FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to try to focus on happy things today, but was unable to. I guess my kids will never know the carefree childhood that I did. Yes we may have been oblivious back then I know. But we don't even have that anymore.

I just blogged if anyone is interested too...

Wow Melley.. Welcome To WS.. please stay and post with us..

I blogged Melley.. I have never done that yet.. yours was the first.. wow... that was cool.... Doesn't take much to entertain me.. huh??? :dance:

I miss the good old days.. I just pray for my grand-babies now to be safe...

Enjoy your posting with us here on ws.. :woohoo:

I just finished reading 15 pages of pete and repeat.
LE and Media remain MUM and nothing else for us to spin.

I completely understand wanting to seal the deal for the perp, if and when they catch him, however I cannot imagine living in that community with LE not telling them anything, except a child killer is on the loose. I would be out of my mind by now. kwim

I am so thankful that Somer was found-- at least this is not another Trenton case. I want so bad for this monster to get off the streets away from our children--

Tomorrow is a new day, so tonight I say my prayers again.

Justice for Somer...!

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-mother-talks-to-Americas-Most-Wanted/Be6pn4F3ukWYfdxfAobS6Q.cspx

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It's quiet outside Somer Thompson's home. There are no longer cars filling her yard or police standing guard, just the sound of the wind blowing purple ribbons all around. Now, a mother is forced to face reality.

"I knew she was gone. I had a feeling something bad had happened to her," Diena Thompson told America's Most Wanted. She was calm and collected. "I can't sleep or eat. I begged someone to please give her back."

Two weeks ago Monday, her daughter didn't come home from school. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena Thompson kept hoping for the best, but braced for the worst. Now, she just wants Somer's killer caught. She's hoping the attention on America's Most Wanted will help give police a tip to make that happen.

"I absolutely despise this person. Maybe someday God will grant me the strength to forgive him. I despise him and we are going to get you. You won't get away," said Diena.

Even though Diena maintained her composure talking to the show, she's hiding the pain of losing her little girl.

"I pray that people feel my pain. Don't let the fact that I'm not a weeping willow fool you. Inside I feel dead," said Diena.

You can see the story on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX30.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Somers-mother-talks-to-Americas-Most-Wanted/Be6pn4F3ukWYfdxfAobS6Q.cspx

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It's quiet outside Somer Thompson's home. There are no longer cars filling her yard or police standing guard, just the sound of the wind blowing purple ribbons all around. Now, a mother is forced to face reality.

"I knew she was gone. I had a feeling something bad had happened to her," Diena Thompson told America's Most Wanted. She was calm and collected. "I can't sleep or eat. I begged someone to please give her back."

Two weeks ago Monday, her daughter didn't come home from school. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena Thompson kept hoping for the best, but braced for the worst. Now, she just wants Somer's killer caught. She's hoping the attention on America's Most Wanted will help give police a tip to make that happen.

"I absolutely despise this person. Maybe someday God will grant me the strength to forgive him. I despise him and we are going to get you. You won't get away," said Diena.

Even though Diena maintained her composure talking to the show, she's hiding the pain of losing her little girl.

"I pray that people feel my pain. Don't let the fact that I'm not a weeping willow fool you. Inside I feel dead," said Diena.

You can see the story on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX30.

Tarabull did you notice what was behind DT?? Is that Somer's hair in a keepsake frame???

I hope they get whoever did this very very soon...

College starts scholarship in Somer's memory

Reported by: Kristen Cosby

Last Update: 10/28 6:29 pm

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- Florida State College's Kent Campus quickly turned Wednesday's annual fall festival into something bigger.

It's now a fundraiser for a Somer Thompson memorial scholarship.

Somer's mom, Diena, is a student at the Kent Campus.

Students like Brett Margeson helped however they could.

"Especially since it's one of our own students that this happened to. If it happens to her it happens to all of us," said Margeson

The school hopes to work with Diena on the details of the scholarship, perhaps offering it to other single moms.

FSC also offered Somer's mom a scholarship for the rest of the semester and next semester.

Well... the wind was certainly taken out of my sails.

I would really, really like a complete list of what we cannot post.

Right now I'm skittish. Grey areas are really hard for me.

I doubt it's related, but...

Is anyone listening to the scanner now? They just gave a brief live shot on Channel 4 of multiple police cars at a home in Fleming Island. The reporter didn't speculate and said the public relations officer is enroute to brief them.

Is anyone listening to the scanner now? They just gave a brief live shot on Channel 4 of multiple police cars at a home in Fleming Island. The reporter didn't speculate and said the public relations officer is enroute to brief them.

Live update indicates 2 or 3 people dead, children involved. No indication it's related to Somer.

10-4 have ears on now.. lol so tv coverage is over??? I was just looking at fleming island this morning on a map.. hmmmm

Live update indicates 2 or 3 people dead, children involved. No indication it's related to Somer.

wow that is a lot of people dead.. oh gosh children involved too.. what is this world coming to this month.. it has been a rough month on ws..

Media Video Reporter Talking about "kyle"......

http://www.wftv.com/video/21409330/index.html

Things I picked up from watching that video about 20 times. LOL

Kyle and george Vinson are colleagues.

I think the police might have given the reporter Kyles name to contact him or a neighbor saw a name on a company truck that was there and maybe Kyle is part of the painting crew.

It appears the home had a garage on the front left side and they have

just turned it into part of the house now and it looks like fresh paint

on the front of the house so maybe the workers were out front when
Somer went by.

Kyle says he is the last "known" person to see Somer according to the

reporter not just the last person to see her.

The medical examiner was not releasing the body in time for the
services so has Somer even been buried yet?

Things I picked up from watching that video about 20 times. LOL

Kyle and george Vinson are colleagues.

I think the police might have given the reporter Kyles name to contact him or a neighbor saw a name on a company truck that was there and maybe Kyle is part of the painting crew.

It appears the home had a garage on the front left side and they have

just turned it into part of the house now and it looks like fresh paint

on the front of the house so maybe the workers were out front when
Somer went by.

Kyle says he is the last "known" person to see Somer according to the

reporter not just the last person to see her.

The medical examiner was not releasing the body in time for the
services so has Somer even been buried yet?

That is what I thought also when I saw Cam's pics she posted yesterday. I asked her if house is freshly painted.. she said she would have to go back and check.. but she saw the pics too. guess she was watching her back last week taking pics and I don't blame her.. I just hope she is real careful..

Reporter said he tracked him down.. I did some searching on him and found either a younger guy or a older guy.. older guy is a appraiser for housing .. and that is as far as I have gotten on that...

yes Somer is buried that is old video .. it was taken 1st night LE was at burned house..

The video is from Friday. Investigators have been searching a home near the abduction site for 24 hours. (10/23/09)

So Kyle is the last known person to see her.

1. Interesting about the painting crew and a WS sleuther noticed that the house was being painted.

2. So if the house is the crime scene (the "soot" comment indicates that to me, rather than toner from a printer), what happened between when Kyle saw her and she disappeared? Makes no sense what so ever. Doesn't appear possible.

3. Obviously the perp didn't expect her to be found, so hopefully he was careless with her and left plenty of clues

4. I ask again, what evidence does LE need to arrest someone? In the Olten case, they had very good suspicions,I imagine, but didn't arrest until they got a note. So what do they need? Kyle was swabbed, I'm sure, so what do people even imagine happened between being seen by Kyle and ending up in the house? If she went somewhere else, why use the house?

5. I think it has to be someone local who knows the garbage pick up date. No way would they want her to languish in a dumpster in Florida where discovery could happen.

The video is from Friday. Investigators have been searching a home near the abduction site for 24 hours. (10/23/09)

ok..

Did you notice also "kyle" said she RAN up to house.. no walked but ran .. hmm every time I watch it I catch something new..

ok..

Did you notice also "kyle" said she RAN up to house.. no walked but ran .. hmm every time I watch it I catch something new..

I know that thing is loaded with info. LOL

I also got the impression that could have just been Kyle or the reporter using the word renovations.

Interesting too the sister says the brother passed a polygraph.

So Kyle is the last known person to see her.

1. Interesting about the painting crew and a WS sleuther noticed that the house was being painted.

2. So if the house is the crime scene (the "soot" comment indicates that to me, rather than toner from a printer), what happened between when Kyle saw her and she disappeared? Makes no sense what so ever. Doesn't appear possible.

3. Obviously the perp didn't expect her to be found, so hopefully he was careless with her and left plenty of clues

4. I ask again, what evidence does LE need to arrest someone? In the Olten case, they had very good suspicions,I imagine, but didn't arrest until they got a note. So what do they need? Kyle was swabbed, I'm sure, so what do people even imagine happened between being seen by Kyle and ending up in the house? If she went somewhere else, why use the house?

5. I think it has to be someone local who knows the garbage pick up date. No way would they want her to languish in a dumpster in Florida where discovery could happen.

workers have been at the house for months off and on if not constantly.. why wouldn't they notice when trash pick up was.. even the mid size dumpsters. cans setting out at curbs etc..

maybe she did go on her merry way and then met up with a local..

I don't know about the toner tho.. I know the place my dh worked they printed on like the makeup plastic containers for revlon and he would come home a mess..

So are you saying the perp worked at the print place???

I don't think its like a regular printer like news paper ink..

I know that thing is loaded with info. LOL

I also got the impression that could have just been Kyle or the reporter using the word renovations.

Interesting too the sister says the brother passed a polygraph.

yes but from 2 other cases we know how people tell about passing those.. lol he could have.. but I would like to hear it from LE..

On Friday the 23 the reporter said they had 50 detectives working the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon