Decomp smell **REVISIT**

Because we ARE different. A dead dog smells like a dead dog and a dead human, from what I can determine, smells like a dead human, or as my daughter keeps correcting me, a cadaver-she says they are no longer humans but have transformed into cadavers, which is what we as humans become at death. She says it is life that makes us human and it is death that makes us cadavers.

When we were searching Monday........
We got a whiff of decomposition...............
I was not close to what was found..................
I do not know what is was, but I can tell you I gag and had to run up to the street because the smell was so bad.....................I was not the only searcher who did this. I do not care if it was animal or human I will never forget that smell or feeling of gagging.

When we were searching Monday........
We got a whiff of decomposition...............
I was not close to what was found..................
I do not know what is was, but I can tell you I gag and had to run up to the street because the smell was so bad.....................I was not the only searcher who did this. I do not care if it was animal or human I will never forget that smell or feeling of gagging.
Sounds horrible! Thank you for your courage to search chesterp. Did you ever find out anything about the find? What it was? Were you searching around Sunderson?

Sounds horrible! Thank you for your courage to search chesterp. Did you ever find out anything about the find? What it was? Were you searching around Sunderson?

I do not know where I was except under 417. I am not from Orlando so the street names do not mean a thing to me. I do not think we will ever find out what it was unless it is something significant from the MEDIA. All I know is the person who found it had to sign a slip with his info and it was bagged and tagged. I am quite sure it was not Caylee......... but I do not know what it was.

I do not know where I was except under 417. I am not from Orlando so the street names do not mean a thing to me. I do not think we will ever find out what it was unless it is something significant from the MEDIA. All I know is the person who found it had to sign a slip with his info and it was bagged and tagged. I am quite sure it was not Caylee......... but I do not know what it was.

You wrote, "under 417". Unless I missed it earlier, are you suggesting this was underneath an overpass?

I'd like to post a couple of overpasses and see if they look familiar....coming.

You wrote, "under 417". Unless I missed it earlier, are you suggesting this was underneath an overpass?

I'd like to post a couple of overpasses and see if they look familiar....coming.

I would not recognize anything the find was not under the Overpass we were in the woods about 25ft....and when the smell was released we ran over to the overpass. I wish I knew where I was I think it was between a ravine and I did see Curry Ford Rd (I think) when we let if that makes any sense.

I would not recognize anything the find was not under the Overpass we were in the woods about 25ft....and when the smell was released we ran over to the overpass. I wish I knew where I was I think it was between a ravine and I did see Curry Ford Rd (I think) when we let if that makes any sense.

OK...if you can hang justamin I'd like to post a few images to see if they look familiar...OK?

To narrow it down just a little. Do you remember being near some large power line towers?

Loading to Photobucket now...justanother min...

Anything remotely familiar in any of these?

Slide1-3.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide1-4.jpg

Here's a view looking East now with the overpass in the very lower right-hand corner...see any landmarks?

If by "ravine" you mean drainage ditch...the second image below shows the drainage ditch just to the left running towards 417. There is a patch in the middle of both of these images where there is a bit of clearing to give you a common reference point. The second image is just to the north of the first image along 417 @ Sunderson Street.

Slide1-5.jpg

Slide1-6.jpg

Here's a view looking East now with the overpass in the very lower right-hand corner...see any landmarks?

If by "ravine" you mean drainage ditch...the second image below shows the drainage ditch just to the left running towards 417. There is a patch in the middle of both of these images where there is a bit of clearing to give you a common reference point. The second image is just to the north of the first image along 417 @ Sunderson Street.

Bolded by me.

Isn't Sunderson Street where the news reported them finding something, along with a very bad smell? I think, in the end, it was cleared as animal remains found.

Bolded by me.

Isn't Sunderson Street where the news reported them finding something, along with a very bad smell? I think, in the end, it was cleared as animal remains found.

That's correct. That's how it was eventually reported.

IIRC, it was initially reported as some bags of trash found in a hole created by some trees (presumably roots) that when moved a decomp odor was reported. TES made a strange initial comment about how many times they are looking for one persons remains and find another (posted on another thread). Miller was dispatched to the site. Later it was announced to be animal remains.

Slide1-5.jpg

Slide1-6.jpg

I guess that could be the ravine...
I only heard someone say they started at the ravine....
I could not tell where the find was if it was anything.....
All I know is the smell was horrible...............
I wish I was able to help more..............
Sorry....................

I guess that could be the ravine...
I only heard someone say they started at the ravine....
I could not tell where the find was if it was anything.....
All I know is the smell was horrible...............
I wish I was able to help more..............
Sorry....................

No apologies necessary! Thanks for making the personal sacrifice to go out & search!

Sounds like a group was maybe working their way south from the ravine while you were working north toward the ravine? You don't know how far away you were from the find (e.g. 50 yards, 100 yards)? Didn't hear any description of the bags that were found (e.g. color of the bags, how many)?

Thanks again for entertaining the questions.

No apologies necessary! Thanks for making the personal sacrifice to go out & search!

Sounds like a group was maybe working their way south from the ravine while you were working north toward the ravine? You don't know how far away you were from the find (e.g. 50 yards, 100 yards)? Didn't hear any description of the bags that were found (e.g. color of the bags, how many)?

Thanks again for entertaining the questions.

No, I did not hear anything.............
I just smelled it and a lot of us ran towards the overpass to get fresh air out of the woods because the smell was horrible................ animal/body/whatever I have never smelled anything so strong from so far...

If there was any question about the confusion of smelling an animal and a human decomposing, I believe George himself cleared it up in the interviews done with the FBI. He notes that once you smell it, you never forget it, and he also notes that as he was getting ready to open the trunk of the Pontiac he prayed that it was not Caylee or Casey inside. He knows that smell and he knows what that smell means. He admits it outright. There is no confusion in his statement on THIS subject, except he tells the agent that he HAS to continue to believe that Caylee is alive to preserve his sanity...Not because he actually BELIEVES she is alive, but because that is the lie he MUST tell himself to keep from losing his mind, and to protect his wife and his son's sanity as well...

One of my dear friends is a police officer, and he says he uses Vicks for very bad cases, cases in which there is extensive decomp: in the normal case, he says the nose becomes overwhelmed with the smell very quickly, and within a couple of minutes, you aren't aware of the smell anymore.

With extensive decomp, he says the smell overwhelms even the Vicks and gets into your clothes and hair: he leaves autopsies to go home and shower and change. He has thrown away clothes he was wearing during an autopsy on a body that had been in the water for a while.....
I would be surprised, come trial time, if we don't hear from one friend atleast that a bad smell was noticed, on Casey's clothes. It would be hard for her to move the body, ride in that car and not have clothes that smelled like decomposition. In the interviews with Tony, I don't remember LE asking him if he smelled anything unusual. This would be one of those questions, I would think, they would have certainly asked. The absence of the question leads me to believe it's in an interview we haven't seen yet.

I would be surprised, come trial time, if we don't hear from one friend atleast that a bad smell was noticed, on Casey's clothes. It would be hard for her to move the body, ride in that car and not have clothes that smelled like decomposition. In the interviews with Tony, I don't remember LE asking him if he smelled anything unusual. This would be one of those questions, I would think, they would have certainly asked. The absence of the question leads me to believe it's in an interview we haven't seen yet.

In one of the interviews with TL, he mentions a black top/dress (?) and it seems as if he's trying to recall some outfit that KC was planning to wear that she later did not. As LE was on another line of questioning at the time or for whatever reason the topic didn't go any further. I wonder if there was a certain outfit that she got ready to go out with TL and ended up having to dispose of because she dumped Caylee on her way to TL's. Does anyone know if there was any further info about TL's recollection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back