50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this under Mr. Kyle's memories-who would like to jump on it for me?????

Hugs-

Hi Everyone-I received a tip today that Benjaman may have attended University of Denver or Boulder in Colorado, and that there is a chance his DOB is close to 1948. No information still on name or even major. Does anyone want to take this and run with it...even trying to see if we can get any year books? I am in the middle of a couple weeks of insanity, so I cannot run with this one by myself. His build is pretty athletic, so it might be worthwhile to see if they had football or wrestling-we would be looking at a graduation date of around 1968 or 1969 I would think...

Thoughts?

I just dabbled around in the University of CO @ Boulder website and they actually have a missing alumni page. The problem is, they're listed by name, which isn't really helpful here. Does BK have any type of accent at all? Southern, Midwestern, Eastern, etc? It would be somewhat helpful if we could narrow it down. On the other hand, we live in such a mobile and transient society, I'm not sure that would even help. My daughter goes to college in Colorado, we're from Nevada and I am quite certain she will not plant her roots there or here!

Here is the U Of C website for the 68-69 roster of football players.
https://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3845&SPID=255&DB_OEM_ID=600&Q_SEASON=1968

It gives the height and weight which could be helpful.

Basketball: http://www.cubuffs.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3891&SPID=257&DB_OEM_ID=600&KEY=&Q_SEASON=1968

If he was born in 1948...he graduated HS in 1965-66. So you could start looking in 66-67 for college sports.

Without photos, I feel it's an exercise in futility to even go down this road. Not to mention we're basing the search totally on BK's "memories." There must be a more fruitful way to spend our energy?!?!?! Ahhhhh! So frustrating! :banghead:

I don't know..I went through a lot of them by putting in the name, the state they were from and the word missing. I narrowed it down by his height. He probably hasn't grown since college. :)

I posted this in the memories thread, but I have already sent an email to the alumni coordinator for the class of 1968. I will post any response I receive.

thank you everyone for hopping on this, and I will be interested to hear from the alumni coordinator.

I received a whole lot of interest last year from Indiana colleges being willing to post his picture or flyer on the alumni website. If any of you get through to a live person, ask if they will consider doing the same....sort of a "Do you recognize this man" type thing...

To me BK definitely speaks with a distinct accent that is not from the northeast or the south. no broad A, no hint of Canadian influence and no distinct NJ, PA or NY. I think it is realistic to think he might be from Illinois/Indiana/Colorado. There are some links that have video of him talking so that might help some of you-I will try and gather some and post them here as a bump.

He seems to have knowledge of restaurant design, engineering or management...perhaps electrical engineering but it might be a stretch. he is familiar with building and electrical codes somewhat, so when you are talking to the schools, keep in mind any programs they might have had that supported that education....

:blowkiss:

Did anyone ever bother to check with the Professor Benjamin Kyle? If not, I definitely think it needs to be done.

Did anyone ever bother to check with the Professor Benjamin Kyle? If not, I definitely think it needs to be done.

IIRC it's Prof. Kyle Benjamin. I do recall he's been contacted, but I may be mistaken...??? Does anyone know for certain?

thank you everyone for hopping on this, and I will be interested to hear from the alumni coordinator.

I received a whole lot of interest last year from Indiana colleges being willing to post his picture or flyer on the alumni website. If any of you get through to a live person, ask if they will consider doing the same....sort of a "Do you recognize this man" type thing...

To me BK definitely speaks with a distinct accent that is not from the northeast or the south. no broad A, no hint of Canadian influence and no distinct NJ, PA or NY. I think it is realistic to think he might be from Illinois/Indiana/Colorado. There are some links that have video of him talking so that might help some of you-I will try and gather some and post them here as a bump.

He seems to have knowledge of restaurant design, engineering or management...perhaps electrical engineering but it might be a stretch. he is familiar with building and electrical codes somewhat, so when you are talking to the schools, keep in mind any programs they might have had that supported that education....

:blowkiss:

Throwing out some thoughts from a new perspective, since I have not posted on his case before now:

• First, he is said to have a " Regional Accent". WHICH region, please???

• He was found with " blinding cataracts". Has his vision been restored? IOW, is he able to see material which might be sent to him?
  • Upon reading his DOE page again, with a description of a man with an above average IQ and a description of his demeanor,combined with his memories of the state of Indiana, and my impressions from looking at his photos, I would strongly suggest looking at Purdue alumni, Schools of Engineering.
Purdue is world- renowned for their Aerospace Engineering school, for example. Their other Engineering programs are just as rigorous and held in high esteem, I would imagine.

• The plated arm and cervical neck fusion- Could he have been a " weekend warrior" amateur race car driver in Indiana? MANY engineers chose either flying airplanes they build themselves or racing a home- built car as a hobby. We know it's an extremely popular sport.. maybe he has used a track in Indy at some point, or crashed in Indy and had surgery there.. It would make for interesting conversation later on " I remember the weekend I crashed into the rear wall at Indy". ( not THAT track).
  • This guy has " the look" of an engineer to me, and the intelligence to go with it. I would look at Purdue's available male undergraduate and graduate photos from 68-76.
Edited to add, it may be counter-productive to say this, but I see absolutely no resemblance between this amnesia victim and the retired Professor Benjamin Kyle. IF the elderly gentleman is approached, I hope it is with great sensitivity.

IF I lived closer to Indiana, I would definitely do the Purdue work myself as I have a very strong feeling about it..
Respectfully,
Maria

Excellent post SJ! I think your ideas are good ones...I will start looking and hope others will too.

So far I have looked through 1968-1971...not one 'jumped' out at me....but here are a few that I'd like to compare side by side....but, don't think any are him...I really stink at these.

I really would like more than 1,2 of us to go through these pics on Purdue's page. My memory is awful, w/o having the pics side by side it's hard for me...

Here are a few....??

1971KEVINBRUCEBLAIR.jpg
1971CRAIGWILLIAMS.jpg
1971CHRISJAMESPERCIVAL.jpg

Nope, now looking back at Mr Kyle's pic....none of them I don't believe even resemble him. ugh

Christine, I am not quoting the pic I want to ask you about because it will take forever with my dial up to do it--sorry:). I see a possible resemblance in the pic on the far left in post 197.

Me too Lion! That one I kept staring at....BK's nose seems thinner, but, that could happen with age...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine