Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I just HAD to do it. :D

OK, why specifically to LEE? Not CA, GA, Yuri, the forensics team, ME, etc.

Why to LEE?

And why not to Lee at Hopespring?

It is evident that this anonymous sender wanted authorities to see it.

Maybe it didn't get picked up as it was something like, "I know you helped plant Caylee there, Lee. You'll pay..."

Like it was a threatening letter to Lee you mean? I can see that, but why the "unknown person" part. And, if it was a threatening letter, don't you think the media would love to report on that? The media is constantly trying to be the first ones to be 'in the know'.

Wonder if it came from JW and everyone decided it was wacky?!

Wait a second! What if it really was JW and she hand delivered it the same day she showed the pictures at the remains site? What am I missing here?

Probably a letter from GSJ to Lee, telling him she had a video of the area, she was there in August (?) and didn't see anything. Then a copy of the letter was sent anonymously to LE, etc.

See, to me, I can't understand why anything would be turned over anonymously UNLESS it is something you don't want to come back to you, something incriminating.

The fact that it appears the media never reported on it, leads me to believe that someone in LE asked them not to. Which then, makes me think that it might be important to the case.

See, to me, I can't understand why anything would be turned over anonymously UNLESS it is something you don't want to come back to you, something incriminating.

The fact that it appears the media never reported on it, leads me to believe that someone in LE asked them not to. Which then, makes me think that it might be important to the case.

...or you are family (Lee)....and you don't want the rest of the family know that you sent it.

Wait a second! What if it really was JW and she hand delivered it the same day she showed the pictures at the remains site? What am I missing here?

OMG, I think you just figured it out!

Let's talk this out.

Joy gives or leaves a letter to Lee stating there was no water, blah, blah and she can prove it with pics, blah, blah.

Either 2 things happened after that. 1. she had already cc'd the letter to the media and Sheriffs office, kind of like, you better pay attention to me or else or 2. Lee read the letter that she gave him and either he or cindy made sure the Forensic Unit got it.

OMG, I think you just figured it out!

Let's talk this out.

Joy gives or leaves a letter to Lee stating there was no water, blah, blah and she can prove it with pics, blah, blah.

Either 2 things happened after that. 1. she had already cc'd the letter to the media and Sheriffs office, kind of like, you better pay attention to me or else or 2. Lee read the letter that she gave him and either he or cindy made sure the Forensic Unit got it.

Yes. And... JW being 'closely' associated with Hoover (smirk), might also have mentioned the video tape in same letter.

Keep going...

Yes. And... JW being 'closely' associated with Hoover (smirk), might also have mentioned the video tape in same letter.

Keep going...

Okay, so, if I have this right, the letter that was addressed to Lee, I'm wondering if it was in an envelope. So this letter addressed to Lee, was put in an envelope and MAILED to the forensic unit. I wonder if it was signed by the person who originally sent it to Lee.

But JW is friends w/ CA, so why anon?

I don't get it.

To avoid getting Hoover in poo for the video tape?

No idea, just tossing stuff out here.

The other idea I am liking came from ECS elsewhere. He wonders if a copy of a letter to Lee from KC might have been copied and sent along, with specifics about the remains site. That one would support why LE kept a lid on it.

Hope ECS jumps in here with his theory, because it is interesting.

Here's a thought..........LE was IN the house on 12/11. If there was a letter there, it wasn't on the SW, right? Hmmmm.

Ok....here's my speculation on it.

It's weird that this pops up in the middle of a forensics report that has nothing to do with anything.

How about this theory. KC sent a letter to Lee A. describing exactly where she dumped the body. The letter is hand delivered to Lee via JB (possibly DC or JH). The letter is in the Hopespring house, it is shown to CA, she sends DC and JH on a mission to find the body on 11/15/08. Someone got a hold of the letter and photocopied it (maybe DC, more likely JH, maybe Mallory or even GA). They send the letter anonymously to OCSO and a person in the media (say Kathi B). OCSO calls KB and asks her to keep the letter quiet for a while (she complies cause she doesn't want her career going down in flames for one scoop). Now notice who JH went to with the tape....WFTV...legal analyst BIll Sheaffer. It all adds up, the only problem is proving it without seeing the letter.

That's my theory....tear it apart!

It's weird that this pops up in the middle of a forensics report that has nothing to do with anything.

How about this theory. KC sent a letter to Lee A. describing exactly where she dumped the body. The letter is hand delivered to Lee via JB (possibly DC or JH). The letter is in the Hopespring house, it is shown to CA, she sends DC and JH on a mission to find the body on 11/15/08. Someone got a hold of the letter and photocopied it (maybe DC, more likely JH, maybe Mallory or even GA). They send the letter anonymously to OCSO and a person in the media (say Kathi B). OCSO calls KB and asks her to keep the letter quiet for a while (she complies cause she doesn't want her career going down in flames for one scoop). Now notice who JH went to with the tape....WFTV...legal analyst BIll Sheaffer. It all adds up, the only problem is proving it without seeing the letter.

I like your theory because I feel strongly that someone within that household (or had close ties) sent that letter. I'm still even wondering if Lee sent it himself.

Holy frozen brastraps, Batman!! (sorry...couldn't resist)

That's what I meant, except for if it wasn't on the SW, then LE couldn't take it from the house, but, hey, a copy could anonymously show up at the office through the mail.

I think we are on to something!

Hmmmm.....my imagination is going in all sorts of directions, and I'm not trying to imply that LE did anything underhanded because I honestly don't believe they did, BUT in a not so perfect world...here's a scenerio... LE could have retrieved that letter from the Anthony house during the Dec. search, photocopied it while the search was still going on - leaving the letter in the household, and claiming later that it was sent anonomously. Okay...sorry...my brain took off in a convoluted direction!

I like your theory because I feel strongly that someone within that household (or had close ties) sent that letter. I'm still even wondering if Lee sent it himself.

The way I read the statement in the forensics report....the original letter was addressed to LA. These were copies of that letter, so it could of been sent by anyone that had access to the letter to copy it.

Probably a pretty short list.

I also think this may be a slick way of letting the defense know that they've got a letter from their client describing where she dumped the body. Might even cause someone to have stomach pains bad enough to go to the hospital. KWIM? This also might explain Ms KC's reaction when the body was found "This can't be happening"....because I told them where to find the body and they were supposed to move it. I guess KC's description wasn't good enough for DC and JH to find.

Ok, let's not assume it was in the A. house to begin with and LE was constrained by the SW. Lee didn't live there at the time, so let's wonder aloud if someone saw it at Lee's house.

Also, due to Lee's business communications, it'd be a safe bet to guess he has either a printer or fax machine that does copies. See the letter, whip it through the copier/fax and voila!

I'm liking this whole theory.

LE on why Lee is treated differently: "He knows what he has done."

Kept the letter to himself?

The way I read the statement in the forensics report....the original letter was addressed to LA. These were copies of that letter, so it could of been sent by anyone that had access to the letter to copy it.

Probably a pretty short list.

I also think this may be a slick way of letting the defense know that they've got a letter from their client describing where she dumped the body. Might even cause someone to have stomach pains bad enough to go to the hospital. KWIM? This also might explain Ms KC's reaction when the body was found "This can't be happening"....because I told them where to find the body and they were supposed to move it. I guess KC's description wasn't good enough for DC and JH to find.

Yep...I'm still thinkin' Lee (because he couldn't have it on his conscience anymore, but wasn't man enough to tell his family he was going to show it to LE). I really feel like this letter COULD have been written by the little PERP whose sittin' in Orange Co. Jail

If Kronk had called the Anthony's tip-line as well as LE, an A Camp anonymous sender (like Lee) would have Kronk's contact info and could have sent a copy of the letter to him as well, right ?

Ok, let's not assume it was in the A. house to begin with and LE was constrained by the SW. Lee didn't live there at the time, so let's wonder aloud if someone saw it at Lee's house.

Also, due to Lee's business communications, it'd be a safe bet to guess he has either a printer or fax machine that does copies. See the letter, whip it through the copier/fax and voila!

I'm liking this whole theory.

LE on why Lee is treated differently: "He knows what he has done."

Kept the letter to himself?

Could have been Lee but I'm more leaning toward JH. He would have had access to the letter because I'm sure that CA ended up with it. He seems like a CYA kind of guy seeing as how fast he turned turtle on the video. The other thing to remember about the SW. If LE found this letter while searching for other evidence in the SW, all it would take would be a phone call to a judge to get it included. That search warrant on 12/11 was broad enough that they could have been looking through letters and papers and found it. If that was the case, there would be no need for an anonymous letter. It would have just been seized by LE.

Now imagine you're a defense attorney going throught the docs given to you last Thursday and you see an off the wall reference to a letter written to Lee and then sent to LE anonymously knowing that your client wrote a letter to her brother explaining where she dumped the body. It was bad enough when the video came out (where did DC and JH get the inside info?). We might be able to speculate the answer to that now.

Now we just need a copy of the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member