2010.04.15 Presser Video: Sheriff, Haleigh Likely Dead; POI Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They are moving out of there today. They will continue to follow where lead takes them.

I got the impression they will go back to that area if they need to, idk.
yeah.. it almost sounded like they may search somewhere else pertaining to the lead (he kept saying they would keep "following the lead")

Did he say that they thought Haleigh was put into something?

I went back and listened for a second time. It's my understanding that he said he thought she was put somewhere in that area. I didn't get the impression he was talking about her being put into some sort of container. That was my take anyway.

(BTW, I've always felt that Ron had a hand in this. His response on the 911 call just never rang true to me.)

He didn't say they found no remains. He said they had found many small articles of interest, they were examined by an anthropologist and sent off to the lab for analysis.

That sounds very much like bones an anthropologist identified as human. :(

It also fits with his saying he believed little Haleigh died there. :no: I don't think he would say that without some physical evidence.

Those words were so chilling...........they killed her there???
I was shocked by that........

ps-also the fact that they have a time to finish today makes me think they have found enough evidence...

I agree...

The thing is, LE must know that the ONLY way she would still be in that exact spot would be if whoever put her there, put her there in a heavily weighted down container that would not have gone away with the current.

If a body outside of a container had been weighted down and thrown in, there would be nothing to find at all at this stage...maybe just the weights.

Poor sweet baby....RIP Little Angel.

also... at the start of the presser I didn't have time to type it... but LE said that some of the information came from interviews conducted on the case. dicsect that as you guys will :)

Yep. I think they have found her, parts of her or something that relates only to her but they can't/won't speak a word of it until the lab tests come back.
But I think in their hearts, whatever they found, they know in their hearts it has to do with Precious Haleigh.

Yes, I agree. His eyes were so sad and he choked back tears a couple of times. Much more emotion than you would normally see in this kind of presser.

My notes from presser w/Sheriff Hardy:

Hardy: SEVERAL POIs
HC most likely deceased
rumor of arrest not true
this area has NOT been searched b4 because they focused near her residence
tip for this search NOT from TN, reporter asked from behind bars? Hardy declined to comment
They have evaluated everything found from alligator toe nails to whatever
It is like finding a needle in a haystack
No plea bargain with MC or any others
Have searched the banks on both sides
Asked how long for analysis of recovered items? Analyzed on scene, cleared on the spot
Have been building a case for past 14 months
shut down search @ 6 pm tonight
Asked about JoeO? "we spoke, he lawyered up"
Homicide
"This is not about me, this is about trying to bring somebody to justice"
reporter asked about trafficing charges? Hardy "A lot of time to think about this"
How many POI? Hardy: several
Have U learned anything from MC? Hardy: that's private (more or less)
Noticed any changes in MC misdemeaner? Hardy: Absolutely, she's in trouble
Confident in clues U found now? Hardy: not gonna give up, going to bring this case to a logical conclusion

whew - that's my notes for whatever it is worth..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by B4igo2it; Today at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo, sorry new keyboard

- I wonder if they found pieces of that pink blanket.
- I wonder of they will take Timmy & Chelseas van again to try & compare the scratches with specific vegetation in that area.

Very sad. We knew this was coming. But wow! It's tragic.

Yep. I think they have found her, parts of her or something that relates only to her but they can't/won't speak a word of it until the lab tests come back.
But I think in their hearts, whatever they found, they know in their hearts it has to do with Precious Haleigh.

I think whatever they found confirms it's a homicide, no longer a missing person case, and that's why LE had a meeting with the immediate family.

HLN now replaying presser

Since they are saying they think the river is the crime scene then I am wondering if they just threw Haleigh in there and let her drown. The thought of it is really upsetting to me. :(

Oh dear God......I hope not.

When asked how long they were going to search this area, Hardy said "we will do this til the end" and also said "I am confident I will not give up on this little girl and her family". Those two statements give me the utmost respect for him and his team and feel they are more determined than ever to find her. He isn't going to give up.

Did he say that directly?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if someone already answered that, but yes I couldn't here the ?'s bbeing asked by the reporters, but in answer to one he said she know's she is in alot of trouble. I assumed that he was refering to MC.

A couple of thoughts: JO already had a lawyer. Misty knowing that "she's in trouble" could be interpreted as her finally coming to the realization that it is wrong to withhold pertinent information in a criminal investigation. jmo

I am usually just a lurker around these parts, but Willie Fan you typed what I was thinking, oh my god I am sitting at my desk just balling my eyes out, and need friends like you guy's around, the Sheriff while talking was truely breaking my heart also he looked so very I don't know hurt I guess. I was always so sure that Haleigh died in the MH got a hold of pills and OD'd. I hoped and prayed that it was just painless and she fell asleep. Now to hear this that they think she died at the River, How? WHY??? .............. Oh my just WHY??????

Oh God I have no more words just a thousand tears.....God Bless that precious Baby.....just god bless.

Also I am hoping that we I get to see playback on the Prsser on JVM or NG I missed, Did the Sheriff say that she was in something??????

BBM
ITA, I thought Haleigh did at home and hoped it was painless and slept away from OD...........this has made me so sad also...........
did they drown her???:furious:
No one heard or saw anything???
This just get worse!:furious:

Those words were so chilling...........they killed her there???
I was shocked by that........

Sounds to me like she was taken there, most likely in the van, for indecent purposes, and was killed afterwards and disposed of. Sick predator - deserves the worst.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8
Back