GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Colette~ Sounds like they have the photo analyzed to me. Now they are looking for a specific person from that.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Police said they have information they hope will lead them to the killer of a television anchorwoman who died days after a brutal attack in her home. Police said they do not yet know the suspect's identity, and would not say what evidence they have linking the person to the attack on Anne Pressly, 26, who died Saturday.

~snip~

"We do have an individual. The suspect has not been arrested," police spokesman Sgt. Cassandra Davis said.

Reports last week said one of Pressly's credit cards was used Oct. 20 at a service station near downtown Little Rock. Investigators have said she may have been a robbery victim, and that her job did not appear to have had anything to do with the attack. Pressly's purse was missing the morning of the attack.

Davis said police wouldn't comment on evidence obtained so far but added, "We hope that we will be able to make an arrest from the information that we have received."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h3sRmbkYztmZI0Nrt0KBPjomlK1AD9436HS00

Yeah, I bet this means they have a face on videotape or something like that. Perhaps they know what he looks like from gas station footage.

And by the way -- no need to say "sorry" if that theoretical situation I posted doesn't gel. If it gelled completely for me, I wouldn't have posted it here for discussion. I saw some mild coincidences in a row, and thought they were worth noting -- but I'm glad I posted it here, because I was trying to avoid convincing myself, if that makes sense. Getting other opinions helps me avoid going off the rails and into weird theorizing that might be fruitless in the end :) -- I'm normally a pretty good skeptic, and can give myself my own best reality checks. Every now and then, though, you have to say 'hey, this might be nuts. Maybe it is. What do you think?'

Good job, Steve. :)

If we go with the most basic suspects here:

1) Unknown burglar
2) Stalker
3) Known acquaintence (ex, rebuffed, or current jealous male)
4) Unknown predator (sexual assault gone wrong)
5) Neigbor

I can't help but think this person knew it was her home for some reason. How else would he know she would be alone and defenseless? I would like to know what the neighborhood consisted of...the ratio of singles to married people, the general age group, and also the single male population in the immediate area.

She was out the night before. Did she make any stops on the way home?

Wow, I don't see people in Chicago wear those masks that often, odd they would be in the south...

This is good news, hope they find this person before he can hurt someone else.

At least they are working on it and have someone in mind.
I really think it is just a matter of time.
I really do not see the skinhead theory but who knows. It seems like a personal attack, and I am thinking stalker.

Good job, Steve. :)

If we go with the most basic suspects here:

1) Unknown burglar
2) Stalker
3) Known acquaintence (ex, rebuffed, or current jealous male)
4) Unknown predator (sexual assault gone wrong)
5) Neigbor

I can't help but think this person knew it was her home for some reason. How else would he know she would be alone and defenseless? I would like to know what the neighborhood consisted of...the ratio of singles to married people, the general age group, and also the single male population in the immediate area.

She was out the night before. Did she make any stops on the way home?

Good Morning All~
I would like to know if Anne exercised regularly. If so, did she jog in the neighborhood?

I still stand by the theory that sexual assault will be the primary motive and robbery the secondary motive. I do realize that LE has not released whether a sexual assault occurred. However, the fact that she was beat so badly sounds to me like she put up a fight. If the purpose of the attacker being in her home was for robbery alone, I do not think she would have fought so strongly. I think her attitude would have been one of "take whatever you want and then leave".

I believe the monster who killed her, probably lives relatively close to the crime scene. Using her credit card, was an idiotic thing to do. That goes along w/ the criminal profile of a disorganized killer. (Usually disorganized killers are not very smart / below average i.q.)

Does anyone know if the attack included an object? At one time a bat had been mentioned............ If a bat was used, does anyone know if the bat belonged to Ann or was brought w/ the attacker?

I hope that today will be the day an arrest is made.

I thought I had heard somewhere or read somewhere that she exercised at a gym and they were going to check tha out.
I hope they make an arrest today also

I agree, I don't think this perp just "showed up" there. Likely she was followed home from the party.

Are their any witnesses at all in her neighborhood?
Strange car/person in the immediate area. Even in sleepy neighborhoods, the slightest noise or dog bark can alert someone, unless everyone is sound asleep.

LE announced they are close to a suspect, I just hope they have survelliance!

Wow, I don't see people in Chicago wear those masks that often, odd they would be in the south...

This is good news, hope they find this person before he can hurt someone else.

I think it might be because we don't really see cold weather in the south. So when it gets to say 30's, we think we are freezing to death. Just guessing.

There was a teenage girl almost beaten to death in my quiet and very nice neighborhood on 9/11 in Albuquerque..she was beaten about the face and head w/a shovel...everyone thought "stalker" or "domestic" at first, but mom came home for lunch early and actually saw the guy, police say if the mom hadn't come home that literally one more blow would have killed her daughter...no one knows who it is and the whole thing is turning out to be a complete mystery, this poor family never returned to their home and are moving...see link to her website below for details and sketch of perp. The only reason I mention this is that I started thinking that when my family heads back east (N.C.) to visit family, we always stop in Little Rock..it's really a straight shot from Albuquerque....just started thinking about those people that go door to door selling magazines or whatever that travel all over...I know, completely out of left field, but I had to share because these crimes against these two beautiful souls haunt me...

http://blueeyedblessing.blogspot.com/

Good Morning All~
I would like to know if Anne exercised regularly. If so, did she jog in the neighborhood?

I still stand by the theory that sexual assault will be the primary motive and robbery the secondary motive. I do realize that LE has not released whether a sexual assault occurred. However, the fact that she was beat so badly sounds to me like she put up a fight. If the purpose of the attacker being in her home was for robbery alone, I do not think she would have fought so strongly. I think her attitude would have been one of "take whatever you want and then leave".

I believe the monster who killed her, probably lives relatively close to the crime scene. Using her credit card, was an idiotic thing to do. That goes along w/ the criminal profile of a disorganized killer. (Usually disorganized killers are not very smart / below average i.q.)

Does anyone know if the attack included an object? At one time a bat had been mentioned............ If a bat was used, does anyone know if the bat belonged to Ann or was brought w/ the attacker?

I hope that today will be the day an arrest is made.

I agree. I read they were looking for an "object" early on, but that was reported, not released by LE. Being beaten about the face, head and kneck, to me, does indicate a sex assault, unfortunately.

Definately disorganized, he left her for dead. Anybody else think it's possible that's how the perp got in and the dog's got let out-
I'll take my whacks if I am wrong, but this feels targeted in that there is no forced entry, brutal, personal assault, she had 2 dogs- Isnt it reasonable to assume if someone came in the house in the wee hours they would bark, lights flick on, etc..

Who uses a stolen credit card close to the victim's house at the approximate time of the crime?
1) Someone attemtpting to make it look like a robbery.
2) Random Junkie stopped first place he saw with the card.
3) Someone that is not afraid they are going to get caught or care.

I think I gotta go back and read Huff's movie of the week possibility- something doesnt gahzinta.

Who uses a stolen credit card close to the victim's house at the approximate time of the crime?
1) Someone attemtpting to make it look like a robbery.
2) Random Junkie stopped first place he saw with the card.
3) Someone that is not afraid they are going to get caught or care.

I think I gotta go back and read Huff's movie of the week possibility- something doesnt gahzinta.

4) A disorganized offender: Someone who does not plan out the crime very well. Someone who has a below average IQ. Someone who acts rashly.

There has got to be enough forensic evidence left at the scene that LE is waiting on lab results. That combined w/ the video tape will surely render an arrest. Hopefully soon.

There was a teenage girl almost beaten to death in my quiet and very nice neighborhood on 9/11 in Albuquerque..she was beaten about the face and head w/a shovel...everyone thought "stalker" or "domestic" at first, but mom came home for lunch early and actually saw the guy, police say if the mom hadn't come home that literally one more blow would have killed her daughter...no one knows who it is and the whole thing is turning out to be a complete mystery, this poor family never returned to their home and are moving...see link to her website below for details and sketch of perp. The only reason I mention this is that I started thinking that when my family heads back east (N.C.) to visit family, we always stop in Little Rock..it's really a straight shot from Albuquerque....just started thinking about those people that go door to door selling magazines or whatever that travel all over...I know, completely out of left field, but I had to share because these crimes against these two beautiful souls haunt me...

http://blueeyedblessing.blogspot.com/

That poor girl! About those door to door people. Because of receiving so many complaints, our smallish town banned them. Other areas of the state is considering doing the same thing because there have been so many assaults and burglaries commited by them.

That poor girl! About those door to door people. Because of receiving so many complaints, our smallish town banned them. Other areas of the state is considering doing the same thing because there have been so many assaults and burglaries commited by them.

I rarely answer the door when it is them. I am always afraid that if I do not buy from them, I will be a targeted victim of crime.

4) A disorganized offender: Someone who does not plan out the crime very well. Someone who has a below average IQ. Someone who acts rashly.

There has got to be enough forensic evidence left at the scene that LE is waiting on lab results. That combined w/ the video tape will surely render an arrest. Hopefully soon.

lol, I had already agreed with you on that in the body of my post :)
I would say any one of the 3 by the nature of how this turned out would be disorganized by default.
Would add: trigged, or compulsive, could also be a person off meds for unknown reason, to add to the disorganized piece. I would love to know what video they have, I certainly hope it is conclusive.

I rarely answer the door when it is them. I am always afraid that if I do not buy from them, I will be a targeted victim of crime.

I NEVER, EVER open my door (storm doors are clear glass) without my storm locked and taught my kids the same. I live in a very rural area, I just learned alot from here! It is banned to go door to door in alot of places. It is probably not that safe for the people attempting the selling either.

I don't answer the door for them either. Well you bring up a good point. The person responsible could have come back at a later time. Below is a recent case that happened in Utah. Who knew that these door to door salesmen could make so much money?

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700255784,00.html

(snips)
A door-to-door salesman who police say attacked a 58-year-old woman in her home seemed confused Tuesday by his charge of attempted murder.

The woman was in the hospital Tuesday for facial reconstruction surgery, Kelly said. During the attack, Kelly said Mask broke five bones in her face and severely dislocated and broke her nose.

If home alone and not expecting someone....
I NEVER answer a knock. Period.
There are nuts everywhere...
You want in at our house....you'd better call first..
:snooty:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd