Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. She should simply let Chloe suffer because her mother is once again thrown into turmoil and struggling to figure out how to just keep her head above water while the tide keeps rising.

She needs help and she's admitting that. That's a huge thing for people like Crystal. Seems to me she's always assumed that if she were to ask for help from people, she'd get slapped down. I can see why she'd think that.
Relocating can be expensive, especially if you don't have much to start with. It appears Crystal is trying to be proactive in finding her daughter, setting up headquarters and all.

Maybe it's not right, but honestly I'd rather see money go to the support of an innocent baby (Chloe) than on trucks, weddings, rings, tats, etc......

I'll add to that debs and say that often if confusion is not alleviated, it escalates to anger. And anger is VERY understandable in this situation that involves a lost little girl and the person who was to be supervising her not being honest with the authorities.

No doubt about that! Honestly, considering Haleigh is gone and nowhere to be found, I would not want Jr. staying there if I was Ronald, Misty, or Crystal. Providing Ronald and Misty have nothing to do with Haleigh's disapprearance, why would they want the little boy living in the midst of a crime scene? I can also understand Ronald not wanting to loose custody of Jr., but right now his home is not a safe place, no matter who did what with Haleigh.

I'll add to that debs and say that often if confusion is not alleviated, it escalates to anger. And anger is VERY understandable in this situation that involves a lost little girl and the person who was to be supervising her not being honest with the authorities.

Where there is deception, there will be continual conflict. Personally I can't even begin to imagine the sheer frustration of being in her shoes if I felt anyone in the investigation was not being completely, consistently cooperative, focused, and straight w LE. JMO

:parrot:

I agree 100%. I also agree that she shouldn't need donations for Chloe, that child has a father that is fully capable of supporting her.

I also want to add, I am new here, but I am just absorbed by this case. I guess maybe it is because my daughter and Haleigh are only 8 days apart in age. I find myself unable to sleep at night thinking about this poor child.
Welcome! :)

Yeah, this case eats me up too..... my youngest girl is just 3 weeks younger than Haleigh. Can't even bear to imagine what it would be like to lose her. :(

This is a very strong statement. Strongest I've seen. anyone else see this??

When a parent beats a child until the child is bloodied, that is a crime in this county and where I’m from and in New York City. Just because this is a small town, and just because this is Putnam County, there are still laws here that need to be adhered to. It’s legally and morally wrong, and he [Ronald Cummings] needs to be brought to justice.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-Ronald-Cummings-neglected-and-abused-Haleigh

From some of my past experiences, I can relate. I also work with a logical brain which at times is great, other doesn't do it.

While trying to be neutral, it seems I've generally leaned towards Crystal. I don't totally agree with the Junior "comments" but in general, it seems that what she's said is about getting her daughter back.

On the other hand, what I've heard from the other camp is more about protecting themselves.

As far as the grandparents, great grandparents etc. they need to focus on it's about Hayleigh, Junior etc. Ronald, Misty, and Crystal are adults either by marriage or age. They need to grow up.

This is a very strong statement. Strongest I've seen. anyone else see this??

Yes. She certainly is going out on a limb, isn't she? :eek:

I just hope - for both sides' sakes - she has good reason for such confidence. It makes me very nervous, and sad, because I don't see a happy answer: if she's right, then it's tragic for the kids, and if she's wrong, then the false charge is terrible and tragic for Ron and the backlash it will create onto Crystal.

I have to say that Crystals actions and reactions make more sense to me than those of RC & MC because I look at them in the context of the background here. Crystal was, in my opinion, beaten down by Ron as, for example, in the custody hearing. She was basically accused of being an unfit mother with RC insisting how he's the "better parent" whose mother would care for the children. Now her daughter disappears while his teen girlfriend who is claiming the mantle of "mother" is supposedly watching the children.

Misty "mother" can't keep her story straight about the time frame in which this little girl, her "daughter" disappeared. I also have no doubt Crystal was verbally and physically abused by RC.

While I don't understand or relate to her life I do understand her actions and reactions in this situation better than those of RC who marries the teen "mother" who doesn't know why she can't tell the same story twice, who runs around getting tatoos and flying to NY while complaining that people aren't focused enough on Haleigh. At least I see Crystal expending some energy in a positive way with this Haleighbug idea. I just think her actions make more "sense" than RC & MC's. Just my honest opinion by looking at the story logically.

Not to nit pick, but the custody judge pretty much decided Ron was the better parent, which would be why he won custody. Right?
I mean, do you really think a custody judge would give Ron the babies if he didn't feel he was the better option.

And I think Ron, once again, handled the question very well. He could have gone to give examples of her parenting, but he just left it at that. He coulda said how she missed 12 Dr appts for Haleigh, because she didn't feel like getting outta bed, coulda talked of her cocaine use while preggers with Jr, but nope he didn't say either. He could have mentioned that she skipped a court date altogether for custody, or I don't know, how many weeks did he have the children away from her before she even tried to get them back? He could actually back all that up to, just saying.

A little research goes a long way, anybody who actually reads the custody docs will see why Ron retained custody. I just don't see how a parent who does nothing financially to support their children or even provide them with proper medical care (as in taking sick ones to the Dr), is a better parent than the one is willing to provide these things.

And looking at her record of filing false charges (you know lying to LE about people to get them in trouble), eh, kinda throws her credibility out the window for me

All JMO, of course :)

I wish circumstances would just deal with trying to get Misty's time line straight. This other stuff can wait ... but "IF" they are being given evidence of abuse ... they have to pursue that. I understand that. Just too bad for everyone.

Not to nit pick, but the custody judge pretty much decided Ron was the better parent, which would be why he won custody. Right?
I mean, do you really think a custody judge would give Ron the babies if he didn't feel he was the better option.

And I think Ron, once again, handled the question very well. He could have gone to give examples of her parenting, but he just left it at that. He coulda said how she missed 12 Dr appts for Haleigh, because she didn't feel like getting outta bed, coulda talked of her cocaine use while preggers with Jr, but nope he didn't say either. He could have mentioned that she skipped a court date altogether for custody, or I don't know, how many weeks did he have the children away from her before she even tried to get them back? He could actually back all that up to, just saying.

A little research goes a long way, anybody who actually reads the custody docs will see why Ron retained custody. I just don't see how a parent who does nothing financially to support their children or even provide them with proper medical care (as in taking sick ones to the Dr), is a better parent than the one is willing to provide these things.

And looking at her record of filing false charges (you know lying to LE about people to get them in trouble), eh, kinda throws her credibility out the window for me

The Judge made a mistake.

Neither parent was fit to have these children at that time.

The Judge made a mistake.

Neither parent was fit to have these children at that time.

You may be right about that. I haven't (yet) come to that conclusion. I think for me it will depend on the circumstances of Haleigh's disappearance before I make the decision that Ron didn't deserve them either.
From what I've seen, the kids looked very happy and well taken care of, and I think in Crystal's heart she really felt the same way before this happened. But I've been wrong before so I wouldn't be too shocked if I was again. Both of them (RC and CS) have clearly used bad judgement both in the past and during this situation so neither one is an innocent victim here thats for sure. The only victim here is Haleigh. I just hope he did deserve her, because that would mean she had all the love and attention she deserved while in his care.

With that being said, I think judges usually try to stick with the lesser of 2 evils before foster placement, especially when there are no claims of physical abuse on the children. As long as one parent appears to be making an effort and trying to give their kids a good life...

hearing the other day. I'm an attorney, although a corporate not a domestic relations one, but I do know rules of evidence and standards of proof and so I feel confident in saying that the hearing was handled in an appalling and unfair manner and presents numerous grounds for appeal.

Some of what I said the other day:

"especially as I went back and read the custody rehearing where he made sure every statement he made was spun to make himself look good and Crystal look bad. Anything that had gone wrong was Crystal's fault. Even when asked about day care he said he wanted to get Haleigh in but he left some papers in Crystals car and she didn't give them back so he couldn't get her in day care.

I see a consistent pattern of deflecting any personal responsibility for anything that happens which to me ties in with his every ready response that "I was at work". I also highly doubt he has been truthful about things like his invovlement with drugs unlike Crystal who was, if anything, too truthful about everything. By that I mean she seemed completely unprepared in that custody hearing and Ron was clearly loaded for bear knowing exactly how to spin everything.

He was a great provider even though he had only just gotten a job and was living with his mother. He didn't bring Haleigh back to Crystal after the Mexican vacation but it was Crystal's fault because she had "problems" and a cocaine habit and she never really asked him to. I also saw that Crystal testified that Ron wanted her to quit her job as he didn't want his children left with a babysitter-kind of ironic and also devious as he knew then that would make her look less eligible at the custody hearing. Crystal sure isn't any brain surgeon and I don't know if she is just simple and trusting or beaten down and sort of afraid of Ron or still in love with him or what. I didn't see any evidence of her being less than truthful or else she would have dissembled about obvious negatives the way Ron did.

I noticed that Ron said he passed a drug test but the results were not there or available and the Magistrate simply took his word for it and it wasn't like he later checked because he made the decision immediately. When Ron's criminal history came up Ron immediately changed the subject to Crystals mother's criminal history and his was never discussed or put in the record but the Magistrate did take Crystals mothers records that Ron convieniently brought. This hearing is a textbook example of why someone needs a lawyer as the Magistrate did not follow normal rules of evidence nor apply his rules equally to both sides nor ensure that he had a complete record prior to making his decision."

So, I have to disagree with your comments. I also don't think you should accuse her of cocaine use while pregnant unless you lhave a firm basis to do so. At least she was honest concerning her past transgressions. Given Ron's criminal record I would be more concerned with his history. It is simply not credible that anyone with the number of drug related charges he has has never been invovled in anyw ay with drugs. He is simply not truthful about it.

In any fair hearing the fact that he absconded with the children and refused to return them would have been an extremely important factor but it was completely ignored. HIs representations regarding his living with his mother and her caring for the children soon become him living in a felonious relationship with a minor from whose presence the child was stolen and who can't tell a consistent story as to the timeline leading up to the disappearance of the child.

I am just glad that Crystal has attorney now to protect herself and her children and she seems to have escaped from Ron's influecne and control.

And I have never seen any evidence of her filing false charges. I really don't think you should be throwing accusations around that are completely unsubstantiated as accusing people of a crime without any basis can get one in trouble.

Or maybe, in the last weekend while Jr's daddy was off making sure he had an exclusive with the Today Show in NYC with his bride, Jr said something to Crystal about the sofa and she relayed it.

Good point debs. We know from other cases, i.e. Elizabeth Smart, that kids don't always disclose everything right away. And it also doesn't mean that Crystal was grilling RJ about the circumstances that night, he could have simply disclosed more, very typical for kids.

hearing the other day. I'm an attorney, although a corporate not a domestic relations one, but I do know rules of evidence and standards of proof and so I feel confident in saying that the hearing was handled in an appalling and unfair manner and presents numerous grounds for appeal.

"especially as I went back and read the custody rehearing where he made sure every statement he made was spun to make himself look good and Crystal look bad. Anything that had gone wrong was Crystal's fault. Even when asked about day care he said he wanted to get Haleigh in but he left some papers in Crystals car and she didn't give them back so he couldn't get her in day care.

I see a consistent pattern of deflecting any personal responsibility for anything that happens which to me ties in with his every ready response that "I was at work". I also highly doubt he has been truthful about things like his invovlement with drugs unlike Crystal who was, if anything, too truthful about everything. By that I mean she seemed completely unprepared in that custody hearing and Ron was clearly loaded for bear knowing exactly how to spin everything.

He was a great provider even though he had only just gotten a job and was living with his mother. He didn't bring Haleigh back to Crystal after the Mexican vacation but it was Crystal's fault because she had "problems" and a cocaine habit and she never really asked him to. I also saw that Crystal testified that Ron wanted her to quit her job as he didn't want his children left with a babysitter-kind of ironic and also devious as he knew then that would make her look less eligible at the custody hearing. Crystal sure isn't any brain surgeon and I don't know if she is just simple and trusting or beaten down and sort of afraid of Ron or still in love with him or what. I didn't see any evidence of her being less than truthful or else she would have dissembled about obvious negatives the way Ron did.

I noticed that Ron said he passed a drug test but the results were not there or available and the Magistrate simply took his word for it and it wasn't like he later checked because he made the decision immediately. When Ron's criminal history came up Ron immediately changed the subject to Crystals mother's criminal history and his was never discussed or put in the record but the Magistrate did take Crystals mothers records that Ron convieniently brought. This hearing is a textbook example of why someone needs a lawyer as the Magistrate did not follow normal rules of evidence nor apply his rules equally to both sides nor ensure that he had a complete record prior to making his decision."

So, I have to disagree with your comments. I also don't think you should accuse her of cocaine use while pregnant unless you lhave a firm basis to do so. At least she was honest concerning her past transgressions. Given Ron's criminal record I would be more concerned with his history. It is simply not credible that anyone with the number of drug related charges he has has never been invovled in anyw ay with drugs. He is simply not truthful about it.

In any fair hearing the fact that he absconded with the children and refused to return them would have been an extremely important factor but it was completely ignored. HIs representations regarding his living with his mother and her caring for the children soon become him living in a felonious relationship with a minor from whose presence the child was stolen and who can't tell a consistent story as to the timeline leading up to the disappearance of the child.

I am just glad that Crystal has attorney now to protect herself and her children and she seems to have escaped from Ron's influecne and control.

And I have never seen any evidence of her filing false charges. I really don't think you should be throwing accusations around that are completely unsubstantiated as accusing people of a crime without any basis can get one in trouble.

Are you saying that the court just took his word and didn't check anything out? It seems to me any normal person is going to try to make themselves look better when fighting for custody. I just highly doubt that someone will try to make themselves look bad when trying to gain custody. Certainly the court knows this and does some checking. If there was abuse, you would think Crystal would have seen some signs or the kids would have told her. If fear was the reason that she didn't fight for her children, you would think she would be too scared to go to the media with her accusations. She could have called in and repeorted it without Ron ever knowing who called it in. I really don't know who to believe in this case.

I'm only going to respond to a few of these to clear up some obviously common misconceptions going on here, but my dinner is also almost ready lol

First, I'm not sure which docs you read, or if this were was a misunderstanding, but the judge most certainly did have Rons criminal record as I recall MARIE talking the judge about how she went to Putnam County to pick them up (and went on yada yada yada about how the clerk or someone thought how quick the judge would move the kids once he saw the records), and she then handed them over to the judge. There was all kinds of background chatter about these docs at the time she handed them over (much of the hearing had Marie speaking up in the background IIRC). How she called DCF and asked them to come clear her house for the kids and all, those are the docs I am referring to.
And I didn't accuse her doing cocaine while preggers with JR, she admitted THAT to the JUDGE in the same docs!! I was merely repeating what Crystal herself has said, on the record, TYVM.
He did not abscond with the children, he took them with the mothers permission, per her testimony, also in the docs.

AND as far as me throwing around accusations, those were backed up by me, with a link, weeks ago, it was all discussed in one of these threads here. I found one, a fellow poster found another. I'm sure another poster can kindly back me up on this.

All of these facts actually have been discussed and backed up with links, many times in past threads. ALL of the information is there to be found/read.

MY Info can be verifed, I wonder how well Crystal's attorney can verify that he beat his children bloody...since you mention people getting in trouble for throwing around accusations that are completely unsubstantiated of people committing a crime and all :rolleyes:

Custody battles tend to drag in Family Court for quite awhile. I am sure the judge and attorney's had everything verified and proof of tests.
Either you (Boytwnmom) did not read the document, or you misread the entire thing. I'm not saying this a put down either.

You have a ton of misinformation in your post. Almost all of it is false.

And as for this quote:

Check Crystal's criminal record, there's the proof you need. Crystal and her attorney are the ones throwing unsubstantiated accusations around. It's called slander and I hope she gets nailed for it.

Custody battles tend to drag in Family Court for quite awhile. I am sure the judge and attorney's had everything verified and proof of tests.
Either you (Boytwnmom) did not read the document, or you misread the entire thing. I'm not saying this a put down either.

You have a ton of misinformation in your post. Almost all of it is false.

And as for this quote:

Check Crystal's criminal record, there's the proof you need. Crystal and her attorney are the ones throwing unsubstantiated accusations around. It's called slander and I hope she gets nailed for it.

TYVM, I needed the backup. Sometimes I feel like I've entered the twilight zone. How are they reading the same docs we are?

I'm not trying to say I know best who was/is fit for the children, but if you read them, common sense should prevail on why the judge made the choice he made. It's not about taking sides, but looking objectively at the info. presented. ALL of it. I've been following this since literally the beginning, researching for hours nightly, and I'm still on the fence about many things.

I don't think Ron or Crystal had anything to do with it, so the point is moot for me anyway. I just hate to see soo many people making their opinions based on all the misinformation out there about the people involved. It serves no purpose IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8