The Girl in the Yellow Shorts

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
About 3/4 of the way down, this person's blog has pictures of some statues (the eye shading one included) and some of the terrain at Forest Lawn toward the end of the page. Remember it's not necessarily native plants, this is a private place and anything can be planted that will grow. I don't know about Azelas and Rhodies in SoCal, but they flourish in NoCal.

http://blogalice.com/

So far, this statue is the closest I've found to her pose.

I think that the girl in the yellow shorts was an actress from New York City. Her name is Andrea Feldman. Feldman appeared in Warhol's underground movies. However, Feldman committed suicide on August 8, 1972 in New York City.

She does kind of look like her. Personally she seems a little too tame to be Andrea though. Ya never know though.

I have a friend who was a personal friend of Jim Carroll's. Dang, we could have asked but Mr. Carroll recently passed. God rest his soul. Maybe my friend could take a look at some of the pictures although his thing wasn't amphetmaines. Plus he's a tad younger than alot of these people.

Good lookout though, SC.

About 3/4 of the way down, this person's blog has pictures of some statues (the eye shading one included) and some of the terrain at Forest Lawn toward the end of the page. Remember it's not necessarily native plants, this is a private place and anything can be planted that will grow. I don't know about Azelas and Rhodies in SoCal, but they flourish in NoCal.

http://blogalice.com/

So far, this statue is the closest I've found to her pose.

So it's a statue in a cemetery? That must have appealed to Alcala's sense of humor :p

I don't know whether this link is going to work -- but the alley of trees behind this statue of an archer, the one that points to Jimmy Stewart's grave, looks a bit similar to the one behind the women sitting in the grass:

http://blogalice.com/files/taylor2.jpg

There's a rhododendron beside Walt Disney's grave in one of the photographs.

So it's a statue in a cemetery? That must have appealed to Alcala's sense of humor :p

I don't know whether this link is going to work -- but the alley of trees behind this statue of an archer, the one that points to Jimmy Stewart's grave, looks a bit similar to the one behind the women sitting in the grass:

http://blogalice.com/files/taylor2.jpg

There's a rhododendron beside Walt Disney's grave in one of the photographs.

I think it's highly possible that these photos were indeed taken here. This isn't your ordinary cemetery, it has an art museum, a chapel where they even do weddings. (Regis Philbin was married there.) Anyway, I was looking at the area around the chapel "Wee Kirk o' the Heather", because I was wondering if that was possibly the structure on the left in the back of her. The color seems right for that.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...N&rlz=1B3MOZA_enUS351US351&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

Anyhow I give up looking for the exact spot, because I don't think you could find it since the landscape would be quite different 30 or 40 years later. The only way to be sure, would be to find that boulder she's standing on, which, on the other hand may be covered by plants now, who knows? For the heck of it, I think the photo of the girl in the red shorts is also posing a certain pose, now whether or not it's something he just asked her to do, or if like these, she was trying to pose in a position of a nearby statue, I guess all we can do is "GUESS". Same goes for Helmet girl. They could have all been places where there were statues nearby, after all the man's guise was that he was an aspiring artist and photographer. ( Makes me wanna' barf. )

Do we know where his known victims are buried?

I found this photo of where Robin Samsoe is buried, the tree in the background on the left looks familiar for some reason.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-03/53009606.jpg
33tt76f.jpg

I think it's highly possible that these photos were indeed taken here. This isn't your ordinary cemetery, it has an art museum, a chapel where they even do weddings. (Regis Philbin was married there.) Anyway, I was looking at the area around the chapel "Wee Kirk o' the Heather", because I was wondering if that was possibly the structure on the left in the back of her. The color seems right for that.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...N&rlz=1B3MOZA_enUS351US351&ndsp=20&tbs=isch:1

Anyhow I give up looking for the exact spot, because I don't think you could find it since the landscape would be quite different 30 or 40 years later. The only way to be sure, would be to find that boulder she's standing on, which, on the other hand may be covered by plants now, who knows? For the heck of it, I think the photo of the girl in the red shorts is also posing a certain pose, now whether or not it's something he just asked her to do, or if like these, she was trying to pose in a position of a nearby statue, I guess all we can do is "GUESS". Same goes for Helmet girl. They could have all been places where there were statues nearby, after all the man's guise was that he was an aspiring artist and photographer. ( Makes me wanna' barf. )

I agree, we seem to have established a likelihood that this is where the pictures were taken, but unless somebody in the area has time and inclination to go through the whole park looking for that exact location, I don't think we'll gain a lot.

And I don't think the photography thing was "guise." He seems to have been a photographer who was also a serial killer, rather than using the photography to gain access. None of the murders we know about stemmed directly from a photography session, did they? The vast majority of people he met describe him as friendly, outgoing, gregarious, the kind of guy they liked to have around.

I agree, we seem to have established a likelihood that this is where the pictures were taken, but unless somebody in the area has time and inclination to go through the whole park looking for that exact location, I don't think we'll gain a lot.

And I don't think the photography thing was "guise." He seems to have been a photographer who was also a serial killer, rather than using the photography to gain access. None of the murders we know about stemmed directly from a photography session, did they? The vast majority of people he met describe him as friendly, outgoing, gregarious, the kind of guy they liked to have around.

Actually, I can't remember which victim, but at least one of them was found where the lamp shades had been removed and it was said that the lamps were in positions as a photographer would have set up. (May have been more than one victim, I can't remember.)

I am not aware that he did photography for a living. (Other than if he was selling his *advertiser censored* photos.) "Amateur" photographer is all I've read. Also, I have been wondering, if he WAS a photographer for a living, did he ever have a fictitious business name, business card, studio somewhere? I've heard nothing about that at all, so I still say he was using his "photographer BS" as a guise.

Actually, I can't remember which victim, but at least one of them was found where the lamp shades had been removed and it was said that the lamps were in positions as a photographer would have set up. (May have been more than one victim, I can't remember.)

I am not aware that he did photography for a living. (Other than if he was selling his *advertiser censored* photos.) "Amateur" photographer is all I've read. Also, I have been wondering, if he WAS a photographer for a living, did he ever have a fictitious business name, business card, studio somewhere? I've heard nothing about that at all, so I still say he was using his "photographer BS" as a guise.

Yes, he did photograph at least some of his victims, apparently. I didn't mean to make him sound as innocent as I did.

The articles in the New York press indicated that he was at least attempting to make a living from his photography. He did quite a lot of work at weddings and other family occasions, according to an online site -- the story I wanted to point to has aged out into their archive section, unfortunately.

It probably doesn't matter which way one looks at it, either. It seems significant to me that the majority of his interactions probably didn't relate to anything more than taking pictures, but when I stop to think about it, it doesn't matter.

She does kind of look like her. Personally she seems a little too tame to be Andrea though. Ya never know though.

I have a friend who was a personal friend of Jim Carroll's. Dang, we could have asked but Mr. Carroll recently passed. God rest his soul. Maybe my friend could take a look at some of the pictures although his thing wasn't amphetmaines. Plus he's a tad younger than alot of these people.

Good lookout though, SC.

Responding to my own post. My friend said he knew Mr. Carroll much, much later. Even though he was a famous writer, musician he was basically a private guy.

So, no go on Andrea here. God rest her soul as well.

Does this girl look like her to anyone?
http://www.lvmpd.com/images/homicide/cold/homicide_perron.jpg

Throwing it up in the air. Strange thing is, this girl was found murdered in the desert in 1973 she disapeared on the way to Lorenzi Park in Las Vegas on 6-13-71.
http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/homicide_coldcases70.html
Case #:71-11701
Victim: Susan Rae Perron
Suspect: Unknown
Location: Desert area approximately 5 miles west of U.S. U.S. Highway 95 off of Lone Mountain Road
Date: Victim discovered on April 16, 1973
Synopsis:
On June 13, 1971 Susan Rae Perron (WFJ 14 yrs.) left her home to walk to Lorenzi Park to go swimming. It was not determined if she ever arrived at her destination. On April 16, 1973 the remains of a human skeleton was found in the desert area approximately 5 miles west of U.S. 95 Highway off of Lone Mountain Road. Through dental records it was determined that the skeletal remains were those of Susan Rae Perron. Cause of death was determined to be blunt trauma to the head.
Anyone with information is urged call LV Metro Homicide Cold Case Detail at 702-828-COLD.

More on Lorenzi Park
http://www.sunsetcities.com/lorenzi-park/index.html
http://www.sunsetcities.com/lorenzi-park-photos.html
http://lasvegasnevada.gov/images/LorenziPark.jpg

Sleuthster, she definitely COULD be an Alcala victim, timeline wise, not to mention blunt force trauma to head. I don't think she looks anything like the girl this thread is for though, do you? She does look similar to one of the girls on the bikes, I posted a side by side for you over on that thread. Maybe you'd like to delete this one from here and move your post over there? Unless you think she does look like the girl in the yellow shorts. :)

Side by side. Yes they do look close -- and the hair in the bun, too.

Though since she wasn't murdered until 1982, she can't be an Alcala victim. It would be a weird coincidence if he took her picture and then years later somebody else killed her...

Attachments

• 156UFNV2.jpg
    156UFNV2.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 01771.jpg
    01771.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 44
This one looks so close to me. Just a thought ... what if someone killed her later because of something she knew in connection with Alcala. There have been a few that look close here, but don't fit into the time line of when he was free.

This one looks so close to me. Just a thought ... what if someone killed her later because of something she knew in connection with Alcala. There have been a few that look close here, but don't fit into the time line of when he was free.

Interesting thought. And since he had photos of at least a couple hundred women, I suppose statistically one or two of them must have ended up as murder victims.

Alcala was in jail by the time she went missing.

Midkiff kind of looks like that woman who has all of the different identities and pictures on her missing file...oh what is her name? The blond...last known to be with a black family...something about a bible, she was a scammer of some sort...I hate when I can't remember something, ugh.

Midkiff kind of looks like that woman who has all of the different identities and pictures on her missing file...oh what is her name? The blond...last known to be with a black family...something about a bible, she was a scammer of some sort...I hate when I can't remember something, ugh.

Oh, I remember who you mean -- she had the family Bible from the black family that she had apparently stayed with, or something. I'll go see if I can find her...

Oh, I remember who you mean -- she had the family Bible from the black family that she had apparently stayed with, or something. I'll go see if I can find her...
YES! Posed or worked as a Realtor maybe? I can't remember. Still looking. Ty for the help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back