Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quickie timeline I put together... will add links etc soon:

Thursday - May 20: Beth goes to son's ball game, and then leaves with J in a rented white Altima on a six-hour trip to Mt. Vernon area, where J's boyfriend is remodeling a house.

Sunday - May 23: Beth is supposed to return with J but J decides to stay an additional day.

4:00 PM - Last time Scott Bentley hears from his wife Beth.

4:30 PM - J claims she dropped Beth off at the Centralia Amtrak station, which is a 35-minute drive from Mt. Vernon. She did not stay with Beth, but left her at the platform. No one on the train, including the conductor, recalls seeing Beth. There are no records of Beth having been on the train.​

Monday - May 24: Scott Bentley reports his wife Beth missing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that J isn't being honest with LE.

Has anybody brought this up? She would have needed a ride from the Woodstock train station to her house. Her house is about 4 miles from the station. Obviously she is going to call her husband to have him pick her up from the station that night. You'd think she would do that sooner than later after she decided to take a train.

I'm thinking that the train story is just a concoction invented by the people responsible for her being missing--whomever they may be.

I think that there's entirely too much focus on the train story and not enough on the boyfriend/best friend's apparent dishonesty.

Good Morning everyone...just finally read through this thread. You guys are doing a terrific job sleuthing.

I have to agree that J and bf need further scrutiny....there is a lot wrong with J's story in every way. There is just something about here character that comes through as troubling.

Radiant....I am so sorry your friend is missing. I am praying for her safe return. Thank you so much for joining us here.

Been up all night trying to find information. Would like to have birthday info for Beth and J's BF if anybody can find it. I would have to post anything I might see in charts in the Forensic Astrology section though, per a post I have seen somewhere on the forum.

Here are pics of what I did find.

Note that Sunset was a few minutes after 8 and it still would have been twilight until around 8:30.

Can someone check with Amtrack and see if she could have paid for a ticket after boarding the train?

Bob

1-Station.gif

2-Station.gif

3-ILTrain.gif

4-.gif

5-Sunset.gif

JW doesn't have a criminal record either in McHenry County Illinois or in Riverside County CA, where it looks like she lived the rest of her life. I'd like to know who her boyfriend is. Obviously the fact that her sister says JW shouldn't talk on advisement of her lawyer is fishy.

I still wouldn't rule out Beth being abducted at the Centralia train station, though, even though that doesn't seem like the obvious scenario.

I agree Chili. I think something happened to Beth before 6 PM and probably not in Centralia. Just thought a picture of the station and confirmation about the train station and schedule might help make things clearer for some.

If Beth had over an hour to wait for the train I think she would have found someplace to have something to eat and sit down inside. At any rate it would have been broad daylight between 4:30 and 6:00 PM. And nobody saw her in that 90 minute period?

Bob

The banner is wrong. A well-meaning person made it, of their own accord without being asked to, and it is wrong.

The person that makes the banner is from LostNMissing. She usually gets info from LE and family. Lavanda Dolce is a member here, let her know if something is wrong with it.

Something happened that seperated Beth from her friend, why and where?

I agree with the she left thing.. Maybe Beth got Po'd and while steamed started venting to the wrong person?

An odd post on the FB group says something like--Beth, no matter what has happened in the past, we all love you. No matter what, we love you and want you home. Your safety is all that matters.

Welcome to WS, radiant, and I too am sorry for your present worries.

Had to be one heckuva fight for JW to just drop her friend at this type of stop and drive off. I can see where mean things might have been said, and both women would have shown a cold shoulder for the other.

I'm starting to think that might not be what happened, though.

I agree she was never taking a train. Something happened before and more than likely at the house she was visiting.

Makes no sense at all Cubby - can't believe she was on any train at all. She is called a 'serial texter' and a serial caller - and she doesn't call her husband during the wait?

A vendor says he/she saw Beth? There was a Blackhawk playoff game Sunday the 23rd and I'm sure the station was crowded due to that huge event, even late at night. I can't believe anybody remembers seeing her at the station. moo

Interesting observation about the Blaackhawk game, I was not aware of that.

The person that makes the banner is from LostNMissing. She usually gets info from LE and family. Lavanda Dolce is a member here, let her know if something is wrong with it.

Ok Ruby. I am not familiar with her, please know that I meant no offense. I will mention something and see if we can update it. Thank you for mentioning that.

I hope this doesn't seem insensitive...

But the movie Single White Female keeps flashing through my mind.

Photos of J from a while back show a mousy headed woman with frumpy clothes and glasses. Flash forward to recent photos, and you see a platinum blonde with a lot of make-up on, revealing clothes, and glasses gone. She looks wasted in a lot of the more recent photos.

I'm not going to post any more of my suspicions right now...but something is up with J. Lawyering up immediately after Beth went missing--she has to know that the train story comes across as bogus.

I think police need to get a warrant, search the house and the property in Mt. Vernon, and I think that J and boyfriend should be brought in for some serious questioning. The train story does NOT hold water.

There is no way that Beth got on a train, or even decided to get on a train, without first making arrangements with her husband.

Something is up in this story, and I don't think that the conclusion is going to be very good. :(

And gah! I hate blown margins! Have to scroll across to read everyone's posts.

I don't see how anyone could NOT remember seeing Beth. She is a large woman, but has a very stunning appearance. If I saw her a month ago, I'd remember her.

This is why I don't think she was anywhere near the train. Too many people would have encountered her. No one remembers her. And her appearance is very memorable.

Been up all night trying to find information. Would like to have birthday info for Beth and J's BF if anybody can find it. I would have to post anything I might see in charts in the Forensic Astrology section though, per a post I have seen somewhere on the forum.

Here are pics of what I did find.

Note that Sunset was a few minutes after 8 and it still would have been twilight until around 8:30.

Can someone check with Amtrack and see if she could have paid for a ticket after boarding the train?

Bob

Beth was born 12 Feb. 1969. No year on J, but bday listed as 20 Nov on FB

Yes, you can pay for a ticket after boarding due to no ticket sales at Centralia station. I think this policy applies only to stations such as that where there is no ticket sales on-site. Cash paying ticket buyers are still supposed to have their personal info (name, address) recorded by Amtrak personnel upon ticket purchase.

Interesting observation about the Blaackhawk game, I was not aware of that.

Game time was 2 pm, 8 - 8 1/2 hours before the vendor claimed to have seen her. I suppose there could have been fans hanging out and going home late that evening, although I think the biggest crowds would have passed through Union earlier.

With the length of time she has been missing, this is not going to end well.

Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I looked at the train schedule from Chicago - for the Union Pacific Northwest line. It makes no sense that she would have chosen this as an alternative to riding home with her friend.

IF the Amtrak train arrived in Chicago at 11 pm. (I did not check the train route to verify this- just took the times from the above info, only verified the train from Chicago to Woodstock). The two trains listed as leaving from Chicago :to Woodstock on a Sunday Evening (also the holiday schedule) leave at 8:30 pm and then not again until 12:30 am. So if she arrived in Chicago at 11pm, 1)It makes NO sense that she would wait for 1.5 hours for the next train out and 2) that she would not have called her DH and had him pick her up downtown at the train station.

The train which leaves Chicago at 12:30am arrives in Woodstock at 2:01 am. (If I am reading this right, which I think I am....... ) It is odd to think she'd wish to arrive at 2am.... and not inform her DH of this.."

----

I would like to point out that I was wrong in a previous post of mine this morning talking about Metra train departure times. I take the train regularly, and was thinking of the weekday schedule which has a train departing Ogilvie at 11:30 and 12:30 on the Union Pacific Northwest Line. Cubby is correct, the train she would have had to take that night would have been at 12:30. There was no 11:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member