Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked to see if any of her MS or FB posts or IMs had similar sentiments around June 21st 2008? i am going to look now, but wondered if anyone already had.....

Here are just a few eerie similarities:

Casey's Diary of Days: "Tomorrow is a brand new day."

Diary entry-" Every day is a brand new beginning."

Diary entry: "I have no regrets..."

Casey's photobucket: "Regret nothing, deny everything"

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ons/th3768.png

LOL. Seems like it.

Ya know something else that has always amused me is... in the entire state of Florida, what are the chances that such an unimaginable warped person like Casey would by chance pick up the phone at the jail to dial a random attorney and wind up with JB who seems to be just like her? Laws of attraction I guess.

:D Oh, those pesky laws do seem to be conforming to the laws of nature, don't they?

Did KC confirm in an interview with GA that she got JB's number from another inmate during intake? I can't recall, but that was the sotry out there at the beginning.

I really hope that they can determine when it was written, as it would be a "BOMBSHELL!" as Nancy Grace likes to say.

The one thing that bothers me is, why on earth would she go home (keep in mind by this time she was "living" with Tony) just so she could write an incriminating diary entry? It just seems a little off to me.

In regards to the handwriting comparisons there is one glaring difference that I see. Her police report is almost completely printed, whereas the journal is sort of a half-cursive/half-printed. If we are looking for differences, then it is an easy one to spot, and another opportunity for the defense to say that she wrote differently in '03, and now prints everything. We would need many more samples, though, to make that final deduction.

The idea of this diary entry being a "confession" of sorts, is intriguing, but I don't see this as being an important part of the prosecution's case. These are experienced prosecutors and they have to know that, with the '03 glaring at them on the facing page, this will get shot down in court.

This is what is so frustrating about this case. We have all of this circumstantial evidence that leads to the fact that KC did, in fact, cause the death of her daughter, BUT there are still a lot of holes for the defense to get through. I'm still bracing myself for the fact that she will probably not be convicted of anything as harsh as I think she should.

You're right, Celt. The "diary of days" will be much more compelling and useful, IMO.

In regards to the handwriting comparisons there is one glaring difference that I see. Her police report is almost completely printed, whereas the journal is sort of a half-cursive/half-printed. If we are looking for differences, then it is an easy one to spot, and another opportunity for the defense to say that she wrote differently in '03, and now prints everything. We would need many more samples, though, to make that final deduction.

I would imagine the police asked her to print so it would be easier to read. Most documents ask that. That's why you have to print and then sign your name.

Exactly. At the time of the entry she wasn't having to explain anything. KC wasn't just living 2 different lives, she was living about five of them. The entry reads to me as if she's comforting and calming herself. I do this whenever I get freaked out or scared. I tell myself everything will be ok. She had to do that some how because when Tony got home, she had to play the happy housewife and the two wouldn't mix.

I don't view this as a confession at all. It's clearly not. But it does coincide with her waking up with night sweats and terrors, her daughter missing, her partying and it's her own words telling that something was obviously wrong.
Yup, that's why she was just "a little bit worried" (that the body would be found), but trusts herself that she made the right decision(in killing Caylee).
Red bolding mine.

I have gone through the property sheets listing items seized from the Anthony home during the two searches (Dec. 11 and Dec. 20) and the diary or anything remotely like it is not listed.
I agree.

I can find no record of the diary being seized. Even though there are such minor items listed.

(However, always a nagging doubt that the released information is not comprehensive).

I really hope that they can determine when it was written, as it would be a "BOMBSHELL!" as Nancy Grace likes to say.

The one thing that bothers me is, why on earth would she go home (keep in mind by this time she was "living" with Tony) just so she could write an incriminating diary entry? It just seems a little off to me.

Hi, yeknomaras. (love your name, btw!) While I'm bracing for the possibility that this really may be a 2003 entry, this just smacks of Casey's personality. Write something that holds the power to decimate Cindy, while throwing LE off track. All it took was to write a little "'03" and she thinks she's out of the woods.

Casey may be out of the woods if the ink has been dated. Or she may be in deep. JMO.

I still believe that Casey is smarter (in a diabolical way) than some have thought. Most of her stupidity has been caused by trusting in her failed ability to trick those closest to her. JMO.

Hi, yeknomaras. (love your name, btw!) While I'm bracing for the possibility that this really may be a 2003 entry, this just smacks of Casey's personality. Write something that holds the power to decimate Cindy, while throwing LE off track. All it took was to write a little "'03" and she thinks she's out of the woods.

Casey may be out of the woods if the ink has been dated. Or she may be in deep. JMO.

I still believe that Casey is smarter (in a diabolical way) than some have thought. Most of her stupidity has been caused by trusting in her failed ability to trick those closest to her. JMO.
If the diary is not taken into evidence, nobody is testing ink or anything else.

As it stands as a photo and a transcript, it is not much use as evidence. Obviously more than reasonable doubt within minutes of reaching WS.

the small a's are identical, the small f's are identical, the small c's are identical, and the small s's and small k's and small n's, so are the number 2's, neither sample slants, they are both up/down- I think Casey wrote them both! My opinion is that the journal entry was written June, 21, 2008, and that the '03 was either old, or backdated by Casey as a cover-up.

I'm thinking, you know when you get a book, bible, or diary, Open the front cover of the book, the first page is usually a blank page of thicker type paper, it's just a blank page on both sides. People often write on this page, such as "Given with Love on such & such date etc."
I think this is the page we are seeing the 03 writing. Following that page would have been the actual diary pages. I think Casey tore the old entries out but left that page with the '03 writing on it. That page may even have her name written in the center of it on the other side, you know "This diary belongs to Casey Anthony".

Let's hope they are able to date it... what a nail that would be in her coffin!
If the diary is not taken into evidence, nobody is testing ink or anything else.

As it stands as a photo and a transcript, it is not much use as evidence. Obviously more than reasonable doubt within minutes of reaching WS.
Interesting point. However I did notice (maybe I missed it) that the skull was not on any evidence sheet either, yet the other bones were. Maybe they skipped out a few of the log sheets. Just a thought.

True, Hercule. Test results are key here. I can't imagine LE not going through with testing it.

True, Hercule. Test results are key here. I can't imagine LE not going through with testing it.

Exactly. Why photograph it and then release that photo to the public? If it's determined that it's of no use, then why release it to the defense team, and, consequently, the public?

If they thought enough of it to photograph it, then I think that they would've thought enough of it to test it. By releasing that photo yesterday, a large part of the people following this case went nuts. If in fact the age of that entry can be proven...wow. She's freaking toast. Premeditation, lack of remorse, sheer joy over killing and disposing of her daughter, all in one nice, neat, one page little package. Why would the SA risk messing up like that if the journal page meant nothing? Like other posters have said, it could affect the outcome of the trial.

I trust that LE has their reasons for this, and I think that there was testing done. We may not see those results until trial, though. Fine with me. I can wait for something that good.

Exactly. Why photograph it and then release that photo to the public? If it's determined that it's of no use, then why release it to the defense team, and, consequently, the public?

If they thought enough of it to photograph it, then I think that they would've thought enough of it to test it. By releasing that photo yesterday, a large part of the people following this case went nuts. If in fact the age of that entry can be proven...wow. She's freaking toast. Premeditation, lack or remorse, sheer joy over killing and disposing of her daughter, all in one nice, neat, one page little package. Why would the SA risk messing up like that if the journal page meant nothing? Like other posters have said, it could affect the outcome of the trial.

I trust that LE has their reasons for this, and I think that there was testing done. We may not see those results until trial, though. Fine with me. I can wait for something that good.
I totally agree.

It is annoying that we are not told clearly that eveything is or is not listed.

It does seem though, that this dump itemises all that was taken and NO DIARY.

I hope LE do have the diary, but it does not look like it. I have been proved "wrong" before, but all we can do is go by what we are told?

Can someone explain why they think pages were torn from this diary?

I don't dispute it...I just can't see where pages have been removed on the picture I have.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

I do see a glued and sewn binding and the endpaper is pulled away where it was glued down but no pages are removed from it.

Perhaps there is another picture I haven't seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns