UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anyone wants to move forward on the Hike for Susan Month in June, please send me an email at isabelle.zehnder@comcast.net and let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,
Isabelle Zehnder
Seattle Headlines Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner

What my idea was is that, in addition to organized mass searches, a group of her supporters declare it Hike for Susan month, and then two, they ask all Utahns, Idahoans, and Washingtonians (maybe Nevadans, Wyomingites, too....) to spend as much time hiking this month as possible in the areas they know well. It's the flip side of an organized search - it's a search of any area within driving distance of where they lived, especially areas he was known to have visited before. So good areas to recommend would be those around where his family lived in Washington, areas he visited as a child in Idaho, etc. Areas accessible that snow-covered night by van. Etc.

These states are full of people who are intimately familiar with a few hiking spots and even some mines (I know quite a few myself). If it was a priority not to wait until August but to get out each weekend, perhaps in the evenings after work, and people essentially fanned out and everyone searched the areas they know well, it certainly couldn't hurt. That is basically how most body dumps are found - either by homeowners walking their land or by hikers.

I wonder about friends of Susan's trying to get the Governor's or Mayor's office to issue a proclamation about Hike for Susan Month. As a way to raise the consciousness of the tri-state region, it would be a good help. But I think the effort needs to come from inside the state, and I don't live there.

What my idea was is that, in addition to organized mass searches, a group of her supporters declare it Hike for Susan month, and then two, they ask all Utahns, Idahoans, and Washingtonians (maybe Nevadans, Wyomingites, too....) to spend as much time hiking this month as possible in the areas they know well. It's the flip side of an organized search - it's a search of any area within driving distance of where they lived, especially areas he was known to have visited before. So good areas to recommend would be those around where his family lived in Washington, areas he visited as a child in Idaho, etc. Areas accessible that snow-covered night by van. Etc.

These states are full of people who are intimately familiar with a few hiking spots and even some mines (I know quite a few myself). If it was a priority not to wait until August but to get out each weekend, perhaps in the evenings after work, and people essentially fanned out and everyone searched the areas they know well, it certainly couldn't hurt. That is basically how most body dumps are found - either by homeowners walking their land or by hikers.

I wonder about friends of Susan's trying to get the Governor's or Mayor's office to issue a proclamation about Hike for Susan Month. As a way to raise the consciousness of the tri-state region, it would be a good help. But I think the effort needs to come from inside the state, and I don't live there.

Dovebar, you should really email Isabelle Zehnder from the Examiner about the Hike for Susan month. She would help to publicize it and make folks aware of what they could do. Just help to get the ball rolling, so to speak.
Remember, anything positive that creates awareness about Susan's case is GOOD!

Well, it's good to see Josh's dad has theories about where Susan is: "Susan Cox Powell went missing nearly six months ago and her father-in-law says he thinks she may have left for 'a fling or respite,' and hopes she, his son, and their two kids will land on their feet."

I don't mean to sound unpleasant - at all - but I sure would like to give that guy a swift kick in the crotch.

And I sure would like to hold him down while you did that :angel:

Dovebar, I think this is an excellent idea you've come up with! I'm not in the area or areas but I really hope some noise can be drummed up so it happens.

Excellent Dovebar. This is the type of activites/organization I would like to have seen/seeing taking place. Boots on the ground, ideas coming forth from people in the know about where he had spent time out in the wilderness on the FB site. And your idea of it being multi-state wide is spot on. If people want to send postcards...goody...but instead, why not send just a dollar or two to a search fund for any expenses incurred in the organization of such. Seeing this FB group actually going big time for continual actual "hikes" in search of Susan will do more in scaring Josh or getting him and his father on their toes. I'm sure there are people who may need people to watch their children while they search for a day. Organize for it. People could help in so many different ways. Just start and find out what your needs are.....God works through people...and your needs are met....no? Just an idea....but instead of Pants On The Grounds.....Boots On The Ground for a slogan. Hiking For Susan is good also.....anything....just LOOK. Kudo's Dovebar.....again.

I just read the article where Josh's dad made the statement about Susan left for a fling ... :sick: :furious:

Are you kidding me :furious: What a thing to say, do you know how "out there " that statement is....he should be ashamed of himself. What a jerk, I mean really ? I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. This is just disgusting.

I will continue to pray daily for LE to find her and save her children from the evil that seems to surround them....
This of course is JMO only...

I just read the article where Josh's dad made the statement about Susan left for a fling ... :sick: :furious:

Are you kidding me :furious: What a thing to say, do you know how "out there " that statement is....he should be ashamed of himself. What a jerk, I mean really ? I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. This is just disgusting.

I will continue to pray daily for LE to find her and save her children from the evil that seems to surround them....
This of course is JMO only...

Another excellent reason for these "hikes". Finding Susan would put an end to all this speculation and outlandish website. And help put the boys in a "true", nurturing environment.

This comment about a fling says a lot more about him and his own lifestyle than it does about Susan. Speaks volumes, you might say. It reflects also most badly on POI, who lawyered up instead of helping to offer a good long list of names to LE, of those guys he'd have to be jealous about.

I honestly thought Susan would be found by now. Not surprised to hear the FIL is suggesting she left voluntarily...sickening. Praying for the truth to come to light in this case. Shocking to me that Josh is not behind bars yet.

Prayers for Susan, her family and friends.

FB has 46,000 fans on the Susan Powell page. There has been thousands of people trying to help and set up searches. The WVPD should of been encouraging the searches. Instead, they are acting just the opposite. They say they are not releasing any information because they don't want to jeopardize the case. What Case? They aren't any closer to finding Susan than they were in December.
Every time I drive down the road past a field, ditch, river, etc. I wonder if Susan is there. I can't help but feel Susan can not rest in peace until we find her and make sure her children are safe.

Another nice weekend. More people are out poking around. We're not giving up, Susan!

FB has 46,000 fans on the Susan Powell page. There has been thousands of people trying to help and set up searches. The WVPD should of been encouraging the searches. Instead, they are acting just the opposite. They say they are not releasing any information because they don't want to jeopardize the case. What Case? They aren't any closer to finding Susan than they were in December.
Every time I drive down the road past a field, ditch, river, etc. I wonder if Susan is there. I can't help but feel Susan can not rest in peace until we find her and make sure her children are safe.

I totally agree!! I feel like WVPD wants to take all the credit for finding her, which I am beginning to feel may never happen. :banghead:

I camp all over Utah and look every time I am out but if they could at least release the cell phone pings the week of her disappearance that would at least give us a better idea where to look.

I agree with that. In other searches, like the Steven Koecher case, the cops have released the cell phone data.

Where is a reporter who will at least ask the police why they won't release it here?

A break in the Stacy Peterson case? Does that matter here? I think it does, and I keep hope alive and healthy.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5251402&postcount=1"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5251402&postcount=1[/ame]

New page added to Josh Powell's http://susanpowell.org site

Missing Six Months

MommyIsBeautiful.jpg
It has now been six months since Susan disappeared, and her family is still trying to cope with her absence. Everyone hopes she will walk back through the door soon, especially her husband and children.

In the meantime, the kids have been progressing rapidly, and Charlie has already learned how to read and write. He recently wrote a wonderful message for his mommy as seen in the photo.

Continued at source: http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Family/SixMonths.aspx

Does this man live in a fairy tale world or what!

In my opinion, he's brainwashed his children and is attempting to brainwash the public as well. As I said before, I am certain he is laughing his butt off while imagining how particular people he despises will react to each page he adds. He is basically entertaining himself at the expense of those who love and miss Susan. I feel he hates those who care about her and wants to cause them as much mental anguish as possible.

This is really a "See how smart I am! I've been able to get away with murdering Susan for six months now!" page, in my opinion.

I teach young children. IMEducatedO, the child wrote MY MoMMy.

Someone else wrote BEAUTifUL.

I teach young children. IMEducatedO, the child wrote MY MoMMy.

Someone else wrote BEAUTifUL.

Interesting you should say that. I thought the same thing immediately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back