GUILTY OR - Robin Anstey, 62, & Robert Kennelly, 48, murdered, Bandon, 8 Feb 2010

<snip>

Morris and his wife Jessica moved to Blackfoot more than five years ago. After being employed by the Sheriff’s Office for nearly two years, Morris quit. A few months later, in the fall of 2007, he was hired at Gold’s Gym in Blackfoot. Owner Taylor Ball said he worked at the gym for nearly one year. During his time there he became a licensed insurance agent. He then began working at the Taylor Ball Agency, an American Family insurance broker, in the fall of 2008. In 2009 Morris opened his own insurance office in Pocatello, but closed his office shortly thereafter.

The Morrises then moved to Oregon a few months ago.

more here -- including pic of Kalea with g-ma

http://www.am-news.com/content/view/154996/1/

oh yeah amw has done such a fantastic job with the aja johnson case <sarcasm>
i know walsh does his best and has for over 20 years but seriously.....he needs to get priority cases put to the forefront

Witnesses last saw Morris, his wife, Jessica, and their 4-year-old child, Kalea, in Coos County at about 9:30 p.m. Feb. 8 in a silver Ford Taurus. Police tracked the family to San Diego, then a surveillance camera caught them on video Wednesday evening at a business in Mesa, Ariz. Frasier said they could be going anywhere, but it's possible the Morrises are heading toward Louisiana and Florida, where Gabriel Morris has a former stepfather and half brother. Frasier said at least one, if not both, have been told that Morris is wanted by police.

Mexico is also a possibility. Investigators have notified U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to watch for the family.

"If they were going to cross the border, they could've done it in San Diego," Frasier said. "They could be headed north or south, or backtrack I suppose."

The DA added that a warrant has been issued for Jessica Morris as a material witness to the killings. He said he does not believe she is being held hostage. Referring to the Mesa video, Frasier said Gabriel Morris got out of the Taurus and went into a business, while his wife drove around and then picked him up.

"I do not believe, based on that, that she is being held as a hostage," Frasier said.

In addition to working with other law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, the DA said he's sent photos and press releases to media outlets in Louisiana and Florida, and gave several interviews on Monday.

more here

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/16/news/da_turns_to_tv_to_find_suspect_899.txt

Murder suspect claimed he shot terrorist, sought escape

COQUILLE &#8212; Gabriel Morris seemed very upset and scared when he appeared unexpectedly on Fred Eschler&#8217;s Coquille doorstep on the night of Feb. 8.

A former beau of one of Eschler&#8217;s daughters, Morris told the Coquille school board member that terrorists had killed his mother and her friend. That he and his wife, Jessica Morris, had been working undercover for the U.S. Air Force.

He said he shot a terrorist and needed to get out of town.

About 15 miles away, Robin Anstey and her boyfriend, Robert W. Kennelly Jr., lay dead in their Bandon-area home, their bodies pierced by bullets.

According to Coos County court documents, investigators believe Morris shot them repeatedly and headed to Eschler&#8217;s house for help, before fleeing the state with his wife and 4-year-old daughter.

Eschler &#8212; a teacher at Millicoma Intermediate School &#8212; and his wife, Laura, gave them clothing, sleeping bags and about $150. He also loaned them a gun, ammunition and a Ford Taurus.

The next day, Eschler picked up the phone and called the Coos County District Attorney&#8217;s Office. He reported that a visitor, claiming to be involved in counter-terrorism activities for the federal government, said he may have been involved in two recent homicides near Bandon.

But neither the police nor the DA knew of any unsolved homicides. Nor did they know Anstey and Kennelly were dead.

(more)http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/20/news/doc4b7f90da308e2865038816.txt

During the interview with Dannels, Laura Eschler said she tried to speak with Morris&#8217; daughter, Kalea, who said &#8220;Something to the effect of &#8216;something happened to grandma.&#8217;&#8221; At that point, Laura Eschler told Dannels, Gabriel Morris told the child to stop talking about &#8220;what happened to grandma.&#8221;

From the same link as above.

Poor angel witnessed what happened! Good lord.

I hope they catch this perp....poor Kalea, worrying about her gramma. :(

Oregon Double-murder suspect Gabriel Morris has Utah ties

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14441051

Who's giving him money?? $150 doesn't last that long...is he stealing credit cards, wallets??

Getting handouts from churches with some poor-me lies??

Suspect in Oregon double homicide captured in Virginia

DUMFRIES, Va. – A man suspected of killing his mother and her boyfriend earlier this month in in Bandon, Ore., has been captured in Virginia, according to the Prince William County police department in northern Virginia.

more here

http://www.katu.com/news/local/84971132.html

It doesn't say anything about Kalea & her mom...I'll keep looking.

ETA:

Virginia police have captured Bandon double homicide suspect Gabriel Morris.

Coos County District Attorney R. Paul Frasier said Morris, his wife, Jessica, and their 4-year-old daughter, Kalea, are in custody in Virginia. Frasier said police arrested the couple shortly before 10 a.m. Pacific Standard Time today. The DA said no one was hurt during the arrest.

more here

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2010/02/22/news/doc4b82cb220e2e7953362154.txt

:woohoo:

<snip>

Monday morning the Prince William County Police Department received information that a wanted person may have been staying in a residence in the 3900 block of Dominion Drive in Dumfries. Police spokesman Sgt. Kim Chinn tells 9NEWS NOW that the resident who lives there became suspicious of the suspect, looked his name up on the Internet, and found that he was wanted in Oregon for two murders.

http://www.wusa9.com/rss/local_article.aspx?storyid=97463

The perp got web-sleuthed! :dance:

I wish I could high-five the informant.....that's awesome!!

ETA:

The Coos County Sheriff's Department says police arrested Gabriel Morris and his wife Jessica. Their four-year-old daughter Kalea was found unharmed. Jessica was arrested on the material witness warrant previously issued for her arrest.

Authorities say that Morris was hiding out with a person they met online who lived in Virginia. That person became suspicious of Morris' behavior, checked his name online and decided to call the county police. Prince William County police and the SWAT team found and arrested the Morris family at the residence.

more here

http://kezi.com/page/163408

Wow -- how'd Morris talk people into letting him into their homes?? :eek:

Gabriel Morris was staying at one of my friends house who met him online playing Perfect World, an online RPG. Gabe called my friend up and said he was going to be in the area and would like to meet him. My friend and his wife thought it would be cool to meet someone they've been talking to for so long. They've been playing the game with him for awhile. He stayed at my friends house for about a week with Jessica and the little girl. He was feeding my friend a lot of crap and differing stories. My friend's mother who owns the house and works for the police department got suspicious and googled Gabe's and saw he was wanted on the AMW webpage. It was the first page that popped up.

She told the police department then called my friend's wife and tried to coax her out of the house, but Gabe was being shady and, I'm assuming, gave her reason's not to go. The wife's brother came over as the police started surrounding the neighborhood with sharp shooters pointing at the house. The brother had no idea what was going on. after a few minutes the brother came back outside then Jessica and the little girl came out. Followed by my friend's wife, then Gabe. Gabe was carrying a robe, which turns out was covering a .22 rifle. They got in separate vehicles and started driving. The police swarmed in and got them without incident. I saw the whole thing happen from my grandmother's front door.

I met Gabe Sunday night and had a few drinks with him and my friend at my friend's house. He seemed a little odd but I would have never guessed the reason why. He was friendly and courteous. The rest of the occupants of the house had no clue as to what was going on until my friend's mother did the search, but they were growing weary and suspicious of him.

I'll answer any questions you have considering I shook hands and drank with the guy the day before he was caught.

Kalea Morris has been recovered. Found on 2/22 and dad arrested in Dumfries, VA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back