WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and can't help but wonder if the perp was aware of the air search or the emphasis on the Colockum area. Did this have any influence on his decisions.

I think her body was already in CB so he was probably just thinking, Whew!

I think (tentatively) that shoreline is considered easement and public use?

Also some parts of CB (all?) are actually long term leases from the PUD and technically public land. The leases run out this year IIRC and some residents are very upset.

Sooooo, perhaps somebody that works within the confines of a public utility? Somebody that gets around, a lot, in rural areas?

Colockum isn't far from CB, but the location where the body of the snowmobile was found was on the other side is quite a ways away. (Although, I'm not sure how big the search area was for the snowmobile.)

Sidenote: I've hiked over the Colockum to Ellensburg in the winter, spending the night on snow somewhere near the research center at the "top". I came out the same canyon where they found the snowmobiler the next day.

Alt, isn't PC closer to Colockum than CB is?

Dogdad, can you speculate on whether or not there are cameras at each of the various boat launches between RI dam and Rocky Reach. If so, do any or all record to tape?

girlfawkes, I admire your dedication and interest to this case. I've seen some great posts from you here and on ww. Like you I use the same name. I am just less inclined to use it on WW for reasons that have nothing to do with this case.

Lets solve this thing!

Thanks, understood :)

Colockum isn't far from CB, but the location where the body of the snowmobile was found was on the other side is quite a ways away. (Although, I'm not sure how big the search area was for the snowmobile.)

Sidenote: I've hiked over the Colockum to Ellensburg in the winter, spending the night on snow somewhere near the research center at the "top". I came out the same canyon where they found the snowmobiler the next day.

Correct, CB is not that far away from Colockum, as a bird or plane flies. I am thinking it was less obvious to go to CB by road/highway than screwing around on back roads in canyons, where an all out search was being conducted.

Interesting Dogdad. Its great to have someone on here with that experience! Can you go into more detail on some of the things you know?

I know more than a little bit on a few things? Your gonna need to be a little more specific. I can answer any questions if thats what you are asking?

I have been certified as an expert witness in 6 states regarding this and I will tell you with 100% certainty that is an incorrect statement. Not trying to make you look bad or be argumentative but there is absolutely no way that location could be that specific in that scenario based ona registration

Doddad - clarify for me, please? The boat ramp location is where the incoming/outgoing texts were made. Would this make it easier to pin down the location, as opposed to just a registration ping?

Thanks,

Salem

It's the other side of major river, with a bridge back up in Wenatchee, but I believe as the bird flies, Colockum is closer to CB then PC

I was up there many years ago 4x4ing. Seems like we went in from Cashmere and accross and then came out.....Elensburg maybe??? Long time ago.

I think (tentatively) that shoreline is considered easement and public use?

Also some parts of CB (all?) are actually long term leases from the PUD and technically public land. The leases run out this year IIRC and some residents are very upset.

Yeah, but from what I've read that affects the people that live there year round at the trailer parks.

The shoreline in public but where the tire marks were on the driveway is private, whether its bank owned or whatever. Where the body was found/ duck blind was is also private land, I believe.

Correct, CB is not that far away from Colockum, as a bird or plane flies. I am thinking it was less obvious to go to CB by road/highway than screwing around on back roads in canyons, where an all out search was being conducted.

Yeah, but there are plenty of places north of the Colockum that wouldn't have been searched, (unless it was a HUGE search area for the snowmobiler). Places like up Mission Ridge or up the Stemilt Creek Road take you out of the way pretty fast, - if you just wanted to dump a body and were worried about the air search going on down below Malaga.

Yeah, but from what I've read that affects the people that live there year round at the trailer parks.

I know where my family's vacation home is, people not staying there are not even allowed in the gates...

I'm pretty certain grilfawkes is making reference to waterfront properties in CB.

I was up there many years ago 4x4ing. Seems like we went in from Cashmere and accross and then came out.....Elensburg maybe??? Long time ago.

From PC road, jump across the Squilchuck road and on up Wenatchee Hts. You wouldn't even have to go through town. Work your way up to "the crossroads" and hang a left.

~respectfully snipped~
I'm still working on catching up but want to respond to this.

Yes - this is helpful. I'm thinking it would be more likely that the ping was on the way back from CB (if the ping was near Rock Island). If the car was at Rock Island at 5:42, heading to the canyon, it would have been parked about 30 to 45 minutes later or about 6:12-6:22 p.m. Then the perp walked somewhere and/or got a ride. The car was noticed 1/2 hour later.

I can see this occurring as well.

However, I would think that phone would continue to ping unless after acquiring service at 5:42 it was turned off or destroyed before it could ping again. If the last ping had something to do with the loss of, or return to service, I find it more likely due to loss of service as it would likely have been destroyed at CB when she was left.

My phones have never made a noise when returning to service, so I am unsure why attention would have been drawn to the phone after service was reaquired at RI dam and the phone turned off or destroyed. I don't think "pings" make noise...If not turned off or destroyed, it would would have picked up more pings in the service area, would it not?

I think it's most conceivable the phone had a last ping on the way to CB. I know it messes up the timeline, but still, it's conceviable that the person was at CB 10 more minutes (allowing 20 minutes time to place the body) and still got up to PC around 7:00 PM. If he/she left CB at 6:20, it could be done. And, if this is w=the case, it could reinforce the CB scene was not the place the murder took place as it would likely have taken too much time to fit the timeline.

Just my thoughts and opinion

Yeah, but there are plenty of places north of the Colockum that wouldn't have been searched, (unless it was a HUGE search area for the snowmobiler). Places like up Mission Ridge or up the Stemilt Creek Road take you out of the way pretty fast, - if you just wanted to dump a body and were worried about the air search down going on down below Malaga.

I believe your observation and experience supports the random drop of the car at PC, and why MC was not left there or farther up, as the perp(s) really did not know the area THAT well.

ETA: In addition, they were dumping a car, not her.

Doddad - clarify for me, please? The boat ramp location is where the incoming/outgoing texts were made. Would this make it easier to pin down the location, as opposed to just a registration ping?

Thanks,

Salem

Great question, and still hard to answer.... IF both the incoming and out going message were off the same site, the same face, and the same power level then yes. Because its a valley and its near water no. You could pick up 1 of 7 towers in the area.

Like I said, when I testified it was always circumstansial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member