Jose Baez News Briefing of today 9/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Geeze...I listened to a few minutes to his blithering, then started doing other things...and other things and othings....and he's still blithering on about complete nonsense. I finally had to turn him off. What a buffoon. Is there anyone with any sense in this case?? I think that Caylee is the smartest in the bunch.

High profile 101 grade - F ---I agree.

I thought it was great! I think he made some very valid points. I may not agree with him, but I think he did a great job.

Salem

:clap::clap::clap:

It's not easy to swim upstream. I agree with you. I am concerned about the Constitutional issues of this case. We have due process and that doesn't include lynch mobs. I know what the "evidence" looks like so far, but I'm going with whatever the jury decides. I know Casey isn't playing with a full deck but our system of justice usually works very well and I think it will work in this case too. It's hard to wait but I have to say that even though we've heard some very interesting "facts" from LE, they just won't connect the dots and tell us that anything is conclusive of murder or even death. I guess I can't throw any stones at this point.

I think my eyes are stuck in the back of my head from rolling them during the webble wobble's little speech.

Dear Jose,

WTH is Caylee?

Love,
liltigress

PS. Checkmate

I must be confused because I didn't understand JB's comment about the LE turning over what evidence they have ????? Why would they turn it over to him before she has even been charged with murder?

Most high-profile case attorneys have a certain smoothness when they address the press - they know they could well be dealing with the media and law enforcement on their next case, and they choose their words carefully.

Jose is pretty green when it comes to public speaking. He lacks the gravitas of more experienced counsel, he fails miserably at acting comfortable in front of a microphone, and has made a peculiar error in choosing probably the single worst public relations spokesperson in the country (Todd 'flunked English' Black).

With each new misstep, he's systematically blowing the career-making opportunity of a lifetime.

Somewhere, I hope little Caylee is smiling.
:blowkiss::clap:

If he is floundering like this at an itsy bitsy low pressure news conference, how on Earth can he absorb the pressures of an actual jury trial where he cannot bow out, call it a day, make an excuse and leave, or go anywhere to get away from the pressure.

He will just be stuck there and it will go on and on and on.......that's some deep poo poo there.

Oh, listening to this man makes my head hurt. :bang:

He is doing nothing but putting down the OCSO in an effort to try and make his client look better in our eyes. That's so sad that he has to resort to bashing the OCSO. But, he can stand up and defend someone who lost their child for 31 days and didn't feel the need to report her missing - but oh wait, that's right she searched for little Caylee at Fusian swinging on the pole and grinding on some girl. :waitasec:

As for the economic crimes - of course they are going to go after her on those while they are still investigating the murder. This is 2 totally different departments within the OCSO.

So the best search team in the US came and left - according to Baez. If you give in to his BS then you would think Tim Miller has no plans of returning? Is this so? I hope not! Because he's right...there is a missing child.

"Up against a great force"...that's why she is spending 30ish hours at his office. Okay, now I get it...where is that eyeroll icon? :rolleyes: He's "guided" his client...oh, well that just makes it all better. Now, ask your ever so carefully guided client where she put her child. No BS this time either!

They have no legal reason to turn over evidence to Baez at this time. Until charges and a legal request is made, they do not have to turn over discovery to him. He knows that - he needs to quit BSing the public to garner sympathy for his client. IF he wasn't worried about potential charges, then why did he demand the DNA testing, etc., be stopped.

I'm not sure which Defense Attorney is/has made a bigger @ss of themself - Baez or Geragos. They both talk out of each sides of their mouth and it doesn't make a bit of difference what they are saying. They make me sick! :furious:

Rant over!

I truly think that he has lost his mind. Doesn't he remember that all this was started by his client jerking LE around?
When things are dying down and one of these people is missing the limelight they hold a press conference. What he fails to realize is that we aren't buying the bologna.

Yes, it was an insult ...
Where does Casey's responsibility start? It is not that LE and the general public went looking for her to misplace (being kind) her daughter.

I think my eyes are stuck in the back of my head from rolling them during the webble wobble's little speech.
Whenever I see him on camera, in my mind I hear Frances McDormand in Fargo talking about "the little fella".

Ya know, his client is her own worst enemy. Once she is charged and brought to trial, she is still going to lie, and lie about stupid chit, and the prosecution is going to be able to counter every dumb insignificant thing she lies about while on the stand or in the transcripts and there isn't a thing Jose is going to be able to do about it.
If she doesn't testify she is going to look even more guilty.

Pretty interesting. I like how he tried to spin this case and his client- and try and turn the public against LE. On her arrests for check fraud, using credit cards etc. She has many offenses against her, and as they develop leads, gather evidence, get returns on seopened information, and build there case, that is when they will arrest her. It's not like they have to wait fo each and every charge they think she committed, people that are sitting in county jail, get re-arrested right there in the cell as new evidence is found day in and day out on any additional charges they might have against them. Casey just has the ability to keep getting bonded out, so when new charges are filed- the state attorneys office reviews the new information and decides from there if she should be charged with more crimes- that is why she keeps getting re-arrested. And lets just put this out here.....they would not be able to re-arrest her if it was not for the fact that SHE DID THESE CRIMES.

This attorney has lied before, about a plea deal....he said it was never discussed, but then later we find out it has been discussed. As for him wanting to see the evidence against his client, they don't have to turn that over to him UNTIL she has been charged. That is the law, and so far, she has not been charged with murder so therefore, the evidence and testing they are getting now to build there case does not have to be turned over yet! He knows very well that he can file a motion of discovery ONCE his client is charged with murder- until then he has no right to any of the on going testing that is being done. He can file a motion to ask the court to allow there own independent testing, or to have an observer to over see the testing.

As for our men and woman fighting in Iraqi- I take great personal offense in him even mentioning ANYTHING to do with our service men and woman- they have NOTHING to do with what his client is being charged with. My son is in the service, he is in the service to protect our country- NOT to protect criminals that are being charged with crimes in the united states. Unless it is terrorism or an attack against our country-which is not the situation in this case, there was NO reason to mention ANY OF THIS.

As an after thought, yes there is a missing child, that's what this case is all about- but apparently he has joined the ranks with the Anthony's - what child?

As for the reporters being duped by LE. That's a joke in itself- As long as it's breaking news or any new information about this case- they will report it- even if it's negative info regarding LE

As for the protesters being charged with stalking- well, I guess he does not know Florida law, because to be charged with stalking, you must show the court a pattern of an individual FOLLOWING you....to work, to your home,to places where you might hang out.....you can't be charged with stalking just because you stand in front of someones home with a sign.

I think some of those protesters should be arrested for there actions- just as I think Cindy, George and Lee should be arrested for some of there actions towards the protesters. Going out at almost midnight with a hammer to pound some signs is nothing more than Cindy wanting more attention for herself. As the attorney said, when it gets quiet LE has to do something for attention- and Cindy has to do it also

What a hypocrite..talks about the Constitution & men & women fighting in Iraq to protect our freedom and rights... but right before that says the protesters should be arressted...

You caught that too huh lol

Stealth the part about Casey looking guilty..MAN...that really is one of my oldest questions..After all the hellabalue from the A's & JB about how misunderstood Casey is and what is really going on and why she can't tell...aHHHHH...AND after all these weeks of nothing but 'The Twilight Zone' according to the A's, come on.....
Why doesn't she do something to make herself look less guilty????

This attorney has lied before, about a plea deal....he said it was never discussed, but then later we find out it has been discussed.
Not only was it "discussed", according to the released email from the state's attorney, the plea offer was made at his request.

Given the amount of time he spends with his client, I wonder if Baez realizes that when he says he's "guiding" his client, the first thing that comes to mind is "Oh, really? Toward what, exactly?"

:clap::clap::clap:

It's not easy to swim upstream. I agree with you. I am concerned about the Constitutional issues of this case. We have due process and that doesn't include lynch mobs. I know what the "evidence" looks like so far, but I'm going with whatever the jury decides. I know Casey isn't playing with a full deck but our system of justice usually works very well and I think it will work in this case too. It's hard to wait but I have to say that even though we've heard some very interesting "facts" from LE, they just won't connect the dots and tell us that anything is conclusive of murder or even death. I guess I can't throw any stones at this point.

Just respectfully responding to the part of your post that I bolded above:

LE has no reason to 'connect the dots' and/or 'tell us that anything is conclusive of murder or even death' at this point. The only people that LE owes that to is the States Attorneys Office. It is the SA office that will file charges and be ready to go to trial. LE is, IMO, doing an excellent job keeping things away from the public - as they should even though I want to know now. Sure there have been statements made for the public, but as far as any evidence, it isn't for the public to know until trial. JMHO

Not sure if you followed the Laci Peterson case, but there was much not released to the public beforehand....as is with many/most cases. They can't lay all their cards out before the trial.

If I misread the intent of your post, I sincerely apologize.

OTOH: I just chalked his press conference up to trying to make the public have sympathy for his client and not look at her in such a bad light. He's doing his job and IMHO a poor job at that. Not one time have I seen Casey go on camera and make a plea for her beautiful child Caylee....why is that? (not directed at the poster)

If Baez wants to garner any sympathy for his client, maybe he should teach her some emotion during their 30 hour a week visit. A few tears would be helpful. In her interview she was down right cold and uncaring (at least that is how she sounded to me).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back