WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
article The Daily World Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:17 AM PDT

After two months, search continues for McCleary girl

After weeks of endless searching, family members and investigators have found no trace of the outgoing brown-haired Girl Scout. But they continue to rally support and pursue clues as the days drag on.

“We’re continuing to follow up on leads,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said Tuesday. “Things are a long way from a dead end.”
-snipped

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/08/26/local_news/doc4a957b2225267618428621.txt

article The Daily World Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:17 AM PDT

After two months, search continues for McCleary girl

After weeks of endless searching, family members and investigators have found no trace of the outgoing brown-haired Girl Scout. But they continue to rally support and pursue clues as the days drag on.

“We’re continuing to follow up on leads,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said Tuesday. “Things are a long way from a dead end.”
-snipped

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/08/26/local_news/doc4a957b2225267618428621.txt

just wanted to point out some things in the article I am happy to see:

Scott said investigators from the Sheriff’s Office, the McCleary Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation met Tuesday to compare notes and discuss available resources.

“The case shows progress,” he said, stating detectives at a minimum have ruled out many possibilities.

Scott said the planned weekend searches are separate from law enforcement efforts, but he hopes they may be able to find something new.

Viable leads still trickle in on the disappearance, he said. Several detectives remain dedicated to the case full-time, but obviously worry about lost clues and fading memories as the weeks pass. - snipped

These are the media links I had posted in an earlier thread, just in case some of you want to be an annoying bug in their ears like I have been :cat:

like mom always said, "the squeaky wheel get the grease" and I wan't to keep these wheels squeekin' :Bicicleta:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4040990&postcount=645

I just put the link to the old post cause I couldn't figure out how to quote or bring an old post over :trout:

from viewing the visual aids, maps pictures etc...

Take Wm McCleary RD
It turns into Old Olympic Hwy

Take it all the way down, there are to the left some buildings, not sure if there homes?
If those are personal homes, and not buildings of some kind
then perhaps don't bother looking there?......

Just an area of interest to me.
So i thought i would post.

Wm McCleary Rd doesn't actually go to the highway anymore...it dead ends at a driveway. All the buildings along is are residences and home businesses.

Reminder:
Let me help clear this up.

Yes the search is on Friday. The reason the hours are the way they are is so more people can try and fit the search into their schedule. Groups are sent out all day long at different times.

How we usually do a search is we send out the last group at 4:30 PM.

As far as searches on Saturday and/or Sunday that decision is still being discussed.

If the search continues over the rest of the weekend we will let everyone know ASAP so you can plan.

Hope this helps.

Thank you everyone.

Remember, in the press release it says if you want to help organize donations please call the Laura Recovery Center first and they can tell you what is needed. Their number is 866-898-5723.

I love you all. Thank you for pitching in. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88108
BBM

I hate to say this as there is nothing I want more than to see this beautiful little girl come safely home BUT western Washington has got to be a killer's paradise. Miles upon miles of forestry, oceans, lakes, bogs, etc. I love the beauty of my home but it is a very bad place for people to come up missing. It is not unusual for skeletons to be found in our forests.:frown: Still hoping for a miracle!

I am looking for a body because that's all I can do. I still remain optimistic that Lindsey is alive and well.

I hate to say this as there is nothing I want more than to see this beautiful little girl come safely home BUT western Washington has got to be a killer's paradise. Miles upon miles of forestry, oceans, lakes, bogs, etc. I love the beauty of my home but it is a very bad place for people to come up missing. It is not unusual for skeletons to be found in our forests.:frown: Still hoping for a miracle!

Wow, I have to admit, I never thought of it that way, but you are right. I have stomped all over this place my entire life and only really seen a spec of it. It's sad to think that some perp would look at this beautiful place in such a way, but that is the reality of it. You can literally go a few miles in any direction and can be really isolated.

When I was young, my mom told me there were no such things as monsters, but as an adult, I know that just isn't true. Unfortunately they can look just like you and me. At least that monster that used to live in my closet, looked like a monster. He had red glowing eyes and I recognized him on site.

Not long ago, my 5 year old daughter asked me... "Papa are there such things as monsters?" At first I almost instinctively reacted and said "No", thinking of my closet monster, however after considering it for a moment, I couldn't tell her "No" because there truly are monsters out there. I did my best to explain that sometimes monsters look just like people. The more I tried to explain it, the more confused I think I made her. However, I told her, whoever hurt or took Lindsey, was a monster and that it could have been someone she knew. She just didn't recognize the monster disguised as a human being.

I am looking for a body because that's all I can do. I still remain optimistic that Lindsey is alive and well.

Me too Mike, candles will remain lit and glowing! Thanks so much for your great commitment and good luck to all in the coming renewed search efforts. Wish I could do one of those "second life" fly overs to help out.

It's extremely refreshing to see the absolute commitment of you locals. It's like a remaining life line and no matter how stagnant things seem to be getting, it's people like you who will keep the flame burning for Lindsey. :clap::clap::clap:

Ok so i cheated & used my cell phone
IMG00008-20090827-1840.jpg

IMG00009-20090827-1840.jpg

IMG00010-20090827-1841.jpg

IMG00011-20090827-1900.jpg

IMG00012-20090827-1902.jpg

IMG00013-20090827-1905.jpg

IMG00014-20090827-1919.jpg

IMG00015-20090827-1924.jpg

IMG00016-20090827-1925.jpg

IMG00020-20090827-1942.jpg

IMG00021-20090827-1942.jpg

IMG00022-20090827-1944.jpg

IMG00023-20090827-1944.jpg

IMG00024-20090827-1945.jpg

IMG00025-20090827-1950.jpg

IMG00026-20090827-1951.jpg

IMG00027-20090827-1951.jpg

IMG00028-20090827-1951.jpg

IMG00029-20090827-1952.jpg

IMG00032-20090827-2002.jpg

jvk.. blue shirt, cell phone, pad of paper, pen, dark spikey hair, asked about the tape?

I thought you were the green shirt along the left wall with the expensive camera gear.

jvk.. blue shirt, cell phone, pad of paper, pen, dark spikey hair, asked about the tape?

Yes

I thought you were the green shirt along the left wall with the expensive camera gear.

Nope, but that guy was from The Daily World (Aberdeen) - I thanked him for their support. They've done a decent job keeping the story alive.

I also got the ear of Marc Klaas for a couple minutes & discussed the AA system. - Thanks Marc

Yes

Nope, but that guy was from The Daily World (Aberdeen) - I thanked him for their support. They've done a decent job keeping the story alive.

I also got the ear of Marc Klaas for a couple minutes & discussed the AA system. - Thanks Marc

You are younger than I expected.

good to know The Daily World was there. I was a little disappointed that other news stations didn't show up.

And good for you talking to Marc about that. I'm glad you got that chance. Everyone there was very nice. I can't wait to work a little closer with them.

I was a little surprised q13 was there to be honest. It's as if they're making an effort.

Thank you for the pictures Jvk.. they came out pretty good.. Appreciate it.

I was a little surprised q13 was there to be honest. It's as if they're making an effort.

Was that you I just seen on the tv?

Heh, you tell me was it? i wasn't watching. q13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en