NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder which direction the bus stop was in? Did they ever say? Same direction as the Beltway or another direction? The latest search area was the same direction as the Beltway. Would have likely taken it to get there.

I wonder which direction the bus stop was in? Did they ever say? Same direction as the Beltway or another direction? The latest search area was the same direction as the Beltway. Would have likely taken it to get there.

Don't know about the bus routes but the Belt itself is like this - if Patrick was walking south to the Belt, he would have come across the west bound side, hence toward Staten Island. If he was walking north to the Belt, then he would have encoutnered the east bound lane which would have pointed toward Long Island.

1+Patrick+Alford+7+MISSING+NY+01-22-10.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ht4YDxZpR...00/1+Patrick+Alford+7+MISSING+NY+01-22-10.jpg

Thanks Ruby! He is such a nice looking boy! I wish we would get some good news about him. So much time has passed - I'm really very worried.

Salem

I hope this little boy is safe. I worry about him. Have there been NO sitings? NY is such a big city. I'm 49 years old and can't imagine taking off like that. Poor baby.

It has been over 3 months. A 7 year old can't make it on the streets. I often wonder where Patrick is.

Bumping for little Patrick. No news in nearly a month.

IMO, if mom was involved, she would have messed up by now. Made her move. Done something, anything to indicate that she knows where he is.

7 years old. Where are you, Patrick?! :(

A 7-Year-Old's Cold Trail

NYPD Officers Haunted by Search for 7-Year-Old Boy in East New York

On a snowy night in January, 7-year-old Patrick Alford went missing. Within 90 minutes, Jeffrey Maddrey began to search.

Four months later, he's still looking.

Mr. Maddrey, 39, is the commanding officer of the precinct covering the crime-ridden East New York section of Brooklyn. He and the precinct's chief of detectives, Lt. John Tennant, 44, have seen it all. Yet the Alford case haunts them, and they now regard it as the most important in their decades-long careers.

Police said it is among the most intense searches in recent history with 9,100 apartments at 214 buildings canvassed and 14,000 people interviewed.

They've even devoted a situation room to Patrick at the precinct house. Maps and photographs cover the walls. On the main table, a chart connects at least 40 people related to the case, from Patrick's mother to a member of the Bonanno crime family.

At the top of the chart is a photo that has been distributed throughout the city: a little boy with his shirt buttoned to the top and a breakout smile. His photo was shown twice on "America's Most Wanted," though police said it generated few leads.

More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...632786625888.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLTopStories

I would like to send an email to Mr. Maddery and Lt. Tennant to thank them for their hard work on Patrick's case. However, I can only find a phone number to the 75th Precinct. No email. If anyone else has any luck, please let me know.

Family Prays For Return Of Missing Seven-Year-Old Boy

As police continue their nearly four-month long search for a missing second grader, his family continues to hold out hope for his safe return. NY1’s Joe Malvasio filed the following report from a prayer service and vigil in Tompkinsville on Wednesday.

More & Video at link: http://statenisland.ny1.com/content...rays-for-return-of-missing-seven-year-old-boy

:furious: They are still calling him a runaway at this link. He is 7 years old. A 7 year old does not run away for four months. A 7 year old runs away for an hour, gets scared or hungry, and comes home. Where are you, Patrick?!?!?

That really angers me. A 7 year old runs away, cause they're mad, but always returns home either A. once it gets dark, B. they get hungry, C. realize they don't know what the hell they're doing! When a 7 year old doesn't return home for 4 months, you can bet your hat that something bad happened. What? Are we to just believe that 7 year old Patrick is just hanging out in a homeless encampment or a shelter stewing over all of this? No. He's not. Something very bad has happened to this little boy. I know it. There's a reason why Patrick hasn't come home yet. And it's not because he simply doesn't want to.

On Staten Island, mom and kin keep the faith for young Patrick Alford

Patrick Alford is still out there ... somewhere.

It’s this hope that keeps Jennifer Rodriguez going. A hope beyond hope.

And a prayer that, at any second, her phone will ring and Patrick’s well-remembered voice will be on the other end telling mommy to open the door because he’s coming home.

Last night, at a vigil for the missing 7-year-old New Brighton boy held at Mount Sinai United Christian Church in Tompkinsville, which Jennifer’s aunt Brenda Ortiz attends, the Rev. Dr. Victor A. Brown helped Jennifer and several family members keep that hope alive by taking to Pike Street and locking hands in a prayer circle.

More: http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b...and_kin_keep_the_faith_for_young_patrick.html

vigiljpg-36b98929edf93b3b_large.jpg

Some interesting statements from above article at http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b...nd_kin_keep_the_faith_for_young_patrick.html:

Patrick told the ACS caseworker he wanted to go with his father, Patrick Alford Sr. Jennifer “begged” ACS to put both kids with their father.

If the father couldn’t take them, there were plenty of family members — Brenda Ortiz, aunt Claudia Ortiz, even Jennifer’s mother, Debra Ortiz — who could have taken in both kids until Jennifer got back on her feet.

According to the ACS caseworker’s report, Jennifer’s pleas and Patrick’s expressed wishes to be with his dad fell on deaf ears because she lied in court that Alford Sr.’s girlfriend abused her children.

“Unfortunately that lie [Ms. Rodriguez] told in court is keeping the children in foster care,” the ACS caseworker wrote in the report, “and only the judge can determine what happens next.”
So, Jennifer "begs" that ACS let Patrick go with his father, and then says that dad's girlfriend abuses the kids? Interesting.

Patrick didn’t want to be there. Every time he spoke with his family on the phone, he pleaded to come home, his grandma Debra Ortiz said a couple of months ago.

On Jan. 22, when it became obvious that nobody was going to let the little boy go home to his family, Patrick made a run for it.
Okay. We know he probably did make a run for it. But a 7 year old isn't still running after 4 months! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?

Ms. Moran told police she and Patrick were taking trash downstairs to the lobby of her building. She said she took a call on her cell phone and ... poof, Patrick was gone.

That’s her story.

Little JA had her own version: She said her brother took out the trash that night.

Why believe a 4-year-old over an adult? Because it doesn’t make sense for Ms. Moran to lug her trash down 11 flights to a bin in the lobby when a trash outlet was located next to her apartment. She had only to walk a couple of feet outside her door and toss it down the chute.

It’s a moot point now. JA lives with her father and Patrick hasn’t been seen since.
Patrick's sisters name changed to initials by me. So apparently little Patrick took the trash out by himself. Now THAT is a story, even if it's from a 4 year old, that I am inclined to believe.

Some interesting statements from above article at http://blog.silive.com/around_the_b...nd_kin_keep_the_faith_for_young_patrick.html:

So, Jennifer "begs" that ACS let Patrick go with his father, and then says that dad's girlfriend abuses the kids? Interesting.

Probably explains why no one believed the mother when she said she did not know where Patrick was. A history of lying to a court just about ruins her credibility. I'm not saying she had anything to do with it, but you can see why they tossed her at Rikers for a while when they believed she knew something and was not opening up.

Probably explains why no one believed the mother when she said she did not know where Patrick was. A history of lying to a court just about ruins her credibility. I'm not saying she had anything to do with it, but you can see why they tossed her at Rikers for a while when they believed she knew something and was not opening up.

Maybe she felt the girlfriend was abusive at times, it doesn't mean she lied, and why would the court punish Patrick because his mom lied ? Shouldn't there have been some evidence that Patrick would be at risk with his dad before giving the children to strangers ? Didn't they investigate the abuse allegations against Dad's girlfriend ? Foster care was not the only option in this case. Not even close.
I wouldn't want my ex's girlfriend to raise my kids, I might not agree with her parenting and I might think she's mean but if I had no other choice and I felt it was best for my children to be with their father than strangers, I would do the same thing.
Asking that Patrick go with his dad was the most unselfish thing she could have done. The way things are supposed to work (they don't), it should be harder to get a child back from their parent than the state. IMO, she knew that she might not ever get custody back from the dad but she was willing to risk it so that Patrick wouldn't suffer. It has to be terrifying to be taken from everything and everyone you know and love.

Bio-mom definitely has her share of issues. Unfortunately, that got Patrick taken away. I do wonder why, if the court was told of abuse issues in dad's home, they didn't opt for placement with another family member? Maybe mom had issues with those too. Who knows.

And regarding foster mom...I think that maybe her changing her story so much was because of her trying to cover up that she let Patrick take out the trash alone. She let a 7 year old, who said he was going to run away, out on his own. And she felt guilty.

IMO, bio-mom and foster mom both made some bad decisions that probably weren't the best for Patrick. But I don't think either of them had any direct involvement with his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member