Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most under looked part of the investigation. She told everybody where she was going next. But it really hasn't been looked into if she made it there or what happened there.

You also have to remember she sent that text to a mystery friend at 9:15PM, it was one of the friends down in SC, but yet they reported her missing to her boyfriend at 9:30PM.

Something else has crossed my mind - this supposed text at 9:15 pm, did it really take place- remember this is what her "supposed friends" are saying. There is only one way to find out if the text took place and that is get ahold of the detail record of her phone from the carrier.

A friend of mine has done this in the recent past and busted her husband cheating.

Nothing and that is my whole point, if Brittanee just sent a text to one of the friends saying she's going to another friends hotel why contact her boyfriend saying they can't find her?

Possibly this is just their story, that she did send a text. Maybe she really didn't.

and also, how would these friends know she sent the text unless 1). it was to one of them in this circle? 2) they made up this story to cover themselves.

This is the article I was speaking of in my last posting. It is bolded by me the paragraph I was referring to.

I do believe the 9:15 text was confirmed by the WCMF interviews with the Drexel's.

I think it was the 8:45 text that was in some question - but have seen it referred to in several news articles as this text was more than likely to JO and this is the supposed text stating that she was going to another friend's hotel.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S912873.shtml?cat=572

Boyfriend of missing Chili teen speaks out 5/4/09

It has now been 9 days since a Gates-Chili HS student disappeared from MB.

There has been an all out search for BD. And still no sign of the 17-yr-old. She was in SC on spring break.

BD's bf, a 19-yr-old from Chili, believes BD has been abducted. JG said, “It is not a runaway. I can tell you that right now.”

JG says he's known BD for 2 1/2 yrs & she would not runaway. “She could not drop her brother & sister, her grandfather. She knows her grandfather has a bad heart. She would not put her family through this.”

JG has been in MB for the past week searching for his girlfriend. He was in Rochester when she disappeared & is back in Rochester for a day to take care of some business & he's headed back as soon as he can get a flight out.

JG has put college & his job on hold. “Even though every instinct is telling me she's not in MB anymore. It's still a lot easier to walk the beach & hand out flyers than to sit at home & talk about it.”

JG was possibly the last person to communicate w/BD. JG sent her a text & she never responded. He broke the news to her family that she was in MB & missing. “Once I talked to her friends I found out that she walked back to her hotel alone & that was the last contact I had w/her & that's when I knew something was wrong.”

JG says about 8 people, mostly family members from Rochester, are in MB searching for the Gates-Chili HS junior.

He says they hand out flyers & talk to people everyday. JG is convinced BD has been abducted & is no longer in MB. “My gut is telling me she's out there, she's alive & somebody has her & is doing horrible things to her.”

No matter what, JG says he won't give up. “Everything's been devoted to BD so I'm hoping this pays off.”

JG will be headed back to SC w/his father. He says BDs family is coping as best as possible. He says the support from Rochester is helping tremendously.

Possibly this is just their story, that she did send a text. Maybe she really didn't.

and also, how would these friends know she sent the text unless 1). it was to one of them in this circle? 2) they made up this story to cover themselves.

The 8:45 text has been spoken of in several news articles about BD going to another hotel - and MBPD has not stated anything to the contrary that I know of regarding this text and this time.

I still believe that if BD was "gone" by 8:20 - this 8:45 text wouldn't have exactly been by her...that maybe the perp did it to buy time or had BD do it to buy time...the same with the 9:15 text to who I believe was JG.

What would really be interesting to know... Is what cell towers were pinged at 8:45 and 9:15 for these texts...

Sure hope that LE did obtain the cell phone records of the dates and times of all phone activity. Looks like they could obtain the records of these "friends" as well? but would they have to have more hard evidence to get a court order to obtain those?

When looking on the website of HelpFindtheMissing.org, under the "found safe" category, there was this one 16-year-old and I was really stunned to see this

"The girl’s mother fears her daughter may have been lured into a sex trafficking ring in Puerto Rico by an older man on Myspace. A note the teen left behind indicates that she believed she was going to Puerto Rico to get into boxing. xxxx’s car was found at Metro Airport. A travel agency sold the ticket to the teen. Travel Resources told Action News the teen appeared to be more mature than 16."

This is shocking to me that these perverts are able to reach out to these young girls and probably boys too on these internet websites. I think I did read that LE had obtained the computer that Brittanee had used in their home, but not positive. Of course this particular case here...he probably was conversing with her on Myspace and discovered that her interest was in boxing and lured her that way. Thank goodness they got her soon enough.

It woudn't be logical that she sent the 9:15PM text to her boyfriend. He was in NY and probably wouldn't have even understood it. She said in the 9:15PM text, that she "was going to another friends hotel." It is more logical she was sending that text to one of the girls down there since Jenn was waiting for her to bring back her shorts (at least thats what we have been told). Another thing doesn't fit, if she sent the 9:15PM text to her boyfriend why would he report her missing at 9:30PM?

It has obviously been 4 months and while we can point the finger at people nobody can substantiate anything. The two things that stick out are of course; the 9:15PM text, there are legitimate questions where you cant just say oh maybe this happened. And I also find it interesting that her boyfriend started texting her ultimately threatening to tell on her being in MB if she wouldn't respond to him in only about a 30-45 min gap of not conversation.

That's an interesting way to look at it, Doc. I have thought about JG's reasons for running to DD a lot myself.

There are so many unanswered questions in this case. I truly hope that Britt comes home safe some day. :(

Sure hope that LE did obtain the cell phone records of the dates and times of all phone activity. Looks like they could obtain the records of these "friends" as well? but would they have to have more hard evidence to get a court order to obtain those?

I believe a court order would be needed for the "friends" phone records, but not Brittanees's.

Why did JG and BD delete their myspace accounts before she left? I wonder if the police have taken these computers for possible answers?

So BD has another myspace account that her "friend" is running, at least that is what is being told. The account was started in 2007.

It woudn't be logical that she sent the 9:15PM text to her boyfriend. He was in NY and probably wouldn't have even understood it. She said in the 9:15PM text, that she "was going to another friends hotel." It is more logical she was sending that text to one of the girls down there since Jenn was waiting for her to bring back her shorts (at least thats what we have been told). Another thing doesn't fit, if she sent the 9:15PM text to her boyfriend why would he report her missing at 9:30PM?

It has obviously been 4 months and while we can point the finger at people nobody can substantiate anything. The two things that stick out are of course; the 9:15PM text, there are legitimate questions where you cant just say oh maybe this happened. And I also find it interesting that her boyfriend started texting her ultimately threatening to tell on her being in MB if she wouldn't respond to him in only about a 30-45 min gap of not conversation.

Every article I have read and every audio I have heard it has been stated that the text at 8:45 is the one stating that she was going to another hotel.

I have been searching for that one article of the 9:15 text and haven't found it yet...but am still looking and am most certain it stated that this text was to JG and that he responded with the text at 9:16 and she didn't respond back.

With that being said. It would appear to me that if BD & JG had been texting right up to that time (referring back to the article I posted yesterday), if she didn't respond within a few minutes - that I have to believe that JG contacted someone from that group she went with asking if BD was with them or knew of where she was going. I would also have to venture a guess when these others didn't know where she was that maybe one of them would have given him PB's number to see if she was with those guys.

Which would lead me to believe that if JG found out she wasn't with any of these people and she's not answering her phone/texts then something is wrong...especially if he knew that she was walking alone at the time.

Every article I have read and every audio I have heard it has been stated that the text at 8:45 is the one stating that she was going to another hotel.

I have been searching for that one article of the 9:15 text and haven't found it yet...but am still looking and am most certain it stated that this text was to JG and that he responded with the text at 9:16 and she didn't respond back.

With that being said. It would appear to me that if BD & JG had been texting right up to that time (referring back to the article I posted yesterday), if she didn't respond within a few minutes - that I have to believe that JG contacted someone from that group she went with asking if BD was with them or knew of where she was going. I would also have to venture a guess when these others didn't know where she was that maybe one of them would have given him PB's number to see if she was with those guys.

Which would lead me to believe that if JG found out she wasn't with any of these people and she's not answering her phone/texts then something is wrong...especially if he knew that she was walking alone at the time.

I don't know if it was the 8:45 or the 9:15 text. I thought it was the 9:15 but one of them said she was going to another friends hotel. I don't understand why it hasnt been disclosed who this text was too. Maybe that person knows of the hotel where she was headed since Brittanee felt it was pertinent to even text it to someone and furthermore after people started looking for her after JG started calling around, someone should have been able to tell him I just got this text about her going to another friends hotel. It just seems like that text was completely ignored.

I don't know if it was the 8:45 or the 9:15 text. I thought it was the 9:15 but one of them said she was going to another friends hotel. I don't understand why it hasnt been disclosed who this text was too. Maybe that person knows of the hotel where she was headed since Brittanee felt it was pertinent to even text it to someone and furthermore after people started looking for her after JG started calling around, someone should have been able to tell him I just got this text about her going to another friends hotel. It just seems like that text was completely ignored.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/where-is-brittanee-marie-drexel.html

Where is Brittanee Marie Drexel?
April 29, 2009

Quote of article
At about 8:45 p.m., Brittanee sent a text message to one of her travel companions, informing the companion that she was on her way back. What happened to Brittanee after that remains a mystery.

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0509/621283.html

Authorities Call off Search for Missing Teen05/09/09 7:16 pm

Quote from article:
Grieco and Brittanee have dated for the past three years. He was the last person to speak with her.

“We were mid conversation about what she was going to do that night,” Grieco added. “I knew once I didn’t receive a response from the text message I sent her, I knew something was up.”

This next news article has been removed from their (Democrat & Chronicle) newspaper site - however the article remains at:

http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13346&page=3

post #26
Monroe deputies join hunt for missing teen
April 29, 2009

Partial Quote:
Oberer said she last heard from Drexel, via text, about 8:45 p.m. In that message, Drexel told Oberer that she was on her way back to the motel.

I have debated for a while on whether or not I even want to be involved in this conversation. I just can't stand the talking in circles any longer and if anyone is going to have any ideas that are productive there are a few things that you need to get off the table.

As for the last post about a text to someone else:
It was completely ignored because it didn't exist. There was no text to someone stating that she was going to another hotel. There was the text to JO about her returning at 8:45 and all others were w/JG. He was alarmed and called DD because in the 3 years that he has known her she has always responded immediately and this time she didn't. Also given the content of her last text he knew that she would be following up w/something else. Given those 2 things and no response from her, he knew something was wrong.

Below are some things that were posted that I just want to comment on, I have noted the users that posted them.

From eeyorelrn
1) Were any of cell phone pings for any of the guys from Rochester that were in MB ever investigated, or even tracked for that matter?
I was told that all the phones of everyone in the groups were pinged. Including JG, JH, DD, CD, etc Keep in mind that not all of the people in the groups were on the MBPD report though so...my curious mind wonders if one was missed. But I know that JG and JH were included.

2) Were there cameras at any other entrances of the Bluewater Resort other than just at the main entrance? If so, were those checked to see if any of the boys left out a different entrance around the same time BD did?

There was not a camera at ALL entrances. This was something that I had to know for myself I have asked this from day one. So given this -ANYONE could have come in or out of any other entrance that was not "maned" by a camera.

From MBLover

*The other person who has flown under the radar in all of this is PO
Actually if you look at the MBPD reports there are others that aren't mentioned. A ton of these kids aren't even being looked at. LD, NC, KS, AH, VN were all older boys that were there w/the 3 girls. None of them are under any suspicions whatsoever in the media.

especially since PB said he "didn't know Britt like that"... -I find this statement in the media laughable since he was w/her most of her trip in MB, he helped pay for her food and he knew her prior to MB and disliked JG for being her BF and was jealous she didn't want to be w/him instead.

***BTW- the camera times are not 7:55 & 8:13 those were incorrect. The times released in the media were the correct times.

I have debated for a while on whether or not I even want to be involved in this conversation. I just can't stand the talking in circles any longer and if anyone is going to have any ideas that are productive there are a few things that you need to get off the table.

As for the last post about a text to someone else:
It was completely ignored because it didn't exist. There was no text to someone stating that she was going to another hotel. There was the text to JO about her returning at 8:45 and all others were w/JG. He was alarmed and called DD because in the 3 years that he has known her she has always responded immediately and this time she didn't. Also given the content of her last text he knew that she would be following up w/something else. Given those 2 things and no response from her, he knew something was wrong.

Below are some things that were posted that I just want to comment on, I have noted the users that posted them.

From eeyorelrn
1) Were any of cell phone pings for any of the guys from Rochester that were in MB ever investigated, or even tracked for that matter?
I was told that all the phones of everyone in the groups were pinged. Including JG, JH, DD, CD, etc Keep in mind that not all of the people in the groups were on the MBPD report though so...my curious mind wonders if one was missed. But I know that JG and JH were included.

2) Were there cameras at any other entrances of the Bluewater Resort other than just at the main entrance? If so, were those checked to see if any of the boys left out a different entrance around the same time BD did?

There was not a camera at ALL entrances. This was something that I had to know for myself I have asked this from day one. So given this -ANYONE could have come in or out of any other entrance that was not "maned" by a camera.

From MBLover

*The other person who has flown under the radar in all of this is PO
Actually if you look at the MBPD reports there are others that aren't mentioned. A ton of these kids aren't even being looked at. LD, NC, KS, AH, VN were all older boys that were there w/the 3 girls. None of them are under any suspicions whatsoever in the media.

especially since PB said he "didn't know Britt like that"... -I find this statement in the media laughable since he was w/her most of her trip in MB, he helped pay for her food and he knew her prior to MB and disliked JG for being her BF and was jealous she didn't want to be w/him instead.

***BTW- the camera times are not 7:55 & 8:13 those were incorrect. The times released in the media were the correct times.

Glad to see you back KCaswell!

You're right about the other boys...I didn't necessarily mean just PO, as I had referenced the others in a previous post.

I'm interested in knowing why now the 7:55 and 8:13 times are incorrect...Since that was stated by both DD and JP (atty) on the WCMF interviews.

I also thought it odd that PB said he "didn't know BD like that"... It was more than obvious he did and obvious that he has known her for quite some time.

It's been a long day so forgive me...but you mention that it's been ignored because it didn't exist...are you referring to the supposed text of that she was going to some other hotel? And the 8:45 text just being that she was returning to the BH where JO was?

Thanks!

Glad to see you back KCaswell!

You're right about the other boys...I didn't necessarily mean just PO, as I had referenced the others in a previous post.

I'm interested in knowing why now the 7:55 and 8:13 times are incorrect...Since that was stated by both DD and JP (atty) on the WCMF interviews.

I also thought it odd that PB said he "didn't know BD like that"... It was more than obvious he did and obvious that he has known her for quite some time.

It's been a long day so forgive me...but you mention that it's been ignored because it didn't exist...are you referring to the supposed text of that she was going to some other hotel? And the 8:45 text just being that she was returning to the BH where JO was?

Thanks!

OK for starters you will notice that a lot of things that are in the audios and the media if you look long enough can be negated. You can find a source to say one thing and then another source that says the exact opposite. With that said DD & another source told me that the times were not correct. Plus, think about it- how would she be seen on a street cam ON THE WAY to PB's hotel at 8:15 if those times were right, if the other times were correct than all the times make sense.

Yes I meant that the text about another hotel didn't exist. Like I said she texted JO that she was on her way back and she was texting JG. But there was no text that she was going to another hotel or to anyone else.

Also- the Myspaces-those were deleted in agreement between Brittanee & JG because of all the drama it was causing w/the 2 of them. The "brittylush" page out there is being run by someone else that neither DD, JG or TVF seem to know. She has been asked to call DD and has not. So you have to ask yourself- what kind of friend is that to have all that info and pics out there of her friend and refuse to call your friends mother? There has also been a Myspace noted on these threads for JG- J fcukin_Gotti-that one is fake as well. I happen to mention it to JG and he had no clue what I was talking about. Seems someone is running something on that as well. JG has no social networking site at all.

So w/this my question would be-w/as many times as kids have sent up fake pages of eachother "picking" on one another is this what that "Brittylush" page was? Or was someone copying her page over and pretending they were her for attention? After all we know there was plenty of reason to be jealous of her. Or did she really have a 2nd page set up....but keep in mind, most of the info on the page , the "about me" facts, from what I have been told are pretty much 100% wrong.

Bottomline is that there is a lot more in this case than people think. The further you get into it the more questions you have, the more people you talk to the more you find out and yet even more questions arise. I can only hope that we find an answer either way for Britt one day. Until then, like many of you, I will think of her everyday and wonder when she will come home.

OK for starters you will notice that a lot of things that are in the audios and the media if you look long enough can be negated. You can find a source to say one thing and then another source that says the exact opposite. With that said DD & another source told me that the times were not correct. Plus, think about it- how would she be seen on a street cam ON THE WAY to PB's hotel at 8:15 if those times were right, if the other times were correct than all the times make sense.

Yes I meant that the text about another hotel didn't exist. Like I said she texted JO that she was on her way back and she was texting JG. But there was no text that she was going to another hotel or to anyone else.

Also- the Myspaces-those were deleted in agreement between Brittanee & JG because of all the drama it was causing w/the 2 of them. The "brittylush" page out there is being run by someone else that neither DD, JG or TVF seem to know. She has been asked to call DD and has not. So you have to ask yourself- what kind of friend is that to have all that info and pics out there of her friend and refuse to call your friends mother? There has also been a Myspace noted on these threads for JG- J fcukin_Gotti-that one is fake as well. I happen to mention it to JG and he had no clue what I was talking about. Seems someone is running something on that as well. JG has no social networking site at all.

So w/this my question would be-w/as many times as kids have sent up fake pages of eachother "picking" on one another is this what that "Brittylush" page was? Or was someone copying her page over and pretending they were her for attention? After all we know there was plenty of reason to be jealous of her. Or did she really have a 2nd page set up....but keep in mind, most of the info on the page , the "about me" facts, from what I have been told are pretty much 100% wrong.

Bottomline is that there is a lot more in this case than people think. The further you get into it the more questions you have, the more people you talk to the more you find out and yet even more questions arise. I can only hope that we find an answer either way for Britt one day. Until then, like many of you, I will think of her everyday and wonder when she will come home.

Okay, Thanks for clearing that up. I think I had mentioned in one of our talks previously (on another forum) that I was wondering how BD could be in 2 places at one time... On the street cam at 8:15...and yet be in PB's room or just leaving...

So why would people supposedly in the know perpetuate the times of 7:55 and 8:13 if those times are wrong and the media had it right? Which would have been roughly 8:20 and 8:45 (entering/leaving).

And yeah...there are still lots of lingering questions... And I do hope BD will come home soon!

KCaswell,
Just wanted to give you a huge shout out for helping to keep the facts straight. You are sooo right in the fact that you can find all sorts of media stories, and the first one be contradicted by the next one, and that one contradicted by a third one, ect. It keeps us informed of the true facts, and definitely keeps us on the right trail so to speak. If you do have the chance to speak to DD and JG again, please let them know that there are those of us who are keeping them and Brittanee in our prayers, and will do whatever we can to help them get Brittanee back home safe to them.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

eeyorelrn

I just find it really hard to wrap my head around the times...

It was stated by MBPD that the cam times had to be adjusted...the times on the cams were wrong...

Then...

It was stated by a couple people in "the know" that those times weren't right (when I first listed the time line over on FB)...

Then...

Both DD & JP (who are 2 people who should definitely be in the know) come out with the supposed correct times on the WCMF audio files and then this is in subsequent news articles...

Now...

We have this comment by made by a fellow poster...that the media had the times right and the family and lawyer didn't...

Why would the media, who was supposedly wrong, now have the right information over the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay