NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "thing that cannot be mentioned" related to him? No

There's a boatload of Zirkles in Vegas; I'd be shocked if he wasn't related to some of them.
We're still trying to find his birth date, etc, before we can link him to someone. (Someone here may already have that info, but hasn't posted about it yet.)I don't have that info. Thanks to all who've been checking on this

Questions:
Did the landlord ever have the "pot" tested, or is this an assumption?Ask the landlord...
He's got a minor drug record, but not what you see in major criminals.
They haven't arrested him for being "one of the biggest drug dealers in St George" (as was posted here).
There must be something else that leads to him? I think it's just because he's shady. LE can't pin anything on him.
Has LE checked out his "family" in Vegas, and his whereabouts when Steven disappeared? His family-doubt it. JZ was at work when Steven disappeared.

Webb situ:

1 - Why was he in Vegas?Don't know. Wish I did.
It just seems odd that the President and Counselor would each, independently, decide to go to Vegas.
If it's odd that Steven went, why is it not odd that Webb went?

2 - After Steven said he couldn't cover him at PEC, GW told Steve that he'd do it himself....then the last we hear, is that they were trying to call Steven after all, because GW wasn't there by (at least) 11:15am.
Did Webb ever show up at the PEC? Don't know that either. I asked someone else in the fam to interview him again. It didn't happen.
When Webb knew he was running late, why didn't HE call his Bishop???

Thank you Naegle...that is what I was afraid of. I appreciate you addressing the question.

The information that you cannot give out, has LE completed their investigation on it? Was it "cleared"?

For the record...I am SOOO not suggesting that anyone in the church, GW included, had anything to do with Steven being gone. I AM theorizing that someone knows something, GW included.

Agreed. Which makes me ask: were GW and Steven friends-friends, or merely church-friends? If that makes sense. I know there is probably some overlap there, but I wonder if GW was someone whom Steven would confide in.

Has LE checked out his (Zirkle's) "family" in Vegas, and his whereabouts when Steven disappeared? His family-doubt it. JZ was at work when Steven disappeared.

Did Steven go missing at noon Sunday when he was seen leaving his vehicle? Or did he go missing after his cell phone pinged in Las Vegas the next day?

Did Steven go missing at noon Sunday when he was seen leaving his vehicle? Or did he go missing after his cell phone pinged in Las Vegas the next day?

Technically, he "went missing" when his mother picked up her messages on the Thursday after the 13th. This was the first time anyone realized something was wrong.... though I think some church-friends called during the week and left messages.

There must be something else that leads to him? I think it's just because he's shady. LE can't pin anything on him.
Has LE checked out his "family" in Vegas, and his whereabouts when Steven disappeared? His family-doubt it. JZ was at work when Steven disappeared.

But, see, that's the thing.
We don't know when Steven "disappeared".
All we know is when he's last seen on a video.

If anyone else is involved, wheels were set in motion hours/days before Steven left for Vegas.....and may have gone on for hours/days past when we see Steven in the video.

We're trying to figure out who set the wheels in motion.
It could be "all Steven".
It could be something sinister.
It could have been an innocent chain of events.

Technically, he "went missing" when his mother picked up her messages on the Thursday after the 13th. This was the first time anyone realized something was wrong.... though I think some church-friends called during the week and left messages.

Of those who are closest to him, who *didn't* call and leave messages?

(The old "dog that didn't bark" theory)

Agreed. Which makes me ask: were GW and Steven friends-friends, or merely church-friends? If that makes sense. I know there is probably some overlap there, but I wonder if GW was someone whom Steven would confide in.

Did Steven have any non-church friends .... or were all of his social contacts church-centered?

I don't know if At&t does it but Nextel allows you to review text sent & received on their website when the account holder is logged in. Does anyone know if this is the case. Oh & with my phone service I can undelete my voicemails - does at&t do that? Naegle - how long has Steven been living in St. George - had he made any close friends in his ward yet?

This whole thing with GW is strange. No info, really.
I can't find anything on this guy.

I understand the LDS community and the need to not gossip. I also understand that because of this, questions we assumed were asked, probably were not.
Greg did not ask Steve why he was in Las Vegas?
Why was Greg in Las Vegas?

I asked were the tapes at Kmart viewed and Naegles response Why would they be? He was shopping...

Why wouldn't they be? He's missing. How do you know he went to that Kmart to shop? Maybe he met someone in the parking lot?
No one knows if GW made it to the meeting?
No one knows if Steven was alone at the Taco place or Kmart?
No one knows if there was a passenger (fingerprints)?
No one know the exact time of these transactions?
No one know what kinds of coats were in the car?

Why doesn't anyone know these things? These things are pieces of evidence that can be obtained.
What did the PI do? :waitasec:

This is so frustrating.

Well....he'd just passed a milestone:
his 30th birthday was just a few weeks before. He'd moved to St George after he left the Trib in 2008....had a couple of other jobs, and now, he found himself doing menial labor and was behind on his bills.

I dunno. It's reported he got a bit "sharp" with his mother when they discussed his finances, and she sent him money. His grandmother gave him a check, and he didn't cash it.

It'd be interesting to find out WHEN he got the check from his grandmother. If it sat uncashed, while he faced eviction, that's troubling.
DH wasn't planning on evicting Steven but with Christmas and around the corner and having to make our rent payment (where we are now living) and our house payment along with both sets of utilities (because JZ had bailed and Steven was behind neither had paid their share of utilities) we were falling behind on the bills. DH decided to give Steven's parents a call, which Steven did not know about, to see if Steven had ask for help with money. I am sure it upset Steven to know DH had called his mom and told her he was behind on rent.

We don't drink tea. I'm not so sure about iced tea. I do know that Steven doesn't like it. But we almost have to factor in a mental health issue if this is Steven so it could work.

BTW I'm a mormon and I LOVE diet coke!

Our oldest daughter is on daily injections so when we travel we have to keep her medication in the fridge. Neither DH or I ever noticed Iced Tea in the fridge or any caffeinated drinks for that matter but our own.

LE = law enforcement.

Yes, a resident in each home was talked to. No homes were searched, nor was every occupant grilled (that would take warrants, and probable cause).
Even if they talked to each person that doesn't mean that no one had anything to do with his disappearance. It just means that nothing seemed suspicious at the time.

Couple more things before I crawl off into a corner to try to recover from the weekend.

-The trip to Mesquite seems to have gone futher west. There was a ping from Steven's AT&T cell phone on the Overton cell tower which, I understand, is near lake mead? Could someone become a wikipedia expert on how/when cell towers pass different cell phones??

-Travis Hansen (steven's boss) saw him Tuesday the 8th in St George.

-Does Jordan Zirkle (steven's roommate) have family in Vegas as he claims? He made lots of calls to Vegas to "family"
DH said JZ moved from the Vegas area and he does think he has family there but that he was from Chicago.

Naegle,
Can you give us a physical description of JZ? Height? Weight? Have you ever met or seen a picture of him? I believe you said earlier he is in his 20's. Is this correct?
DH says about 5'8" mabye 120 pounds he has several tattoos. Probably around 26 to 28 yrs. DH has the lease but he left it with other papers since he is filing legal against him for unpaid rent.

I'm sorry -- I thought Naegle would answer this one; she'd have more info on it.

Jordan rented the other "room" in the house that Steve lived in.

Apparently, they each paid to have their own private bedroom, and could share the rest of the house (except the landlord's private area).

That is right. They each had their own bedroom and shared the rest of the house. There is one small area (masterbed and bath) we kept locked off from the rest of the house. It has it's own private entrance so often we didn't even go into the rest of the house at all during a visit. The only exception being when DH would put daughters meds in the fridge for overnight.

OK, my very unprofessional opinion: I think the timing of buying the gifts is odd, but not necessarily the amount spent. If he has a large family to buy for and is strapped for cash, he may have been shopping on the cheap.
I agree. Also if Steven was planning another trip like Sacramento he might have been thinking ahead and getting things in his car and shopping along the way thinking he would be busy up to Christmas, which he told his family he would be there.

Z lived with him. Basically Z was the closest person actually to him physically. Steven had no obvious means of communicationg from anything "he" owned. Did he use Z's phone? Did Z use Steven's phone? Who did either one call and why?

There has to be some connection/communication between Steven and Evening Lights....every stone must be overturned, even the little ones. I know these questions seem trivial, but obviously something is being overlooked somewhere.

Naegle, were video tapes reviewed? I mean what if the tapes show Steven getting a prescription filled under an alias at Kmart for all we know.

Which receipts are actual paper receipts?
I am sure if JZ had ask to use Stevens phone he would have let him.

Exactly. Steven was going to Evening Lights...why? Who told him to go there? How did he speak to them?

He didnt communicate through anything he owned to anyone "out of the ordinary". So that can mean one of 2 things. Either one of his ordinary friends knows more than we do or he was using someone elses communication devices. Somehow there is a missing link somewhere. He didnt just show up at random.

If a call was made from Stevens phone while he was traveling to someone Steven did not know, then he possibly had a passenger using his phone. Naegle asked if Z had any relatives because he said he had been calling family, correct me if Im wrong. How does she know Z talked to family? Do they have Z's phone records or did Z use Stevens phone?

We need answers. Its a shame the car was not fingerprinted. Maybe Steven had company on some of his road trips. Did Z have transportation? Was Steven taking him places and picking him up for extra money?

Naegle asked ~ -Does Jordan Zirkle (steven's roommate) have family in Vegas as he claims? He made lots of calls to Vegas to "family"

Along these lines if Steven and JZ talked face to face most of the time there wouldn't be any record of it. I wonder if JZ has any ties to Sacramento, pot is legal there isn't it Medically? JZ also knew Steven was having trouble paying the bill because DH talked to both of them about their share of the utilities being past due and we were trying to avoid disconnection.

Maybe he used the phone at the house, so the owners have the records of who the roommate called. If that's the case, then CALL the numbers. If the numbers are on Steven's phone, then how does the family know they are JZ's calls and not his? Does Steven's mom get his phone bills and she asked him and she took his answers for face value???? This would explain why there is nothing on his phone...he knew his mom would see who he was talking to.

No landline at the house.

Yes, I did some searching for Zirkles in LV & Henderson also.
Is the IHOP Fairy went to in LV or Henderson (on Boulder Blvd.) The reason I'm asking is because there is a Zirkle at 120 S Sunset Rd in Henderson, but on the map it is near Boulder Blvd.
Also, can we find the age of Zirkle and if his name is Jordan R Zirkle or could it be R. J. Zirkle as in possiblly Robert or Richard? I know you found his case in the Utah Courts. TIA

There are so many ways to get around the dogs Web.
Smaller quanities would especially be no problem. Saw a program last night where they use ketchup or hot sauce to throw the dogs off. Smaller quantities could be immersed in almost anything. He could be transporting and not using.

OTOH
Do we know what day Z bailed on the rental? If Steven could lock his room upon leaving?
Jordan moved out the middle of November. He didn't pay any rent for Nov. The only reason JZ was able to lock his room is because he changed doorknobs and had his own keys to the room which we have never had. We were not able to get into that room until the end of Dec. Steven's room had the typical bedroom doorknob that could be locked when you are inside the room, not so much upon leaving.

I wonder if it's too late to fingerprint the car or a forensic search---say anything linking to Z. Now I want to know what kind of drugs Z was busted for. Pot, coke, heroin, prescription or other????
No idea but there was pot left behind in the room.

We really need to make another question form for Naegle. We need more answers.

What EXACTLY was bought at Kmart?
What coats were in the car?
Did Z use Steven's phone?
Does Z have transportation?
Have videos already been reviewed?
Was there a landline phone at the residence?
JZ drove a older Dodge Avenger but was trading it in. He might be driving a Weathermaster work truck now but really we don't know.
No landline at the residence.

I had the impression that LE wasn't that interested in Zirkle.
Is the "thing that cannot be mentioned" related to him?

There's a boatload of Zirkles in Vegas; I'd be shocked if he wasn't related to some of them.
We're still trying to find his birth date, etc, before we can link him to someone. (Someone here may already have that info, but hasn't posted about it yet.)

Questions:
Did the landlord ever have the "pot" tested, or is this an assumption?
He's got a minor drug record, but not what you see in major criminals.
They haven't arrested him for being "one of the biggest drug dealers in St George" (as was posted here).
There must be something else that leads to him?
Has LE checked out his "family" in Vegas, and his whereabouts when Steven disappeared?

Webb situ:

1 - Why was he in Vegas?
It just seems odd that the President and Counselor would each, independently, decide to go to Vegas.
If it's odd that Steven went, why is it not odd that Webb went?

2 - After Steven said he couldn't cover him at PEC, GW told Steve that he'd do it himself....then the last we hear, is that they were trying to call Steven after all, because GW wasn't there by (at least) 11:15am.
Did Webb ever show up at the PEC?
When Webb knew he was running late, why didn't HE call his Bishop?
The cops that came to look in Zs room said it was pot. No official testing or anything. The room is very dusty & looked like if was rarely vacuumed but no signs of damage or something like meth cooking.

Naegle Steven and your family are in our prayers! We hope more than anything he is found safe.

No one knows if Steven was alone at the Taco place or Kmart?
No one knows if there was a passenger (fingerprints)?
No one know the exact time of these transactions?

The exact times of the Taco Time, Shell/Mesquite and Kmart transactions ARE known, as well as the times of many of the phone calls (within 5 minutes) -- based on the receipts that were found in Steven's car.

See the link in my signature line?
That's the timeline where all of the information Naegle's been giving, has been collected. It's not the Q&A, but it's the details.
It's been updated four times today. If you saw it yesterday, it's different now.

But, see, that's the thing.
We don't know when Steven "disappeared".
All we know is when he's last seen on a video.

If anyone else is involved, wheels were set in motion hours/days before Steven left for Vegas.....and may have gone on for hours/days past when we see Steven in the video.

We're trying to figure out who set the wheels in motion.
It could be "all Steven".
It could be something sinister.
It could have been an innocent chain of events.

Agree, but no activity from him- since phone on the 14th, if that was him checking? Phone is now not pinging. Battery is dead or someone took it out.
Nor no sightings since the video and his car was still there.
He disappeared at 12 noon on that Sunday for all we KNOW and for all the purpose we are trying to sleuth.

Hello everyone!

I have to say - I'm not feeling the vibe on Zirkle myself, but to answer hollyblue's question from this morning - the IHOP in question is on Boulder Highway and Flamingo Road. I would assume that many of the Zirkles you find in Vegas are some relation.

Laytonian - not sure if it's really important or not, but I noticed there is no time listed on your timeline with regard to my IHOP visit - FYI it was about 12:30 PM.

Also regarding the timeline - I noticed today that GW called Steven at 8:57 AM to ask him to cover the 11:00 meeting. Abboud called Steven at 11:15 because Webb hadn't arrived. It's a two hour drive from Vegas to St. George. Webb told Steven he was already on his way back to St. George. After learning that Steven couldn't cover the meeting, and based on the fact that he was already en route, I'm wondering why didn't he make it in time? Did he ever make it? (I know we've asked this many times, but an answer would be lovely).

Drove the alternate route home from work today and didn't see any sign of Steven. This route takes me right to Flamingo and Boulder then a good ways north on Boulder - well past the homeless camp. :(

Naegle - I didn't think to ask the folks at IHOP this question, but looking for Steven today in that area, it occurred to me that his looks might be drastically different. They did ask me if he had lost weight, but now I'm thinking it's safe to assume he may no longer be clean-shaven either. Did they mention anything about that to your family?

The exact times of the Taco Time, Shell/Mesquite and Kmart transactions ARE known, as well as the times of many of the phone calls (within 5 minutes) -- based on the receipts that were found in Steven's car.

See the link in my signature line?
That's the timeline where all of the information Naegle's been giving, has been collected. It's not the Q&A, but it's the details.
It's been updated four times today. If you saw it yesterday, it's different now.

Yes, the times are known, but is it known if he was alone? Were the tapes reviewed?

Hello everyone!

I have to say - I'm not feeling the vibe on Zirkle myself, but to answer hollyblue's question from this morning - the IHOP in question is on Boulder Highway and Flamingo Road. I would assume that many of the Zirkles you find in Vegas are some relation.

Laytonian - not sure if it's really important or not, but I noticed there is no time listed on your timeline with regard to my IHOP visit - FYI it was about 12:30 PM.

Also regarding the timeline - I noticed today that GW called Steven at 8:57 AM to ask him to cover the 11:00 meeting. Abboud called Steven at 11:15 because Webb hadn't arrived. It's a two hour drive from Vegas to St. George. Webb told Steven he was already on his way back to St. George. After learning that Steven couldn't cover the meeting, and based on the fact that he was already en route, I'm wondering why didn't he make it in time? Did he ever make it? (I know we've asked this many times, but an answer would be lovely).

Drove the alternate route home from work today and didn't see any sign of Steven. This route takes me right to Flamingo and Boulder then a good ways north on Boulder - well past the homeless camp. :(

Thank you.
"If I put it down on the timeline, Fairy1 will come along and help"

Your GW questions are the same as mine.
I'm wondering if he really said "(deleted) OK...I'm on my waaaaaaay" (and then had to get dressed, shave, stop by his own place for appropriate clothing, etc, etc). He could also have a job in Vegas.

Thank you.
"If I put it down on the timeline, Fairy1 will come along and help"

Your GW questions are the same as mine.
I'm wondering if he really said "(deleted) OK...I'm on my waaaaaaay" (and then had to get dressed, shave, stop by his own place for appropriate clothing, etc, etc). He could also have a job in Vegas.

Yeah - but when Steven told Webb he was in Vegas but could get back there if needed, Webb told him no - he was already en route and he would cover it. I'm thinking that if he realized somewhere along the way that he COULDN'T get there in time, he would have given the Bishop a heads up - AND mentioned that Steven couldn't be there either. That obviously didn't happen - hence Seth's call to Steven at 11:15 AM.

Yes, the times are known, but is it known if he was alone? Were the tapes reviewed?

Taco Time doesn't keep a library of security tapes; if they have a robbery, they archive that section. If someone committed credit card fraud, they write it off. Most places are like that. It'd take a court order/subpoena to get them out of Kmart or another corporation.

You know what tells me he was alone?
The receipts. They're singles.
If someone else was with him, wouldn't their Taco Time receipt be there, too? Or the order more than $3.21?

For there to be a passenger, there would have to be someone carefully cleaning up only his own mess...and leaving Steven's receipts and bags in the car. Which would probably prompt Steven to throw his away, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine