Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was lots of confusion in the beginning about this video. It was thought that this was BD upon leaving BWR... However it was her walking to BWR.

Sea - What a great idea! Brittanee's Law!

There was lots of confusion in the beginning about this video. It was thought that this was BD upon leaving BWR... However it was her walking to BWR.

i made the same mistake.... Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't this pretty much render this video useless?

so there is no video of her AFTER leaving BW ?

i thought she was caught on film shortly after leaving bw and that was a key factor in LE (or maybe it was the media) coming up with the whole "7 minutes" thing... Please tell me someone else knows what i am talking about...

its early maybe i should have more coffee before posting

Yeah, I remember that. In fact before media even established it (they were ALL over the place with 'was it her coming or going') I did a street view Google map and determined it was a camera facing east (towards the ocean), which could only have meant she was walking south, the direction of Blue Water. The street view showed that same hedge and everything she is passing going in that direction. IIRC, the camera was located at the corner of 11th Ave South and Ocean Blvd. and I am pretty sure that hedge is the beginning of the Sea Mist Resort, which spans about 3 blocks there.

Is this video you asking about of BD walking after leaving PB room? heres link i have of her,its very dark and if look good the video has light on BD as shes walking,you see few ppl pass her then looks as if its 2-3 with dogs walking few feet behind her heres link look to your right click on it it start
link>>>
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/s914066.shtml?cat=565

RoseC, You ROCK! IDK how you keep up with all the links that you provide for us. Thank you!

So this video was Before Britt arrived at BH. So wouldn't there be a video of her returning back to her hotel? Has one been released? I ask because I wonder if there is any documented video which shows the direction she walked when she left BF. do you know if it's been confirmed that she actually did walk in the direction of her hotel after leaving the boys room.

That video is very grainy, IDK how LE can tell it is actually Britt but I suppose it is since it coincides with her arrival at the boys hotel.

wm

This is my understanding - the 7 minute thing

She was not captured on any street video after exiting the BWR and this is how LE knows she went missing within the 7 minute time frame - she didn't make it to the first camera that should have picked her up...

i made the same mistake.... Correct me if i am wrong, but doesn't this pretty much render this video useless?

so there is no video of her AFTER leaving BW ?

i thought she was caught on film shortly after leaving bw and that was a key factor in LE (or maybe it was the media) coming up with the whole "7 minutes" thing... Please tell me someone else knows what i am talking about...

its early maybe i should have more coffee before posting

mlatta, the only video after her visit at BW is actually her leaving the hotel lobby. In fact, I think eventually the media reported they could only narrow her disappearance down to between 25th (BW) and 12th Ave S., as this same exact camera did NOT pick her up coming back. Apparently there are no other cameras trained directly on the sidewalks between there. Most of the hotels/resorts right there have the main lobby back off the sidewalk several feet. This video was maybe a Super 8 motel or something like that.

I'll have to dig to see if I can find this article...

But seems to me, I remember one article stating that BD's phone was tracked leaving BWR - going north (presumably back to BH) and then she turned around and began going south. This was presumed to be when she was taken?

Anyone remember that article?

I'll have to dig to see if I can find this article...

But seems to me, I remember one article stating that BD's phone was tracked leaving BWR - going north (presumably back to BH) and then she turned around and began going south. This was presumed to be when she was taken?

Anyone remember that article?

MBL, I don't remember the article but that is the question in the back of my mind. Is there any proof that Britt indeed headed back in the direction of her hotel? I know that's what the boys stated, that she was going back to return shorts to one of the girls, but do we know that for sure?

Just exploring all possibilities. I wonder if LE checked any survellience vids going in the opposite direction?

I had wondered that same thing...if cams were checked going further south and suspect they were checked. I'm sure it would have been hard to spot her in a vehicle...but at least LE would have descriptions of vehicles traveling in that direction.

Hope this works...It is the Google Street View from 11th S and Ocean Blvd. That is the Quality Inn where the video was taken from as she headed down to BW. That camera did not pick her up coming back.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...oid=qlcvJJtgxNpkhX-91DctyQ&cbp=12,199.59,,0,5 (Give it a few seconds to load the street view and then you can use the arrows to rotate around that view or move north or south towards either Bar Harbor or Blue Water.)

Yes, MBLover, I remember the article. I dont remember anything about any specific pings heading north, back towards Bar Harbor, that would be very close, but definitely that a cell tower in Surfside, about 8 miles south of BW, picked it up, and then the one in Georgetown.

I had wondered that same thing...if cams were checked going further south and suspect they were checked. I'm sure it would have been hard to spot her in a vehicle...but at least LE would have descriptions of vehicles traveling in that direction.

There is very little going south of Blue Water, doubt there would be any cameras there. Ocean Blvd only goes a couple more blocks to where it curves back into Hwy 17 Business.

I suspect she did head back north to Bar Harbor walking, was picked up and then one of the avenues taken that link back over to Hwy 17 Business, they turned left and headed south on Hwy 17; maybe 17th Ave South where there is a light. Stopping at the intersection of one of those avenues without a light to turn left onto busy Hwy 17 would take a lot longer than hitting a light. Immediately got off the boulevard with her.

but definitely that a cell tower in Surfside, about 8 miles south of BW, picked it up, and then the one in Georgetown.

Too bad we dont have an exact time on these pings... we could then determine if she began traveling south immediately following her departure of BW...

Too bad we dont have an exact time on these pings... we could then determine if she began traveling south immediately following her departure of BW...

mlatta, as best my memory serves me, it was around 9-915 PM. I can go back and try to find it, I'm sure it is linked in one of the earlier threads. But again, as 'exact' as the media got it would be what we have to go on.

mlatta, as best my memory serves me, it was around 9-915 PM. I can go back and try to find it, I'm sure it is linked in one of the earlier threads. But again, as 'exact' as the media got it would be what we have to go on.

are you referring to the Surfside Beach ping?

Also, iirc, the media reported the Georgetown county ping as if the phone stopped moving in Georgetown county and continued to ping this single tower until sometime like 4 or 5 am, we can somewhat assume at that point the battery may have died....

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...aker-brittanee-drexel-nearing-an-end/19435668

new article.....she is featured on AOL also.......

snipped~~~~Johnson said the people of interest include three, possible four, individuals who live in the Myrtle Beach area. He declined to name them, and none has been charged.

"About 20 people have given us information, and the information they're giving to us is leading back to these few, but it's not enough to get an arrest warrant," Johnson said. "I would love to be able to get probable cause to get an arrest warrant to put them in jail today, but we don't have it.

"We feel like it is right there at our fingertips, but we've got to wait until we get enough."

are you referring to the Surfside Beach ping?

Also, iirc, the media reported the Georgetown county ping as if the phone stopped moving in Georgetown county and continued to ping this single tower until sometime like 4 or 5 am, we can somewhat assume at that point the battery may have died....

Yes, right now I am looking for a reference or news article with the exact time they stated it pinged at Surfside. I think I am on the right track with this one post from SuziQ, putting that timeline of her leaving BW at 8:55 would be almost perfect timing for essentially an immediate abduction for it to ping in Surfside at 9:15, as my memory is telling me...but I'm still looking. Its about a 15 minute ride from that area to Surfside.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC-Brittanee Drexel 17, Msg 04/25/09, Myrtle Beach thread #2

As heartbreaking as it was to watch Britt's family last night, it did give me renewed hope in this case. I always felt that LE was trying to brush this under the rug so to speak. I am hopeful that the investigation is moving in the right direction. For you posters (LLLindsayy & MBLover, etc.) who have stayed on this case throughout....Do you know the ID of these POI's? It sounds to me that the ROC friends may be able to ID these people or place Brittanee with them, but perhaps not directly involved??? I always felt they had something to do with it, I guess I could be wrong. But they know something!!! Who are they protecting?

Not trying to confuse things any more than they already may be, but as I am looking for the specific reference to the ping in Surfside and the time on it, I did manage to come across this finally. It was a media statement made early in the case that always bugged me, stating they tracked her phone traveling OUT of Williamsburg Co., back towards the coast. All the other times I have tried to reference this I have been unable to find the actual media report of it. It was like it just vanished, but here it is!
http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=87961

"Police also said they were able to locate Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast. That was days ago."

Just goes to my theory that after traveling through Surfside, that phone (she) went inland towards Andrews area, then back out to the Santee River/Hwy 17.

Still looking for the time on the Surfside ping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410