Anthony Family Inconsistencies #3 Obstruction charges? perjury? Mistrial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be perjury but as far as being "held against them" --- that depends on by whom. It appears to me that CA is being dishonest and deceptive, and LE has even said that she is not telling all she knows. What she says on camera is being processed by the public (and LE) and does not cast her in a very flattering or honest light. The public is outraged and furious with the show this family is determined to play out. Blogs are full of hatred for them - I am not saying that is right, but the A's have brought that all on themselves.

I think what George, Cindy, Casey, and Lee say on camera paints them in exactly the light they deserve. No one else puts words in their mouths. What they say are their own indictments. Should what they say now before trial become an issue of veracity during the trial, they have no one else to blame. I agree with you wholeheartedly. They brought this upon themselves. I wish them no ill, but at every turn they have laid those pavers that will lead them to the quagmire. Off you go, then, Anthony's. There was another path.

I don't think their objective with all these shennanigans is to create a mistrial. They don't have that ability or power at this stage.
They are attempting to play with the trial by creating MiraclesHappen that Caylee is deceased.
My opinion is that they should have memorized the phrase :"No comment" long ago.
They should have been tutored in that phrase by their daughter's attorney who also has some kind of strange inability to utter those 2 words.

It seems the only time they have no comment is when it is to tell us all where we could be looking for an alive Caylee. That is a big secret.
We have the tag number of the vehicle with Caylee in it but it is a secret. The state of issue of the license plate is a secret....and on and on and on.....

The fact that the public is being given credit for a failing IQ which is almost brushing idiot level is NOT helping to create reasonable doubt and has gotten annoying in the best light.

I am not bashing the A's here. I am fed up with their actions and I have more empathy for the lawyer who attempted to give them a "soft side" and to garner sympathy for them, MN, than I have for the A's.

Hi MH I found you :blowkiss:
I agree they may be going after reasonable doubt, not a mistrial: in either case the objective is to save Casey. While they may not have the power they do have the drive to manipulate the situation, and they have.
Not giving a garment of Caylees to the hundreds of volunteers that came to find her, is appalling, cleaning a car, and having LE experience is clearly a plan, talking about a live Caylee is only about circumventing. George has even said the body that was in the car was NOT his granddaughters: :eek:
how does he know that? was there another body in there?:bang:
They are annoying, and I hear you - it does get to a point that you can not feel sorry for them...

BUT...again, as a MOM I have no idea what I would do to save my kid.
I may even lose my mind like they have. They are going to be in deep chit. Casey will go away but something tells me that they may not just get a slap on the wrist for all they have done.

Hi MH I found you :blowkiss:
I agree they may be going after reasonable doubt, not a mistrial: in either case the objective is to save Casey. While they may not have the power they do have the drive to manipulate the situation, and they have.
Not giving a garment of Caylees to the hundreds of volunteers that came to find her, is appalling, cleaning a car, and having LE experience is clearly a plan, talking about a live Caylee is only about circumventing. George has even said the body that was in the car was NOT his granddaughters: :eek:
how does he know that? was there another body in there?:bang:
They are annoying, and I hear you - it does get to a point that you can not feel sorry for them...

BUT...again, as a MOM I have no idea what I would do to save my kid.
I may even lose my mind like they have. They are going to be in deep chit. Casey will go away but something tells me that they may not just get a slap on the wrist for all they have done.

Oh I agree Songline.
I also think the A's may continue to be less "guarded" in their actions and announcements because they think they are getting away with things that will come back to haunt them.

*(snipped)
They are attempting to play with the trial by creating reasonable doubt that Caylee is deceased.
My opinion is that they should have memorized the phrase :"No comment" long ago.
They should have been tutored in that phrase by their daughter's attorney who also has some kind of strange inability to utter those 2 words.

It seems the only time they have no comment is when it is to tell us all where we could be looking for an alive Caylee. That is a big secret.
We have the tag number of the vehicle with Caylee in it but it is a secret. The state of issue of the license plate is a secret.(snipped)

The fact that the public is being given credit for a failing IQ which is almost brushing idiot level is NOT helping to create reasonable doubt and has gotten annoying in the best light. (respectfully snipped)

Thanks MH, I enjoy your logic,I also agree...:blowkiss:but also in the tragedy of losing their grandbaby, they are creating some big financial opportunities for themselves. Casey cannot profit, but as grandparents writing a book and giving interviews C&G can. I think it is one of the reasons they keep themselves in the limelight with *new sightings*. and interviews on various shows. IMO they are capitalizing on a sensational story.

However, I don't think this is path they would have consciously chosen to make $$, but it was dumped on them so they are using it. Otherwise they might lose any financial stability they had. it is a very high price to pay and just looking at Cindy I can see how the stress/guilt is eating her....she probably couldn't shut-up now.

Thanks MH, I enjoy your logic,I also agree...:blowkiss:but also in the tragedy of losing their grandbaby, they are creating some big financial opportunities for themselves. Casey cannot profit, but as grandparents writing a book and giving interviews C&G can. I think it is one of the reasons they keep themselves in the limelight with *new sightings*. and interviews on various shows. IMO they are capitalizing on a sensational story.

However, I don't think this is path they would have consciously chosen to make $$, but it was dumped on them so they are using it. Otherwise they might lose any financial stability they had. it is a very high price to pay and just looking at Cindy I can see how the stress/guilt is eating her....she probably couldn't shut-up now.

if lets say oh the feds (or LE) come calling for a wee bit of "mis truths" and not giving evidence when requested....and they, oh lets just say, get a change of address to the land of Fed Pen....what would happen to that "book" deal???

(ca knew what she was doing with the brush---she actually gave it to JB and was happy to do so.....)

tia

jmo

What the Anthonys have said on camera to reporters, cannot be held against them.. they are not under oath.
Perjury is a false statement made while under oath, usually in court.
And these "lies" that Cindy supposedly said to LE are not direct lies.. because she was repeating what Casey had said, or what happened to the best of her memory. LE knows this family was under stress, they do take things like that into consideration, and I don't believe it's going to be a big factor in the trial itself.
As to the lies Casey told investigators... that's a whole other topic. I doubt that she will testify in the trial. Most lawyers do not advise that.
If CA admits or commits a crime by her own statements, whether under oath or not, it can be used as an admission against interest (held against her).

one thing for sure at the trial will happen

the family will not be able to go in a "backwards kind of way" or spin things over and over and over when answering a question

the prosecution will ask them to please JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION
and the judge will DEMAND it

:woohoo:

Won't that be beautiful. I straight answer. What a concept. I'm not sure anyone in that family is capable of that.:bang:

I see KC not talking and parents perjury!!! They may be in jail also by that time.......for everything coming to light, cover up.......interferring with evidence. Someone dumb might get away with it, but an X 'homecide' detective and a 'nurse', know the rules, smell and know right from wrong.........and they did WRONG!!

They seem to have been given a free pass to do and say whatever they want. So far they are free as a bird.

During the search of the Anthony home immediately following the discovery of Caylee, it appeared that a pillow and possibly Caylee's bed spread / comforter were removed as evidence. To me, that points to the possibility that either a pillow and / or sheet were found with the body. This further suggests that KC had kept Caylee in the trunk at least one time, if not more than one time. The final time resulted in her death.

If there is an obstruction of justice charge against the Anthony's I believe it will be connected to them either knowing or strongly suspecting that KC had kept Caylee in the trunk. That does not mean they were involved in her death, nor does it mean they intended to cover up a murder.

To start with, I point to George's muttering to himself at the tow yard as he walked back to the trunk "please do not let this be my little Caylee". Perhaps that would be a normal thought for any of us to have under the circumstances he was in, or perhaps his mind knew that on at least one occassion KC put Caylee in the trunk. I may be reading more into that particular event than I should, but in hindsight it has bubbled to the surface in my thoughts.

The June 15 argument may have been connected to Cindy discovering that Caylee had been in the trunk - possibly seeing a pillow and sheet set up as a makeshift bed. It certainly would rise to the level of warranting Cindy grabbing KC by the throat and strangling her, don't you think?

Let's assume the above is true and fast forward to July 16 and the world comes crashing down due to Caylee's disappearance. By not telling LE about the June 15 argument and the reason behind it, that probably rises to the level of obstruction. They could have continued to hold on to the belief that Caylee was still alive and KC was not a murderer, but letting LE know what had happened would have helped by adding more pieces to the puzzle.

After reading this, I KNOW the ants should all be arrested!!!!!

Gosh, it looks like CA has broken all the rules then and certainly qualifies as someone that was obstructing justice. She has lied to LE, tried to influence a jury with lies and falsified and destroyed evidence.

The news stations were talking about this - I'm sure that LE has gathered eveidence on he A's - they will probably wait until after the trial - they need George to help with the timeline and Cindy and her 911 call - they might give them immunity after showing what evidence they do have on them - to testify against Casey - we'll see - should be interesting to say the least

Here is my thought I wonder if G&C will be charged before trial and then told if they tesify truthfully they will drop the charges but if they lie while on the stand they will be held on this charge as well as purjury.

I also think they took paperwork and the home computers with the last search warrent so they could prove that G&C knew more and were not telling LE therefore impeding the investigation.

If anything: I think after. The prosecution might need them for some reason.

Of course they will lie, that is what they do.
They did not lie under oath yet. But they have lied. They can still come clean on some of it.
HOWEVER: they did temper with evidence they did clean that car and wash pants and whatever else was in that trunk. NOW you can not back paddle of=n tempering with evidence;

So while they can back paddle a little there are things that can not be back paddled, and everything is recorded.

I am afraid George will sit a while too :( in hotel stay a while that is.
I hope the jury will take pity on him and let him go.
these are parents and grandparents that were faced with horror, I have no clue how I would have handled something like this, I only know that as a parent I would do what I can to help my child and not throw her under a bus.

JMHO

Oh I agree Songline.
I also think the A's may continue to be less "guarded" in their actions and announcements because they think they are getting away with things that will come back to haunt them.
Now that it seems that Caylee has been found they were advised to be totally guarded and say nothing.
I think that was good advise.

Very good Post :clap:
I do not think that they would have chosen this either.
But they do have this in their lap, sad as it is.
Writing will be cathartic for them and while it may help pay for some of the expenses, their lives will never be the same.

Casey saying her father borrowed the car and hit a squirrel leaving the bad smell
She seems to not care whom she will run over.
She should never have put George in that light.
If someone else drove her car, maybe that someone also knew more.

During the search of the Anthony home immediately following the discovery of Caylee, it appeared that a pillow and possibly Caylee's bed spread / comforter were removed as evidence. To me, that points to the possibility that either a pillow and / or sheet were found with the body. This further suggests that KC had kept Caylee in the trunk at least one time, if not more than one time. The final time resulted in her death.

If there is an obstruction of justice charge against the Anthony's I believe it will be connected to them either knowing or strongly suspecting that KC had kept Caylee in the trunk. That does not mean they were involved in her death, nor does it mean they intended to cover up a murder.

To start with, I point to George's muttering to himself at the tow yard as he walked back to the trunk "please do not let this be my little Caylee". Perhaps that would be a normal thought for any of us to have under the circumstances he was in, or perhaps his mind knew that on at least one occassion KC put Caylee in the trunk. I may be reading more into that particular event than I should, but in hindsight it has bubbled to the surface in my thoughts.

The June 15 argument may have been connected to Cindy discovering that Caylee had been in the trunk - possibly seeing a pillow and sheet set up as a makeshift bed. It certainly would rise to the level of warranting Cindy grabbing KC by the throat and strangling her, don't you think?

Let's assume the above is true and fast forward to July 16 and the world comes crashing down due to Caylee's disappearance. By not telling LE about the June 15 argument and the reason behind it, that probably rises to the level of obstruction. They could have continued to hold on to the belief that Caylee was still alive and KC was not a murderer, but letting LE know what had happened would have helped by adding more pieces to the puzzle.
bolding is mine.

If CA had knowledge since June that the tart mom kept Caylee in the trunk of her car and did not make an all out effort to find her or contact LE before July 15th, she most certainly bears responsibility for the child's death.

At this point, I do not believe that to be the case.

I did, however, just speculate in another thread that the duct tape might've been added after the child was dead as a sick way to silence her once and for all because she revealed one of KC's secrets to CA on Father's Day.

Well...regarding CA:

"dead body in the damn car!" vs "pizza"
"What have you done?" vs "Who took her?" (according to LA's interview)

There are SO many.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member