OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just caught up reading. I was hoping he would have been found.

Just saw an update on the KATU twitter. The sheriff is bringing in more agencies to help search and a National Guard helicopter also joined the search this morning.

Per Multnomah County Sheriff on live news, last night they searched on foot, canine,and they had an air search with the infrared heat camera/sensor.

Shortly the Air National Guard helicopter should be arriving to do an air search.

They have several different surrounding Counties search teams present, State, FBI, and other local search teams and canines searching as well.

Great news Chili.
The more the better.

I hope they give all they've got to find this precious little boy.

I just hate the fact if was hours between the time he went missing and the time it was noticed and reported. That's a real disadvantage to searchers.

Hmmm...

Anyone good at understanding glasses?

Kyron's glasses look fairly strong. Would these be for looking in the distance? Closeup? How far might he be able to see well without those glasses -- say if they were taken away from him or he dropped and broke them?

Are people looking for those glasses?

Also, I am curious... in one news report, it was mentioned that Kyron was wearing a "CSI" t-shirt, in another it says a "science themed" t-shirt. Why would they not say CSI? That would certainly stand out if someone saw that shirt on a child. I think that they might also mention the neon kinda colors on the front of that black t-shirt.

Is anyone knowledgeable about whether there would be lists of what would be heard in court when? Is it possible that there was a custody hearing coming up soon, or was one recently held?

Might a grandparent have gone to see Kyron's science project and taken him home?

I've been watching NW News while getting ready to leave this morning and they haven't shown this case in over 30 minutes!!! :banghead:

I've been watching NW News while getting ready to leave this morning and they haven't shown this case in over 30 minutes!!! :banghead:

There are no new updates this morning either via any of the websites.

NW News Top of the Hour:

Sun and warmer temps today. (Good news!)
(He needs to be found - rains are coming back tomorrow!!!)

Desperate search - coming up!!!! How we can help, they said.

Rivers are overflowing, BTW. They are deeper and faster than they should be. Are there any waterways around Skyline?

Showing pic of Kyron. Last seen 8:45AM am. Step-mom called school at 3:45PM. Authorities can't confirm he was at school. Lt. Lunds??? is being interviewed and says this is devastating for the family. He is extremely shy and afraid of the police.

End of story.

Here is a map of the area, there is a creek which I'm sure is high, and rail road
tracks and a long rail road tunnel, (I think it's about 4000 feet or so) I do remember hearing them talk about searching that area so I'm sure they have.

map.jpg
[/IMG]

Another local here, I live about 15 minutes from the school. This school is in a fairly affluent area of the city, up in the NW hills. My first thought when I heard the name of the school was Forest Park. Forest Park is a 5000 acre forested area just east of where this school is located. You can see from the photos on its website that it is more forest than park. Whether he went there on his own (may have been there on a field trip or with his family since they likely live in the neighborhood) or not, I couldn't guess.

http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=127&action=ViewPark

Hope this sweet boy is safe at home soon.

Another local here, I live about 15 minutes from the school. This school is in a fairly affluent area of the city, up in the NW hills. My first thought when I heard the name of the school was Forest Park. Forest Park is a 5000 acre forested area just east of where this school is located. You can see from the photos on its website that it is more forest than park. Whether he went there on his own (may have been there on a field trip or with his family since they likely live in the neighborhood) or not, I couldn't guess.

http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=127&action=ViewPark

Hope this sweet boy is safe at home soon.

Hello pdxmama..

My DBF told me about the tunnel, so last night I looked it up.. I've lived in this area for over 20 years and didn't know about it!

Have you ever been there? I know they talked about searching the tunnel last night but I was a bit curious about it as they said something about local kids liking to play there.

Very good idea about the Park! I hope they are also searching there!

I don't think that Kyron's parents (including his stepmom) had anything to do with him going missing. She seems to indulge him and love him very much. Just look at that science fair project!

Also, she has as many photos of him on her FB as she does of his little sister (her natural daughter).

I am leaning toward stranger abduction. Schools open their doors to visitors during science fairs. Any perv could have visited, and walked right out with Kyron.

VERY SAD CASE and my greatest fear when my son was little.

I'm not sure I know where the tunnel is. We were thinking about going for a hike today in the park, maybe I'll drive around a little bit, staying clear of searchers of course. Could you give me a location of the tunnel?

I'm not sure I know where the tunnel is. We were thinking about going for a hike today in the park, maybe I'll drive around a little bit, staying clear of searchers of course. Could you give me a location of the tunnel?

She made a map of it one page back.

I don't think that Kyron's parents (including his stepmom) had anything to do with him going missing. She seems to indulge him and love him very much. Just look at that science fair project!

Also, she has as many photos of him on her FB as she does of his little sister (her natural daughter).

I am leaning toward stranger abduction. Schools open their doors to visitors during science fairs. Any perv could have visited, and walked right out with Kyron.

VERY SAD CASE and my greatest fear when my son was little.

His stepmother took Horman to a science fair at the school Friday morning. They walked through a number of classrooms and his stepmother left at 8:45.

According to the sheriff’s office, the stepmother saw the boy walking toward his classroom as she left the building but officials with Portland Public Schools said Horman’s teacher never saw him in class which started at 10 a.m. The teacher marked him absent.

If adults and kids were walking in and out of classrooms that morning...

:(

The map is post #150,
Here is info from a website I found..

snip
If you are in Portland, Oregon you can get an excellent picture of a RR tunnel opening if you go to NW Rock Creek Road and Cornelius Pass Road. Set your camera where the road comes together and in front of you about 50 feet up the track is a tunnel that will let you take an excellent picture. This is the best shot in Oregon of a tunnel opening.

It is their 4,000 foot Cornelius Pass tunnel. This tunnel has access roads at both ends. This is called the Cornelius Pass tunnel. Most of the people think that no train goes on this line. They have from one to two trains a day and you have to be carefull and NOT go into them or stand on the tracks.

If adults and kids were walking in and out of classrooms that morning...

:(

I have 3 children, so I've been to many of those little science fairs. (and helped
make the displays) =) His is very good!

I remember people wandering around freely from room to room in the school, and there was never anyone monitoring the front door.. In fact at any kind of event I have gone to at the kids schools (even Elementary) strangers could be milling around and someone may think it's someone's parent..

The map is post #150,
Here is info from a website I found..

snip
If you are in Portland, Oregon you can get an excellent picture of a RR tunnel opening if you go to NW Rock Creek Road and Cornelius Pass Road. Set your camera where the road comes together and in front of you about 50 feet up the track is a tunnel that will let you take an excellent picture. This is the best shot in Oregon of a tunnel opening.

It is their 4,000 foot Cornelius Pass tunnel. This tunnel has access roads at both ends. This is called the Cornelius Pass tunnel. Most of the people think that no train goes on this line. They have from one to two trains a day and you have to be carefull and NOT go into them or stand on the tracks.

Thanks! I am heading out in a bit, will see what I can do. At the very least I can probably get some good photos.

Hoping for a happy ending soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member