List of New and Old charges against Casey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive gone back and checked so far there are 13 charges as of today she is facing with another 10 still to come down, (so they say).

1 count Obstructing a Criminal Investigation
1 count Neglect of a Child
1 count filing a false report to LE
1 count Grand Theft
3 counts fraudulant use of personal identification information
3 counts forgery of a check
3 counts of uttering a forged check.

"Including today's charges, the state has filed a total of 13 counts in connection to the checks. She's also charged with child neglect and filing a false statement to law enforcementIncluding today's charges, the state has filed a total of 13 counts in connection to the checks. She's also charged with child neglect and filing a false statement to law enforcement"

Wonder if they will arrest her again today?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony091908,0,2315872.story

"Including today's charges, the state has filed a total of 13 counts in connection to the checks. She's also charged with child neglect and filing a false statement to law enforcementIncluding today's charges, the state has filed a total of 13 counts in connection to the checks. She's also charged with child neglect and filing a false statement to law enforcement"

Wonder if they will arrest her again today?
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony091908,0,2315872.story

All that this means is that the State Attorney's Office has filed formal charges on her for the charges that she was arrested for earlier this week. She will not be arrested again, as she was already arrested and bonded. Now if any NEW fraud charges arise from this spree, she will be arrested.

This is the way it works in Florida folks: A person is arrested, let's say on Uttering a Forgery, the arrest affidavit along with any other evidence is presented to the State Attorney's office. They look it over and determine if there is any merit to the charge (s) and if there is, they file an Information, which is formally charging the person with the crime.

That is what has been done in KC's arrest from earlier this week.

I am sure that this case (08-CF-0014154-O ) will be closed and consolidated with 08-CF-0013331-O.

I will update Casey's charges in the appropriate thread

Does anyone know if it's been established what Casey used the money on her Mother's credit card and all she stole from Amy for? I don't remember reading about that anywhere.

I double-checked this, thinking it had to be old news, but no.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the state has formally filed 3 more charges against Casey based on the charges alleged in her arrest the other day.

State files more charges
11 a.m. Prosecutors filed three more economic crime charges against Casey Anthony, stemming from her last arrest.

This morning, prosecutors formally charged her with fraudulent use of personal identification information, forgery of a check and uttering a forged check. The decision came after reviewing the investigator's file on checks stolen from a friend.

Authorities say Anthony's friend loaned her car to Anthony while she was on vacation. When her friend returned, she learned the checks were missing and her bank account had a zero balance.

Deputies had arrested her on Tuesday. She returned home on Wednesday after posting $1,250 bond.

Including today's charges, the state has filed a total of 13 counts in connection to the checks. She's also charged with child neglect and filing a false statement to law enforcement.

I don't understand how that works. They arrest her on Monday, release her on Tuesday, file more charges today...but they were already covered by Monday's arrest so she doesn't have to be taken in again?

So, she might get a night in the hoosegow (spelling). Big woops. I want the big stuff.

What????????? These are new? I don't understand this, it appears to be the same friend, same charges?

so does this mean she ig going back to jail??? Wow. I am so annoyed already.

How many times can you be charged for the same crime?

In any event, :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::clap::clap::behindbar

No, she was already arrested and bonded out for these charges.

Why was she arrested on Monday if the charges weren't "formally" filed until Friday?

What an odd system.

IIRC it was originally 10 charges,in reviewing they have come up with 3 additional charges,it now stands at 13. All stemming from the same incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member