. Police, however, have identified her as his girlfriend.

Candace Aikin, the aunt of Peterson’s missing fourth wife, Stacy, also testified. Aikin’s appearance was so emotional it moved her to tears.

More information will follow."

Stacy Peterson's aunt talks to grand jury
Another woman also testifies; she later denies relationship with ex-cop

Chicago Tribune May 29, 2008

"After hours of testimony before a Will County special grand jury investigating the disappearance of her niece Stacy Peterson, Candace Aikin emerged from the courthouse Thursday fighting her emotions.

"I'm glad I was able to tell them just how much I love Stacy and what a great person and a great mother she was, and to be of any help to the investigation," said Aikin, her eyes red from crying."

"Aikin said she was able to visit her niece's young children Tuesday.

"I went to the house, and [Drew] made dinner," Aikin said. "It was hard, but I think I did better than I thought I would. [Stacy's son] pointed to a picture of Stacy and said, 'That's my mommy.' It was very cute. Drew said he wanted me to be comfortable, and I said, 'Well, I just want everyone here to be comfortable with me.' ""

much more, good article ...

Attorneys for Drew Peterson filed a motion in Will County Court on Friday to dismiss the felony unlawful use of a weapon charge filed last week against the former Bolingbrook police sergeant, saying that as a police officer he was exempt from the state's weapon laws.

Will County Judge Sarah Jones gave the state 14 days to respond. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for June 30.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-drew-peterson_webmay31,0,6759782.story

CBS2 Chicago

Drew Peterson In Court Answering Gun Charges

"CBS 2's West Suburban Bureau Chief Mike Puccinelli reports Peterson got special treatment at the Will County Courthouse in Joliet because officials say death threats have been made against the former Bolingbrook Police sergeant and named suspect in his fourth wife's disappearance."

In the video that accompanies the written article, it explains that the special treatment was that he was walked out the back door of the Courthouse.

""The picture of him receiving an autograph from John Travolta is irrelevant to this case," Pelkie said. "State's Attorney Jim Glasgow will prosecute the unlawful use of a weapon charge against Mr. Peterson vigorously.""

"One other matter that will likely be decided at the end of next month is whether Peterson can leave Illinois. Brodsky said he's asked the court for its permission so Peterson can take his four children on vacation."

Investigators probing the death of Drew Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, now possess the bathtub in which her body was found.

One of the current homeowners told the Tribune on Friday that state police came to take the tub last week, but declined to comment further. A spokesman for the Will County state's attorney's office confirmed her information and said the tub was in storage.

"The state police removed the bathtub from the home where Kathleen Savio was found dead," said spokesman Charles Pelkie. "It's our belief that the tub will be a key piece of evidence in the prosecution of this case when charges are filed."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-drew-peterson_31_may31,0,6643633.story

Drew Peterson is above the law, at least the ones saying he can’t carry a short-barreled assault rifle, his attorney said.

Peterson’s attorney, Joel Brodsky, asked the court Friday to dismiss the felony gun charge facing his client on the grounds that as a former cop, Peterson is exempt from such restrictions.

“This definitely gives Drew immunity under federal law,” Brodsky said, citing a statute that allows police to carry concealed weapons

Charles B. Pelkie, the spokesman for the state’s attorney’s office, disputed Brodsky’s claim, saying the federal law has “no bearing whatsoever on the charge filed against Drew Walter Peterson.”

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/980140,JO30_PETERSON_WEB.article

DREW PETERSON SAYS STATE POLICE ARE USING CAMERAS ON HIS NEIGHBOR'S HOME TO WATCH HIM.

BOLINGBROOK -- Drew Peterson feels like someone's watching him, and he doesn't like it one bit.

Peterson discovered his next-door neighbor, Sharon Bychowski, has surveillance cameras mounted on her home, cameras he claims are trained on his front yard and on his backyard swimming pool.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/998661,4_1_JO11_PETERSON_S1.article

DREW CAUGHT ON FILM?

DREW PETERSON SAYS STATE POLICE ARE USING CAMERAS ON HIS NEIGHBOR'S HOME TO WATCH HIM.

June 10, 2008

By JOE HOSEY jhosey@scn1.com
BOLINGBROOK -- Drew Peterson feels like someone's watching him, and he doesn't like it one bit.
Peterson discovered his next-door neighbor, Sharon Bychowski, has surveillance cameras mounted on her home, cameras he claims are trained on his front yard and on his backyard swimming pool.

Drew Peterson stands on the deck of his backyard pool Tuesday afternoon in Bolingbrook, after talking to his attorney Joel Brodsky about the camera (in red circle) his neighbor has that seems to film his backyard.
JOE HOSEY/HERALD NEWS STAFF

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/plainfieldsun/news/998661,4_1_JO11_PETERSON_S1.article

Forensic pathologist to testify Thursday before the panel

By Erika Slife and Matthew Walberg | Tribune reporters 9:12 PM CDT, June 11, 2008
A noted forensic pathologist is slated to testify Thursday before the Will County Board at the request of GOP members who are exploring the possibility of replacing the coroner with a medical examiner.

The meeting is the latest assault on Coroner Patrick O'Neil, a Democrat. He is facing a re-election challenge from a former employee amid criticism of his office's handling of the investigation into the death of Kathleen Savio, former wife of Drew Peterson, who is a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-coroner-12-jun12,0,4812862.story

The decision to retain the current Will County Coroner’s Office or transition to a Medical Examiners Office to handle death investigations continued to heat up Thursday during a Will County Board Committee As A Whole meeting in Joliet.

Renowned pathologist Dr. Michael Baden, former chief medical examiner for New York City, made a presentation to the Will County Board this morning that included sharp criticism among board members in support of, and against, the notion the County Coroner’s Office should be eliminated and replaced with a Medical Examiner’s Office.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/bolin...examiner-debate-rages-on-in-Will-County-Board

A judge shouldn’t stall the proceedings in Kathleen Savio’s newly reopened probate case, according to a motion filed Wednesday morning in Will County.

There’s simply no reason, Larry Varsek argued.“They just don’t want us pawing around to find out what happened here,” he said.

He was talking about Joel Brodsky of Chicago and Andrew Abood of East Lansing, Mich., the lawyers representing Drew Peterson, Savio’s former husband, and James B. Carroll, Peterson’s uncle, a Westchester resident and the executor of the dead woman’s estate.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1012334,jo18_savio_web.article

Motion: Let proceedings unfold

JOLIET -- A judge shouldn't stall the proceedings in Kathleen Savio's newly reopened probate case, according to a motion filed Wednesday morning in Will County.

There's simply no reason, Larry Varsek argued.
"They just don't want us pawing around to find out what happened here," he said.
» Click to enlarge image

He was talking about Joel Brodsky of Chicago and Andrew Abood of East Lansing, Mich. They are the lawyers representing Drew Peterson, Savio's former husband, and James B. Carroll, Peterson's uncle, a Westchester resident and the executor of the dead woman's estate.
The Joliet-based Varsek, a local lawyer, is representing Savio's family as they consider the possibility of filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back