• Death Penalty is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 184 50.4%
  • Life in Prison is Appropriate in This Case

Votes: 181 49.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she would be put in Starke prison- where Couey is. A good friend of mine- well his daugher made a boo boo and was convicted of murder and was sent to Starke 4 yrs ago- I asked why she wasnt sent to the female prison in Ocala and I cant remember right now the reason they gave-but it is possible she could go to ocala- guess it depends but i dont know what it depends on

Understand. How about those that that have killed 2 or 3?

I don't think it is a matter of numbers.

Women on death row for killing only ONE child

Debra Jean Milke, Arizona, killed her 4 yr. old son

Patricia Blackmon, Alabama, daughter 2 yr. old

Veronica Gonzalez, California, tortured and killed her 3-yr. old niece

Latisha Pulliaman, Illinois, strangled the neighbor's 6-yr.-old

Nicole Diar, Ohio, murdered her 4-yr.-old son

Michelle Tharp, Pennsylvania, 7 yr. old daughter

Cathy Henderson, Texas, kidnapped and murdered a 3-month-old she was babysitting

Teresa Lewis, Virginia, killed her stepson

There are MORE women on death row for killing kids. These are the women there for JUST killing ONE child. The bottom line is, you don't get to kill even ONE child...even IF the child is your own...without risking YOUR life.

DP.

I don't want the public (read: you and I) to waste any more $ on her than it has already. I would much rather take those funds to rehabilitate/provide counseling/job coaching for someone that would actually benefit. I have no compunction to be a bleeding heart for this heinous, gloating baby-slayer.

I also want to send a message to other young moms that think their kids are no more than armcandy like Paris Hilton's chihuahua.

And that is MY opinion.

I'm torn.

I live in a country where DP is not an option, but I am certainly not opposed to it.
We have the ridiculous situation where "Life" often means far less, and there are examples of perps released to kill again!!

Here I hope LWOP is a minimum, and my vote was for that because I am on the side that argue death is an easier option. But I've read, and see a lot of merit in DP now. Provided there is a lengthy prison time first. That does seem to be what happens with DP. Years of appeals etc.
Can anybody give me an idea of average time from sentence to the actual execution in Florida?

I'm an American through and through, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death". Since I would rather die then spend my life in prison, I want her to spend her life in prison. And, I don't want her to have the satisfaction of people fighting to keep her off death row.
When she is convicted, I will send the State of Florida some $ each year for keeping that "huge waste".

I'm an American through and through, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death". Since I would rather die then spend my life in prison, I want her to spend her life in prison. And, I don't want her to have the satisfaction of people fighting to keep her off death row.
When she is convicted, I will send the State of Florida some $ each year for keeping that "huge waste".
I'm not an American, but that's just an accident of birth.

I admire the attitude and spirit etc.

I hear what you say, but rather KC experiencing satisfaction, don't you think she might suffer? Whereas death is a "release" in some sense.

I want to preface this by stating that I have no ethical, moral, or religious objections to the death penalty per se.

I do have considerable reservations about its use.

I think it is of note that most of the discussion in this thread relates to the appropriateness of the death penalty as regards the heinous nature of the crime, i.e. the death of an innocent child. It naturally leads to the topic of punishment as retribution vs. punishment as dissuasion, vs. incarceration to protect society, and is an excellent one to pursue.

But that isn't what I want to address.

I believe that it is better for some guilty to go unpunished, or at least less punished than for the innocent to be punished. This is the core reasoning behind the concept of "reasonable doubt".

In the case of the death penalty this idea needs to be taken even further. Reasonable doubt does not suffice. The problem is that once executed the judgement cannot be taken back. There is no "Whoopsy, sorry about that!"

I feel that the death penalty requires ... no, demands absolute, 100% certainty. Not 'beyond reasonable doubt". The problem here is the difficulty of determining that certainty. No amount of circumstantial evidence can provide it. No number of "eyewitnesses" can provide it. Even confessions have been shown, often, to be in error.

I ask anyone who supports the death penalty to answer one simple question.

How many innocent people is it okay for our legal system to put to death?

If your personal answer is a non-zero one then please follow with the percentage of erroneous executions that you do believe to be acceptable. Is one innocent death out of a thousand guilty all right? How about one out of a hundred?

We can pursue discussion on that basis. Perhaps it is O/T here. Perhaps not.

If your answer is zero then please consider in that light opinions you may have posted here.

I would enjoy conversation on the topic of achieving that 100% certainty. Again, perhaps O/T, perhaps not.

DP.

I don't want the public (read: you and I) to waste any more $ on her than it has already. I would much rather take those funds to rehabilitate/provide counseling/job coaching for someone that would actually benefit. I have no compunction to be a bleeding heart for this heinous, gloating baby-slayer.

I also want to send a message to other young moms that think their kids are no more than armcandy like Paris Hilton's chihuahua.

And that is MY opinion.

Actually, I think it has been proven that the death penalty costs the public more than life in prison without parole does. So my preference would be the latter - as long as we can be assured that she is never going to be able to walk out the prison door.

Do you think that with all the notoriety this case has, we get some sort of docunmentary every 6 months or so of "Life behind bars" for KC.
LWOP, and we get to see how miserable she is every 6 months?

Do you think that with all the notoriety this case has, we get some sort of docunmentary every 6 months or so of "Life behind bars" for KC.

Well - it's something to ask Santa for, I guess.......................

Maybe they'll put up a webcam.

Maybe they'll put up a webcam.
That's what I was really hoping for, but thought I might get in troub for suggesting it!

It would have to be more reliable that the FOX35 one at the house. Since finding out about it, it's never on!! I missed a lot of the really hectic days.

My emotions dictate that KC should receive the same DP fate as Caylee, while my conscience is quite comfortable with LWOP. I do agree that there has to be certainty of guilt for the DP, more so than the reasonable doubt standard. There is an abundance of circumstantial evidence but not in the critical areas connecting the dots -- as far as we know today. This is a heinous capital crime but the perpetrator cannot be rehabilitated and the DP is just an easy out -- after countless appeals and risk of being stayed or commuted.

I'm torn.

I live in a country where DP is not an option, but I am certainly not opposed to it.
We have the ridiculous situation where "Life" often means far less, and there are examples of perps released to kill again!!

Here I hope LWOP is a minimum, and my vote was for that because I am on the side that argue death is an easier option. But I've read, and see a lot of merit in DP now. Provided there is a lengthy prison time first. That does seem to be what happens with DP. Years of appeals etc.
Can anybody give me an idea of average time from sentence to the actual execution in Florida?

I read somewhere, just recently, that the average time from conviction until the execution is carried out, is 13 years.

I voted NO DP, I think she should live out the rest of her life behind bars. I believe death would be the freedom she does not deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487