WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Example: Today in Portland a mother looked out her kitchen window and saw a man with a camera peeking in her little girls bedroom :eek:

They arrested him, he got out almost right away. Then they got warrant to search his house and hit the jackpot. They found evidence he had been doing this for quite awhile and found lots of kid *advertiser censored* on his computer. El Sicko!

And the neighbors are reeling tonight in amazement that this could happen in their little neck of the woods. They never suspected him at all!

A couple of years ago there was a man in my town arrested for Child *advertiser censored* on his computer. I don't know if he was ever accused of actually improper behavior with a child but NONE of us in this town would have ever thought he was a sicko! Growing up, he was the one and only bike repair man. When we were kids, we would all bring our bikes over to him to be fixed. He was married, has 2 grown children (one is a doctor) and just seemed like a nice man. I don't know who or what tipped the police but it did shock this community. That is why I don't trust many people anymore. Who would have ever thought our bike guy was a bad guy...

JenniferO~ I went to find the map you so nicely did where the bridge, park and ride, etc. were located and I found the post...but the map had vanished. Do you still have it somewhere?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09 Thread #4

Is the Fire Department sitting behind the Shell Station and the City Hall/PD?

red-Shell Station
blue-park and ride
purple-police station
black-city hall
light pink-fire station
green-public works building
bright pink-bridge
yellow-Baum house
parknride.jpg

z7shysterical.gif
Have we learned yet if he is homeless or semi-retired with an abode?

I lived in Depoe Bay Or which is a town of about 1500, or was then, and don't think I ever saw a homeless person. I know there are people in every community that are hanging by a thread financially, but are there really homeless people in McCleary? xox

My community has a population somewhat larger than McCleary and we have ZERO homeless people here. They live in Eugene - a small city nearby.

(O/T - I LOVE DEPOE BAY!!!)

A couple of years ago there was a man in my town arrested for Child *advertiser censored* on his computer. I don't know if he was ever accused of actually improper behavior with a child but NONE of us in this town would have ever thought he was a sicko! Growing up, he was the one and only bike repair man. When we were kids, we would all bring our bikes over to him to be fixed. He was married, has 2 grown children (one is a doctor) and just seemed like a nice man. I don't know who or what tipped the police but it did shock this community. That is why I don't trust many people anymore. Who would have ever thought our bike guy was a bad guy...
That is one of the problems...they don't look like monsters. :( They are commonly trusted in a position of helping children in some way to be close to them. Too bad they don't look like an ogre with bad breath and a neon sign above them so everyone would know to keep them away.

My community has a population somewhat larger than McCleary and we have ZERO homeless people here. They live in Eugene - a small city nearby.

(O/T - I LOVE DEPOE BAY!!!)
==================================================
I grew up in a small town in southern Oregon.
I do not remember any homeless people.
There probably was, but maybe the churches
helped them or the police helped them move on.

But, I remember there used to be a man everyone called
'the walker'. He would walk to Yreka, CA and back,
all the time. He didn't have a house.
But we just thought of him as someone who liked
to walk. :waitasec:

OT:
I love Depoe Bay too.

We watched AMW last night as I was pleased to see Lindsey have a spot on the show.

I thought to myself that there are a great many ppl that watch AMW that don't watch crime news shows such as JVM and NG for various reasons.

Hopefully, this will bring more attention to Lindsey.

ETA: I wish they would bring back unsolved mysteries but make the show about unsolved missing people only.

I missed AMW as I was out while it was on. I hope they brought in some solid leads for Lindsey! Thanks for posting the clip. (Anyone know the old guy who was interviewed? They didn't give his name or anything.)

Off Topic: I have thought about this for a long time and I think there should be an entire channel/network devoted to our missing. One hour here and there is not enough. If one show can bring one child or adult home, what could 23 more a day do (or more since some shows could be half an hour long)? It could add up when you have it on 24/7 and make it interesting enough for people to tune in to actually watch it.

NG, JVM, and others haven't cornered the market on these type of shows, but it does indicate with their popularity an area which is being overlooked on cable television. The incentive is there. The need is definitely there.

I missed AMW as I was out while it was on. I hope they brought in some solid leads for Lindsey! Thanks for posting the clip. (Anyone know the old guy who was interviewed? They didn't give his name or anything.)

Off Topic: I have thought about this for a long time and I think there should be an entire channel/network devoted to our missing. One hour here and there is not enough. If one show can bring one child or adult home, what could 23 more a day do (or more since some shows could be half an hour long)? It could add up when you have it on 24/7 and make it interesting enough for people to tune in to actually watch it.
NG, JVM, and others haven't cornered the market on these type of shows, but it does indicate with their popularity an area which is being overlooked on cable television. The incentive is there. The need is definitely there.

bolded by me :)

I like that idea. That's exactly what I was thinking about as a matter of fact. We have the forensic shows that have massive followings but those are for crimes already solved.

Didnt' they at one time have a station that only listed the missing? I think they could create shows that would showcase and reenact disappearances and that would be of more interest to ppl.

One show that I watch is called (I think) 48 hours mystery. But the problem with that show is they usually focus on one case for an hour. I was thinking more of the format of the old unsolved mysteries show KWIM?

I think there would be a huge market for that type of show.

Sorry that was OT.

On Topic,
Last night I worked the Drunk M angle and couldn't find anything on him other than what was seen earlier in this thread, as well as another missing person case.

FYI: I don't know if these SO's have anything to do with Lindsey's case, but I do wonder when they did get released from jail???? How far is Pierce Co. from McCleary? It is probably just a long shot, but at this point we need to look at every possible angle to find Lindsey. Evidence is being lost to find the perp, if she is no longer with us, the longer she is unfound! :shakehead:

I do want these two SO's known to the many helpful new & old local posters we have helping WS's to find Lindsey. They need to make sure & alert everyone that they know are aware of these two SO's. They are both level 3 SO's! :furious:

Spread the word please, to protect all the children nearby & on the outskirts of where these two are at!!!!

Each day that passes it looks dimmer & dimmer that we will find this little angel alive. I really hate to think that way, but it gets harder & harder to believe that she is still with us on earth. She is most likey in God's arms now safe with all of the other little angels that have gone before her. If she is there I pray she is playing happily with our other angels Caylee, Jada, Nevaeh, & probably little Heleigh too! There are too many too mention & this just brings me to tears that no child is safe walking a short distance, or even around their own family members. :cry:

POLICE BEAT
Two sex offender registrations in Pierce County
Published: 07/12/09 6:58 am
Updated: 07/12/09 6:58 am
<snipped>
The following convicted sex offenders have recently registered to live in Pierce County.

They are categorized as Level 3 sex offenders – those considered most likely to commit similar crimes. They are not wanted by law enforcement officers at this time.

All convicted sex offenders registered to live in Tacoma and Pierce County are listed on the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department’s Web site at http://www.piercesheriff.org/.

JEREMY J. L********

Description: 5 feet 7, 210 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Where registered to live: 7600 block of South Montgomery Street in Tacoma.

Criminal history: Convicted in 1993 of two counts of first-degree child rape in Pierce County after he sexually assaulted two sisters.

Sex offender treatment: Did not participate in the treatment program.

For more information: Call Tacoma police detectives Douglas Fuller at 253-591-5989 or David Lucky at 253-591-5869.

JASON G. T***

Description: 5 feet 10, 205 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Where registered to live: 2300 block of South Fawcett Avenue in Tacoma.

Criminal history: Convicted in 1996 of first-degree child rape in Pierce County after he sexually assaulted a 4-year-old boy he knew.

Sex offender treatment: Participated in the treatment program while incarcerated.

For more information: Call detective Fuller at 253-591-5989 or detective Lucky at 253-591-5869.

JEREMY J. L********
SEX OFFENDER INFORMATION BULLETIN LEVEL 3 NOTIFICATION OF RELEASE - RISK TO RE-OFFEND
421-offender_1.highlight.prod_affiliate.5.jpg

JASON G. T***
BULLETIN LEVEL 3 NOTIFICATION OF RELEASE - HIGH RISK TO RE-OFFEND
480-offender_2.standalone.prod_affiliate.5.jpg

Article:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/808215.html

:angel:

Hi, I watched AMW last night and found myself going, What?

At one point they showed a female searcher knocking on someone's door and she said SS to "We wanted to know if we can search in your back yard".

Why didn't she ask to look thru their home as well? I thought every home had been searched, but that might not be the case if there were places where only the outside areas were searched.

She didn't seem like a seasoned searcher either, more like a nice middle aged lady. That is fine and I appreciate all the volunteer assistance. But if she has not been trained with the honing skills of a tracker as LE personnel are, it just leaves me wondering more and more what kind of job they did.

I'm not downgrading LE in any way. I'm just questioning if anything might have been missed by volunteers. I'm sure there are many posters here that know allot more about that than I do! :blowkiss:

Hi, I watched AMW last night and found myself going, What?

At one point they showed a female searcher knocking on someone's door and she said SS to "We wanted to know if we can search in your back yard".

Why didn't she ask to look thru their home as well? I thought every home had been searched, but that might not be the case if there were places where only the outside areas were searched.

She didn't seem like a seasoned searcher either, more like a nice middle aged lady. That is fine and I appreciate all the volunteer assistance. But if she has not been trained with the honing skills of a tracker as LE personnel are, it just leaves me wondering more and more what kind of job they did.

I think you have to have a search warrant (and probably cause) to search a home.
I'm not sure how something like that is handled in a case like this though.

I noticed the same thing, Scandi. It does make you wonder how well the town was really searched. :/ In Haleigh's case, they did ask to go inside and look around in homes without a SW. As long as they were given permission, it was fine. I thought it was mentioned they did search inside homes, but maybe that was only direct players' homes including Lindsey's.

Makes me wonder if they physically searched around and under that bridge at all. :/ I just don't think they did. Again, the weeds didn't look at all disturbed in the photo which was taken days after she went missing.

LotsaLatte, which Superior Court did you use to find Mark T. H..........? The county we're in does not register a Superior Ct.

I noticed the same thing, Scandi. It does make you wonder how well the town was really searched. :/ In Haleigh's case, they did ask to go inside and look around in homes without a SW. As long as they were given permission, it was fine. I thought it was mentioned they did search inside homes, but maybe that was only direct players' homes including Lindsey's.

Makes me wonder if they physically searched around and under that bridge at all. :/ I just don't think they did. Again, the weeds didn't look at all disturbed in the photo which was taken days after she went missing.

I agreee, the bridge and surrounding grass/weeds don't look as though they were searched. I wish I had the money to fly you there so you could search it...lol! And no, I don't think the homes were searched without search warrants. This case is frustrating!

I agreee, the bridge and surrounding grass/weeds don't look as though they were searched. I wish I had the money to fly you there so you could search it...lol! And no, I don't think the homes were searched without search warrants. This case is frustrating!
LOL So that I will hush up about it?! ;)

This case is very frustrating. Tiny town, six block area, and not a single clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member