Todd Black - Defense Team Says: "Loss Of The Life Of A Little Girl"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe the 'mouthpiece' is still talking about this.

He just put out a press release saying he doesn't plan on putting out any press releases this week (say what?) and that Jose won't be doing media interviews.

But he can't let go of his big gaffe from last week, and is still arguing that his comments made on live TV were "taken out of context". Give it a rest, Todd. No one believes you.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-casey-anthony-102008,0,1625514.story

:laughs:
SNIPPED: "...He just put out a press release saying he doesn't plan on putting out any press releases this week (say what?) and that Jose won't be doing media interviews.

But he can't let go of his big gaffe from last week, and is still arguing that his comments made on live TV were "taken out of context". Give it a rest, Todd. No one believes you.

"the elephant absolutely isn't there!"

Notice how he's changed his tune?

He's stopped insisting that he didn't say what we all heard, now he's saying

“The complete interview clearly proves that the show was over-talking Mr. Black and not allowing him to complete what he was saying, then CNN cut to commercial.”
Apparently he now wants us to think that if only he'd kept on talking, he would have contradicted himself.

Take a page from John McCain on Letterman, Todd, and get it over with. Repeat after me, “I screwed up.”

I found this link on Orlando Sentinel and TB for the third time addresses the statement.

Here is press release form good old TB and now I am seeing it like a 12 year old press release. It does not look professional at all now I that I look at it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2008-10/42987364.pdf

Ugh! His press releases make me cringe. They keep getting worse. Who is this guy???:confused:

He just put out a press release saying he doesn't plan on putting out any press releases this week (say what?) and that Jose won't be doing media interviews.

You know what they say about guilt of conscience.

I believe the man doth protest too much.

This is on tape. It was originally aired live. It has been replayed on television, and is out here on the world wide web for all to see.
Hmmm, you're right, sounds like a goober to me.
Lanie

it seems that Mr. Black is the only one that isnt over it...

Im over it.. move on to the next whoooops.

by keeping it in the news reminds up all just what an idiot he is... do we really need anymore reminders...jeezzzz.

My personal fav is when Baez claims that Black is not a member of the defense team. Didn't Baez hire him to be PR for Casey? That makes him a member of the defense team.

The only truth the Anthonys, Casey, Beaz or the T. Bk has ever spoken was
" The loss of life of a little girl"

I found this link on Orlando Sentinel and TB for the third time addresses the statement.

Here is press release form good old TB and now I am seeing it like a 12 year old press release. It does not look professional at all now I that I look at it.

Lol. Media Training 101 = Don't ever repeat what you don't want people to hear about. The second link really made me laugh! Did they use a TYPEWRITER? :eek:

Lol. Media Training 101 = Don't ever repeat what you don't want people to hear about. The second link really made me laugh! Did they use a TYPEWRITER? :eek:

And why did he highlite "IN FLORIDA" so big? I guess he did'nt want us to think he was sending his fax from "LA LA LAND"!

On Prime News while Todd Black(with Baez' office) was trying to defend JB he made a major slip of the tongue. He stated " This is a very difficult, serious case, not only involving THE LOSS OF THE LIFE OF A LITTLE GIRL but the loss of whatever is going to happen to Casey Anthony."
I've attached the link.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/10/14/pn.casey.anthony.indicted.cnn

The WS responses seem to be:
Wow, we know what the defense attorneys think.
What a blooper.
Maybe this will wake up the Anthoneys.
Etc.

This is much more important than those reasons. Black is an agent of KC. Statements of a party opponent are an exception to hearsay and are treated as if KC said it directly. Essentially, this is a statement that can be admitted in evidence to prove Caylee is dead. It is a statement that can be admitted into evidence to show that KC knows Caylee is dead. This is damning evidence; courtesy of defense counsel.
IMHO, defense counsel have no business even trying to give media interviews. :shakehead: IF there must be a communication to the media, it should always be in writing and never orally from the attorneys involved in a case pre-trial. Why? Well, just because of exactly what happened here. That's why. :slap: :pcguru:

What a blooper.
Etc.

This is much more important than those reasons. Black is an agent of KC. Statements of a party opponent are an exception to hearsay and are treated as if KC said it directly. Essentially, this is a statement that can be admitted in evidence to prove Caylee is dead. It is a statement that can be admitted into evidence to show that KC knows Caylee is dead. This is damning evidence; courtesy of defense counsel.
IMHO, defense counsel have no business even trying to give media interviews. :shakehead: IF there must be a communication to the media, it should always be in writing and never orally from the attorneys involved in a case pre-trial. Why? Well, just because of exactly what happened here. That's why. :slap: :pcguru:

:gavel: !
I know! This is potentially a huge deal. Sometimes I feel like legalese-laden posts sink to the bottom until NG's interns do more in-depth research on the emerging issues :)
Do you think Todd Black will be considered Casey's agent, or Baez's agent?-- that's what I wonder...
I think this issue will at least ensure that the curtain will be lifted and we'll get to find out who "Todd Black" really is-- but I wonder if it'll actually make evidence? I think we'll definitely see this issue get more exposure as pre-trial approaches! :gavel:

oh! I just realized he released ANOTHER one. thank you for posting this! I love the Orlando Sentinel's deconstruction...

"Todd Black began the press release with the words "IN FLORIDA" in a very large font."

I just cackled in the night. hahaha.

Everyone should really check these links out if you haven't yet...

:beagle:"The complete interview clearly proves that the show was over-talking Mr. Black and not allowing him to complete what he was saying, then CNN cut to commercial. To become a journalist used to be an honorable TRUTH TELLING goal.":beagle:

This man!:clap:

What a blooper.
Etc.

Just I believe TB is actualy the spokeperson for JB's firm only. Just because KC is a client of JB and TB is speaking publicly about her case, doesn't make his statements those of a "party opponent." I believe the rule is based on stmts actually out of the mouth of the party opponent themselves, otherwise TB and any other person making stmts on behalf of any defendant (or party to a lawsuit for that matter) could potentially invoke the 5th if called to testify. Also, if TB was ever questioned about it, his answers would be that he was never privy to any atty-clt discussions (...would create a waiver of the privilege if it did happen).

I just think TB is merely an inexperienced PR guy (and that is really stretching it after reading his pressers) and what he said was maybe his own personal opinion slipping out ... or just his own idiocy (OF COURSE, THIS PART IS MY OWN OPINION).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back