VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I heard that he is really really sick. Which is obvious. I think we are missing a chunk that will blow us away. We try to keep rationlizing his actions. when really there is no way possible to. I do think he did this in part to advertise for Horrorcore and to become famous. If he video taped a boat going through the water or his hand puppets do you think he could pass taping this? I have not tried to pry any info from local law EF as to respect for them. I know when I have talked about it a wave of sickness goes on in there eyes. I had seen the mother alot, but never seen the father or Emma.
I feel so old as I had not heard of Horrorcore before. I do wonder about the comment about the prophecy coming, although it was posted in March. Prob. just someone talking smack. I talked to someone who was at the preliminary hearing they just had. They said he still had the lil smirk on his face, but he was very polite.They asked if he worked and he said not now. I wonder why his family has not come to visit. If it was my loved one I would be there the next day no matter what. So sad. He chose his path though. I worry when the trial comes because some of the freaks might come to town. I will let you know if I hear anything. Let me know some questions you have and I can see if I can get answers for you.

Yea I cant imagine his family hasnt went to see him, perhaps they are waiting for the trial as they dont have money for two trips, in any case my family would be there immediately regardless of what I did, I guess I should be thankful that I have a good family.

See if you can find out if he ever changed clothes and if the clothes he had on were the clothes he wore for the murder, I have always wondered about that since I didnt see a lot of blood on his clothing at the arrest.

I thought so, but wondered if I may have missed something.

Unless there is a significant gap in the times of death they may never be able to determine the order precisely. A lot will depend on the specifics, condition of the bodies, ambient air temperature estimates, etc.

Because of the relatively long time before the bodies were discovered they can't use the body temperature to determine the time of death. They did collect a maggot at the scene so that will give them some idea of the date of death but I don't think that forensic entomology can be used to accurately estimate the specific time of death to within hours. There are a variety of other techniques that rely on chemical analysis of the body tissue, or of microorganisms in the body, but again the viability of those techniques probably depends on the condition of the body. I also don't know how accurate these approaches can be given the long time before the bodies were examined and the apparently damaged conditions of the bodies.

Welcome new members, Farmvillian and ericclimbs! Thanks for joining us. It's great to have you here.

Okay, I (kinda) found it. Here's the comment that talks about Emma asking Sam about his nic:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Four People Murdered in VA College Town

IIRC, he responded that it was a Son of Sam reference, but his myspace page is now "invalid" so no way to find out. Unless someone took a screen shot. I've been through mine and can't find it.

A poster here (NativeGirl?) has claimed he chose it as a reference to the anime program Inuyasha not Son of Sam. Inuyasha is a half demon character that has dog-like ears. But I note he's actually a fox demon and not a dog at all. Inuyasha is interesting not only because of the demonic reference (it is a show about demons and demon killers) but also because the story includes a story of lovers that come under the influence of a manipulator...

A poster here (NativeGirl?) has claimed he chose it as a reference to the anime program Inuyasha not Son of Sam. Inuyasha is a half demon character that has dog-like ears. But I note he's actually a fox demon and not a dog at all. Inuyasha is interesting not only because of the demonic reference (it is a show about demons and demon killers) but also because the story includes a story of lovers that come under the influence of a manipulator...

I think what's interesting about the nic is how many explanations Sam had for it. It probably appealed to him on several levels. As you've pointed out, some of those levels Sam may not have even been aware of.

Thanks to Farmvillian for reminding me about this one...

Another view on the race issue, from a (IMO) racist.

This page about the Farmville killings contains a reference to "that sex/death combo we've seen before" and a link to another page about the murder of a British model which contains the following text:

As has been pointed out by at least two readers, an almost certain consequence of the Obama presidency will be that the number of young white women who get involved sexually with black men, perhaps with thoughts in their head of producing their own little Barack Obama (remember the formative role played in human society by imitation), will increase. So will the number of young white women who get murdered by black men--a constant phenomenon of our time that the mainstream media have never once mentioned. This past weekend 19 year old British model Amy Leigh Barnes, who had recently moved from her parent's home into her own flat in Manchester, was stabbed during an argument in her new home. There is no suspect named yet in the case, though a man has been arrested. According to the Mail, she had been dating black football player Benni McCarthy (the story has a photo of the couple). According to the Times, "A friend said that she had dated several Premier League footballers."

Unless there is a significant gap in the times of death they may never be able to determine the order precisely. A lot will depend on the specifics, condition of the bodies, ambient air temperature estimates, etc.

Because of the relatively long time before the bodies were discovered they can't use the body temperature to determine the time of death. They did collect a maggot at the scene so that will give them some idea of the date of death but I don't think that forensic entomology can be used to accurately estimate the specific time of death to within hours. There are a variety of other techniques that rely on chemical analysis of the body tissue, or of microorganisms in the body, but again the viability of those techniques probably depends on the condition of the body. I also don't know how accurate these approaches can be given the long time before the bodies were examined and the apparently damaged conditions of the bodies.

If two or even three of the women were killed in close proximity to one another, then overlay of blood spatter may give clues to the order of killing.

To me, there are two most likely scenarios w.r.t. order: 1) mom first with the girls involved to some degree, then the two girls some time later; 2) emma first, then mel, then mom. In either scenario, all three killings could have taken place in the same room. In the second, however, I could also see Sam going to first the girls' room and killing them in their sleep, and then continuing to Debra's room to kill her in her sleep.

Thanks to Farmvillian for reminding me about this one...

Another view on the race issue, from a (IMO) racist.

This page about the Farmville killings contains a reference to "that sex/death combo we've seen before" and a link to another page about the murder of a British model which contains the following text:

As has been pointed out by at least two readers, an almost certain consequence of the Obama presidency will be that the number of young white women who get involved sexually with black men, perhaps with thoughts in their head of producing their own little Barack Obama (remember the formative role played in human society by imitation), will increase. So will the number of young white women who get murdered by black men--a constant phenomenon of our time that the mainstream media have never once mentioned. This past weekend 19 year old British model Amy Leigh Barnes, who had recently moved from her parent's home into her own flat in Manchester, was stabbed during an argument in her new home. There is no suspect named yet in the case, though a man has been arrested. According to the Mail, she had been dating black football player Benni McCarthy (the story has a photo of the couple). According to the Times, "A friend said that she had dated several Premier League footballers."

You know I love ya dangrs, but I just don't see where you're going with the race thing. There is no racial element to the Farmville murders. Four white people were murdered by a white guy. Even the music connection, from what I can tell, involves mostly overweight white people who rap badly. The race angle just ain't there IMHO.

If two or even three of the women were killed in close proximity to one another, then overlay of blood spatter may give clues to the order of killing.

To me, there are two most likely scenarios w.r.t. order: 1) mom first with the girls involved to some degree, then the two girls some time later; 2) emma first, then mel, then mom. In either scenario, all three killings could have taken place in the same room. In the second, however, I could also see Sam going to first the girls' room and killing them in their sleep, and then continuing to Debra's room to kill her in her sleep.

Hmm I know a guy who actually lived in the home before them. I may ask him how he had it laid out. I think that Sam was on sofa supposed to be sleeping. He gets up kills the mother, then upstairs to the girls room. Father comes home invites him in hits him with ballping hammer. Not sure how he was found upstairs. Would be hard to drag him upstairs but not impossible. Wow how can anyone actually commit these crimes. Had to be planned out to a degree. No one goes in a rage and kills this many. Especially killing someone while they sleep. Not like they were having a arguement an you hit them. He waited planned and executed. I do believe he wanted to off a Officer also. Hence the basement call. But two officers showed. He played his song out the best he could. Did he call/text the friend thinking they would be amazed only to find out they were appalled. Then they called police.

Hmm I know a guy who actually lived in the home before them. I may ask him how he had it laid out. I think that Sam was on sofa supposed to be sleeping. He gets up kills the mother, then upstairs to the girls room. Father comes home invites him in hits him with ballping hammer. Not sure how he was found upstairs. Would be hard to drag him upstairs but not impossible. Wow how can anyone actually commit these crimes. Had to be planned out to a degree. No one goes in a rage and kills this many. Especially killing someone while they sleep. Not like they were having a arguement an you hit them. He waited planned and executed. I do believe he wanted to off a Officer also. Hence the basement call. But two officers showed. He played his song out the best he could. Did he call/text the friend thinking they would be amazed only to find out they were appalled. Then they called police.

I agree. Even if it started as anger over the text messages, IMO at some point it turned into sport. That's how I'm reading the few facts we've been given.

You know I love ya dangrs, but I just don't see where you're going with the race thing. There is no racial element to the Farmville murders. Four white people were murdered by a white guy. Even the music connection, from what I can tell, involves mostly overweight white people who rap badly. The race angle just ain't there IMHO.

I'm just saying the "shock and awe" about horrorcore music is a repetition of a well known pattern in American culture where white artists take on African American musical forms, white girls get into trouble, and finally, said musical form gets vilified.

This racist's page shows that even though none of the people involved were of African descent, the crime is still linked to the African race in some people's minds.

Horrorcore originated in the African American community and it is based on hip hop beats. This isn't lost on people that are already biased in this direction.

I'm just saying the "shock and awe" about horrorcore music is a repetition of a well known pattern in American culture where white artists take on African American musical forms, white girls get into trouble, and finally, said musical form gets vilified.

This racist's page shows that even though none of the people involved were of African descent, the crime is still linked to the African race in some people's minds.

Horrorcore originated in the African American community and it is based on hip hop beats. This isn't lost on people that are already biased in this direction.

I disagree with your conclusion. The link the commenter made (if I'm following the correct comment) had to do with stabbing and some sex-death combo he had fabricated. It's ridiculous because he claims that the girl wearing a bikini top with a skull on it glamorized a sex and death combo. Which IMO is indicative of sexism (not racism) because he immediately associated the female breast with sex instead of nurturing.

But we digress. :)

I disagree with your conclusion. The link the commenter made (if I'm following the correct comment) had to do with stabbing and some sex-death combo he had fabricated. It's ridiculous because he claims that the girl wearing a bikini top with a skull on it glamorized a sex and death combo. Which IMO is indicative of sexism (not racism) because he immediately associated the female breast with sex instead of nurturing.

But we digress. :)

I think he's saying both things since he not only immediately associated the breast with sex as you state but also this case with another series of crimes involving black men killing white girls. But yes we digress.

Maybe he did Email a pic after the crime. I always wondered why someone would call and report a murder without being absolutely sure, especially if he was a fun loving easy going guy! Didn't someone call the 18 year old girls parents before LE had even been there to confirm.

I know if a friend of mine called and said they murdered someone, I would say ya right! I certainly would not be calling the parents of a young girl, until I knew for sure.

Maybe he did Email a pic after the crime. I always wondered why someone would call and report a murder without being absolutely sure, especially if he was a fun loving easy going guy! Didn't someone call the 18 year old girls parents before LE had even been there to confirm.

I know if a friend of mine called and said they murdered someone, I would say ya right! I certainly would not be calling the parents of a young girl, until I knew for sure.

Welcome, dnrslucky.

Interesting point.

I think as we understand the story right now, this is what happened.

McCroskey called the head of Wicked Intent Records that calls himself Syniister. At first Syniister did not believe him but somehow McCroskey convinced him that he had in fact committed these murders. Then when Syniister suggested he should turn himself in, McCroskey hung up the phone. Syniister apparently then contacted Andres Shrim aka SickTanick who contacted the police.

We don't know how McCroskey convinced Syniister.

Perhaps some of the other resident experts will have corrections to my version of these events...

Well there was also the pills. He's asleep actually when they approach him at the airport and I wouldn't be surprised to learn he had taken some of the pills.

That may well explain how Sam could get lost or wrecked. Groggy and new to driving is a bad combination for being out on the road at 4 a.m. The best I've ever been able to do was just over 3 days without sleep. It takes some "help." Sleep is unavoidable in the end too, so I doubt if he could have done much but sleep if his story of being up for days was true.

I wonder if the "I love you comment" means he was considering suicide. Reaching out with a message like that is the sort of thing I know people to have done before killing themselves. It's a nice way to make the survivors feel guilty. If he had no place to go back to, he must have been considering what was next for him. Going out in some sort of fashion of his choosing would be more appealing than rotting away in jail(or lethal injection) I would think.

Maybe he was out on Poorhouse looking for a place to kill himself?? It fits with the rest of his interests. I don't have any idea why he wouldn't just finish off the horrific scene he'd already created and do it there and he didn't do it later. Instead, he had a hearty breakfast. By then though, the pill were lost in the car.

I also wonder if he would have taken his own parents out if he had made it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou