WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE must have known ASAP by the size of the footprint if it was hers or not..I suspected it wasn't from the get go & def foul play..Hopefully, with so little evidence so far (?) they can match the print in size & specifics to the perp who I believe right now is her boyfriend simply from his poem & other writings.

Found this comment posted 3 hrs ago..Is the poster saying it was the same area the car was found? Where her body was dumped? It's too confusing to tell..imo..Also, who doesn't call police when someone is trying to break in? WEIRD!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/84319607.html#idc-cover

ubm

I do want to say that this is a wake up call for all of us and what happenend to my Daughter and I on the Morning of this was pretty scary. not 10 minutes after my Fiance left for work we had someone at the door tying to get in..I woke my Daughter up and was able to lock all the windows and now I wish I would have alerted the police. my porch light was out so I couldn't see anything and the first thing I did was change the bulb...we were on edge until it got light out...this happened a little before 6 in the morning...God bless that beautiful child and I ask God to be with her and her Family and Friends through these hard times and the years to come...

Wonder if this was a home built by Wendy. The reason is, if it was, Wendy and other friends/family might have been with her as she would have been checking the progress almost daily when the subcontractors were on the job.

I had wondered that too, but after checking the MLS # 29154864 I see that the house is at least 5 years old. She could have been involved in remodel though, or could have shown the home in the recent past. This location would be very appealing to a couple of teens IMO, or someone who wanted to lure Mackenzie out there with a legit reason (to look at one of her Mom's listings or projects).

Even if the house wasn't entered, that back patio and green space is very, very secluded.

I just can't believe this location is random. There truly are SO many places around Wenatchee that are secluded and would be "better" for a crime of this magnitude. Why this house in this location? The only angle that makes sense to me is the real estate one.

I just can't believe this location is random. There truly are SO many places around Wenatchee that are secluded and would be "better" for a crime of this magnitude. Why this house in this location? The only angle that makes sense to me is the real estate one.

sbm

$150,000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED

Someone LOST this house & must not be a happy camper but I don't see that angle connecting to the case even if her mom was somehow involved at some point..I'm sure these ppl were interviewed by LE..Maybe it's someone they know (who had previously been there) that holds the key? (no pun)

sbm

$150,000 REDUCTION! BANK OWNED

Someone LOST this house & must not be a happy camper but I don't see that angle connecting to the case even if her mom was somehow involved at some point..I'm sure these ppl were interviewed by LE..Maybe it's someone they know (who had previously been there) that holds the key? (no pun)

Yeah, I noticed it was a repo too. As far as the real estate angle is concerned, it's hard to describe just how populated this small area is. Every square inch is developed. I just can't believe that a perp would unknowingly pick the *one* vacant, for sale home in the area that also happens to be one of the most secluded. I'm not really speculating that her mom is involved, it just seems like too pat of a coincidence that she just so happened to be found (and probably murdered) at this particular property, when there are so many other places in the area more fit for a killer to commit a crime.

ETA: I also noticed that this house seems at least partially staged. How would her killer know for sure that it was vacant and a safe place to bring her? Trying to place myself in the killer's shoes (hard as it is) I would want to be damn sure I wouldn't be observed.

"Fatality
And scares what remains with black attacking hawks.

sbm

Did he change this one line cos it implies he knows for a fact her corpse is laying out in the open & most likely her flesh is being picked off the bones as he sat at his puter writing this? (Sorry to be so graphic!)

Yeah, I noticed it was a repo too. As far as the real estate angle is concerned, it's hard to describe just how populated this small area is. Every square inch is developed. I just can't believe that a perp would unknowingly pick the *one* vacant, for sale home in the area that also happens to be one of the most secluded. I'm not really speculating that her mom is involved, it just seems like too pat of a coincidence that she just so happened to be found (and probably murdered) at this particular property, when there are so many other places in the area more fit for a killer to commit a crime.

ETA: I also noticed that this house seems at least partially staged. How would her killer know for sure that it was vacant and a safe place to bring her? Trying to place myself in the killer's shoes (hard as it is) I would want to be damn sure I wouldn't be observed.

Seems this person knew the area well. mho Also, wonder if her body was dragged to the water feet first? And why wasn't this killer worried about being seen by another beach walker? Huge arrogance and way too confident if you ask me! mho

sbm

Did he change this one line cos it implies he knows for a fact her corpse is laying out in the open & most likely her flesh is being picked off the bones as he sat at his puter writing this? (Sorry to be so graphic!)

I don't know, it's just all around weird that he would be uploading any of this stuff with his GF missing. He has changed a couple of lines in a couple of poems in the last few days.

I've looked through all of them to try and find reference to water but nothing sticks out.

One does have reference to knives and betrayal.

Seems this person knew the area well. mho Also, wonder if her body was dragged to the water feet first? And why wasn't this killer worried about being seen by another beach walker? Huge arrogance and way too confident if you ask me! mho

Yes. It almost makes me wonder if maybe she wasn't lured or taken there for sex and the killing was unplanned and incidental. I just can't imagine that this would be a good place for a murder.

ETA- besides the apparent lack of concern for passers-by, how would he know that no agents were going to come along and show the house?

sbm

Oh, another weird thing which I don't think I've mentioned. When I fist sleuthed him he had quite a few readers on his list. 2 days ago he deleted every one of them except the bot that is a default reader. Strange. It would be like any one of us going onto our MS or FB and deleting all of our friends.

Just for reference, on Feb 9th, sunset occured at about 5:21 pm.

Darkness to complete darkness (astronomical darkness) occured between 5:54 5:30 and 6:19 6:58pm, on February 9th. (I used Quincy, WA as the location for calculating the time of astronomical twilight.)

Darkness to complete darkness (astronomical darkness) occured between 5:54 and 6:19pm, on February 9th. (I used Quincy, WA as the location for calculating the time of astronomical twilight.)

Yes, that seems about right on. The day was also overcast and so it may have been dusky a bit earlier.

Anyone remember the time her cell become non-functioning according to reports? Wasn't it around 5ish?

God, I hope she didn't have a prolonged ordeal.

I don't know, it's just all around weird that he would be uploading any of this stuff with his GF missing. He has changed a couple of lines in a couple of poems in the last few days.

I've looked through all of them to try and find reference to water but nothing sticks out.

One does have reference to knives and betrayal.

What else was changed (?) & if she was killed with a knife he's just begging to get caught.

Yes, that seems about right on. The day was also overcast and so it may have been dusky a bit earlier.

Anyone remember the time her cell become non-functioning according to reports? Wasn't it around 5ish?

God, I hope she didn't have a prolonged ordeal.

I'm pretty sure the reports said her phone was either turned off or the battery died at around 5pm.

Darkness to complete darkness (astronomical darkness) occured between 5:54 and 6:19pm, on February 9th. (I used Quincy, WA as the location for calculating the time of astronomical twilight.)

Oh yeah, I wonder if that property has landscaping lights or motion detected lights.

I don't think the perp could have lingered at the home very long, based on him having to drive back out to pitcher canyon and the car to be noticed by 8PM (IIRC the car was noticed @ 8, family contacted and aware by 10PM). One good thing is that he had to have been a busy bee with all this driving and walking, and wouldn't have an alibi.

I've made the drive from Quincy/Crescent bar to Wenatchee many times and it would take about 35-40 minutes from there to the top of Pitcher, assuming traffic rules were obeyed. Even if the car was noticed almost immediately after being parked, he would have had to leave Crescent bar by 7 at the latest (I would think).

Just some thoughts.

Oops, I posted "January's" astronomical darkness times in my post above, but it's corrected now. Sorry about that.

Seems strange to me that it actually starts getting darker earlier in Feb (than Jan.) but doesn't go completely dark until later (which is understandable). hmmmm.... No astronomer here, of course. ;)

What else was changed (?) & if she was killed with a knife he's just begging to get caught.

The poem "Final Stand" had a line added. The line right after "Enlightens the crop your harvest reaps." is new (don't want to post it, it has a bad word). Doesn't seem really relevant though.

The poem "Lockdown" was also uploaded in the last couple of days.

The poem "Suck My..." has several blocks of text that were added. This is all new:

"Like first captain versus the last kid picked,
I’ll bring you to the ground and break both your wrists.
Purple nurp your t***, then enlist besmirching hits.
Handing out premature ejac******* forgiveness,"

Also a few words were changed throughout the poem.

Oops - I'll go get the link. Are these times wrong? I thought she was at school and seen punching out around 3:00pm. I'm confused! Help

ETA: Sorry, I had the dates wrong - fixed now!

Can't get link to work - sorry!
respectfully snipped~~ BBM

A person walking along the riverbank saw the young woman’s body and called the Grant County Sheriff’s Office at 12:42, because they thought they were in Grant County, Gjesdal said. She was found near the border between Douglas and Grant counties.

A Grant County deputy arrived at the scene at 1:08 p.m., Gjesdal said. When he determined the site was in Douglas County, he called that department. A Douglas County deputy arrived at 1:53 p.m.

Oops - I'll go get the link. Are these times wrong? I thought she was at school and seen punching out around 3:00pm. I'm confused! Help

A person walking along the riverbank saw the young woman’s body and called the Grant County Sheriff’s Office at 12:42, because they thought they were in Grant County, Gjesdal said. She was found near the border between Douglas and Grant counties.

A Grant County deputy arrived at the scene at 1:08 p.m., Gjesdal said. When he determined the site was in Douglas County, he called that department. A Douglas County deputy arrived at 1:53 p.m.

I believe she was last seen at school on TUESDAY afternoon....not found till Saturday.

jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member