NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how I can find a "Cause of Death" - it was back in 1998. Thanks.

I just want to add that is IMPORTANT!!!

I know that it would be found on a death certificate but I don't think that is accessible over the internet. Could you contact the town office where the death occurred and request a copy of the certificate? It should only cost $10 or so. I am guessing that different states may have differing regulations on who a certificate can be released to. If there was an autopsy are those considered public record? If so perhaps you could request copies of that report?

I am not "for" certain but I am guessing it was in Lincoln. Onto something that could be VERY helpfuL!!!

That is a GREAT tool. I found her. But no cause of death...:furious: Could anything be easy??? :crazy:

LOL of course not! But at least you were able to confirm the town. I didn't see on the site that you need to be a family member to order the certificate it would probably take a while to get back

LOL of course not! But at least you were able to confirm the town. I didn't see on the site that you need to be a family member to order the certificate it would probably take a while to get back

I will do it tomorrow. But something STINKS to high heaven!!!!!

[snipped]

Somehow I am starting wonder if certain people are covering up for him. What if he told some BS line of a story to his "Friends" and they bought it.

Maybe they are his FAKE alibi's???? I don't think he would be getting away with this for this long with out having someone in choots with him. In this small of a town. I would LOVE to know the statements made to LE. I wonder if LE is having problems because someone did claim to be with him and his alibi and now LE has to disprove the alibi as well as Scott???

IMO, I think this is possible that a friend might help strengthen an alibi. I hope not.

This is a timeline based on news reports and rumors/hearsay - I tried to mark which is which. Comments/corrections welcome.

Friday, Sep 19th
· 8:30PM: Corrie, her boyfriend Scott, and a couple of other friends arrive at Cactus bar/tavern in Venango to celebrate Corrie’s birthday (several days early). Raul, owner of Cactus, says they arrived about 8:30PM and stayed for a couple of hours (news)
· Nebraska State Patrol: “Wood was last seen alive during the evening hours of September 19, 2008 and the early morning hours of September 20, 2008, where she was observed with friends at the Cactus Palace Bar in Venango, Nebraska.” (NSP)

Rumor/Hearsay/Unconfirmed:
· Lots of drinking at the bar, perhaps even the bartender was drinking. (rumor)
· Corrie and Scott had a fight at the bar. (rumor)
· A friend of Corrie and Scott’s (“Red”) was asked to drive Corrie home (may have been Corrie herself who asked Red). Scott told Red to have Corrie get her stuff out of their house. (rumor)
· 12:30AM - Red, Red’s boyfriend, and Corrie leave the Cactus. (rumor)
· 12:45AM? - Red’s BF was dropped off at his and Red’s house in Venango. (rumor)
· 12:45-1:15AM? - Red drove Corrie home (Grant), put her into her bed, let the dogs out because they had been in the house all day, and then left the house. (rumor)
· Note: It is about a 23 min drive from Cactus to Corrie’s/Scott’s home in Grant.
· 1:00-1:15AM – Bars in NE close at 1AM; however, owner of Cactus may have let patrons stay another 15 min or so.
· Scott drove from the Cactus to the new house he and Corrie were going to move into and went to sleep. (rumor) Note: Not sure where the new house is located – about 1 mile away from current house?
· Another rumor is that Scott told someone he went to his and Corrie’s current house but he was locked out and slept in his truck.
· 1:36AM-1:42AM - There were 9 calls made from Corrie’s phone to one of Scott’s cell phones. They started at 1:36AM and ended at 1:42AM. (rumor)

Saturday, Sep 20th
· Shortly before 10:00AM: Scott finds Corrie unresponsive/dead in their bed/home and calls authorities. Corrie was unresponsive when deputies arrived. (news)
· 10:32AM: Corrie pronounced dead in her home by Perkins County coroner (news)
· Time? Authorities on the scene unable to determine cause of death; but do not think death is suspicious and release the scene (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)

Monday, Sep 22nd
· Corrie’s birthday – she would have turned 29
· Corrie’s autopsy performed (news)
· Perkins County Attorney Rick Roberts said she died as a result of blows to her head and body and her death is being investigated as a homicide. (news)
· Nebraska State Patrol asked to assist in the investigation. (news)

Unknown Date

· Corrie’s funeral held
· Scott did not attend funeral - was asked not to attend by Corrie’s family (rumor)

Friday, Sep 26th
· Scott posts on True Crime blog (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)
“me said: The ex is a great guy and an even better father, i should know, im the boyfriend. I cant say much cause of the position im in. But know this, in time your questions will be answered. I wish i could show you my Corrie, she's an Angel on my shoulder.....”
Posted 09/26/2008 at 12:32:30 AM

Around Tuesday, September 30th
· Scott was logging into Corrie’s myspace, deleted info about Acousti Construction, deleted some comments, and deleted a friend (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)
· Scott sent nasty myspace comment to a friend of Corrie’s (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)

Monday, Oct 13:
· Scott arrested for DUI and bonded out same day/night in Keith County (confirmed by local; no link)

Vehicles:
· White 2003 Ford Expedition SUV – (hearsay that this was Corrie’s)
· White 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty pickup (hearsay that this was Scott’s)
· Gold 2004 Dodge Stratus 4-door sedan (hearsay that this was Friend/Red’s who took her home)
· Acousti Truck (not identified as being involved, for reference only) - http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Acousti.Construction.308-353-0004/picture/gallery

References:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pa...&u_sid=10440940
http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/FindFile.asp?news=1&ID=2211
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=122532&threadid=1938332
http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/29001414.html
http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9051437
http://www.northplattebulletin.com/index.asp?show=news&action=readStory&storyID=15159&pageID=24

Around Tuesday, September 30th
· Scott was logging into Corrie’s myspace, deleted info about Acousti Construction, deleted some comments, and deleted a friend (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)
· Scott sent nasty myspace comment to a friend of Corrie’s (unconfirmed/rumor/hearsay)

My source has informed me that this was verbally confirmed by Scott to a person.

Good Job Cloud, GREAT work :)

IMO, I think this is possible that a friend might help strengthen an alibi. I hope not.

Of course it could strenghthen his alibi. If 3 of them say they were with him - how could LE dispute it?? We need some of those PINGS. I hope LE is able to dubunk any lies with them. I hope they are saavy enough :waitasec:

I really believe this is now a conspiracy. And there are multiple cover ups. Nothing else makes sense to me otherwise. There is something else I would like to mention but I have to talk to source first for permission. It is obvious people are SCARED in this town because this person holds a presence of a brick SSSS house.

Scott seems to be on the ropes. He claimed on Blue Crime Hunter to be consulting a lawyer about shutting the blog down, but I don't think I believe it. If he were consulting an attorney about that, I would imagine that attorney would caution him against talking online about an ongoing murder investigation of which he was an integral part.

Scott seems to be on the ropes. He claimed on Blue Crime Hunter to be consulting a lawyer about shutting the blog down, but I don't think I believe it. If he were consulting an attorney about that, I would imagine that attorney would caution him against talking online about an ongoing murder investigation of which he was an integral part.

Spector, you are a genius :blowkiss: That is a darn good point. Any attorney worth a rip would be PISSED if their client was talking in public about an ongoing case. On the INTERNET makes it even worse! I am surprised myself that he was posting on that site.

Also, a few minutes after I made my last post, Blue Crime Hunter posted again and said that comments were disabled for the original post. BCH said that comments would be moderated from now on. BCH also appealed to Scott to stop with the drinking and driving. You should read that newest post if you haven't already.

I have worked with enough attorneys to know that no attorney would allow a client to behave the way Scott is. He is only hurting himself, and in my opinion that is a good thing.

ETA: He has since deleted all the previous comments. They were there the first time I read the newest post. At that point he had only deleted a couple.

BCH also appealed to Scott to stop with the drinking and driving. You should read that newest post if you haven't already.

I wonder if he would actually listen?? It is a good point on the drinking and driving!!

I have another interesting idea to run by my fellow WS friends. If anyone has an CSI or medical training, your input greatly need.

The EMT, Coronors etc.. they claim nothing looked suspicious and assumed it was a drug overdose. I am going to agree that I don't think anything here was done on purpose. What would be helpful is to learn exactly how long Corrie had been dead and what was the ultimate cause of death and where... Was it automatic from a head injury, was it internal bleeding in her stomach?? With a head injury my guess is there would be blood coming out of her ears?? Correct me if Im wrong. I had a friend crack her skull in an accident, with bleeding on the brain it causes blood to come out of the ear. I guess unless it was in the back? I am not a medical expert so please correct me if I'm wrong. So, if nothing was visable at the time, I am starting to think this isn't so far fetched. She might not have been dead long at all before Scott found her....who knows how long she might have layed in the house bleeding internally etc.. I am sure some intricate details are involved with this case - the blood flow, the bruising etc etc.. I will continue to do more research on this... please feel free to help out :crazy:

See below on info for bruising. Please take note of bold.

It depends on several factors, including:

1. What part of the body got the injury.

2. How hard the impact was to that part of the body.

3. The person's state of health --do they take any blood thinners even aspirin on a regular basis?

4. Is the person generally in good health?

Does the person have sound nutrition, which if not, can cause easy or much more severe bruising (bleeding under the skin) if certain vitamin and minerals are deficient.

5. Did the person who got the injury put anything like ice or other first air on the area soon after the injury?

6. The person's age. Older people generally have more thin skin, more fragile capillaries and veins, and weaker muscle tone. Therefore, they will tend to bruise more severely and easily, and the bruise will appear more quickly and take a longer time to fade away.

It is a very individual situation. One person might trip and fall into a table and hit their leg muscle hard. Let's assume they put nothing like ice on the spot, and just yelled and cursed for 20 minutes until the severe pain subsided. They could show a bruise within an hour, or if they have good strong muscles and veins, it might not start to discolor and show (although it could be very sore) for 1-3 days, even longer. The deeper the injury, often the longer it takes for the discoloration to show and the hematoma (the blue-purple coloring we see with bruises at first) to come up to the top layers so we can see it under the skin.
Some people who have great health and get plenty of vitamin C and B complex vitamins and who are in good muscular shape, don't show a bruise at all, unless they take a very hard blow in an area where the skin and muscles and vascular system is much more fragile and "thin" (the facial area for example, like around the eye). How fast a bruise shows up is very individual, and likewise, how long it takes to fade to the yellow-green colors then disappear is also very individual, based on the factors mentioned above

If you look at Corries Body shape - she looked like she was in great shape if this was her current body type:

Attachments

• corrie3.jpg
    corrie3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 90
I have intentionally not posted for awhile-I know one of Corrie's good friends and they gave me their opinion and information based on their friendships with Corrie, her friends and in particular their friend that brought her home that night. When I read the part about the conspiracy, I could not keep quiet any longer. I believe that this group(not sure if group means 2,3,4 ??)protects Scott and each other. I do believe that there are a couple people closely involved who do not know for sure but go along with the rest of their friends because they are afraid to speak up or too scared. Further, it is possible that Scott may have threatened them with death (if he is arrested and convicted)-through his associations with dangerous organizations...

Not sure but based on what I know of Scott, if he told me that if I told someone something that he wanted to remain a secret he would kill me or see to it that I ended up dead--I would believe him...

I have intentionally not posted for awhile-I know one of Corrie's good friends and they gave me their opinion and information based on their friendships with Corrie, her friends and in particular their friend that brought her home that night. When I read the part about the conspiracy, I could not keep quiet any longer. I believe that this group(not sure if group means 2,3,4 ??)protects Scott and each other. I do believe that there are a couple people closely involved who do not know for sure but go along with the rest of their friends because they are afraid to speak up or too scared. Further, it is possible that Scott may have threatened them with death (if he is arrested and convicted)-through his associations with dangerous organizations...

Not sure but based on what I know of Scott, if he told me that if I told someone something that he wanted to remain a secret he would kill me or see to it that I ended up dead--I would believe him...

PE, Thank you for posting. I REALLY and TRUELY believe it is a conspiracy -- I will have to put together another chart - the only problem is we are not to speculate who people are on WS and that isn't what I want to do except to mesh together typing styles -- pretty easy to see who people are actually. When they claim to be someone in a post - it is easy to point out the same person when they decide to post on a anonymous basis.

I have to agree about Scott. It is freaky even reading the stuff he has posted. Something about him is just plain creepy and I think he would follow through on some threats. Surely, he could have help with his white supremicists, jail buddies and who else knows who...

Patriot, thanks for posting this. That sounds very likely, that some know things and are afraid to speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken