2008.06.16 James T. says he saw Caylee alive around Noon #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a lot of people are putting too much emphasis on the importance of JT's written statement. His statement is not so crucial that if it is discredited, it would impact the trial. It may serve to support a "timeline" presented by the SA, but I doubt that anything hinges on it. As experts will testify to a timeframe that death likely occurred, the SA will likely offer this witness testimony as supporting a sighting of Caylee as of a certain date. His claims may be discredited, but they have been made AND he has given a sworn statement.

I think that speculation into conversations that could have occurred, questioning her need for a monitor, etc....may be overanalyzing this statement. I think its' relevence is nothing more than an opportunity to support a timeframe in this case. Often a witness will take their oath, be asked one question, give a brief answer, and then thanked for their time. Put enough of those brief statements together, and you have supporting testimony to add credibility to your claim as it may be.

Just keep repeating.."he's on the state witness list for a reason" over and over...

I like this guy cuz he is full of warts and not all that slick. We've taken a couple of badly phrased sentences, probably made in summation after several verbal interviews, and turned this guy into a perv. Frankly I'm more worried about the slick witness types in PowerPoint presentation mode. Let's face it, I doubt any of us would be all that impressed with men who found her wildly attractive or interesting - they don't strike me as all that street smart if they couldn't see what a hot mess she was. And most women are not clouded by testosterone. I'm just hoping his story has been vetted enough that they might be able to use him - even if he is an idiot horndog - to narrow the window of time on the 16th.

(Respectfully snipped)
I totally agree with the first part of this snipped section of your post and this rant isn't directed at you! I rarely repspond in defence of any of the players or potential players in the case and I don't really want to defend this guy either but I've seen him called "freak", "pervert" etc. I mean, no wonder he waited a year to come forward, this is the kind of treatment he knew he'd be subjected to (assuming of course he's legitimate, which I'm not sure about but I don't see him as a weirdo at all).

I don't know what the male/female ratio is on this site but I'm pretty sure it's predominently female just from my observations. That being said it doesn't surprise me that it's hard for a lot of you to understand or try to understand where this guy's coming from. So what if he thought she had a nice body, she does! She's very attractive too. Is she a dispicable human being? IMO yes. But don't rake a guy over the coals for being honest about how he was feeling a year ago after seeing a pretty woman.

If this guy's a pervert and a freak for what he said/thought then I'm in big trouble, and don't forget he's describing the way he felt after seeing her for the first time. It's not like he knew her and the type of person she is. IMO that's the only saving grace that KC has is her looks and her body, why wouldn't a man notice that.

P.S. Anybody who really believes that just about any 42 year old man won't look at just about any attractive 22 year old woman in a "more than friendly" manner needs to catch up with the real world.

FWIW...

1) I spent some time this evening w/ 6/16 pings. I detailed in a post here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4241646&postcount=344"] (link)[/ame] the four time period candidates, IMHO, that best fit a potential sighting of Casey & Calyee @ either Walmart or Techbay 6/16. Two of the four candidates stand out IMHO.

2) Georgia PI was kind enough to update the 6/10 ping map to add markers for both Techbay & Walmart AND the 6/16 ping map to show Walmart. Big TY, Georgia PI. :thumb:

Okay? He apparently was walking with Caylee or he wouldn't be talking to her, right?

I mean how much are we going to change this guy's statement before we have to be the ones that get on the stand instead of him? We've changed the dates he states, we've changed the locations things happened as he stated them. Why don't we just pitch the whole thing out and re-write it the way we want it.

I do not believe that a person can get mixed up in their head (not when they give the specificity and minute detail this guy is giving) the two extremely different scenarios of 1. walking into a WalMart and MEETING Caylee as she is coming out of a WalMart door, with 2. being in your own store, while you are talking to her and she is LEAVING.

Serious - you guys are the one thinking this is so important. If it's that important why are you all insisting on changing almost everything about it!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I must agree here! Everyone has their own opinion but come on people, give the guy a chance!!!! Here is someone outside the loop coming forward, which they need!!!!

Come on, If LE took him under their wing, let's just sit back and be hopeful?
Justice for Caylee!!!!!!

How do we know if this guy came forward or if LE found him through a business card or when they deposed AL. KC was with AL the day he picked his car up which was across the street from this guys store. Maybe this would explain the delay in his statement to LE.

FWIW...

1) I spent some time this evening w/ 6/16 pings. I detailed in a post here (link) the four time period candidates, IMHO, that best fit a potential sighting of Casey & Calyee @ either Walmart or Techbay 6/16. Two of the four candidates stand out IMHO.

2) Georgia PI was kind enough to update the 6/10 ping map to add markers for both Techbay & Walmart AND the 6/16 ping map to show Walmart. Big TY, Georgia PI. :thumb:

Periods of pure inactivity >1hr 6/16 begin (not showing ending activity for brevity) with the following events:

6/16/08 MON 1:54:41 AM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Anthony Lazzaro
6/16/08 MON 3:22:49 AM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Anthony Lazzaro
6/16/08 MON 7:45:51 AM INCOMING CALL George & Cindy Anthony Casey Anthony
6/16/08 MON 8:46:34 AM OUTGOING TEXT Casey Anthony Anthony Lazzaro
6/16/08 MON 11:52:51 AM INCOMING TEXT MySpace Alert 1697722 Casey Anthony
6/16/08 MON 1:44:54 PM OUTGOING CALL Casey Anthony Amy Huzienga
6/16/08 MON 4:53:33 PM INCOMING TEXT Facebook Alert 132665187 Casey Anthony
6/16/08 MON 8:03:10 PM INCOMING CALL Mark Hawkins Casey Anthony
6/16/08 MON 9:04:01 PM INCOMING TEXT Voicemail/Message Waiting Casey Anthony
6/16/08 MON 11:17:43 PM INCOMING TEXT Amy Huzienga Casey Anthony

BJB,
Just pitching these out as slight refinements on the list above:

11:29-11:47 AM CALL FROM TL
11:43 AM INCOMING TEXT MySpace Alert 1697722 Casey Anthony.
There's also the 11:47 AM UPLOADING PHOTO TO PHOTOBUCKET at Anthony IP.

12:53-12:55 KC AND TL TEXTING
1:00-1:13 CALL FROM TL
1:26-1:27 KC AND JG TEXTING

Then between 2:17 (end of call to AH) and 4:53 (facebook alert) there are multiple calls (attempts) made by KC as well as some texting with TL, but the earliest one is at 2:52-3:04 KC calls JG and the latest is 4:25 (attempt to call CA). Now all the activity prior to 4:25 places KC at/near the Anthony home. In fact, the last ping to place her at near the Anthony home is at 4:14 on an attempt to call Gentiva (or Lexus or whatever you want to call that number). The drive time from the Anthony home is approximately 18 minutes and the next ping is at 4:18 placing her in between the Anthony home and TL's apartment which indicates she's traveling that way. Then the 4:25 call to CA places her at/near TL's apartment which would indicate around 4:07 give or take a few minutes she left the Anthony area on her trek to TL's.

Basically, what this leaves us with is only one time period where she has more than about 1 hour to go all the way to the Casselberry WalMart and back to the Anthony home on the 16th and that's from 8:46 am to 11:29 am in the morning.

P.S. Which is a reasonable amount of time to make the trip work out btw. AND, with the approximate 23 minute travel time from the WalMart to the Anthony home would place her leaving the Walmart right at 11:00 a.m. to maybe as late as 11:10. That's close enough to qualify as "around lunch" to make the guy's account work for me.

Ripley ur awesome, I love u. But if checking out a girl's cleavage and legs makes him a pervert, I think an awful lot of men fall into that category. But you could be right. who knows in this insane case?

I agree with you, lust has been around since the beginning of time and is alive and well. Many a man I told with a laugh, sir you are old enough to be my father, to which one man replied, I can be anything you like. Good thing I had been schooled by Gram about men and mid life crisis jokes. Lust is a very powerful thing and can make a man act a fool in a second. If she was dressed as he described, it was likely something he would remember well. I don't think that makes him a pervert, just a normal red blooded man. I cannot cut him any slack if he didn't come forward all this time and he KNEW the police were trying to figure out if the baby died the day before he saw her alive, but calling him a pervert because he admitted he was turned on is just not remembering what it was like to be 20. When men do double takes, it isn't their bible or their wife they are thinking of, it is visceral, it is lust and attraction. Just as wishin' for younger days is a very common thing. LOL!

I have not read or followed this thread but have a quick question. Does this sighting of KC correspond to the ping maps as to her location at this time?

ETA: My question has been answered by QB, so there is no need for additional responses to my post :) I am just trying to head off unecessary posts.
I see that my question has been a major part of the discussion.

I have not read or followed this thread but have a quick question. Does this sighting of KC correspond to the ping maps as to her location at this time?

That has sort of been the contentious issue on this thread, that and the doors.

BJB has outlined the pings for that day and theorizes there was a small window of opportunity a few times throughout the day but most likely around 11am, IIRC, and if I am not mistaken.

Makes you wonder if she put her in the trunk as punishment when leaving there or if things escalated on the way home and that's when she either beat her, taped her mouth shut, or anything. Poor Caylee.

Check out [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4232259&postcount=351]this post.[/ame]

That has sort of been the contentious issue on this thread, that and the doors.

JBJ has outlined the pings for that day and theorizes there was a small window of opportunity a few times throughout the day but most likely around 11am, IIRC, and if I am not mistaken.
thank you, I will read up on it then.

Everything this guy says seems so Casey-like though.
I can't explain the part about the WalMart doors but everything
else seems quite believable to me, especially Casey showing her jealousy towards Caylee in the pc store.

Not all doors are automatic even on the front of the stores, especially an older store.

ETA: Even with automatic doors, there are differences in sensitivity. As an adult, sometimes I have to move around a bit to get one to open and there's also the possibility they were exiting through an entrance, kwim?

God I hate KC. Most of her friends say that she was very good with Caylee... very attentive to her needs, which I believe was a front. I think this mans statement is very close to how their relationship actually was. KC being the narcissist she is was jealous of an innocent child and Caylee paid the price for it.

Reading things like that breaks my heart.. thinking of Caylee being so happy about the beanie baby. I bet KC probably threw it out the window afterwards just to be a beeyotch. So though it breaks my heart, I do like seeing how things really were, instead of hearing cindy or anyone elses crap about how KC was a good attentive mom.

This mans interview is like Maria Kissh (sp?) .. how KC didn't even care that Caylee was on the balcony around complete strangers, while she slutted around in Tony's room.

Again, I loathe KC and wish I could get my hands on her for just 5-10 min.

Those friends also mentioned KC taking Caylee to parties and Caylee 'sleeping through anything.' Just sayin' that maybe the friends' criteria for a good parent that is attentive to a child's needs and mine are more than somewhat different.

My other problem with his statement is the fact she was looking for a LCD monitor so she could use her laptop. Now, we all know her screen wouldn't come on. But, she could've easily taken the cheap way out and buy cable to connect from her laptop to Tony's monitor so she could continue using her laptop.

Or but a cable to connect her laptop with someone else's and use their screen on their laptop.

Which would have been an awkward solution when both wanted to use a computer at the same time. Besides, it was Amy's money, why not go for a bigger monitor more commensurate with her bigtime event planner job? I mean, it was a business expense and all...

She wouldn't have to open it by herself. They have automatic doors.:banghead:

None of our walmarts have automatic doors. There is a handicap entrance you can use, but it is not necessary to use that door to get in.

Which would have been an awkward solution when both wanted to use a computer at the same time. Besides, it was Amy's money, why not go for a bigger monitor more commensurate with her bigtime event planner job? I mean, it was a business expense and all...

It wasn't Amy's money (the theft didn't take place for 3 more weeks), and I know of no where that her monitor was out until the day she was arrested. Further to that, I don't believe it said her monitor was out. I believe it said the laptop was blue screened and wouldn't boot up. But TL states it was working just before CA drug her out of the apartment.

None of our walmarts have automatic doors. There is a handicap entrance you can use, but it is not necessary to use that door to get in.

I believe it has been established, by some one who went to this walmart, that the front doors are automatic.

BJB,
Just pitching these out as slight refinements on the list above:

11:29-11:47 AM CALL FROM TL
11:43 AM INCOMING TEXT MySpace Alert 1697722 Casey Anthony.
There's also the 11:47 AM UPLOADING PHOTO TO PHOTOBUCKET at Anthony IP.
*snipped*

FWIW...

• I don't have an 11:29-11:47AM call from Tony. I have an incoming call from Tony that initiated @ 11:47 w/ 19 minute duration that would've ended @ 12:06 if my math is correct.
  • In the ping thread analysis I provided a conservative estimate that includes ignoring activity that didn't require Casey to be in attendance w/ her phone (e.g. if she left it @ home). Starting conservative allows one to make one's own assumptions and eliminate accordingly.
  • Using Google Maps I get different travel times vs. what you provided. Of course, traffic conditions, etc. mean that travel time will vary...but has been reasonable accurate when comparied to pings historically. For example...IIRC, a travel time of 23mins from G&C's to Tony's apt works pretty well. Also getting a 29-30min travel time from G&C's to Walmart.

Went into great detail on the pings in the 6/16 ping thread and provided the link in post #254 and details on assumptions, etc. there vs. getting into the minutia of pings here:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4241674&postcount=524"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Witness says he saw Caylee alive around noon on 06.16.08[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper