ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the location where the body was found (in red) and the access road just off of the S. Cloverdale bridge that goes over the canal and bypasses the grate, not far away (in yellow).
CloverdaleBridge.jpg

Here's a better shot of that bridge and the grate. It appears to be the only grate that exists between this location and that which the body was found.
Cloverdale2.jpg

***ETA**** Better shot of the grate......
bridgegate2.jpg

Here's a shot of the access road which bypasses the grate. It appears as though there is nothing blocking entry to this area but a cattle gate, which is easily climbed over...and maybe it's not secured well.
Cloverdale3.jpg

If you pull this bridge up on Google 'street view' there is absolutely nothing in this area....nothing. Trees, road, water, fields and dirt. I think this body went in right here.

Does this mean you believe the remains were in the canal for a short period of time?

I don't believe he went for a swim at 9:00 pm when he wanted to go to a party and was told no. I don't believe they took the body straight to the canal. I don't believe he was at the apartment when they reported him missing. I don't believe LE wasted their time at the landfill or the rental. I don't believe he was in the canal for a "short period of time", either. The first reaction from LE after talking with family was to drain the pond. Why? Someone planted a seed that Robert likes to swim or likes to play near water. Why? He's in the irrigation canal near Deer Flat road. IMO.

LE spent some time in the backyark yard of that house. Is it possible someone was aware of all the junk back there and picked up something to weight his body down when they dumped him? Wonder if we'll see them dredge that part of the canal or send in the divers.
After a week, the gases from the decomposing body would make him come up to the surface, yes?

Also, the pics Shutterfly provided show those grates to be wide enough for a body to easily travel through them so he may have been dumped in an area not too far away.
Does anyone know how fast the waters move through there?

I thought the same thing, but if you look very carefully...there appears to be some type of fencing there to prevent things from passing through it. It is more obvious towards the top of the grate as it doesn't quite go all the way to the top. (Or I am seeing things. LOL)

Yes, the gasses will cause the body to surface after a few days. However, if he was weighted down such as tied to an object...it would take much longer for the body to break free of the restraint. I don't expect they will find he was weighted down, but simply tossed in the canal.

It was reported the canal was searched but that doesn't mean they went that far out into the township of Ada. One of the reports noted 15 miles by land or 8 miles as the crow flies.

has it ever been confirmed the mother was really working that evening because I remember reading early on she said she got home around 9pm. I think that's when they corrected the time to 'maybe the bf saw him last around 7:30 on the playground.

Let me see if I got this straight.

The mother's boyfriend's brother is good friends with the guy who's yard was dug up and who's truck, which had Robert's scent in it, was stolen while the guy was out of town which so happens to be the same time Robert went missing.

Oh boy. Strange coincidence that his truck was stolen while he was out of town but was recovered in time for scenting. Was it ever reported stolen? Do we know? OR did the car thief steal the car, drive it and return before this guy got back home?

Does this guy's alibi hold water?
Did the boyfriend also know this guy or know he was out of town?
Would the boyfriend's brother help him dispose of a child's body by obtaining the truck?

Where is the boyfriend's dad in this? Boyfriend accused dad of taking Robert. Where did that come from - just out of the blue? OR did dad really take him to help boyfriend dispose of the body?

Mom wasn't home until 9:00p. Robert was fine at 7:30p. Mom didn't kill him.

Spend the night at an unknown friend's house? Who does that? Who let's a kid stay over without calling his/her parents first? Wanted to go to a party? When did he announce this plan? Was this the lure of a SO, who knew no one was watching this kid? Maybe, but I am going with . . .

Boyfriend or truck guy is in this up to his eyeballs. I expect an arrest soon.

The guy (Wallis?)who said his vehicle was stolen, said when he returned from his weekend away, he found the truck?(can't remember what kind of vehicle it was) a few blocks away and reported it had been stolen at THAT time. NOT before he went away.

Also, the father of the bf and his brother were quoted in the paper as saying the mother punished Robert for basically nothing, that she made him sit on his hands. That she was so mean the father and brother were afraid to even ask if they could take young Robert fishing.
They never even mentioned the bf except to say the father had visited earlier to drop off money so they could pay some bills.

ETA; note in the story, it says the Suburban was missing on the 22nd but he found it when he reurned and notified the police.
Cannot say for sure if the quote was properly written because you can't tell if he had notified the police his suburban was missing before he left and when he found it upon return, he notified police. ( like-I found it,no need to keep it missing on record??) I don't know.

Here's the article that has the info that Fifth posted about......a lot of interesting comments are in this news release!

Search for Robert Manwill turns grim
Man 'sick' as police search his yard; father of mother's boyfriend says son accused him[/I]
Published: 08/01/09
<snipped>
Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

2ND Headline: THE BACKYARD SEARCH, A STOLEN SUBURBAN

3RD Headline: EHRLICH'S FATHER: MY SON ACCUSED ME

4TH Headline: POLICE AT THE APARTMENT, THE LANDFILL, THE HOUSE

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/852598.html

ROBERT MANWILL'S FAMILY AND THEIR FRIENDS

Robert Manwill: The 8-year-old boy who has been missing since July 24.

Melissa Scott Jenkins: Robert's mother.

Charles Manwill: Robert's father, who has been divorced from Jenkins since October 2002.

Daniel Ehrlick Jr.: Jenkins' boyfriend.

Daniel Ehrlick Sr.: The father of Ehrlick Jr. He said his son accused him of taking Robert.

David Ehrlick: Ehrlick Jr.'s younger brother.

Evan Wallis: David Ehrlick's friend whose backyard was being searched Friday night.

Trisha Burrill: Robert's aunt and a family spokeswoman.

:praying: for Robert's Loved Ones!

:angel:

If the truck was stolen and had Robert's scent in it then why didn't they try to find out if anyone in his family scent it was in it as well?

If the truck was stolen and had Robert's scent in it then why didn't they try to find out if anyone in his family scent it was in it as well?
Could it have been a cadaver dog that made the hit on the vehicle?

If someone else was in the vehicle, they should have evidence from DNA or fingerprints. This would tell them who else was in the vehicle, but not when.

How sad this is the link to Robert's 18 year old brother's blogs in his MySpace. From his blogs this is one troubled young man. I sure do hope & pray that he gets some grief counsling A.S.A.P. :cry:
Shadow Stalker Blogs
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=32077714

And his quote for what he is doing says:
Shadow Stalker is really hoping that the body they found wasnt my little brother 15*hours*ago.
Mood: worried

About me says:
I Can Feel The Pain But Nobody To Heal It I Cry In My Sleep I Have Nightmares I Can't Go On By *A Fragile Soul Caught In The Hands Of Fate* I Need Love But Nobody Will Give Me Love I Hurt Myself Inside Knowing That It Could Kill Me I Don' Care Anymore I Can Feel The Pain But No Body To Heal It

I can't seem to sleep tonight...(morning now) everytime I tried I kept thinking about Robert's loved one's & how I'm sure that none of them are getting any sleep either. :cry: :shakehead: :(

:praying: for Robert's loved ones!

:angel:

I haven't figured out how Wallis fits in here. The story of his truck being stolen, LE digging up his yard, being so close to the dump site, and the things he has said make me believe he knows more than he is telling at this point. His "innocent bystander" comments don't sit well with me.

I also found it rather convenient that this Wallis just happened to be "out of town" during the initial disappearance of Robert. Oh, and while he was away, someone broke into his home and stole the keys off the kitchen table to his Suburban. Oh, and by the way, it was returned a few days later.....Imagine that? What a stroke of luck for old Wallis.

It has been stated that Dan Ehrlich's brother, Dave is a good friend of this guy, Wallis, so either Dave knew to go into the house to get the keys or Dan himself did it.

Wallis is just trying to cover his a$$ by saying he was out of town, and he had a car stolen but miraculously returned, although it unfortunately it was returned with the scent of a dead child in it.

I'm quite sure he knows exactly what happened, but wants to try and steer clear in case there are any charges filed. The detectives will threaten him with being an accessory or something to get the truth out of him. Or if he gets called to testify in front of a Grand Jury and gives them this barrel of crap, it will be perjury, so he better think long and hard before he makes a stupid move.

What if the mom and bf really didn't do this, but Wallis had planned a little "get together" for the kids. (Didn't an article mention he had a child, too?) He could know that Robert had little supervision and could have arranged to meet him somewhere that night so Robert left on his own after being told he couldn't go. Perhaps mom or bf had given him a beating before or maybe he was warned to expect one when his mom came home.

Things are not looking very good for Wallis here. The vehicle situation isn't adding up. Stolen vehicles don't just show up near your house as a rule. When exactly did he leave to go on his trip?

Do you suppose it's completely beyond comprehension that DE( the 'stay-at-home' bf) could be responsible for the vanishing of Robert AND the cracking of the infant's skull???
I keep going back to the baby with the cracked head, a 3-4 cm fracture no less, on the SIDE of the head. That's a LOT of force. Maybe she took the wrap and they knew it, but they had no proof he did it because the two of them were the only ones present. She said she did it. He agreed. That could explain her sentence. So they give her a slap on the wrist, say 'give us the baby and we'll let you go,' and then they order DE not to be left alone with the girl child because she's small and defenseless, and even though the courts can't prove it they KNOW what he did.
If it checks out that MJ didn't get home until a little after 9pm that Friday, and the police were called at 10:11 pm, that doesn't leave much window or opportunity for this child to have been injured, to possibly become deceased, to clean any possible mess and to at least hide, if not dispose of his body...does it?
Yeah, I been sittin' in front of this thing WAAAAAAY to long. She WAS with DE when the first incident took place with the baby's head, wasn't she?

It is a plausible theory that she could be a battered wife and she was more afraid of him than the court system. If he bashed in his baby's skull, she would have had good reason to be afraid and take the fall for him. I could see that scenario. It could account for her odd behavior of Robert's punishments because she didn't want him to infuriate her "man". I haven't seen his record yet. Was he abusive to her?

However, why would she let Robert stay alone with him if she wouldn't let the other child be alone with him?

It is a plausible theory that she could be a battered wife and she was more afraid of him than the court system. If he bashed in his baby's skull, she would have had good reason to be afraid and take the fall for him. I could see that scenario. It could account for her odd behavior of Robert's punishments because she didn't want him to infuriate her "man". I haven't seen his record yet. Was he abusive to her?

However, why would she let Robert stay alone with him if she wouldn't let the other child be alone with him?

Well if she WERE a victim of battered wife syndrome..... I'd have to say she left Robert alone with him A) because he told her to and B) because 'he swore he'd NEVER do it again' naturally.

From an alternative point of view, instead of it being a lucky coincidence that the crime was committed while the neighbor was out of town, perhaps the perp waited until the neighbor would be out of town so that he/she could use resources belonging to said neighbor. Plausible?

There have got to be witnesses and/or video camera surveillance which will testify to the neighbor's out of town trip or lack thereof. I feel like that will be determined fairly quickly.

I agree that it would be way to risky. I just dont see how they could have moved this boy without anyone noticing something.

The other thing that is hard for most of us to remember is people like that have a very different mentality. They commit these crimes believing in their own mind they are gonna be able to out smart the law. If they were under the influence of some kind of drug whats to say in their mind they didnt have a "master plan"

What about the possibility of him being picked up from the playground and whatever happened was in the vehicle? Maybe he never got back to the apartment after your niece saw him. The evidence they found at the apartment might be related to clothing on the mother or boyfriend being transferred from vehicle to apartment. Just a possibility I thought I'd throw out there.

Didn't the "stolen Suburban guy" say he has 3 kids, 3 boys no less? And let me see if I have this straight, he knew the Suburban was stolen, but didn't say anything until it was returned?? Major hink there if that is the case. But if it were stolen and he didn't realize it until it was moved and it wasn't left where he parked it (((gee, this scenario sounds familiar)) then that makes a little sense. But did he know it was stolen, then didn't report it until it was returned??? BS if that's the case.

Poor Robert. Lead them to the answers.

I haven't figured out how Wallis fits in here. The story of his truck being stolen, LE digging up his yard, being so close to the dump site, and the things he has said make me believe he knows more than he is telling at this point. His "innocent bystander" comments don't sit well with me.

ITA SS. The claim of the truck being stolen reeks of staging to me. Much like a perp does when LE confronts them with proof that their vehicle or gun was used in a crime. Suddenly they claim it was stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor