ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there is another missing Boise child. Approximately the same height and weight. But Max-Gian has been missing for about 8 months, and is thought to be out of the area. *I'm NOT saying or hinting or thinking that this may be Max-Gian...just pointing out that there is another missing child from Boise.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1111151&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

ETA Max-Gian's WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80540&highlight=max-gian

8 months of decomposition would not likely be a "floating" body. The report was that no children were reported missing today. But good post because I hadn't thought to check into past cases at the link provided!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wouldn't LE know about this other child?????

I'm sure they do know. At least I hope so. But Max-Gian's is considered to be a family abduction, which LE usually doesn't take as seriously, unfortunately. That and they probably have no reason to believe that this is Max-Gian. And he has been missing for approx. 8 months, they would be able to tell the difference between a body there for a few days vs. a few months. Kind of disappointing that they didn't mention that Max-Gian is also missing from the area, though.

Since there was nothing new to report, perhaps NG is waiting until there is more to the story?
JVM didn't wait ~ she told us about the news conference! At least they could report on that for those who didn't access it online. MOO

I have watched the whole show waiting for news on Robert and all Nancy has had is Daddy Dearest running over and over. It makes me sick.

I guess. But since JVM had just talked about it, and for me those two shows get twisted into one, I can see why NG didn't repeat what JVM had just said.

ETA: However, isn't there something happening somewhere to someone that NG could talk about instead of MJ? I liked his music but am really starting to hate hearing his name. And God help me, I had NG on in the other room and could swear that some man on her show said MJ was the greatest father EVER. Hoping like mad that a review of the transcript shows I was hearing things.

O/T.....Anybody want to be Nancy's biggest fan? LOL....no thanks, not today.

did everybody hear about another child that was kipnap by gunpoint on one of the break,
I only caught the end of this? was I hearing thing

Sorry to say, but NG and JVM are just another couple of news programs that care about ratings, ratings, ratings. To be fair, I guess all news programs are that way.

HLN did the same thing when they found Sandra Cantu's body. LE was just about to give a presser and then all of a sudden Chris Brown's arraignment was more important. :rolleyes: I was livid!

anew.gif
UPDATE: Body 'same age & size' as Manwill, no positive ID

[SIZE=-1]06:44 PM MDT on Monday, August 3, 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]KTVB.COM[/SIZE]

Trevor Loucks/KTVB
A male juvenile body was found floating in this stretch of the New York Canal near Kuna.

KUNA - The body of a young boy was found in the New York Canal near Kuna Monday afternoon - and police are trying to determine if the boy is Robert Manwill, who went missing on July 24th.

Just before 1:30 p.m., a citizen called Ada County Dispatch and said there was a body floating in the canal. An Ada County Sheriff's Deputy responded to the scene and jumped into the water to pull the body from the water.

The Ada County Coroner also responded to the scene, and the person was found to be dead.

More at link:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html

Well, I guess we won't know anything more until tomorrow when the autopsy is performed. I'm just thankful whoever this little child is, that he was found and hopefully his body will have some evidence on it to lead LE to his killer.

On JVM, the local affiliate reporter, Kirstin Bronson, said that initial reports said that the child pulled from the canal had been wearing clothing similar to what Robert was said to have been wearing (blue shirt with faded Superman logo). They were trying to confirm that. (from part 2 that Patty posted above)

UPDATE: Body 'same age & size' as Manwill, no positive ID
06:44 PM MDT on Monday, August 3, 2009
<snipped>
A body of a young boy was found in the New York Canal near Kuna Monday afternoon - and police are trying to determine if the boy is Robert Manwill, who went missing on July 24th.

Just before 1:30 p.m., a citizen called Ada County Dispatch and said there was a body floating in the canal. An Ada County Sheriff's Deputy responded to the scene and jumped into the water to pull the body from the water.

&#8220;The body is that of a young boy about the same age and size as Robert Manwill," Deputy Chief Jim Kerns said Monday night.

The coroner's office is working to make a positive identification on the body, but that determination is not expected to come until Tuesday. An autopsy will be performed on the body.

&#8220;A missing child is every family&#8217;s nightmare, and a nightmare for an entire community," Kerns said. "(This case) remains under active investigation. Detectives are working closely with the coroner&#8217;s office.&#8221;

VIDEO: UNCUT: Watch news conference
http://www.ktvb.com/video/index.html?nvid=385791

Article:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-aug0309-kuna_canal_body.a50d15f2.html

:angel:

Well, I guess we won't know anything more until tomorrow when the autopsy is performed. I'm just thankful whoever this little child is, that he was found and hopefully his body will have some evidence on it to lead LE to his killer.

This may not come out right but I'm going to say it anyway.

I hope this is Robert, and not a child that nobody even knew was missing.

Sorry to say, but NG and JVM are just another couple of news programs that care about ratings, ratings, ratings. To be fair, I guess all news programs are that way.

HLN did the same thing when they found Sandra Cantu's body. LE was just about to give a presser and then all of a sudden Chris Brown's arraignment was more important. :rolleyes: I was livid!

Unfortunately a lot more people flipping the channel will stop and recognize Chris Brown and his Rhianna (spelling?) than a missing child. Certainly more people know who Michael Jackson and his doctor are than who Robert Manwill is. Advertisers pay for the mass market audience. If they were looking for us they would be advertising here ;)

I guess. But since JVM had just talked about it, and for me those two shows get twisted into one, I can see why NG didn't repeat what JVM had just said.

ETA: However, isn't there something happening somewhere to someone that NG could talk about instead of MJ? I liked his music but am really starting to hate hearing his name. And God help me, I had NG on in the other room and could swear that some man on her show said MJ was the greatest father EVER. Hoping like mad that a review of the transcript shows I was hearing things.

I just about fell outa my chair when I heard MJ was the greatest father ever. I don't know what the guy that said that has been smoking!!

I think it is safe to assume that this is little Robert, poor darling.

How tragic for everyone involved. Can you imagine how the poor deputy that went into the water to retrieve his little body feels? That is something one never gets over in a life time.

I am overhwhelmed with the numbers of murdered children. What can anyone do to prevent this? Public executions?

Unfortunately a lot more people flipping the channel will stop and recognize Chris Brown and his Rhianna (spelling?) than a missing child. Certainly more people know who Michael Jackson and his doctor are than who Robert Manwill is. Advertisers pay for the mass market audience. If they were looking for us they would be advertising here ;)

You are absolutely right!!! No one I know has heard of Robert Manwill, Lindsey Baum, Brittanee Drexel, Haleigh Cummings, and the many other missing children. If it's not local people just have not followed the cases.

When i started watching NG i thought she was going to be the one to make the difference and put these kids out there, but it looks as though the big wigs in the company have decided what will be aired.

Truely Sad.

Doesn't it seem odd that no one in the apartment complex saw anything unusual? First, let me be upfront and say that the decline of America's "neighborhoods" and changing that is very high on my agenda, so I understand if you feel it's "no one's business" to watch their neighbors. Personally, I think we need more watching and more accountability. But regardless, you would think someone might hear something or see activity at odd hours or SOMETHING. Maybe they did and it's been reported, but it took a few days to thoroughly inspect the apartment, didn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487