Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what gets me is the area is passed by many kids on a daily basis, going to and from school. Surely, some of those kids smelled something. I know school is not in session during the summer, kids are still prone to hang out there. Once the bag resurfaced from the water I would think the smell would be overwhelming.
Also, I am sure the area is used for potty breaks for dogs. Didn't any of the owners notice unusual behaviour in their dogs in that area? Even non scent trained dogs have a high sense of smell.

Not if the body was pretty much reduced to bone. It's the soft tissues that smell and ooze.

According to studies done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, this would be considered the "typical" disposal of a child who is murdered by his/her mother. Most are found in or very close to the home. The bodies are usually swaddled, wrapped in plastic, or submerged in water.

Very little makes sense in all of this and yes I do believe KC is responsible for Caylee's death but remember a jury must convict her on clear and convincing evidence. I just think that this could be an area where huge holes are poked in the clear and convincing part. There are just simply other possibilities and that is all the defense must prove. Remember, Casey is innocent until proven guilty. Man, that was hard to type!
I totally agree and that is one reason that having found the body before the case goes to court is Paramount.
This can not be one of these cases with loose ends. they have to tie in all the lose ends. ABSOLUTELY. I think they will.

They even have to have a reason why the bag was not found sooner.
George is already thinking that it is suspicious because the search team supposedly combed the area. But Tim did say that behind the fence they could not go because of the floods.

That is exactly what Kiomarie said. Chickasaw at Suburban, which is EXACTLY where Caylee was found. Now the kid who lives near there said that the exact area where Caylee was found was knee deep in water. Knee deep is about 2 feet of water. What are the chances that a plastic bag couldn't be seen in the small amount of water?

Pretty good, since the water was full of mud and sludge.

whoops, its over now,,,,dateline re run...story of mylife, day late and a dollar short. sorry guys

I caught it last night. Or TRIED to! It was on at 10:00 here. It was pretty good but not really anything new or that we don't already know. I still wanted to see it since I work and never get a chance to catch the news. DH is home and he talks, talks, talks. So I put on closed captioning so I can at least read what they are saying. He ends up standing in FRONT of the TV playing with the dog and I can't see it. So I sit on the floor with my nose pressed up against the TV and he decides to mess with the wires and the TV picture goes off! Aaawwwww!!! Ggrrrrrrr!!! D*mn DH!!!!

I think Casey Anthony knew how to mimic being a good mother when it behooved her. I dont believe deep in her heart she was good at all but resented Caylee.

imoo

Just like, which is it, psychopath, sociopath? That don't really have any emotions but are able to mimic them and thus appear "normal".

Does anyone really believe if the search warrant has been made public, not one single news organization would have reported on what exactly it says? Of course he hasn't seen the search warrant.

If someone moved the body after Casey was arrested, why on earth wouldn't they have found a spot further from the A's house? I would imagine if anyone could get to wherever the body supposedly was before and move it, they would take it to another state, not down the street a few hundred feet.

THAT'S what kills that idea for me. Why not drive it to Alligator Lake Underhill with a freeway running over the middle of it?

mm, i have three dogs and two cats.
2 oreck vac
1 sears vac
1 shop vac
1 hand held oreck vac
that is 5 vacs and my floors are still dirty (they don't run themselves)[/quote]

Me too! I've thought of getting a Roomba, they run themselves, but I think one pass across my floor would clog it up with dog hair and it would die!

one thing for sure the antfam is gonna have to go buy a new vac.

For anyone wanting to know the weather in Orlando ...

From July 1st to July 30th 2008
Month to date precipitation was 7.35 inches

From Aug 1 thru 30th 2008
Month to date precipitation 10.67 inches

You can find this info here:
http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I know there was a reporter on NG last night (the woman) who was shaking her head no when someone said that area was under water when TM tried to search there. I tend to believe the above website over a reporter. :)

That's a LOT of H2O!

If the fence was up, LE can't just walk into someone's private property and search without probable cause. And TM seems to respect and work with LE, so once the fence was up, he'd follow that also.

If you look at the map - there are so many acres and acres of woods...what would make the searchers think this tiny piece (with a fence) is worth making a hupla over if there are tons of other places?

It was good fortune that a random bystander decided to trespass ha.

You know, we keep assuming that KC was trying to hide this so wwell, but I really do not think she was. This spot makes sense to me, its somewhere where she could keep an eye on it. KC thought that everyone would buy the kidnap story and would be off trying to find a live Caylee, she did not need to hide the remains well. Just my .02 cents...

Not Too Strange, not strange at all considering...
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nat...,2226088.story
--released July jail visitation Videos--
"It still feels like she's, she's close to home," Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony in a recorded telephone conversation in July "That's still my best feeling at the moment.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18204436/detail.html
July 28
When Lee questioned where to search for her missing daughter, she told him locally and said their mom, Cindy, would know."Check places locally Lee, in all honestly, places that are familiar to us, to our family," Casey said.

According to studies done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, this would be considered the "typical" disposal of a child who is murdered by his/her mother. Most are found in or very close to the home. The bodies are usually swaddled, wrapped in plastic, or submerged in water.

i like this, KC was just typical - nothing special.

now how about typical scenarios for kidnappers, i bet it is nothing like this?

Amen sista.

They don't call it spin for nothin.

What made it such an utter quagmire was the lengths her own family went to with the spin. In the same breath that they complain of being villified in the media they are on national news shows saying the exact oposite of what they told LE on tape and under oath.

This was a simple case of first degree murder with a spin unlike any I have ever seen in my life! Like I said earlier... the chic is going down for this. She left the perfect trail for LE to drive this one home. Absolutely. (if I were prosecution I would make ample use of that word in the trial!)

This bee my opinion, too!

Sure would be nice if someone local could (later on) actually video this area for us........to me it appears there might be a 'ditch' between the road & where the new fence was set.

If the 30lb. bag was first tossed into the ditch, flood waters could have floated it up & closer to the road, esp. as the bag became lighter......I doubt this bag weighs 10 lbs now :mad:

When seeing the area on TV, I had the same thought, Dot, it does look like there is a ditch there. which is not unusual here in FL, since most places don't really have a sewer system. I remember when I lived in PA, there were sewers on the side of the road for water from when it rains. But in FL, at least where I live, there aren't sewers but ditches along the sides of the roads for water run off, so it doesn't flood the streets.

If, by your words 'Anyone with half a brain can see Casey did this and did it on purpose' you are referring to premeditated murder, then I guess I must have only half a brain!

Nothing that I have read so far from the evidence and facts proves that Caylee was intentionally murdered, or that it was her mother that did it.

We have seen some evidence that supports the prosecution's case. We have naturally been shown very little of the evidence that would weaken their case. There is a selective process here, for obvious reasons. We have also had the benefit? of media sensationalism and often creative and selective reporting. If you take these juicy tit-bits and spin them around in a melting pot of rampant imagination and human emotions, it is not surprising that many people are already convinced that KC intentionally murdered her own child. But that does not make it a fact!

So I will contradict your statement by saying that anyone with half a brain knows that you need all the facts and evidence before you will see that KC did this and did it on purpose.

If KC DIDN'T do it, how did she overlook a decomposed body, in the trunk of he car, for a week or so?

See now I heard that as indignation from KC..As IF! her own mother would think that she could possibly be involved in something happening to Caylee.
When CA made that third call to 911, I heard a loud and distinct <click> as the light went on in her mind. She knew at that moment, for the first time that this was real bad stuff. jmho of course !

I agree. I think she was straight, in the first 911 call. THEN, something clicked. That's when he spin began.

The body wasn't found in the woods behind the school. The school is a bit to the east. Down the street a bit.

Clearly and as you stated in another comment, it is the first wooded spot one would come to after making a right turn from Hopespring Drive onto Suburban Drive.

Ground images from WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18254489/detail.html

Aerial images from WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/mostpopular/18254177/detail.html

The location of the discovery site in relation to the board fencing of the property located on the corner of Hopespring and Suburban is obvious from the photos, especially when compared to Google maps which shows the position of the board fence.

And thank you for retrieving the link to the map from WESH.

The confusion remaining over the location of the discovery site baffled me enough to come out of lurker mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member