NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Doxey posted an hour ago on facebook.
The PEC meeting started at 11 A.M. At 11:10 A.M., we realized that Greg, the EQ President, was not going to make it to the meeting, so the Bishop asked Seth Abboud, the clerk, to call Steve (the EQ counselor) and see if he (Steve) could be there or if perhaps Greg had prearranged for Steve to be there in his (Greg's) place. When Seth got Steve on the phone, it was around 11:15 Utah time, which would be 10:15 Vegas. As far as we know, that was the last time anyone talked to Steve. He said that he couldn't make it to the meeting as he was in Vegas and couldn't get back in time.

I hope that this helps.

Paul Doxey, 2nd counselor, Bloomington Hills 7th ward

Interesting. I don't believe this is exactly how we thought it went down. Is it? And if Greg knew he couldn't be there, why didn't he call Steve before THAT DAY?

Please do not try to draw comparisons between these two cases again. The likelihood of this happening is laughable. I didn't take you seriously the first time you tried to suggest this, but now I think you may actually believe this. I 'm not trying to be mean but seriously have you followed either story? Niether one points to the other.[/QUOTE

Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes (apparently reporters too). Only trying to help. Good luck to you and your blogging.

Here's the thing....we are all here attempting to locate a good man who is missing. We have a number of clues to go on, but we are clearly missing a HUGE piece of the puzzle.

I'm not really a big fan of half answers or half truths. We are here and we stand ready to help in a variety of ways. But if we're being duped or led down a garden path, we're wasting our time here when there are countless other missing people whose families need our help.

I totally respect the desire to protect Steven and his privacy. But the fact remains, he is missing, and there are a lot of good people here ready, willing and able to help find him.

If we're not needed here, I would like to know now. I have been consumed with this case for days, as have many others. But if our efforts and input are not needed, we can be of service elsewhere.

IMO, JMO.

Don't you think that as a family we are just as frustrated, if not a thousand times more frustrated than you? I don't know how many times I have to say this, but we are not holding ANYTHING back except ONE piece of information and I've already explained why. Yes, it's important. Yes, it would stimulate more ideas. I'm sorry. It's just more useful when it's not public knowledge.

If you, any of you, are going to leave, let me say "thank you" now, because you really have been a big help.

We have our own little family time line that I pulled that info from. I'll double check it though. Paul Doxey wrote that and he's in Utah so I'd say 11:10 Utah time. Here's a big BUT Paul Doxy's call didn't register on Steven's cell phone list.

Thanks for asking Paul Doxey to clarify; I see he just posted on the FB page:

"
Post #12Paul Doxey wroteabout an hour ago
The PEC meeting started at 11 A.M. At 11:10 A.M., we realized that Greg, the EQ President, was not going to make it to the meeting, so the Bishop asked Seth Abboud, the clerk, to call Steve (the EQ counselor) and see if he (Steve) could be there or if perhaps Greg had prearranged for Steve to be there in his (Greg's) place. When Seth got Steve on the phone, it was around 11:15 Utah time, which would be 10:15 Vegas. As far as we know, that was the last time anyone talked to Steve. He said that he couldn't make it to the meeting as he was in Vegas and couldn't get back in time."

SO...we now know why Doxey's call didn't show up on Steven's list: Doxey didn't make the call. Seth Aboud did! (That means Seth made TWO calls to Steven that morning....the previous one about asking for the basketball announcement.)

I'm gonna clean the timeline one more time, turn the fire extinguisher on my flaming head, and try to sleep tonight.

The Sunday morning phone calls make more sense now, although they're still convoluted.

g'night all

Interesting. I don't believe this is exactly how we thought it went down. Is it? And if Greg knew he couldn't be there, why didn't he call Steve before THAT DAY?

From what little I understand about their titles, I'm going to *advertiser censored*/u/me that they BOTH were really supposed to be there. It was the planning meeting for the worship service, so maybe Webb decided "maybe I'd just better check with Koecher"

Now that I've got the times pinned down, and what was said, it makes guy-sense. See the timeline.

If I've assumed wrongly, at least we've got something to chew.

Don't you think that as a family we are just as frustrated, if not a thousand times more frustrated than you? I don't know how many times I have to say this, but we are not holding ANYTHING back except ONE piece of information and I've already explained why. Yes, it's important. Yes, it would stimulate more ideas. I'm sorry. It's just more useful when it's not public knowledge.

If you, any of you, are going to leave, let me say "thank you" now, because you really have been a big help.

I can only imagine your frustration.

Can you at least let us know if any of the theories that have been presented here have us on the right path?

Can you actually answer our questions (excluding those that would reveal what the family wants to disclose)?

Some will, no doubt, leave here due to frustration and lack of information. Some of us will stay because the case is now close to OUR hearts and we want to find Steven.

Unlike your family, lots of the folks on WS have been down this road many, many times. We can HELP YOU! Please try to remember that.

Thanks for asking Paul Doxey to clarify; I see he just posted on the FB page:

"
Post #12Paul Doxey wroteabout an hour ago
The PEC meeting started at 11 A.M. At 11:10 A.M., we realized that Greg, the EQ President, was not going to make it to the meeting, so the Bishop asked Seth Abboud, the clerk, to call Steve (the EQ counselor) and see if he (Steve) could be there or if perhaps Greg had prearranged for Steve to be there in his (Greg's) place. When Seth got Steve on the phone, it was around 11:15 Utah time, which would be 10:15 Vegas. As far as we know, that was the last time anyone talked to Steve. He said that he couldn't make it to the meeting as he was in Vegas and couldn't get back in time."

SO...we now know why Doxey's call didn't show up on Steven's list: Doxey didn't make the call. Seth Aboud did! (That means Seth made TWO calls to Steven that morning....the previous one about asking for the basketball announcement.)

I'm gonna clean the timeline one more time, turn the fire extinguisher on my flaming head, and try to sleep tonight.

The Sunday morning phone calls make more sense now, although they're still convoluted.

g'night all

Steven's LDS ward worship service begins, without him in attendance. (Was this meeting the subject of the above-mentioned calls?) (Source: KCN)

(You have this posted on the time line. You did an awesome job on it btw.)

To answer you quesion from above, PEC is a meeting held on sundays before the actual church meeting that would have taken place on Sunday at 1:00. In this meeting ward leaders discuss needs of its members and also dicuss anything that would need to be announced i.e. a chuch basketball game. I hope this is clear. If not I can try to clarify more if needed.

From what little I understand about their titles, I'm going to *advertiser censored*/u/me that they BOTH were really supposed to be there. It was the planning meeting for the worship service, so maybe Webb decided "maybe I'd just better check with Koecher"

Now that I've got the times pinned down, and what was said, it makes guy-sense. See the timeline.

BBM - LOL!!! I don't fully understand it either, but if Paul thought that Steven would be there anyway, why would he have to call and ask Steven to be there? What am I not understanding here?

We've had two rather far fetched sightings of a man that may be Steven in the middle of Las Vegas. No matter how far fetched, we checked them out. One person posted on a newspaper website that they thought they had seen Steven get on the 105 bus at MLK and Craig. The second said "I took my grandsons to IHOP on Bldr. Hwy./Flamingo last Friday evening for dinner and a young man that looked sinilar to Steven sat across from us. He was very obviously disoriented. He wore tinted glasses, had what looked like numbers on his neck and r...ight leg. He was very restless, up and down, away from his table. He told the waitress he wanted "the same thing as last night" which turned out to be 3 or 4 glasses of iced tea. Apparently this young man has been going to that IHOP, you might check with the staff there."

JB and his wife went to that IHOP yesterday (1/14/10) with Steven's poster and asked the staff there if it really was Steven. Whoever they talked to couldn't say yes or no. They said the man who came in was very red and she couldn't tell because of that. They also said the man had been coming in regularly for 3 weeks. He seems to be OCD. I don't know if that really means OCD or just weird.

If some mental issue suddenly appeared before Steven headed back to St George this could be him. Steven could have wandered the area between Henderson and the IHOP the first week then settled there because of all the homeless camps in the area. All that wandering outside could have sunburned Steven who is very fair. The tattoos could have been obtained within the past month or they could have just been ink or even dirt. A glass if iced tea (no, I don;t think Steven normally drank that) could be paid for with a days worth of begging money.

All this info was learned last night. Unfortunately, nothing new about it today. Thoughts?

Steven's LDS ward worship service begins, without him in attendance. (Was this meeting the subject of the above-mentioned calls?) (Source: KCN)

(You have this posted on the time line. You did an awesome job on it btw.)

To answer you quesion from above, PEC is a meeting held on sundays before the actual church meeting that would have taken place on Sunday at 1:00. In this meeting ward leaders discuss needs of its members and also dicuss anything that would need to be announced i.e. a chuch basketball game. I hope this is clear. If not I can try to clarify more if needed.

Thank you - this is helpful. But with all these meetings - what time are actual church services held?

They are both in the same group at church. I believe Webb is the president and Koecher was one of the counselors. Only one of them would have been needed at the meeting. The president is always at this meeting and if he cannot attend he gets a counselor to attend for him.

I can only imagine your frustration.

Some will, no doubt, leave here due to frustration and lack of information. Some of us will stay because the case is now close to OUR hearts and we want to find Steven.

Unlike your family, lots of the folks on WS have been down this road many, many times. We can HELP YOU! Please try to remember that.

Can you at least let us know if any of the theories that have been presented here have us on the right path? I obviously don't know what the right path is, but like I said before, I favor the idea that Steven was going to Evening Lights to sign a contract. Also, the Brazil idea could have merit.

Can you actually answer our questions (excluding those that would reveal what the family wants to disclose)? Yes, of course! Which have I missed besides the one I'm doing my best to ignore?

We've had two rather far fetched sightings of a man that may be Steven in the middle of Las Vegas. No matter how far fetched, we checked them out. One person posted on a newspaper website that they thought they had seen Steven get on the 105 bus at MLK and Craig. The second said "I took my grandsons to IHOP on Bldr. Hwy./Flamingo last Friday evening for dinner and a young man that looked sinilar to Steven sat across from us. He was very obviously disoriented. He wore tinted glasses, had what looked like numbers on his neck and r...ight leg. He was very restless, up and down, away from his table. He told the waitress he wanted "the same thing as last night" which turned out to be 3 or 4 glasses of iced tea. Apparently this young man has been going to that IHOP, you might check with the staff there."

JB and his wife went to that IHOP yesterday (1/14/10) with Steven's poster and asked the staff there if it really was Steven. Whoever they talked to couldn't say yes or no. They said the man who came in was very red and she couldn't tell because of that. They also said the man had been coming in regularly for 3 weeks. He seems to be OCD. I don't know if that really means OCD or just weird.

If some mental issue suddenly appeared before Steven headed back to St George this could be him. Steven could have wandered the area between Henderson and the IHOP the first week then settled there because of all the homeless camps in the area. All that wandering outside could have sunburned Steven who is very fair. The tattoos could have been obtained within the past month or they could have just been ink or even dirt. A glass if iced tea (no, I don;t think Steven normally drank that) could be paid for with a days worth of begging money.

All this info was learned last night. Unfortunately, nothing new about it today. Thoughts?

Thoughts?

If the guy's showing up at IHOP "regularly", I think it's time for family and friends to take turns staking out a table at that IHOP....until Mr Regular comes back in.

I'm serious.

That's the only way you're going to catch the guy, and check him out.

I need to go to bed, but I'll see if I can sleep with my fingers crossed, as well as my toes and ears.

From Seth when I asked if Steven regularly attended Basketball:
"He never attended. In fact if you remember from my comment about me being the last one to talk to him and I asked him if he would be able to make it to the basketball game that was actually the ward's first game. I'm sorry that I don't know anything else."

They are both in the same group at church. I believe Webb is the president and Koecher was one of the counselors. Only one of them would have been needed at the meeting. The president is always at this meeting and if he cannot attend he gets a counselor to attend for him.

Thanks.
It might be a tiny detail to some, but for most of us, it explains the system. It's making more sense now.

I guess the only thing that's sticking in our heads now, is why they each (independenly of the other) ended up in Vegas on Dec 13th.

We're a suspicious and skeptical sort.

From Seth when I asked if Steven regularly attended Basketball:
"He never attended. In fact if you remember from my comment about me being the last one to talk to him and I asked him if he would be able to make it to the basketball game that was actually the ward's first game. I'm sorry that I don't know anything else."

Now that didn't help the headache at all.
It was the ward's first game, but Steven never attended?

Bed is calling.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I know how difficult this all must be for your family.

Flamingo and Boulder Highway is not far from one of the areas I've seen a huge increase of panhandlers in recent years. I imagine there is a homeless "camp" nearby - though it cannot be seen from the roadways.

I will go to that area tomorrow and see what I can find.

OCD - Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I don't believe I've ever heard of a sudden onset of this, but I suppose anything is possible.

Now that didn't help the headache at all.
It was the ward's first game, but Steven never attended?

Bed is calling.

I agree. It is still unclear. I agree with what renn(?) said about ward sports. They usually come last on people's priority list.

Thoughts?

If the guy's showing up at IHOP "regularly", I think it's time for family and friends to take turns staking out a table at that IHOP....until Mr Regular comes back in.

I'm serious.

That's the only way you're going to catch the guy, and check him out.

I need to go to bed, but I'll see if I can sleep with my fingers crossed, as well as my toes and ears.

I will go there tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member