The Pontiac - "Revisted" #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc dump of 1/21/09 says GAS GUAGE WORKING which means another lie from KC. Which says to me she made that up to keep people away from the smelly car AND she made other people buy her gas.

Yup, another Casey lie
Gas gauge working PROPERLY
So she was irresponsible and let the car run out of gas or it never ran out of gas and used it as an excuse to hit other people up for gas.

Who was it that pushed the car into the Amscot parking lot, on what day & time, was there anyone other than Casey in the car at the time?
Who picked up Casey from the Amscot, on what day & time, was she alone? If not, where was Caylee at these dates & times? What possessions did Casey take with her when she was picked up after she left the Amscot, where are those possessions, now? Did she attempt to retrieve the car from the Amscot, on what day & time, and what was wrong with the car that it couldn't be retrieved from the Amscot, and had to be towed? I have to understand this event to nail down why on God's green earth Casey did not get her car from Amscot?

I know I wouldn't leave my car to be towed without finding a way to get it back, or at least to a shop or somewhere to keep it until I could afford to fix it, and surely NOT at a tow lot that I would have to pay storage on. This event is puzzling to me, could someone help me out with what evidence there is in released interviews or other reliable sources to clarify this event?

Thanks in Advance!

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the car.I can't seem to get a strait answer on it from anyone.

I have wondered if KC pulled into the parking lot with a very low tank of gas and just sat with the car running until it ran out of gas as part of her plan to ditch the smelly car. Perhaps her plan was to leave the car for a few days thinking the smell would go away and she could then go back for the car. Maybe she did go back only to discover the car had been towed. Kc could have been planning to work the missing car in with Caylee missing - the nanny took them both plan.

I did also notice in one jail visit that CA had a list of question she was asking KC. One of the questions asked by CA "Why didn't she go back to get the car?" was most likely read just as CA had written the question to remind herself to ask KC and the "she" was KC. Does anyone remember if KC answered that question?

Who was it that pushed the car into the Amscot parking lot, on what day & time, was there anyone other than Casey in the car at the time?
Who picked up Casey from the Amscot, on what day & time, was she alone? If not, where was Caylee at these dates & times? What possessions did Casey take with her when she was picked up after she left the Amscot, where are those possessions, now? Did she attempt to retrieve the car from the Amscot, on what day & time, and what was wrong with the car that it couldn't be retrieved from the Amscot, and had to be towed? I have to understand this event to nail down why on God's green earth Casey did not get her car from Amscot?

I know I wouldn't leave my car to be towed without finding a way to get it back, or at least to a shop or somewhere to keep it until I could afford to fix it, and surely NOT at a tow lot that I would have to pay storage on. This event is puzzling to me, could someone help me out with what evidence there is in released interviews or other reliable sources to clarify this event?

Thanks in Advance!

I believe the whole idea for Casey to leave the car was so it could be stolen.It didn't even need to be out of gas. Casey just said that it was.I don't believe there is any documentation from the docudump so far that indicates that the tank was indeed empty.
AFAIK It was towed, not because there was anything wrong with it- but because it looked like an abandoned car.
If the car was stolen- she could point to the nanny stealing Caylee, and the car..and when the car was found with decomp in it, it could be blamed on the person that stole the car- they must have done something to Caylee too.

I have wondered if KC pulled into the parking lot with a very low tank of gas and just sat with the car running until it ran out of gas as part of her plan to ditch the smelly car. Perhaps her plan was to leave the car for a few days thinking the smell would go away and she could then go back for the car. Maybe she did go back only to discover the car had been towed. Kc could have been planning to work the missing car in with Caylee missing - the nanny took them both plan.

I did also notice in one jail visit that CA had a list of question she was asking KC. One of the questions asked by CA "Why didn't she go back to get the car?" was most likely read just as CA had written the question to remind herself to ask KC and the "she" was KC. Does anyone remember if KC answered that question?

Yep, CA did ask "why didn't SHE" (not you) pick up the car.......KC does not reply.

I think KC prolly told CA that 'zanny' abandoned the car (maybe during the 'chat' outside tonys apt. ??)

There seems to be a lot of confusion about the car.I can't seem to get a strait answer on it from anyone.

LOL....neither can I

We do know KC called 3 times about getting gas...6-28, 6-29-, & 6-30.

& on 6-30 KC goes to Amy's & then they go to target & buy a gas can.....

LE doesn't ask Amy what happened after they bought the gas can :confused:

Isn't it strange that the "gas cans" have been mentioned so much in this case, & now, the gas cans make headlines with having Duct tape on one from the garage, most likely matching the duct tape from the remains?:eek:

This whole case is stranger than fiction!

I don't think KC wanted her car stolen. What was she going to do without a car?? No means to buy a new one.

She was avoiding having to drive TonE to the airport in it at 6 am so she conveniently had it run out of gas the day before so she could drive his Jeep.

More curious to me, why Amscott?? Very visible corner. One would think she would have picked a more secluded location.

I don't think KC wanted her car stolen. What was she going to do without a car?? No means to buy a new one.

She was avoiding having to drive TonE to the airport in it at 6 am so she conveniently had it run out of gas the day before so she could drive his Jeep.

More curious to me, why Amscott?? Very visible corner. One would think she would have picked a more secluded location.

ITA.......& IIRC, a 'local' even said that this Amscott was prolly on CA route to/from work.....

The car was left on Fri. (27th) KC took Tony to the airport Mon (30th) then went to Amy's to get help for gas.

Isn't it strange that the "gas cans" have been mentioned so much in this case, & now, the gas cans make headlines with having Duct tape on one from the garage, most likely matching the duct tape from the remains?:eek:

This whole case is stranger than fiction!

LOL....'gas cans' could end up being the 'smoking gun'.......:)

I believe the whole idea for Casey to leave the car was so it could be stolen.It didn't even need to be out of gas. Casey just said that it was.I don't believe there is any documentation from the docudump so far that indicates that the tank was indeed empty.
AFAIK It was towed, not because there was anything wrong with it- but because it looked like an abandoned car.
If the car was stolen- she could point to the nanny stealing Caylee, and the car..and when the car was found with decomp in it, it could be blamed on the person that stole the car- they must have done something to Caylee too.

In the latest doc dump there were tests to make sure the gas gauge was working. I believe they indicated the tank was on E at the start and then gas was added and the gauge moved to the appropriate level.

ITA.......& IIRC, a 'local' even said that this Amscott was prolly on CA route to/from work.....

The car was left on Fri. (27th) KC took Tony to the airport Mon (30th) then went to Amy's to get help for gas.

Thanks for clearing up the dates. :)

LOL....'gas cans' could end up being the 'smoking gun'.......:)

Exactly what I thought.............So much ado about running out of gas, stolen gas cans, texts about borrowing gas cans, buying new gas cans at Target, Whew!.....Smoking gun...gas cans, that would really be Karma!:rolleyes:

George had to add gas to the car when he picked it up at Johnson's Towing, so when LE towed the car it would not have been completely out of gas, but that does not mean that when Johnson's towed it that it was not out of gas..I don't know if I believe that the car was out of gas when she abandoned it at Amscott just because she said it was does not mean it was..

I also believe that the reason she left her purse in the car was because she wanted it to get stolen, and then she could say that Caylee and herself were kidnapped by whomever and that she had no idea where Caylee was..I also feel that she was trying to get the guy in California to buy her a plane ticket to California and then when her car was found without her or Caylee and her purse inside it would look like something had happened to both of them..She would be in California and could start her Beautiful life..But her mom found Amy's phone number and therefore found her and that plan went to hell in a handbasket, so she needed to think quick and make up another lie so then the Nanny story came to life.

It will be very intresting at trial to see what the SA office has peiced together with all the eviedence they have (some I am certain we know nothing about).

Exactly what I thought.............So much ado about running out of gas, stolen gas cans, texts about borrowing gas cans, buying new gas cans at Target, Whew!.....Smoking gun...gas cans, that would really be Karma!:rolleyes:

Yep, & don't ya love it, that the gas cans & the duct tape might have "joined forces" ???.....& the trash bag might be on it's way.....:)

With a Blackjack inside it.

Do you think there really was a blackjack ??

Seems like LE has had lots of time to verify this, yet we've seen no info/records of it......no texts to/from friends on strange number.

I think it's 'the best' she could think of, when pinned down for a nanny number.

Months ago it was speculated that Casey abandoned the Pontiac @ Amscot 6/27 so she wouldn't be faced with taking Tony to the airport 6/30AM w/ the smell of decomp increasingly permeating her car...to further ensure she'd get the use of Tony's Jeep for the week.

Well...I bought it. I thought Casey had actually pulled something off that required a little planning & forethought.

Now...I've revisited the situation armed w/ a little more information...and I hafta conclude that Casey actually did run outta gas. :doh:

It requires a few working assumptions, but, here's how we get there...

On 6/23 Casey ran outta gas. We know exactly where AND, as a result of this incident from Tony's statement, we now know exactly what route Casey drove when she traveled between G&C's and Tony's. We know from Casey's pings the major trips she took, most likely in the Pontiac between 6/23 and 6/27. While Casey may have made a short trip or two from Tony's apt. to, say, Subway, for example, it doesn't appear she ventured too far...so, we've got decent information to work from here too.

• 6/23 after filling up, Casey & Tony returned to his apt. (Tony's statement)
  • 6/24 Casey returned to G&C's (for the now famous scene) for 1 roundtrip (pings support)
  • 6/25 Casey hung @ Tony's (pings)
  • 6/26 Casey hung @ Tony's (pings)
  • 6/27 Casey returned to G&C's and almost made it back to Tony's, calling for help @ 11:47AM. (pings support)
The exact total mileage of these trips is 47.2 miles.​

From G&C's interview on Greta we know the size of the two gas cans Casey used were a 2.5gallon and a 1.25 gallon (the volumes aren't listed on the police report). We prolly don't want to assume these were 100% full, and we can play with this a little to see the effect later.

I found 5 different models of the 1998 Pontiac Sunfire w/ varying specs, however, the estimate mpg for all ranged +/- 1 mpg for city & highway stats. We'll use 20mpg as the most-common cited city mileage.

Finally, I found at least one reference for a similarly sized engine that indicated it burned 0.18 gallons/hr @ idle. This isn't a perfect reference, but, is actually a little conservative.

From the pings we can see that Casey approached Amscot, on the move, @ 11:40AM. She placed her distress call to Tony @ 11:47AM. We can quickly conclude that 7 minutes was not sufficient time to run out any significant volume of gas whatsoever...@ a rate even 2x the 0.18gallon/hr listed above.

...so how does that match up w/ what we know about the rest of the scene.

If we just do the straight math and not make any allowances for Casey running the AC, driving heavy footed as she likely sped away outta G&C's driveway 6/24, etc....just straight 20mpg...for 47.2 miles she would've consumed 2.4 gallons

If the 2 gas cans had been a collective 63% full... (2.5 + 1.25) = 3.75 * 0.63 = 2.4 gallons => Casey would have run outta gas precisely @ Amscot.

If the cans had been, say, 75% full...@ 20mpg...Casey would've had 0.5 gallons left in the tank @ Amscot and would have had to idle for 2.5 hours to run the tank empty. One can arrive at similar combinations of 'empty' by simply decreasing the mpg & increasing the volume that one assumes was in the gas cans of course (e.g. 85% full cans and 15mpg also = empty precisely @ Amscot).

So....now...thinking about the consequences of not running out @ Amscot I'm thinking Casey woulda just begged off 6/30AM and told Tony she was "on Empty" if he'd asked her to take him to the airport...had she made it all the way to Tony's 6/27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member