Theories about Ron's breaks and werk schedule

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as LE is satisfied with the information Ron has given them, it doesn't matter if bloggers are. Ron owes no blogger the satisfaction of saying sorry, or a show of his emotions so they can say he did not react correctly, so he must have murdered his daughter. Not one of us knows what information he has given to LE, so how can you say he did not? I am responding to others previous posts on this thread.
My theory on Ron's work schedule is that he was at work as he stated that night. I don't have to like him or his lifestyle to believe him. His daughter was beautiful and was murdered and so far I have seen no facts to prove he had anything to do with it, other than a very poor choice in a babysitter.

My question is why wouldn't this company give him a break and bring him back
to work considering all he had gone through? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Sounds like the kinda job where you go to work, do your job and go home.
They really wouldn't have to worry about issues of media and stuff when RC worked the night shift. Whose gonna hang out at 1,2 3 a.m. to interfere with his job.
And I agree, why is no one from there talking to media. Didn't he have friends at work? No one claiming to be his friend has interviewed with media. Just questions I have had for awhile.

BBM that is a good point, but also a problem because we don't know what time "officially" he got off work, even Shoey hasn't confirmed that. Getting off at 3:00 has not been confirmed except by Ron. Question, why hasn't LE or Shoemaker confirmed hours...seems pretty simple, yet this hasn't been done.

Speaking of which...

I wanted to bring this over as it pertains to this very subject:

Originally Posted by gngr~snap (TY!)
Audio tape transcript of Ron Cummings Discussing the day Haleigh disappeared.

~snipped for space...

ron: I! I picked my daughter up from the bus stop… and she sat in my lap…
*advertiser censored*** what the world thinks, they can all suck my d*** …. I let her sit in my lap and steer the car home… and she put her left blinker on to turn left down the dirt road to go to my house. When she rounded the (unintelligible) and s***… hit the right blinker! okay?

ron: i got out, i gave her a hug and a kiss… i gave my son a hug and a kiss,
gave my girlfriend a hug and a kiss, told her i love you… i`ll see y`all when i
get home from work.

ron: my daughter come up missing feb the 10th… feb. the 10th, at about
three 27, 28... i was there for about three minutes turning the house upside down and then told misty, call 911, call 911. call 911.

ron: at 3:26 is when the 911 call was made. so, i must have pulled in at
about 3:23. they also have ummm surveilance videos from the top of the
hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes… they asked me if i was
there what took me so long to get home? i said i stopped at the store…
well what store? i told em, well what did you buy? i said, i bought
a pack of basic lights in a box, i bought a pack of newport shorts
in a box, i bought a pack of honey roasted peanuts, i bought a pack of
salted peanuts, and i bought a 30 ounce Budweiser in a bottle.
(end quote)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What I find unsettling about this is Ronald stating that LE asked him what took him so long to get home :)waitasec:). After reading this, it narrows the "from work-to-home" timeline even more according to this account by Ronald himself.

So...

From PDM Bridge LLC, Palatka, FL - Shift ends at 3:00 a.m
To
Kangaroo Express, 1171 U.S. 17, Satsuma, FL = 15.2 mi/about 22 mins
To
202 Green Lane, Satsuma, FL = 2.3 mi – about 6 mins
Total Time = 28 Minutes
Ronald would have arrived home at 3:28 a.m.

*This does not provide for any extra time needed for Ronald to walk to his vehicle after punching out at PDM, getting out of the parking lot, considering that other employees were getting out of work also, going into the KE to buy his beer, cigs, and peanuts, and searching around the home for HaLeigh before making the 911 call (rather, having Misty make the 911 call).
THE CALL CAME INTO 911 AT 3:27 A.M

If we allow even an extremely conservative extra 5 minutes for Ronald to walk to his vehicle, get out of the PDM parking lot, go into the KE to purchase beer, cigs, and peanuts, that would put him home at 3:33 a.m. Now, if Ronald actually searched around the home for HaLeigh as he claims, let's say even for 2 minutes, the earliest the 911 call would have been made would have been 3:35 a.m.

Clearly, based on Ronald's account; "at 3:26 is when the 911 call was made, so i must have pulled in at about 3:23." (end quote) There is NO WAY POSSIBLE he got out of work (PDM) at 3:00 a.m. and would have/could have been home by 3:23 a.m. If, as he claims, LE questioned him about why it took so long for him to get home (Re: Dee10's question - why hasn't LE or Shoemaker confirmed hours...seems pretty simple, yet this hasn't been done.), than obviously we (the public) have been seriously misled about what time Ronald Cumming's work shift ended at PDM that late night/early morning of HaLeigh's disappearance. That would also mean that LE has allowed this account (Ron's shift ended at 3 a.m...) to be repeated over and over again by media outlets without making any corrections. More importantly to me, it means that, while they (LE) haven't had a problem calling Misty out on national television about inconsistancies in her story, they've omitted publicly any mention of Ronald's. And that does not sit well with me. JMHO ~

Sounds to me like the police were suggesting rc got off of work earlier than 3:00am and were curious as to why it took so long to get home.

But even more curious is ron NOT ever saying what time it was .... he totally danced around any numbers or time on the clock....:waitasec:

Sounds to me like the police were suggesting rc got off of work earlier than 3:00am and were curious as to why it took so long to get home.

But even more curious is ron NOT ever saying what time it was .... he totally danced around any numbers or time on the clock....:waitasec:

And even more curious why were they there waiting for him??? He had not even made Misty make the 911 call yet!

something is way wrong here! (there) they were waiting on him to return home... make a 911 call hang up twice and cuss because they are taking too long? They whoever they is... were already there! Could it be TN? and a co-worker?
With back up at 116 Tyler just in case Ron flipped because everyone in the family (at least in Palatka) already knew? Or becauses they decided to take care of things before he came home?

This is creepy!

And even more curious why were they there waiting for him??? He had not even made Misty make the 911 call yet!

something is way wrong here! (there) they were waiting on him to return home... make a 911 call hang up twice and cuss because they are taking too long? They whoever they is... were already there! Could it be TN? and a co-worker?
With back up at 116 Tyler just in case Ron flipped because everyone in the family (at least in Palatka) already knew? Or becauses they decided to take care of things before he came home?

This is creepy!

gngr~snap, I'm sorry - I must be tired and overlooked something(s) but could you explain to me what (or where...) you're referring to "they were waiting on him" TIA!

hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes
… they asked me if i was
there what took me so long to get home?
i said i stopped at the store…

It's OK I know it's late.
That is the million dollar question!
I cannot answer your question. I do NOT know who was waiting for Ron when he got home. But someone was at the MH wondering what took him so long! before he ever called 911

But LE are they only ones with surveillence cameras monitoring the roadway. As far as I know.

I thought he meant that LE wondered what took him so long, later.

I thought he meant that LE wondered what took him so long, later.

why would they ask Ron that?
If LE was waiting on him why? Why even call 911 LE could radio it in. why moan about them not showing up when they were just there or still are? :snooty:
UNLESS it was a dirty cop looking for drugs???:waitasec:

I do not mean to sound rude. I think the jig was up BEFORE 911 was ever called. but I dunno who done it still... all MOO

I'm not sure why you think LE was waiting for him at home. I think it's standard procedure that LE would want to know exactly when Ron went to and left work, when he arrived home, which route he took and how long it took him to drive. I didn't take the quote to mean that LE was waiting for him at the doorstep; I thought he refers to the interrogations afterwards.

I am pretty sure it was LE wanting to know what took ron so long. ron related the whole story but w/o mentioning the time. He said to Cobra that he told LE it was because he drives "Like a Cracker"..always the smart azz. It was unfathomable to me that he related the whole story w/o mentioning any time...yet the entire sujbect matter was about time. That is very telling. EVERY single person, business, family member, friend, employee, Business and LE will not mention ron's work hours...even ron refuses to mention numbers. He mentions 3:26 because LE nailed that time...and that is all he says.

But ron did relate to Cobra that LE wanted to know why it took him so long. Funny because everyone else thinks he arrived too early if he got off at 3:00am. That tells me he got off work earlier and he is squirming around the time by saying I just got home from work, which does not necessarily mean that he finished work at 3:00am. We are just assuming that.

hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes
… they asked me if i was
there what took me so long to get home?

It's OK I know it's late.
That is the million dollar question!
I cannot answer your question. I do NOT know who was waiting for Ron when he got home. But someone was at the MH wondering what took him so long! before he ever called 911

But LE are they only ones with surveillence cameras monitoring the roadway. As far as I know.

I don't believe that LE was waiting for him. IIRC Ron is talking about when LE questioned him - after the 911 call was made - about his whereabouts that night/early morning which is SOP. What does stand out to me though is Ron's mention of the surveillance cameras at that area of the roadway (top of the hill, where the 2-lane turns into a 4-lane...). He really seems familiar about where the surveilled areas are. Paranoia?? JMHO ~

I'm not sure why you think LE was waiting for him at home. I think it's standard procedure that LE would want to know exactly when Ron went to and left work, when he arrived home, which route he took and how long it took him to drive. I didn't take the quote to mean that LE was waiting for him at the doorstep; I thought he refers to the interrogations afterwards.

I will re read the transcripts. And if I took it out of context I do apologize. Thank you for sticking with me here. I FINALLY get what you are trying to get across = ]

Yep, ron does have a paranoid personality......with good reason.

I don't believe that LE was waiting for him. IIRC Ron is talking about when LE questioned him - after the 911 call was made - about his whereabouts that night/early morning which is SOP. What does stand out to me though is Ron's mention of the surveillance cameras at that area of the roadway (top of the hill, where the 2-lane turns into a 4-lane...). He really seems familiar about where the surveilled areas are. Paranoia?? JMHO ~

I am pretty sure it was LE wanting to know what took ron so long. ron related the whole story but w/o mentioning the time. He said to Cobra that he told LE it was because he drives "Like a Cracker"..always the smart azz. It was unfathomable to me that he related the whole story w/o mentioning any time...yet the entire sujbect matter was about time. That is very telling. EVERY single person, business, family member, friend, employee, Business and LE will not mention ron's work hours...even ron refuses to mention numbers. He mentions 3:26 because LE nailed that time...and that is all he says.

But ron did relate to Cobra that LE wanted to know why it took him so long. Funny because everyone else thinks he arrived too early if he got off at 3:00am. That tells me he got off work earlier and he is squirming around the time by saying I just got home from work, which does not necessarily mean that he finished work at 3:00am. We are just assuming that.

I was hypothesizing... about LE being the "they" RC referred to. A car was in the area...

IMO TN was waiting for him by Misty's side until he got home. IMO Misty and TN are the "they" he speaks of because as far as TN is concerned she was at home when the 911 call was made. MOO she was in Ron's yard when 911 was called.

I am not trying to start any rumors so call me out if you see fit! I tend to get blinders on sometimes. Help me to think OUTSIDE of the box... sometimes I need to! :dance:

If TN had been there it would explain how she got there so dang fast. I don't get that interpretation from this snippet though. I bet if she was there it was because something was being cooked up and it wouldn't suit him to let Cobra know.

about 3:23.

Speculating about the time he might have got home, using the only firmly fixed time in this case as the basis.

they also have ummm surveilance videos from the top of the
hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes…

They referring to LE. Apparently they've told him they'd caught him on video at a specific time.

they asked me

Still referring to LE, IMO.

if i was there what took me so long to get home?

The time he was caught on camera is too early for him to have driven straight home and been there at 3:23.

Good thing he's got an explanation to give LE.

more questions asked by LE, more answers. Why does he repeat, "I bought" with every single item? He's really detailed about his purchases, IMO. I don't really care if he prefers his beer in a can or in a bottle and which brand of ciggies he got but it's good to know that he's got this part of the story nailed so perfectly. Everything else is a bit hazy but at least we know for sure that he drinks Bud.

I agree and, respectfully, disagree. What you're saying about the statements and "alibi making" goes for both, IMO. Just because MC was the one to call (we know that RC made her call) and she embelished more than RC during the call, I don't think means much. His statement of "I just got home from work and..." is just as alibi making as hers. PLUS the fact he was constantly answering things with "I was at work". Most of the time, it didn't even make sense as an answer. "Do you believe Misty's story?", "Do you think Jr told Crystal the story about the man in black?", "What do you think happened?" -- and many, many more. That statement, added with the smirk, tells me he's just sitting back saying "ha ha suckers!"

If Ron was at work after Haleigh was last seen by someone other than a member of the Croslin family, he indeed has an alibi, that is, evidence that he did not kill his daughter. You can want to read that statement on the 911 call as a conscious attempt to construct an alibi, I suppose, but there is no evidence in the text itself that Ron is attempting to "tell a story" rather than do what people in trouble do when they call 911--ask for emergency assistance from police, fire fighters, etc. And we can see that in the contrast to Misty's language in the 911 call. It is imaginable that someone would say, "I just got home from work. My house is on fire. I need someone here now." But not, "Hi…umm…I just woke up…and our backdoor was wide open and I think…and my house is on fire." Actually, if you look at what Misty says, there is no reasonable translation to an emergency scenario of her words "and I think…and I can’t find our daughter." At some point, a caller has to say what the emergency is. Her statement is about what she can't find--and we know for sure that her statement is both literally true (Haleigh has been removed from the home and she knows/"thinks" that she "can't find" her) and deceptive--intended to create the impression that she has searched for Haleigh and "can't find her." We know that this "I can't find her" statement is a lie based on other statements she has made to her family as well as statements her brother has made to LE. And her language confirms what know by other meanS: that she is lying.

But the context of Ron's statement is in actually reporting Haleigh missing and asking for police to come to the house, which Misty never does in all her rambling. Ron's first sentence says 1) why he needs police response (he came home from work to find his daughter missing) and 2) he asked for police response. The question of this thread, to consider theories about Ron's work schedule, I think has to been seen in relation to his clear and straightforward request to 911. That it devolved into profanity and threats to kill whomever took his daughter may say a lot about his immaturity and character, but does not indicate deception based on how people who examine the language people use evaluate that language. Ron's statements about his being at work that night have been consistent; LE has either verified his whereabouts and essentially cleared him, whether they have announced it or not, OR they know he is not telling the truth, which should have strongly indicated his guilt to LE because it would be a lie about his whereabouts at the critical time. There are no indicators that LE has him as a suspect and many indicators that they have two other people and possibly three in their crosshairs. And in a year, there has been no witness come forward to challenge his statements about being at work. I don't think it much matters exactly when he clocked out, so long as it was around 3 and his visit to the convenience store is reasonable given that departure point. The only reason anyone is even debating this point is that Ron's status as a suspect utterly falls apart if he was at work after Haleigh was last seen. There is not a word in the 911 call that can reasonably be seen as deceptive--that is, intending to make LE believe one thing when another is true. He doesn't say, "I was at work": that would be "telling a story" about where he was when his child "disappeared." He says, "I just got home from work," which is both literally true and not deceptive. There is absolutely nothing about that statement that could mislead LE.

We would need what LE almost surely has--the text of their interrogation of Ron as to when he has saw Haleigh and what he did from the time he left for work and the time he clocked out--to even begin to consider whether he has been deceptive ("telling a story intended to deceive") about being at work--which he does not reference in the 911 call. LE has the time clock evidence, eyewitness testimony, Ron's formal statements given to professional interrogators, his cell phone records, the receipt from the convenience store and perhaps surveillance video that either confirms when he arrived at work, whether he stayed there for the whole time, and when he left or refutes his account. And no one--not Misty, not Tommy, not Joe, not Hank or Lisa, not Timmy or Chelsea or Lindsay, not a neighbor or someone else driving home from work--no one has stepped forward to say that Ron wasn't at work. And with life without parole or the death penalty on the line, wouldn't you think one Croslin would stand up and say to someone, "Ron wasn't at work" or "Haleigh died before Ron went to work"? Wouldn't one worker or supervisor at Ron's former job want to help find Haleigh and tell what he or she knows?

You're making some good points, pittsburghgirl, but I can see several possible scenarios in which Ronald might be culpable even if he was at work and Haleigh was seen later. It would require he had some help hiding the body unless he could have snuck out of work at some point of the night somehow (Which I haven't completely ruled out in my mind just because IMO Shoemaker danced around the questions when he was asked about what exactly Ronald did that night and whether he was observed the whole time.)
In that case stating his working alibi might be very relevant for him. Say, if it was his drugs or his bad temper that caused her to die later, or if he had any role in planning a cover up for something somebody else did (the phonecalls...?), she could have been seen well after he left for work and in that case he would very much like for everyone to know that.

Slightly OT but when I read up about statement analysis the 911 call was full of red flags. The lack of any urgency and lack of any appeals for police assistance was very striking in Misty. Ronald was asking for police to get there, or cursing them when they didn't, but the statement analysis articles I saw noted that it may indicate innocence if the callers are making pleas for help for the victim (versus help for themselves). Neither Ronald or Misty got out of their way saying that LE must find Haleigh quickly before anything bad happens to her. Misty really never referred to any help she might have wanted from LE at all. Ron made some references to wanting LE assistance but he never said, "Oh please come she needs help, you need to find my daughter before she is harmed"), he focused on himself and said he needed LE to act fast because he would be in jail for killing the perp if he got there first.

Saying he just got home from work was extraneous information in the 911 call, IMO. It was not a response to the dispatcher asking him about things he couldn't know because he hadn't been home, he opened the discussion with the information unprompted. He provided only two pieces of information in the 911 call, and he hang up when he was asked questions. The only input he had for the dispatcher was that he was at work and that he had homicidal impulses. IMO it means being at work was important for him.

You're making some good points, pittsburghgirl, but I can see several possible scenarios in which Ronald might be culpable even if he was at work and Haleigh was seen later. It would require he had some help hiding the body unless he could have snuck out of work at some point of the night somehow (Which I haven't completely ruled out in my mind just because IMO Shoemaker danced around the questions when he was asked about what exactly Ronald did that night and whether he was observed the whole time.)
In that case stating his working alibi might be very relevant for him. Say, if it was his drugs or his bad temper that caused her to die later, or if he had any role in planning a cover up for something somebody else did (the phonecalls...?), she could have been seen well after he left for work and in that case he would very much like for everyone to know that.

Slightly OT but when I read up about statement analysis the 911 call was full of red flags. The lack of any urgency and lack of any appeals for police assistance was very striking in Misty. Ronald was asking for police to get there, or cursing them when they didn't, but the statement analysis articles I saw noted that it may indicate innocence if the callers are making pleas for help for the victim (versus help for themselves). Neither Ronald or Misty got out of their way saying that LE must find Haleigh quickly before anything bad happens to her. Misty really never referred to any help she might have wanted from LE at all. Ron made some references to wanting LE assistance but he never said, "Oh please come she needs help, you need to find my daughter before she is harmed"), he focused on himself and said he needed LE to act fast because he would be in jail for killing the perp if he got there first.

Saying he just got home from work was extraneous information in the 911 call, IMO. It was not a response to the dispatcher asking him about things he couldn't know because he hadn't been home, he opened the discussion with the information unprompted. He provided only two pieces of information in the 911 call, and he hang up when he was asked questions. The only input he had for the dispatcher was that he was at work and that he had homicidal impulses. IMO it means being at work was important for him.

What parent does not call 911 themselves when within reach of a phone... when their child is in danger? What parent makes the "babysitter do it" and LIE to them about who she really is??? MOO, MOO, MOO, the guilty parent. that's who!

JMO

Speaking of which...

I wanted to bring this over as it pertains to this very subject:

Originally Posted by gngr~snap (TY!)
Audio tape transcript of Ron Cummings Discussing the day Haleigh disappeared.

~snipped for space...

ron: I! I picked my daughter up from the bus stop… and she sat in my lap…
*advertiser censored*** what the world thinks, they can all suck my d*** …. I let her sit in my lap and steer the car home… and she put her left blinker on to turn left down the dirt road to go to my house. When she rounded the (unintelligible) and s***… hit the right blinker! okay?

ron: i got out, i gave her a hug and a kiss… i gave my son a hug and a kiss,
gave my girlfriend a hug and a kiss, told her i love you… i`ll see y`all when i
get home from work.

ron: my daughter come up missing feb the 10th… feb. the 10th, at about
three 27, 28... i was there for about three minutes turning the house upside down and then told misty, call 911, call 911. call 911.

hill where it goes from two lanes to 4 lanes… they asked me if i was
there what took me so long to get home? i said i stopped at the store…
(end quote)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What I find unsettling about this is Ronald stating that LE asked him what took him so long to get home :)waitasec:). After reading this, it narrows the "from work-to-home" timeline even more according to this account by Ronald himself.

So...

From PDM Bridge LLC, Palatka, FL - Shift ends at 3:00 a.m
To
Kangaroo Express, 1171 U.S. 17, Satsuma, FL = 15.2 mi/about 22 mins
To
202 Green Lane, Satsuma, FL = 2.3 mi – about 6 mins
Total Time = 28 Minutes
Ronald would have arrived home at 3:28 a.m.

*This does not provide for any extra time needed for Ronald to walk to his vehicle after punching out at PDM, getting out of the parking lot, considering that other employees were getting out of work also, going into the KE to buy his beer, cigs, and peanuts, and searching around the home for HaLeigh before making the 911 call (rather, having Misty make the 911 call).
THE CALL CAME INTO 911 AT 3:27 A.M

If we allow even an extremely conservative extra 5 minutes for Ronald to walk to his vehicle, get out of the PDM parking lot, go into the KE to purchase beer, cigs, and peanuts, that would put him home at 3:33 a.m. Now, if Ronald actually searched around the home for HaLeigh as he claims, let's say even for 2 minutes, the earliest the 911 call would have been made would have been 3:35 a.m.

Clearly, based on Ronald's account; "at 3:26 is when the 911 call was made, so i must have pulled in at about 3:23." (end quote) There is NO WAY POSSIBLE he got out of work (PDM) at 3:00 a.m. and would have/could have been home by 3:23 a.m. If, as he claims, LE questioned him about why it took so long for him to get home (Re: Dee10's question - why hasn't LE or Shoemaker confirmed hours...seems pretty simple, yet this hasn't been done.), than obviously we (the public) have been seriously misled about what time Ronald Cumming's work shift ended at PDM that late night/early morning of HaLeigh's disappearance. That would also mean that LE has allowed this account (Ron's shift ended at 3 a.m...) to be repeated over and over again by media outlets without making any corrections. More importantly to me, it means that, while they (LE) haven't had a problem calling Misty out on national television about inconsistancies in her story, they've omitted publicly any mention of Ronald's. And that does not sit well with me. JMHO ~

BBM...IMHO There isn't too much of anything concerning the investigative officers and how they have handled this case that sits well with me.. .. Ron's work hours.. that night.. are just one example...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion