NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, bear with me. I'm trying to be logical when all I want to do is hide in a corner and cry.
Carry on! I have a lot to say so I'm going to break up my posts.

We understand.
You're in the same town I am; maybe we could chat over lunch next week.

We understand.
You're in the same town I am; maybe we could chat over lunch next week.

with Steven ;) ... but I think that's against WS rules.

My magic lightbulb says LE is on the right track.

I believe that Webb stated he called Steven on his cell phone. They were both in Vegas, but Webb said that neither knew that the other was there.

Here it is:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14152619
Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards.
Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.
"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

11am - St George time
10am - Las Vegas time

I wonder what time the call was made, since Steven was already in Vegas?

This is the timeline I've compiled using the FB discussion and other facts.
November 13, 2009 Attended a wedding reception in Woods Cross. Saw and spoke to MR
November 30, 2009 Steven went to see the St George temple lights for a family home evening activity.
December 5, 2009 - Helps Paul Doxey move equipment and set up for a "gig" for his band.
December 6, 2009 Steven talked with SS at church. He set up an appointment to home teach her on December 13 at 7PM.
December 7, 2009 Steven sat by SS at a Christmas dinner. Steven asked her to display his window washing flyers at her work.
December 8, 2009 Steven went to Ruby Valley, Nevada to visit Annemarie and her family. He mentioned he might be going to Sacramento.
December 9, 2009 - Does not respond to FB post from TU requesting address.
December 10, 2009 Stopped for gas at a Flying J in Springville, Utah
Does not respond to text message from TU.
December 11, 2009 - In St. George Utah. Helps a family get into their home around 3 pm.
December 12 , 2009 Stopped for gas and snacks at Shell Oil in Mesquite, Nevada
December 12, 2009 JS saw Steven leave his apartment in St George at 10:30 pm?
December 13, 2009 11AM Paul Doxey called Steven from a PEC meeting to ask if he could attend a meeting that night. Steven replied that he was in Las Vegas, but could get back to St George for the meeting.
December 13, 2009 11:56 AM Steven drives by the camera
December 13, 2009 12 PM Steven walks back by the camera
December 13, 2009 Afternoon Steven spoke to GW and told him he was in Las Vegas (I’m trying to get the exact time)
December 14, 2009 St George police report that Steven’s phone dialed his voice mail box.
December 15, 2009 Parking authority in Sun City called Steven’s cell and left a message about his car.
December 16, 2009 Parking authority leaves Steven’s mother, Deanne, a message about abandoned car.
December 17, 2009 Deanne retrieves message.

Great job on the timeline KC. I was just working on one myself based on the FB information and some of the other sites.

I have added a few things I had written down (in bold). Hope you don't mind. Also, do we know what day Seth Abboud talked to Steven? In Seth's post he states that he asked Steven if he would be at church that Sunday to tell the group about a basketball game that week. Steven tells him he will not be able to make church. In same conversation, Seth asks if he'll be at basketball game and Steven again says he won't be able to make it. So Steven knows in advance he will not be able to attend either. Not so surprising that he wouldn't be at church that Sunday (especially if he had an appointment), but what about the Basketball game?

Naegle... 2 questions.

Fairy1 - I don't think Naegle meant amnesia literally? Did you Naegle? (That's 3 questions now).

What an excellent lead to my next post! Some of you have been asking me what the family is leaning toward. I've been specifically trying not to speculate because I'm the "case file" and I don't want my speculations to be taken as fact like happened here. (As an answer Paris, if we're going to explore the possibility of Steven being gay why can't we explore amnesia??)

That being said here's my pet SPECULATION: Steven made a trip to the henderson neighborhood for a job interview before his visit on December 13. It's a relativly short drive and could go unnoticed if he didn't buy anything in henderson. The 2nd trip there on the 13th was to sign the contract and do all the paperwork which is why he had a portfolio ect. Steven didn't tell anyone because he was tired of telling people about his lack of success. He wanted to wait until the job was in the bag before mentioning it. This still doesn't explain how Steven communicated with this company and why no one admitted to knowing him. Also, it only explains why he was there. Many different things could have happened after that backround. END SPECULATION

We have checked hospitals and homless shelters. I'm not sure if we are on a regular basis though.

As for the other 2 questions Paris, I don't know the date of the police report and I believe that GWs call was after the video. I'm trying to verify that.

We really need some clarification on the Paul Doxey/Gregg Webb phone calls.

We also need to know if Steven's phone was found in his car.

I still think GW needs further investigation - and now I'm thinking so does PD.

Who is SS?

Come on Naegle - put up!

Naegle, I only meant that I thought you used "amnesia" as a hypothetical example.

And just so ya know, I've never speculated that Steven was gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). The website that made that reference was clearly a joke between friends.

Your info about Webb's phone call, and what Webb said in the news article don't jive... even with an hour time difference.

I hope your information is correct. Tells me Steven was still OK after going to the neighbourhood. And it might take Webb off my hinky meter. But why was Steven's car still there?

Great job on the timeline KC. I was just working on one myself based on the FB information and some of the other sites.

I have added a few things I had written down (in bold). Hope you don't mind. Also, do we know what day Seth Abboud talked to Steven? In Seth's post he states that he asked Steven if he would be at church that Sunday to tell the group about a basketball game that week. Steven tells him he will not be able to make church. In same conversation, Seth asks if he'll be at basketball game and Steven again says he won't be able to make it. So Steven knows in advance he will not be able to attend either. Not so surprising that he wouldn't be at church that Sunday (especially if he had an appointment), but what about the Basketball game?

Nice work on the additions! They all look correct to me. THANK YOU for mentioning Seth. I knew I had heard the basketball part and I've been trying to place it. I thought that GW asked him about basket ball then changed his story and took credit for PD's call.

Steven's phone WAS NOT in the car. It last pinged a Vegas cell tower on monday the 14th.

What an excellent lead to my next post! Some of you have been asking me what the family is leaning toward. I've been specifically trying not to speculate because I'm the "case file" and I don't want my speculations to be taken as fact like happened here. (As an answer Paris, if we're going to explore the possibility of Steven being gay why can't we explore amnesia??)

That being said here's my pet SPECULATION: Steven made a trip to the henderson neighborhood for a job interview before his visit on December 13. It's a relativly short drive and could go unnoticed if he didn't buy anything in henderson. The 2nd trip there on the 13th was to sign the contract and do all the paperwork which is why he had a portfolio ect. Steven didn't tell anyone because he was tired of telling people about his lack of success. He wanted to wait until the job was in the bag before mentioning it. This still doesn't explain how Steven communicated with this company and why no one admitted to knowing him. Also, it only explains why he was there. Many different things could have happened after that backround. END SPECULATION

We have checked hospitals and homless shelters. I'm not sure if we are on a regular basis though.

As for the other 2 questions Paris, I don't know the date of the police report and I believe that GWs call was after the video. I'm trying to verify that.

A few months ago, there was a thread here on a gentleman who really did have amnesia in AZ. He had a number of memories that had us scrambling all over the place - none of which proved true, IIRC. His family was actively looking for him and finally - the connection was made. He had suffered some fairly traumatic experiences that led him to amnesia. His family was so grateful. IIRC, he was from OK

There is another forum here - Benjaman Kyle. His story is extensive and he also has amnesia. We have yet to locate his family. :(

It definitely does happen - even without a precursor of mental illness. If this is what has happened to Steven, he may not have made it yet to a medical or mental facility. Both of the cases I've mentioned had medical circumstances.

This is the timeline I've compiled using the FB discussion and other facts.
November 13, 2009 Attended a wedding reception in Woods Cross. Saw and spoke to MR
November 30, 2009 Steven went to see the St George temple lights for a family home evening activity.
December 6, 2009 Steven talked with SS at church. He set up an appointment to home teach her on December 13 at 7PM.
December 7, 2009 Steven sat by SS at a Christmas dinner. Steven asked her to display his window washing flyers at her work.
December 8, 2009 Steven went to Ruby Valley, Nevada to visit Annemarie and her family. He mentioned he might be going to Sacramento.
December 10, 2009 Stopped for gas at a Flying J in Springville, Utah
December 12 , 2009 Stopped for gas and snacks at Shell Oil in Mesquite, Nevada
December 12, 2009 JS saw Steven leave his apartment in St George at 10:30
December 13, 2009 11AM Paul Doxey called Steven from a PEC meeting to ask if he could attend a meeting that night. Steven replied that he was in Las Vegas, but could get back to St George for the meeting.
December 13, 2009 11:56 AM Steven drives by the camera
December 13, 2009 12 PM Steven walks back by the camera
December 13, 2009 Afternoon Steven spoke to GW and told him he was in Las Vegas (I’m trying to get the exact time)
December 14, 2009 St George police report that Steven’s phone dialed his voice mail box.
December 15, 2009 Parking authority in Sun City called Steven’s cell and left a message about his car.
December 16, 2009 Parking authority leaves Steven’s mother, Deanne, a message about abandoned car.
December 17, 2009 Deanne retrieves message.

Thanks, Naegle.

Wow. That's a lot of driving.

Where were the Dec 6th and Dec 7th activities? Salt Lake or St George?

Ruby Valley Nevada isn't Wendover; it's south of Elko, about 120 miles away from Wendover. If he drove there from St George, the best route is up US-93

If he was seen leaving his St George apt at 10:30am, that's 9:30am in Vegas.
There are reports that Webb called him at 11am (10am Vegas time)....and Steven was already in Vegas....and an afternoon call would be hours after he walked away from the car.

Interesting! I've wondered if there were mental disorders that might have happened. Steven isn't clinically bipolar and aside from being mildly depressed about the job situ he hasn't been diagnosed with anything. BUT Steven is almost famous for talking and walking/acting in his sleep. I remember a story from family legend where Steven challenged a big burly guy (who was a guest of Steven's roommate) to a fight while he was asleep. He remembered nothing about it when he woke up. Could this be a warning sign of something more serious?

Im not sure but from what the description says and what my friend explained to me is that it is not associated with any other mental disorder and is triggered by a very stressful or traumatic event. SO if this is the case he would have had to have experienced the "fugue" after the last contact with GW or who ever it was.

Sometimes I get this strong Craigslist vibe. Craigslist is associated with so many crimes.

Naegle, thanks for your additions to the discussion here.

What I don't understand is that if Steve went there with a job in mind (of whatever sort), why would he not park in front of the other person's home? And I have said this before, but I do not think the person he was meeting actually lived on that side street. Otherwise, there is a trail connecting the location with Steven's car which is not something a well thought out plan would include.

And one other thing - the complete absence of any documentation on Steve's part would lead me away from any legitimate job seeking. If he had no idea that harm would come to him, then there would be something left behind indicating his destination, even directions, a phone call, sample contracts, etc. If he was setting up a job interview you would think there would be at least one phone call. There was not, unless he was using a pre-paid cell phone, and that would be not be consistent with a guy with nothing to hide.

Also, for the timeline, this:

8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12, at K-mart (St. George), where he bought Christmas gifts for his brother Matthew's family

http://http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705356478/Powell-isnt-only-missing-Utahn.html?pg=1

And this helps move the Webb phone call:
SL Tribune
Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards. Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.

Obviously, IF Webb wanted Steven to be at am 11am (St George time) meeting, he'd have had to call before then. Like 10:30am.

BUT, 10:30am is when someone else reported seeing Steven leave his apartment.....and when Steven answered Webb's call, Webb says Steven told him he was already in Vegas.

Steven's phone WAS NOT in the car. It last pinged a Vegas cell tower on monday the 14th.

Now the question is, was Steven in Vegas with the phone? If he was, he could have bought a spare cell phone charger for $10-$15, and probably would have. But if someone else had his phone (stolen it), they could have done the same.

It was his Mom who later checked his voicemail messages?

O/T - I was in Vegas 2 years ago April for a work conference. Hubby and I got married while we were there (after 12 years of living together).

Thanks, Naegle.

Wow. That's a lot of driving.

Where were the Dec 6th and Dec 7th activities? Salt Lake or St George?

Ruby Valley Nevada isn't Wendover; it's south of Elko, about 120 miles away from Wendover. If he drove there from St George, the best route is up US-93

If he was seen leaving his St George apt at 10:30am, that's 9:30am in Vegas.
There are reports that Webb called him at 11am (10am Vegas time)....and Steven was already in Vegas....and an afternoon call would be hours after he walked away from the car.

The activities on the 6th and 7th were in St George. I made a mistake in my time line. He left St George at 10:30 PM not AM

So who's crazy meeting/address/parking instructions would Steven follow and why?

Do we know which towers in Vegas his cell pinged off of and exactly what time?

What would we do for a friend that called and said he needed help, don't tell anyone, go here, park there, and walk to this place. But why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member